PDA

View Full Version : Axe shower gel? Not for my pre-teen

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2014, 04:23 PM
Kris Hey - Orlando Sentinel

http://i.imgur.com/MpnASTal.jpg

While I was cleaning the boys' bathroom the other day I noticed a bottle of Axe shower gel. It offers 'ultra lather and addictive fragrances' and a whole lot more.

(Before you ask, my husband and son have their own bathroom. I have my own bathroom, too. It's the clean one.)

I was amused because I knew the Axe wasn't my husband's; he doesn't even use cologne, and his body wash preference is more like Dial or Suave.

But my amusement quickly turned to annoyance when I looked at the back of the 'Dark Temptation' bottle. It said, "The scent of Axe Dark Temptation is as irresistible as chocolate. Use Dark Temptation in every shower, and she'll turn into a maneater..."

Below that were two drawings: one of a man in a shower scrubbing up with Axe, and, next to that, a man with a woman in a short dress fawning all over him. (Gross) The slogan read, 'The cleaner you are, the dirtier you get.'

Yeah, I don't think so. My son is 11. He is not getting dirty with any female anytime soon. Not as long as I am around.

I almost tossed the offending (at least to me) product in the trash, but I decided to ask some questions first.

I went to my husband, who, of course, bought our son the Axe, not having a clue the label read like a sex product. I asked our son why he wanted to use this gel and if kids in class also were using it. He said no, he just liked the smell.

I delicately told him this was not appropriate for kids his age, and we were going to get him something else to shower with. When he is older he can decide if he wants to use Axe.

In the meantime, my husband and I learned a lesson: We need to read more than just food labels.

I am hoping our son won't mind going back to the SpongeBob shower gel he used to use, but I doubt it.

redred
01-31-2014, 05:11 PM
it's call lynx over here

Jezter
01-31-2014, 06:03 PM
Jeebus H Bartholomew these people... I sometimes feel like I don't want to live on this anymore... As if some shower gel or deodorant would make girls attracted to you like a magnet. Fucking hell...how do these people even live old enough to have kids?!

Goofy
01-31-2014, 06:08 PM
Jeebus H Bartholomew these people... I sometimes feel like I don't want to live on this anymore... As if some shower gel or deodorant would make girls attracted to you like a magnet. Fucking hell...how do these people even live old enough to have kids?!

I sprayed Lynx on myself the other day there and every woman in a ten mile radius came running to me naked :hand:

DemonGeminiX
01-31-2014, 08:03 PM
Does anybody actually like Axe/Lynx?

redred
01-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Shower gels yes sprays no

PorkChopSandwiches
01-31-2014, 10:11 PM

My son (14) does (both), the spray gives me a headache immediately, I make him put it on outside if he wants to use and then he cant come back in the house :lol:

redred
01-31-2014, 10:33 PM
The spray burns me within 2 seconds of putting it on

PorkChopSandwiches
01-31-2014, 10:55 PM
I cant handle strong colognes/perfumes. I refused to let one particular sales guy into my office because I think he showered in cologne. My office would smell like that shit for the remainder of the day and I would end up with a pounding headache. I dont use anything with a scent other than deoderant. My wife may put on a bit of tuberose oil, but even that is light.

Hal-9000
01-31-2014, 11:02 PM
I use soap on my body and shampoo on my hair

BECAUSE I'M A MAN :x

bodywash, bodygel, fruity hair shit....pffffffftttt

PorkChopSandwiches
01-31-2014, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I still use bar soap....fuck me right

Hal-9000
01-31-2014, 11:06 PM
[-( No Jez-products for me...I stand up to pee

PorkChopSandwiches
01-31-2014, 11:07 PM
I stand up to shit

Hal-9000
01-31-2014, 11:09 PM
we got a couple of brown guys like you at work..I think they squat on the toilet seat and then decorate

:meh:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-31-2014, 11:30 PM
:lol:

Hugh_Janus
01-31-2014, 11:56 PM
not singe I was 13 :lol:

Its amazng how many men use it even in their 40s & 50s

I use soap on my body and shampoo on my hair

BECAUSE I'M A MAN :x

bodywash, bodygel, fruity hair shit....pffffffftttt
:tup:

I use soap because I can't get on with shower gel.... I don't feel as clean after washing

deebakes
02-01-2014, 01:26 AM
I stand up to shit

:rofl:

RBP
02-01-2014, 05:56 AM
He likes the smell, mom.

The sexual innuendo and your disgust that a man might feel attractive is your issue, mom. Not your son's or your husband's. No one else had an issue and a shower gel will not make your son the man whore rapist you anticipate.

Muddy
02-01-2014, 08:58 AM
I use the new old spice scents in a spray bottle under arm.. My wife makes me cut on the fart fan in the bathroom when i use it. :lol:

Jezter
02-01-2014, 10:11 AM
[-( No Jez-products for me...I stand up to pee

Hey! So what if I have different shower gels to match better with the deodorant Im going to wear that day...and that my hair gel is matching scent too... 8-[

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2014, 10:53 AM
I use soap the majority of the time, but I like to have some kind of body wash in the shower in case the soap runs out and I forget to get another bar out of the closet before I go in. I do mindless shit like that all the time. Generally, I grab the generic Old Spice High Endurance body wash that's supposed to get you 3X cleaner and last all day. I've never really noticed a scent to it. Those scents don't last very long, imo. It's a waste if you're paying that much more for a scented product. I've used Nivea's menthol scented body wash in the past. It pretty much faded during rinsing and was pretty much gone right after I got out of the shower. Not really worth the extra change.

The stuff that kills me are the body washes that come in tiny containers and cost $30 a pop. Like that Molton Brown crap. 10 fluid ounces. What idiot pays $30 for that shit?

Muddy
02-01-2014, 04:02 PM
You smell, DGX... I've told you that before..

Hal-9000
02-01-2014, 05:39 PM
Hey! So what if I have different shower gels to match better with the deodorant Im going to wear that day...and that my hair gel is matching scent too... 8-[

Jez seriously....whenever I smell coconut now, even in food....I think of you masturbating :lol:

:x :Finnishmindfuck:

FBD
02-01-2014, 07:54 PM

:rofl:

hahahaha....what a concept....hahaha....entirely foreign to real men!

Hal-9000
02-01-2014, 07:56 PM
jeez I didn't catch that matching comment :lol:

holy fuck Jez, metrosexual guys must point at you and call you feminine behind your back

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2014, 10:55 PM
You smell, DGX... I've told you that before..

Like fresh farts and cigars.

[-(

Muddy
02-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Mmmm...

Godfather
02-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Axe is filthy stuff. In highschool and the hockey dressing room a lot of young guys would use it and would fuck with each other by dosing someone so they absolutely stunk of cheap cologne all day.

Showering after gym wasn't something anyone did either, so kids would just cover themselves in Axe. We called it a Persian Shower :lol: Not very P.C.

Jezter
02-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Jez seriously....whenever I smell coconut now, even in food....I think of you masturbating :lol:

:x :Finnishmindfuck:
I am so happy to have had such lasting impact on your life, Hal. :lol:

jeez I didn't catch that matching comment :lol:

holy fuck Jez, metrosexual guys must point at you and call you feminine behind your back
Hey now! :slap:

Hal-9000
02-02-2014, 07:45 PM
hal's Mum - Want some coconut cream pie honey?

hal - :puke:

hal's Mum - What's wrong are you sick??

hal - No ma, I'm full :|

:x ruined for life!!

Jezter
02-02-2014, 07:48 PM
Coconut cream pie...tee hee...

Hal-9000
02-02-2014, 07:54 PM
:lol: piss off you impish little fairy

Jezter
02-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Im fluttering about in my pink bathrobe. Waiting for my tea to be ready.

Hal-9000
02-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Jez it's Superbowl Day...could you hold off on shaving your legs for 24 hours and be a man like the rest of us??? :lol:

Jezter
02-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Jez it's Superbowl Day...could you hold off on shaving your legs for 24 hours and be a man like the rest of us??? :lol:

I was to Valhalla and back last night, so I got hair on my balls alright! :lol: Peach fuzz at least... SuperBowl? Pffft...that overhyped hand egg throwing competition. Not for me. All the fuzz around it is bigger than the actual sport in it.

deebakes
02-02-2014, 08:34 PM
i know women that would beat you up for that one jez :lol:

Jezter
02-02-2014, 08:39 PM

No hurt Jezzie! Hug a Finn, not punt a Finn!

DemonGeminiX
02-02-2014, 11:04 PM

Hahahahahaha!!!

:lol:

Hal-9000
02-03-2014, 03:47 AM
i know most women could beat you up.....jez :lol:

adjusted for accuracy :tup: