PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore: 'ObamaCare is awful'

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2014, 11:49 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/4wNNO9A.jpg

Michael Moore is not happy with ObamaCare.

The liberal documentary filmmaker marked the Jan. 1 launch of coverage under the Affordable Care Act with a scathing op-ed that declared: "ObamaCare is awful."

This, he wrote in The New York Times, is the "dirty little secret many liberals have avoided saying out loud for fear of aiding the president's enemies."

Moore's problems with the law, though, naturally are different than the complaints from Republican critics.

Moore continues to back a single-payer, government-run system and argues that the current one is too favorable to the insurance industry.

"I believe Obamacare's rocky start -- clueless planning, a lousy website, insurance companies raising rates, and the president's telling people they could keep their coverage when, in fact, not all could -- is a result of one fatal flaw: The Affordable Care Act is a pro-insurance-industry plan implemented by a president who knew in his heart that a single-payer, Medicare-for-all model was the true way to go," he wrote.

Yet in the same op-ed, Moore also called ObamaCare a "godsend," because of its protections preventing insurance companies from denying or dropping sick patients.

He urged the public to pressure "blue states" to add a so-called "public option" -- a plan run by the government -- and "red states" to expand Medicaid.

jblonde0069
01-06-2014, 04:52 PM
When did that fat fuck wake up and smell the coffee?

Pony
01-06-2014, 05:30 PM
When did that fat fuck wake up and smell the coffee?

:rofl:

KevinD
01-06-2014, 06:52 PM
He didn't. What I get from this article is that he says Obamacare is awful, not because it's a dismal failure, but rather because it's not government controlled enough. The Dems didn't go far enough waka-doodle.

FBD
01-07-2014, 01:23 AM
yeah, because if they openly came out and said they were doing single payer it woulda been shot down faster than you can say rumplestiltsken...so instead they create something so bad its going to bankrupt anyone and anything involved so that there is "no choice" but to have the government step in and do it all.

basically just like anyone with half a brain said when they got the smallest piece of information about the whole thing.

RBP
01-07-2014, 05:13 AM
yeah, because if they openly came out and said they were doing single payer it woulda been shot down faster than you can say rumplestiltsken...so instead they create something so bad its going to bankrupt anyone and anything involved so that there is "no choice" but to have the government step in and do it all.

basically just like anyone with half a brain said when they got the smallest piece of information about the whole thing.

I think you give Obama way too much credit. Yes, I believe he wants single payer. And yes, I believe this thing was doomed from the start. But this conspiratorial view reminds me of the Bush haters who simultaneously claimed he was a complete buffoon while saying he orchestrated this elaborate terrorism/war plot for oil and Halliburton. I mean which is it? Is he a completely ineffective leader who can't make a decent decision to save his life or is he a political mastermind who can conceive a plot diabolical enough to make us believe he's a fuck up while really securing 1/6 of the economy to be run by a government?

I said the same of the Bush bashers. You can't have it both ways.

I think he honestly thought this would work. Well intentioned political idiocy is not that uncommon. He and congress fucked up. Why does it need to go further than that?

Apparently I don't have half a brain, so reply in small words... for us morons.

===========================================

One reality check. 7 million new enrollees, primarily young and healthy, are required to meet the CBO cost projections. Cost projections that included zero lost coverage. The various numbers (I heard 1.2 million ans 2.1 million in the same morning???) still mean that the program is net 2+ million in the hole after counting those who lost coverage. It's a nightmare.

Did I mention that the President indemnified the insurance companies against cost overruns? Yeah. They don't eat the mistake. WE do.

============================