PDA

View Full Version : Summer 2011 is here...

DemonGeminiX
05-08-2011, 02:38 AM
... 'tis the season to get your geek on. Fa-la-la-la-la--la-la-la-la...

The summer 2011 movie season is on and we've got a pretty big helping of (supposedly) awesome being served up.

Here's a list of what's being released in the realm of scifi/horror in the next few months. Which ones do you want to see?

Thor May 6th
Priest May 13th
Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides May 20th
X-men: First Class June 3rd
Super 8 June 10th
Green Lantern June 17th
Transformers: Dark of the Moon July 1st
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 July 15th
Captain America: The First Avenger July 22nd
Another Earth July 22nd (limited)
Cowboys and Aliens July 29th
Rise of the Planet of the Apes August 5th
Final Destination 5 August 12th
Fright Night August 19th
Conan the Barbarian August 19th
Apollo 18 August 26th
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark August 26th

Feel free to add on any that I've missed, or any you want to see that's not strictly within the scifi/horror genre.

DemonGeminiX
05-08-2011, 02:39 AM
Super 8, ftw!!!

:cheerlead:

Hal-9000
05-08-2011, 03:37 AM
Lots I hadn't heard about, thanks DGX :thumbsup:

Thor is supposed to be above average for a superhero movie.I'm looking forward to a new Pirates of the Caribbean.

Had no idea they were making a new Planet of the Apes movie and that they're redoing Conan :shock:

DemonGeminiX
05-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Lots I hadn't heard about, thanks DGX :thumbsup:

Thor is supposed to be above average for a superhero movie.I'm looking forward to a new Pirates of the Caribbean.

Had no idea they were making a new Planet of the Apes movie and that they're redoing Conan :shock:

Thor was pretty good. I went and saw it yesterday afternoon. Cap America is supposed to be as good as Thor. Hugo Weaving plays the Red Skull. Green Lantern looks cool. Pirates looks like it's gonna be better than the third film. James Franco is in the Apes prequel. Early reviews of sneak peaks of Conan don't bode well. BTW, Jason Momoa (Stargate Atlantis, Game of Thrones) plays Conan. Dude's popping up all over the place now.

Super 8 is a scifi/alien flick written and directed by JJ Abrams (Lost, Cloverfield, Star Trek reboot, etc). Steven Spielberg is one of the producers. But it doesn't look like one of those friendly alien flicks, ala, Close Encounters or ET. This looks lean and mean and suspenseful. I've been waiting for this film for a little while now.

When I saw Thor, they showed the trailer for Cowboys and Aliens and it looks kinda cool. Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig are in it.

Don't be Afraid of the Dark is a remake of the made for TV movie from the early 70s of the same title. Guy Pierce and Katie Holmes is in it and it's written and produced by Guillermo Del Toro. The early buzz is that it's super scary. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Hal-9000
05-08-2011, 05:57 AM
Omg DGX....

If Don't Be Afraid of the Dark is the same show I saw when I was a kid...it horrified me :lol:
Little guys came out at night and got up to mischief.I recall a few scenes that gave me the willies.

Super 8 looks cool as does Cowboys and Aliens :thumbsup:

redred
05-08-2011, 09:56 AM
pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides
X-men: First Class
Green Lantern
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Captain America: The First Avenger

and fast 5 :tup:

DemonGeminiX
05-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Priest opened this weekend. Anybody going to see it?

I saw the trailer for the Fright Night remake. Now I know my natural aversion to remakes sours my opinions, but this one might not be half-bad. Of course, you'll never beat Stephen Geoffreys and the natural camp of an 80s comedy-horror flick, but this one might actually be a little fun.

Oh you're so cool, Brewster!

8-[

DemonGeminiX
05-18-2011, 08:13 AM
Pirates opens this weekend.

:pirate:

Noilly Pratt
05-18-2011, 05:28 PM
If James Franco is in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, then I will see it with my wife. She goes bonkers over him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqyKYrDta_E

:cheerlead:gettin' some!

But, not until August 5th. :huh::meh: