PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Harbor survivor bumped from flight to see memorial

Teh One Who Knocks
12-09-2013, 12:54 PM
by KREM.com

HONOLULU, Hawaii -- A World War II veteran who survived Pearl Harbor almost did not make it back for a special remembrance of the attack Friday.

Ewalt Shatz said he was bumped from his United Airlines flight because he was told the plane was overweight. He tried explaining he was invited to attend a special remembrance ceremony as a Pearl Harbor survivor but he was not allowed to board.

“I thought that they just overbooked the deal and they were trying to get rid of a couple of customers and somebody had my seat. And that’s what made me mad because I paid for that seat and somebody else is sitting in it,” said Shatz.

He left United Airlines and eventually hopped on an American Airlines flight and made it to Honolulu in time for the ceremony.

When local veterans heard about the ordeal they gathered to give him a hero’s welcome at the airport.

United Airlines has not commented on the incident.

DemonGeminiX
12-09-2013, 07:23 PM
United Airlines has not commented on the incident.

Not to this news organization, but they did give a comment to Fox. They said something about safety, the weight of fuel, and having to kick 41 other passengers off the flight. The old man was asked for comment and he said they were full of shit.

:lol: