PDA

View Full Version : Colorado boy, 6, suspended, accused of sexual harassment for kissing girl on cheek

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2013, 07:45 PM
FOX News and The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/ePfe2ja.jpg

A 6-year-old boy has been suspended from a Colorado school for kissing a girl on the cheek.

School officials in Canon City are accusing Hunter Yelton of sexual harassment and they want it on his school record.

The boy's mother tells KRDO-TV her son was suspended once before for kissing the girl and had disciplinary problems, but the girl did not object to being kissed. She told the station that the two children like each other.

"They sent me to the office, fair and square. I did something wrong and I feel sorry," Yelton told the station.

A School District RE-1 official says the repeat offenses meet the school policy definition of sexual harassment and they hope the tough standards will force the boy to change his behavior.

Yelton's mother, Jennifer Saunders, wants sexual harassment removed from his record.

"I'm going to stand up and fight for him because that's not the case, that's not what happened at all," she told the station.

The school district, for its part, disagrees with Yelton's mother's opinion about the boy's behavior and says kissing a girl at school is unacceptable, the station reported.

Sandy Wurtele, a child psychologist, was critical about the district's decision to punish the boy over the kiss.

"I don’t think a 6-year-old would understand what harassment is," Wurtele told KRDO. "That has some longer-term implications."

PorkChopSandwiches
12-10-2013, 07:51 PM
:wtf:

RBP
12-10-2013, 08:17 PM
I wonder if a girl has ever been suspended for kissing a boy on the cheek...

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2013, 08:35 PM
I wonder if a girl has ever been suspended for kissing a boy on the cheek...

Girls aren't sexual predators :nono:

Loser
12-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Colorado...The new florida? :-k

RBP
12-10-2013, 11:12 PM

Oh yes, how silly of me....

PorkChopSandwiches
12-10-2013, 11:12 PM
:rbp:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Oh yes, how silly of me....

Don't you take that sarcastic tone with me mister :hand:

This was most definitely a prelude to rape [-(

Muddy
12-11-2013, 12:07 AM

:qft:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-11-2013, 01:34 AM
My daughter just bought a marshmallow gun at the schools Xmas boutique. ZERO TOLERANCE!!!!

Muddy
12-11-2013, 02:02 AM
Shes outta here! :shakefist:

Muddy
12-11-2013, 02:11 AM
All jokes aside, im sure this little guy is traumatized from this ridiculous event.. What in the flip is going on out there?

DemonGeminiX
12-11-2013, 02:14 AM
They've hired morons for teachers and administrators.

RBP
12-11-2013, 02:29 AM
Don't you take that sarcastic tone with me mister :hand:

This was most definitely a prelude to rape [-(

Clearly the patriarchy has extended rape culture to kindergarten! Have they no same?!?!

deebakes
12-11-2013, 02:56 AM
:wank:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Was just watching The Five and they were talking about this and they brought up a good point...what if this little boy had kissed another boy on the cheek instead of a girl? There would be an outpouring of people saying that we need to show tolerance and the poor boy was just unsure of his "gender identity" and was experimenting and we should all just leave him alone.

After thinking about it for a minute, they're 100% right. But let a 6 year old boy kiss a girl on the hand and all hell breaks loose and the boy is guilty of sexual harassment and is a rapist-in-waiting. :|

http://i.imgur.com/wOpvArk.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
12-12-2013, 12:22 PM
FOX News

The principal at the Colorado school where a 6-year-old was suspended Monday for planting a kiss on a classmate's cheek said the allegations on the student's record will be changed from "sexual harassment" to "misconduct."

Tammy DeWolfe, the principal at the Lincoln School of Science and Technology in Canon City, said the school has been working with Hunter Yelton's family to resolve the issue stemming from the incident.

Yelton was initially accused of sexual harassment that Canon City school officials wanted on his school record. A School District RE-1 official said the repeat offenses meet the school policy definition of sexual harassment and they hope the tough standards will force the boy to change his behavior.

"They sent me to the office, fair and square. I did something wrong and I feel sorry," Yelton, told KRDO-TV. The school’s voicemail box is full and they have not returned calls.

Yelton's mother, Jennifer Saunders, told the station, "I'm going to stand up and fight for him because that's not the case, that's not what happened at all."

The boy's mother said her son was suspended once before for kissing the girl and had disciplinary problems, but the girl did not object to being kissed. She told the station that the two children like each other. The girl, however, told Fox News she just wanted Yelton to "knock it off."

In the meantime, the Cannon City School District has been inundated with phone calls in defense of the boy. A woman who answered the phone at district office said the office is "very busy," dealing with some callers who are being hateful. The woman did not provide her name.

The Colorado Department of Education said it does not have jurisdiction in local control issues and will not comment on the issue. Local elected school boards and administrators set their own rules, it said.

DemonGeminiX
12-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Free Hunter Yelton!!!

Muddy
12-12-2013, 06:39 PM
If he had slapped her in the head with his dick he could have gotten off with detention.