PDA

View Full Version : Expectant Parents Letting Internet Vote On Name Of Baby, "Cthulhu" Now In 2nd Place

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2014, 12:16 PM
By Jordyn Taylor, Betabeat

In what’s sure to be the first in a couple’s long line of fabulous parenting decisions, two soon-to-be parents have asked the Internet for help naming their daughter.

With the approval of his (probably long suffering) wife, the husband set up namemydaughter.com, where users can vote for their favorite first and middle names for the unborn baby girl.

The husband explained himself and appealed to potential voters on Reddit, because obviously:

"I was sitting on the end of the bed after coming home from work and the idea hit me. I tend to be very forward person (this gets me in a lot of trouble lol) and I just blurted it out - ‘Hunny, I am going to ask the internet what we should name our daughter!’

She was supportive right from the start. I think at first she didn’t think I was actually going to do it. But once the domain was registered she knew it was real.

Hell when I saw that namemydaughter.com was available I just knew that was the sign that I HAD to do it.”

That’s simply ridiculous reasoning. Runamarathon.com is probably available right now, but that doesn’t mean I’m suddenly not going to spend two hours watching The Bachelor tonight and stuffing my face with cheesy jalapeno Pop Chips.

Anyway, in news that should surprise no one, the crazies of Reddit are really getting into it. Though surprisingly normal name Amelia Mae is currently in first place, it’s followed by Cthulu All-Spark. Names likes Charlotte, Leslie, Renee and Meagan also top the list, but so do Ixtley, Megatron, Slagathor, Titanium, and Salad. That, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you specifically solicit Reddit for help in your stupid baby naming plans.

The husband established the rule that users can only vote for each name once per household per day, wisely protecting his daughter from the neckbeards who’d inevitably spend hours voting for SwordOfDestiny SuperNova until their thumbs were too sore to play Warcraft that night.

But mayhaps this loony husband isn’t fully insane. At the top of the site, he declares: “Unfortunately internet I know better than to trust you. We will ultimately be making the final decision, Alas my daughter shall not be named WackyTaco692. Sorry guys the wife wouldn’t go for a free for all.”

The very lucky baby is due April 2, so if we start voting now, we can probably make Beyoncé happen. Let’s do it.

Muddy
01-14-2014, 03:06 PM
I think "Slagathor" has a nice ring, myself.. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-14-2014, 03:17 PM
But mayhaps this loony husband isn’t fully insane. At the top of the site, he declares: “Unfortunately internet I know better than to trust you. We will ultimately be making the final decision, Alas my daughter shall not be named WackyTaco692. Sorry guys the wife wouldn’t go for a free for all.”

So much for Megatron All-spark making the cut.