PDA

View Full Version : Love at first shot: Man,23, and his girlfriend, 24, become an official couple after he shoots her in the leg on a hunting trip

Teh One Who Knocks
12-09-2013, 12:09 PM
By Alexandra Klausner - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/aqBD0m1.png

A man accidentally shot a woman while hunting deer in the woods of LaFayette, Georgia. Now the pair are officially in love.

Friends Aubrey Mayo, 24, and Matthew Tyler Webb, 23, were spending time together on the roof of Webb's mothers home at 910 Hillsdale road on November 21 when Webb saw a pack of deer across the street and decided to hunt them down. He left at around 5:30 pm.

The Times Free Press reports that Mayo stayed behind but later went to find Webb after she thought she heard him calling her name. Mayo made her way down the ladder and across the street to where Webb was hunting.

'I was doing like a half yell,' Mayo said because she didn't want to scare away the deer.

Webb didn't hear Mayo calling his name. He simply heard rustling and saw a bit of movement behind the trees.

He shot. She fell down. Mayo doesn't remember much other than hearing a gun shot wound and feeling herself fall to the ground.

Webb heard his friend screaming so he rushed after her and wrapped up her wound with his jacket.

'There were massive amounts of blood,' said LaFayette Police Department Capt. Stacey Meeks to reporters.

Mayo remebers a sharp pain and lying on the ground. She remembers hearing medics talking but couldn't understand anything they were saying.

When Mayo woke up days later at Erlanger hospital, Webb was in the room holding onto a note he had written so that he could properly communicate what he wanted to say to the woman he loved, but almost fatally injured.

The pair knew each other for two months prior to the incident but the relationship was casual--of course until he shot her in the leg.

'Cupid doesn't use a bow and arrow anymore,' said 30-year-old Jesse Greer, Mayo's brother-in-law. 'He uses an SKS' rifle.

Mayo couldn't have been too mad because the couple officially started dating on November 21. after she was shot.

Even though there was no bad blood between Mayo and Webb, Webb got in some legal trouble following the incident. Webb was arrested for firing a gun within 150 feet of road. Webb will also face hunting violations as the Georgia Department of Natural Resources is conducting an investigation.

Hunting regulations would have required Mayo and Webb to be wearing bright orange to avoid being mistaken for an animal such as in this case.

He could be charged with failing to wear orange, a hunting license violation, and misuse of a firearm. Webb also confessed to taking several drugs on the day of the incident.

Despite the fact that Mayo's leg suffered significant nerve damage and she may have to have it amputated if it becomes infected, her family is not mad at Webb because he didn't mean to shoot her.

Her pain is so unbearable that Mayo is on nine different medications. She sometimes feels pain when she blinks.

'It hurts on top of my knee,' she said. 'And behind my knee. And on my shin, my calf, my ankle, my hip. The whole thing hurts.'

Although, Mayo and her family are happy that she is alive. Audrey's mother Mary Mayo, 59, a Memorial Hospital nurse, thought that her daughter would be dead or brain damaged for the rest of her life.

Audrey seems to have a sense of humor about the incident. She told reporters that she wants to make a necklace with the bullet that shot her.

Audrey's brother suggested that his sister get a tattoo of a deer with her hospital name 'Jane Doe' across it.

'Once we realized she was alive -- and that she was going to be alive -- we started to lighten up a little bit,' her sister Rachel Greer told the Times Free Press.

'It's like a modern version of how a caveman used to bash a woman over the head with a club,' Greer said. 'These days, they just shoot her in the leg,' said Rachel.

Audrey is maintaining a positive outlook and said, 'no need to put negativity on the whole thing.'

The couple are happily in love and are both avid Grateful Dead fans. They are also grateful that Audrey is alive.

Goofy
12-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Webb didn't hear Mayo calling his name. He simply heard rustling and saw a bit of movement behind the trees.

He shot. She fell down.

Hunting 101 :tup:

perrhaps
12-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Hunting 101 :tup:

Could have been worse. He might have missed and the bullet could have ricocheted and hit somebody who has a three-digit IQ.

FBD
12-09-2013, 10:33 PM
orange = hunting 101

deebakes
12-10-2013, 01:13 AM
:suicide: