PDA

View Full Version : 16-year-old student critically injured with hammer across from Southern California high school

Teh One Who Knocks
01-17-2014, 11:45 AM
The Associated Press

CHINO, Calif. – Officials say a 16-year-old student was critically injured in a hammer attack across the street from his Southern California high school.

City of Chino spokeswoman Michelle Van Der Linden says a man hit the student in the head Thursday afternoon across from Chino High School. The boy was flown to a hospital where he's in critical condition.

The suspect fled after the attack, and the high school and a nearby elementary school were locked down until he was caught soon after.

Van Der Linden says 48-year-old Gregory Richmond was arrested and booked on suspicion of attempted murder.

It wasn't clear whether the man and boy knew each other, or what motivated the attack.

Police didn't know if Richmond had hired an attorney, and no home phone listings could be found.

Jezter
01-17-2014, 12:17 PM
WTF!?

PorkChopSandwiches
01-17-2014, 04:46 PM
This was by my house, it happened off campus and they shut the schools down :facepalm:

Pony
01-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Ban hammers?

Jezter
01-17-2014, 07:10 PM
WTF!?

Well they shut down schools for "gun shaped poptarts" over there, ffs...

Hal-9000
01-17-2014, 07:36 PM
48 yr old attacking a 16 yr old with a blunt object...not clear if they knew each other...I'm pretty sure they did

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2014, 07:51 PM
http://www.trbimg.com/img-52d9ac33/turbine/la-me-ln-hammer-attack-chino-20140117-001/600Gregory Richmond and wife Raina Crawford were arrested on suspicion of attacking a teen with a hammer in Chino. (Chino Police Department)

By Christine Mai-DucJanuary 17, 2014, 2:34 p.m.

The wife of a man suspected of attacking a 16-year-old Chino High School student with a hammer Thursday and leaving him in critical condition has also been arrested.

Raina Renee Crawford, 40, was arrested by Chino police Thursday evening at an apartment complex across the street from the high school, according to records from the San Bernardino County sheriff’s office.

Michelle Van Der Linden, a spokeswoman for the city of Chino, said Crawford is suspected of aiding her husband, 48-year-old Gregory Undra Richmond, during the alleged attack, which happened across the street from the school.
The boy was airlifted to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition, Van Der Linden said.

Van Der Linden said it was unknown what prompted the attack, or whether Richmond and the boy knew each other.
Police responded to a call reporting the attack at about 1:17 p.m. Thursday. Chino High School and nearby Walnut Avenue Elementary were placed on lockdown while police searched for Richmond, who was arrested a few blocks from the school “within the hour.”
Crawford was arrested a few hours later at Richmond’s home.

Both have been booked for attempted murder and are being held in lieu of $1-million bail. They are scheduled to appear at the Rancho Cucamonga Superior Court on Jan. 21.
Reached by phone, a woman identifying herself as Richmond’s mother declined to comment.

Hal-9000
01-18-2014, 07:59 PM
so now the wife is in on it.....yeah, they didn't know the youth, just a random thing :roll:

Loser
01-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Drug deal gone bad.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2014, 11:13 PM
probably

perrhaps
01-20-2014, 03:46 PM
This was by my house, it happened off campus and they shut the schools down :facepalm:

http://www.trbimg.com/img-52d9ac33/turbine/la-me-ln-hammer-attack-chino-20140117-001/600Gregory Richmond and wife Raina Crawford were arrested on suspicion of attacking a teen with a hammer in Chino. (Chino Police Department)

By Christine Mai-DucJanuary 17, 2014, 2:34 p.m.

The wife of a man suspected of attacking a 16-year-old Chino High School student with a hammer Thursday and leaving him in critical condition has also been arrested.

Raina Renee Crawford, 40, was arrested by Chino police Thursday evening at an apartment complex across the street from the high school, according to records from the San Bernardino County sheriff’s office.

Michelle Van Der Linden, a spokeswoman for the city of Chino, said Crawford is suspected of aiding her husband, 48-year-old Gregory Undra Richmond, during the alleged attack, which happened across the street from the school.
The boy was airlifted to a hospital, where he remains in critical condition, Van Der Linden said.

Van Der Linden said it was unknown what prompted the attack, or whether Richmond and the boy knew each other.
Police responded to a call reporting the attack at about 1:17 p.m. Thursday. Chino High School and nearby Walnut Avenue Elementary were placed on lockdown while police searched for Richmond, who was arrested a few blocks from the school “within the hour.”
Crawford was arrested a few hours later at Richmond’s home.

Both have been booked for attempted murder and are being held in lieu of $1-million bail. They are scheduled to appear at the Rancho Cucamonga Superior Court on Jan. 21.
Reached by phone, a woman identifying herself as Richmond’s mother declined to comment.

Porky, you live in da 'hood?

PorkChopSandwiches
01-20-2014, 03:56 PM
By my house meaning in a 20 mile vicinity, not across the street :lol:

perrhaps
01-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Fess up, Rasmus! You do live in da 'hood, ain't ya?

PorkChopSandwiches
01-20-2014, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpufzJNrZ2Y

Hal-9000
01-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Rasmus

ffs :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Rasmus

ffs :lol:

IDK what that meant

Hugh_Janus
01-20-2014, 07:42 PM
I know a guy that got attacked with a hammer.... 3 people had to pull him off the attacker cos he was choking the shit out of him :rofl:

Hal-9000
01-20-2014, 07:43 PM
IDK what that meant

a name with slightly darker connotations I would suspect :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2014, 07:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68iRTzAswh0