PDA

View Full Version : Father charged with threatening 9-year-old daughter with gun

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2014, 12:22 PM
By Ed Gallek - KSLA-TV

CLEVELAND, OH -

A father is facing charges after a police report said he pointed a gun at his 9-year-old daughter to make sure she didn't step on a dog's tail.

Daniel Roman is facing a series of charges in Cleveland Municipal Court for menacing, child endangering and domestic violence.

Police say the incident happened last month on Bellaire Road on Cleveland's westside.

Court records show Roman threatened his daughter with, "Step on the dog's tail again, and I will pull the trigger."

Roman's grandma told 19 Action News, she was there when Roman's children showed up for a weekend visit, and that her grandson did not make threats against his child with a gun.

But records reveal Roman also told his 7-year-old twins, "You tell anyone, I will hurt you and your sisters."

Our Ed Gallek spoke to the girls' stepfather on the phone.

The stepdad said the situation was odd, and that Roman even called him on his own the next day to talk about what happened.

The stepfather, who doesn't want his name revealed, told 19 Action News, "He called us denying it so I knew there had to be some truth in it. Cause why would he call us if we didn't ask him any questions?"

Roman is fighting the charges.

Another hearing is set for next week.