PDA

View Full Version : Baby ejected from car hit by train after dad drove around arm bar

Teh One Who Knocks
01-29-2014, 12:53 PM
My News 13

http://i.imgur.com/SKCvtz1.jpg

ORLANDO --

An Orlando father has been charged after his infant son was ejected from a car that collided with an Amtrak train in the Taft area of Orange County and, thankfully, landed on a patch of soft dirt, the Florida Highway Patrol said Monday.

The crash happened just before noon Monday after witnesses told FHP the father drove around the railroad crossing arm bar at Fourth Street and South Orange Avenue, south of State Road 528, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

According to FHP Sgt. Kim Montes, the baby's father, 41-year-old Herode Lubin of Orlando, was driving toward the train tracks as the railroad crossing arm bar came down and the lights were flashing to signal that a train was coming.

Troopers said Lubin drove around the arm bar and onto the tracks, and the train hit the car at 79 mph.

Lubin's 5-month-old son was ejected from the car, but troopers said the infant landed in an area of soft dirt and suffered only minor injuries. He was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children in Orlando.

The baby's mother, 39-year-old Louisena Necy, was also in the car. She was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center with minor injuries. Troopers said she was not wearing a seat belt.

Lubin, who was not injured, was ticketed for going around a railroad crossing arm bar, and for a child restraint violation.

The train, driven by 63-year-old Preston Jackson, of Jacksonville, was carrying 157 passengers. No one on the train was injured.

http://i.imgur.com/WxutDWB.jpg

redred
01-29-2014, 02:06 PM
:shock:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-29-2014, 04:28 PM
They must be testing something in the water out there in FL

Goofy
01-29-2014, 06:49 PM
They must be testing something in the water out there in FL

They put "stupidity" in the water supply? :shock:

Hal-9000
01-30-2014, 08:44 PM
car seat? and very nice to hear that the baby was ok :thumbsup:

my uncle drove over an uncontrolled train crossing (way out in the boonies) at night, his wife was in the back seat....the car stalled, train came and clipped the entire back half of the car off, killing my aunt. Everyone in the front seat was fine...

why I bring it up is because in my uncle's case, there wasn't even a reflective sign and for some reason the car got hung up on the traintracks (they suspected some engineering problem with the road) and his 3 speed car stalled.

This guy in the story above had lights, crossing barrier etc and is fucking numbskull...

Hal-9000
01-30-2014, 08:45 PM
car seat? and very nice to hear that the baby was ok :thumbsup:

my uncle drove over an uncontrolled train crossing (way out in the boonies) at night, his wife was in the back seat....the car stalled, train came and clipped the entire back half of the car off, killing my aunt. Everyone in the front seat was fine...

why I bring it up is because in my uncle's case, there wasn't even a reflective sign and for some reason the car got hung up on the traintracks (they suspected some engineering problem with the road) and his 3 speed car stalled.

This guy in the story above had lights, crossing barrier etc and is a fucking numbskull...