PDA

View Full Version : Bristol police hunt for crocodile

redred
02-06-2014, 12:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/moG73RR.jpg

Police carried out a 'big game' hunt today after a bus driver reported seeing a six foot crocodile on the loose.

Avon and Somerset police Chief Constable Nick Gargan told his Twitter followers that a bus driver flagged down an officer claiming to have spotted the large reptile under a bridge.

Gargan tweeted: "One of our officers was flagged down by a bus driver today, claiming to have seen a 6ft crocodile under Coronation Bridge. We can't find it."

Officers searched for the beast but were unable to find any trace under Coronation Bridge, Bristol.

A spokesperson said: "We were called at 10:28am on Monday, February 3, to reports of a crocodile sighted on Bedminster Bridge.

"We carried out a search of the area but found no trace of the reptile."

Since the police search, someone has started a Twitter profile for the crocodile naming it Chris the Croc.

Bristol's mayor George Ferguson has already been in touch with Chris the Croc through Twitter.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-police-hunt-crocodile-Bedminster-bus/story-20550544-detail/story.html

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2014, 12:40 PM
By: Ted Jeory - The Express

http://i.imgur.com/wg2Fbn9.jpg

Councillor Tom Aditya, 39, has come forward with a film he made of what suspicious folk in the West Country now worry is the notorious Bristol Crocodile.

The predator was spotted by a terrified bus driver in the city last week, prompting a full scale search for the reptile by busy police.

Mr Aditya videoed the dark brown object last year and highlighted it to the public today in response to the latest scare.

He is sure it is not a floating log because he stared into its eyes.

He said: "I remember I could see its eyes there and at first I thought it could be a seal, but then it kept moving up the river slowly.

"I thought it was quite natural at first. I was a bit amazed, I thought 'why?'

"After that I didn't really think about it. I thought it might be naturally there.

"Then when I heard someone spotted a crocodile in Bristol, I went back to the video.

"It is not a log. I know that. It was moving against the current."

Management consultant Tom spotted the creature while walking near Pill on the banks of the River Avon near Bristol in October.

He added: "I have shown it to a friend in Florida and he believes that it is a crocodile of the gharial species from the Indian subcontinent. It is a fish-eating crocodile.

"It may have reached here through any vessel that passed through the Bristol channel."

Fears a crocodile was on the loose in Bristol were first triggered when Avon and Somerset police Chief Constable Nick Gargan tweeted that a bus driver had reported a sighting from Bedminster Bridge.

Mr Gargan revealed the police had launched an investigation, but a search "found no trace" of the beast eight days ago.

A second sighting of the alleged crocodile came from Kelly Gray, 41, who claims to have seen the beast last Wednesday.

Despite Mr Aditya’s evidence, the police have declined an offer to view the video.

redred
02-12-2014, 02:02 PM
you should see the press time this story is getting here :facepalm: i hope that people know this is a joke or i may need to move

Hal-9000
02-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Does Minz live near Bristol?

8-[

minz
02-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Does Minz live near Bristol?

8-[

:nutkick: I don't keep crocodiles!

Hal-9000
02-12-2014, 07:11 PM
geez you surfaced faster than the croc :lol:

Hugh_Janus
02-12-2014, 07:13 PM
:nutkick: I don't keep crocodiles!

I don't think he was talking about your pets....

:dance:

Hal-9000
02-12-2014, 07:14 PM
piss off Hugh, don't get me in deeper :lol:

I was talking about her scary menagerie of lizards n snakes n dinosaurs etc

minz
02-12-2014, 07:17 PM
I don't think he was talking about your pets....

Don't you start, you're only a car ride away I can deliver that nutkick in person!

minz
02-12-2014, 07:18 PM

They are not scary, did you see the clip of Ollie having a drink? He's kitten soft.

Hal-9000
02-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Don't you start, you're only a car ride away I can deliver that nutkick in person!

:lol:

*dingdong*

'Allo...I have a delivery for Hugh J, please sign here. Thank-you!

HOOFINTHEBAG

Hal-9000
02-12-2014, 07:21 PM
They are not scary, did you see the clip of Ollie having a drink? He's kitten soft.

They are horrible looking, fugly, scary looking little beasts [-(

If they were 10 times bigger people would be screaming and running away down your street (and I'm not talking about the time you didn't wear make-up)

Hugh_Janus
02-12-2014, 07:22 PM

don't like it when the boot is on the other foot :p

wouldn't be the first time its happened :dance:

minz
02-12-2014, 07:22 PM
They are horrible looking, fugly, scary looking little beasts [-(

If they were 10 times bigger people would be screaming and running away down your street (and I'm not talking about the time you didn't wear make-up)

If everyone adopted that attitude you would be very very lonely :dance:

Hal-9000
02-12-2014, 07:23 PM
If everyone adopted that attitude you would be very very lonely :dance:

no Gaelic on this forum pls, thanks

Hal-9000
02-12-2014, 07:23 PM
clever girl :lol:

Hal-9000
02-12-2014, 07:24 PM
don't like it when the boot is on the other foot :p

wouldn't be the first time its happened :dance:

I'm an angel, you're the shite disturber (guys at the ghey bathhouse seem to think so...)

Hugh_Janus
02-12-2014, 07:26 PM
any hole's a goal :shrug:

Hal-9000
02-12-2014, 07:28 PM
GOAL!!!!! :cheers:

:coat: