PDA

View Full Version : Suspect in custody after shooting at New Mexico middle school, police say

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2014, 05:51 PM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/pNXHjtp.jpg

Police say a suspect is in custody after a shooting at Berrendo Middle School in Roswell, N.M.

At least 3 people have been injured in the shooting, Roswell Police told Fox News, with two of them being children.

Brooke Linthicum of Eastern New Mexico Regional Medical Center told The Associated Press that the facility is treating two children for injuries, but would not disclose further information on their condition.

The other injured person was flown to be treated in Lubbock, Texas, according to KRQE.

A post on the Roswell Police Department’s Facebook page urged parents not to go to the school as it is on lockdown.

“Currently, the threat has been alleviated and this incident is being investigated,” read a statement from the New Mexico Department of Public Safety. “There are many resources and law enforcement officers on scene securing the area.”

Children are being transported to a nearby mall where parents can pick them up.

Authorities are expected to release more information at a press conference that is scheduled for 1 p.m. local time.

DemonGeminiX
01-14-2014, 06:39 PM
What could children do to deserve this crap? Why don't these pussies grow a set of balls and go shoot up a government office?

Loser
01-14-2014, 07:14 PM
What could children do to deserve this crap? Why don't these pussies grow a set of balls and go shoot up a government office?

Because there are "guns" at government offices.

Schools are protected by "gun free" zones :roll:

DemonGeminiX
01-15-2014, 12:12 AM
The shooter was a 12 year old kid?!?!?!?

Hal-9000
01-15-2014, 12:13 AM
or drive past a prison and take target practice through the fence...

so sad when innocents die and then young innocents at that..

KevinD
01-15-2014, 12:22 AM
The local AM station here in Midland did several stories on this today. Apparently one of the things being left out of the MSN is that this school is very much a gang school. Now, I'll leave out the race(s) involved, as I've heard several different ones stated. Also, haven't heard what type of weapon was used yet.
I really don't understand the mindset of someone who does things like this. When I was in school, sure there were fights. Gang fights too. Very rarely were weapons involves (beit knives, guns or bats) My only problem back then was being white and an only child in a school district that was predominately hispanic, asian and black, all of which tended to have large families.