PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State University considers ban on Nerf guns

Teh One Who Knocks
12-17-2013, 12:47 PM
By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times

http://i.imgur.com/pa7a8SRm.jpg

Missouri State University officials are discussing whether to ban Nerf guns after the toys spurred a lockdown earlier this year during the school’s semi-annual, campus-wide game “Humans vs. Zombies.”

In October, a professor mistook one of the neon toys for a real gun and called police, causing the university to be placed on lockdown, The Associated Press reported.

“When we get that call, we have to make the initial assessment that it might be a real gun,” said Don Clark, director of the university’s Department of Safety and Transportation, the AP reported.

Several colleges across the country have banned Nerf guns, the report said.

“That’s probably an option that we’ll discuss,” Mr. Clark said in the report. “I wouldn’t say that’s where we want to end up.”

Chad Holmes, faculty adviser for Live Action Society, which organizes the game, said participants of the game are already required to sign safety waivers and are not allowed to paint Nerf guns to look like real guns, The Springfield News-Leader reported.

FBD
12-17-2013, 02:23 PM
what's next, water pistols? :roll:

Acid Trip
12-17-2013, 02:24 PM
what's next, water pistols? :roll:

Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't give them ideas.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-17-2013, 02:26 PM
In October, a professor mistook one of the neon toys for a real gun and called police, causing the university to be placed on lockdown, The Associated Press reported.

Really? He mistook that thing for a real gun? And he's a professor? :-s

:facepalm:

Hal-9000
12-17-2013, 06:15 PM
don't take my wiffle ball bats :(

deebakes
12-18-2013, 02:28 AM
:fail: