PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor saves sleeping family from house fire

Godfather
02-08-2011, 01:35 AM
This is the house across the street from where my parents live. They're a really nice family, just moved in with two children a few years ago. I'm so glad they're ok.

Just an inside story - they were supposed taking their son to Children's Hospital today for a check-up on his asthma. A few puffs of smoke and he may not have made it :wha:

-----------------------------------------

http://i53.tinypic.com/o9k2nk.jpg

A North Vancouver man is being credited for saving a young family from an attic fire early Monday morning.

A neighbour was out walking his dog around 6:20 a.m. when he noticed smoke billowing from the roof of a home in the 3800-block of Orlohma Place.

He ran to the door and knocked, waking up the parents and two small children sleeping inside, Asst. Fire Chief Mike Cairns told CTV News. The smoke alarms had yet to go off.

"He certainly helped them get out a lot easier and alerted our crews a lot sooner," Cairns said.

By the time firefighters arrived, flames were shooting through the roof. Crews were able to extinguish the blaze quickly, with fire damage restricted to the attic.

No one was injured in the fire.

Hal-9000
02-08-2011, 02:54 AM
Wow GF, that looks scary.You know...for all the times I've seen people in my neighborhood and gotten a little pissed thinking they should mind their own biz...
it's very reassuring to read about a dude in the hood who does something like that

redred
02-08-2011, 10:44 AM
wow glad they got out ok

Major Tool
02-08-2011, 02:02 PM
It only takes a little humanity and courage to be a hero. Thank God for that neighbor.