PDA

View Full Version : Grieving Italian dad turns dead son into diamond

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2013, 12:32 PM
By Lee Moran / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/z3nvocP.jpg

A grieving Italian father had his dead son transformed into a diamond.

The devastated dad exhumed and cremated the 20-year-old’s body before sending the ashes off to Switzerland so they could be compressed into the gemstone.

The son, killed in a car crash this year, had already been buried in his hometown of Treviso when his pop came up with the idea.

The process, which can cost as much as $18,000, includes filtering and refinement of the carbon found in the ashes.

They are then secured in a high-pressure chamber to be turned into the diamond, reports The Local digital news site.

The 55-year-old father received the synthetic “Remembrance Diamond” back eight months later.

Goofy
12-23-2013, 01:08 PM
That just seems a bit weird to me......

Acid Trip
12-23-2013, 02:12 PM
That just seems a bit weird to me......

Gives a whole new meaning to family heirloom doesn't it?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Shine on you crazy diamond...

Hal-9000
12-23-2013, 11:28 PM
my sister's son was cremated...he was a goalie on the community hockey team

sister was involved in all things hockey at the rink so one year before they flooded the indoor ice, she asked if she could put some of his ashes in under the ice

rink dudes said ok...apparently it wasn't :lol:...but it still brings a tear to my eye every time I go out there and watch the tournament that was named after her son :thumbsup:

Griffin
12-23-2013, 11:42 PM
I told my wife that when I go to have me cremated, then put my ashes in a douche bag and send me through one last time.

Hal-9000
12-23-2013, 11:46 PM
:lol:

I want to be cremated and then all of my friends have to snort me....get on it bitches, 215 pounds of fun :dance: