PDA

View Full Version : Police Officer Warns Man Not to Wash Car in His Private Driveway

Teh One Who Knocks
12-19-2013, 12:45 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB0MLZZc63c

In Garden City, N.Y., last month, a man was approached by a police officer for preparing to wash his car in his own driveway, which is private property.

According to AOL.com, the police officer walked onto the driveway and told the unidentified man (and his friend), "Your neighbor doesn't like you."

The officer then added that washing a car on private property violates a city ordinance because it's in "public view," notes AutoBlog.com.

"You're not allowed to do it,” said the police officer. "I don’t just make this s*** up. I ain't just driving down the street to come over here and break your balls."

When the men remind him the car is on private property, the officer responded, "Okay that's what you say, it's still in public view."

The police officer then threatened to cite the men if they washed the car.

"We will be back here to give you tickets," he said. "... You don't want us being upset with you. You don't want cops coming over here to check everything out."

Goofy
12-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Is it too much to ask that Police actually attempt to catch real criminals :|

Acid Trip
12-19-2013, 01:58 PM
This reminds me of a line I heard on the History channel last night.

Show guest, "Let's get started digging our hole."

Show host, "Wait a minute, we can't just dig a hole. You need to get a permit first." (host is from Minnesota)

Show guest, "This is Texas. If we want to dig a hole we go right ahead and dig a hole."

Godfather
12-19-2013, 05:42 PM
This cop is a babbling idiot... that awkward smirk on his face when they remind him that (surprise) their driveway is private property.

I almost wish he wrote the ticket so he could be demolished in court by the judge.

Hal-9000
12-19-2013, 06:34 PM
"I ain't just driving down the street to come over here and break your balls."

:) ...yes you are........

and his comment about cops coming over here to check everything out, is an implied threat of harrassment....good job Mr 5-oh

Godfather
12-19-2013, 06:52 PM
and his comment about cops coming over here to check everything out, is an implied threat of harrassment....good job Mr 5-oh

Yeah those comments made me cringe too... "you don't want us having to come back here right?" That's mob/brown shirt level thinking.