PDA

View Full Version : Mother of 3 attacked over bad parking

Teh One Who Knocks
12-27-2013, 11:55 AM
By Desiree Stennett, Orlando Sentinel

http://i.imgur.com/8wyhWDt.jpg

The picturesque cluster of shops nestled next to Lake Mary's City Hall twinkles with festive lights this time of year.

It's a cozy spot where shoppers stroll about casually, enjoying everything from a boutique photography studio to a high-end wine shop.

It's not a place where you'd expect a parking-lot brawl.

That's why the attack that one Seminole County mom got into over a parking space just as she was leaving a holiday light display was such a shocker.

Lake Mary police are still searching for a woman who attacked Christine Beckwith, a mom of three, on Lakeview Avenue because she didn't like how the mom parked.

"I was just physically assaulted in the parking lot," Beckwith said, sobbing in a call to dispatchers after the beating. "I'm with my three children alone."

One of her 5-month-old twins can be heard bawling in the background as Beckwith described the attack, which left her with a black eye.

Beckwith told police she was helping her young children into her car about 7:30 p.m. when a woman in a white Honda with a Christmas wreath on the front bumper drove up and started to complain about her crooked parking.

Beckwith told the woman she would move the car as soon as she had her children strapped in, but instead of waiting or searching for another parking space, the woman attacked, an incident report said.

The woman grabbed Beckwith by the hair, pushed her face into the trunk of the car, then punched and scratched her, the report said.

The victim also said her attacker had two friends. One woman in a black sedan threatened the victim and said if she called the police, she "wouldn't be able to spend Christmas with her kids," the report said.

deebakes
12-27-2013, 02:49 PM
maybe she should have just parked properly in the first place, then this would have all been avoided :shrug: