PDA

View Full Version : Man beat his girlfriend, shoved girl's face in fire pit, police say

Teh One Who Knocks
01-24-2014, 12:23 PM
by Bobeth Yates - WWSB My Suncoast 7

http://i.imgur.com/jKWVkk3.jpg

BRADENTON, Fla. - A Bradenton man is facing multiple charges, including attempted murder, after a domestic altercation that left his girlfriend beaten and her adult daughter burned on the face.

It happened just after 10pm Wednesday in the 500 block of 12th Avenue West.

According to the Bradenton Police Department, 25-year-old Brandon Randolph got into an argument with his girlfriend, Detira Coston, during which he punched her in the face several times.

That's when police say he grabbed a gasoline can.

"He came in here and started pouring gas all through the hallway, and he goes ‘everybody in this m*****f***** gonna burn tonight!’" says Coston.

For the last nine years, she’s been in a relationship with Randolph. But late Wednesday night they got into a domestic dispute and things took a turn for the worse. "He goes up the hallway, opened the door where the kids are sleeping, and throws gas in all the room."

Coston's adult daughter Teira and 5 children were in the home. She says she saw Randolph beating her mom and pouring the gasoline. "I went to call the police, he grabbed my phone, so I went outside to use one of the neighbors phone and he grabbed me…and we were tousling and he threw me in the fire and held me there for about a minute or two.”

Teira somehow managed to get away, but not before receiving 2nd degree burns on her face and arms. She also received a gash on her forehead that resulted in her getting several stitches.

Randolph fled the scene but was apprehended early Thursday. "We tracked him down to a residence in Manatee County jurisdiction, and with their assistance we located him and took him into custody," says Capt. William Fowler with the Bradenton Police Department.

And while Randolph was not known to be a violent person, this isn't the first time he's gotten physical with Coston. "In the past nine years, this is the fourth time. But it’s the first time to this extreme."

When asked why she stayed with him after the pervious altercations, Coston answered: "It’s simply out of love."

Randolph has been charged with Attempted 2nd Degree Murder, Attempted Arson, Aggravated Assault, and Aggravated Domestic Battery.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-24-2014, 04:20 PM
I guess the first 3 times weren't a strong enough warning, she'll be back

Goofy
01-24-2014, 06:39 PM
When asked why she stayed with him after the pervious altercations, Coston answered: "It’s simply out of complete fucking stupidity."

FTFH :tup:

RBP
01-25-2014, 03:42 PM
I guess the first 3 times weren't a strong enough warning, she'll be back

But he won't. Not for a long time.