PDA

View Full Version : Reach for the sky! Overzealous Heathrow security officials 'confiscate' Toy Story cowboy Woody DOLL'S miniature gun

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2014, 12:30 PM
By Daily Mail Reporter

http://i.imgur.com/YeykDlp.jpg

With his trademark cowboy boots, cute waistcoat and red neckerchief, little Woody from Toy Story hardly looks like an imposing figure.

But the cowboy doll was apparently branded a terror risk at Heathrow Airport – because it was holding a miniature six-shooter.

A bemused air traveller has claimed on a social networking site that the figure was examined at Heathrow by security staff - who then subsequently confiscated the doll’s tiny firearm.

The traveller, who backed up their claim by posting online a photo of Woody being impounded, said: 'I have travelled the world with Toy Story’s Woody, taking pics for my son.

'At Heathrow, security just confiscated his "weapon", keep the world safe boys'.

The photo has caused hundreds of comments on the Reddit website, with many users branding the security services as overzealous.

One user, called Groonz, commented: 'I'm just imagining what it would be like if he tried to hijack an airplane with that small gun. People squinting looking at his hand.'

Another person, with the username dudeinsha, wrote: 'Pathetic. What happened to common sense?'

And Reddit user Spiritol Jaguar, referring to Woody’s famous catchphrase about snakes when someone pulls his string, added: 'Did they find the snake in his boot?'

The dolls are not normally sold with a gun, so it is unclear where the weapon originated.

Heathrow Airport refused to comment on the matter and but said that security rules are drawn up by the Department For Transport.

A spokesperson for the Department For Transport said: 'We do not comment on specific incidents or details of our security regime.

'Airports and airlines can use their discretion to remove any item being carried in hand luggage when they believe it may be perceived as a threat.'

Jezter
02-12-2014, 04:27 PM
I can testify the Heathrow security personnel being a bit overzealous. I forgot a pack of gum in my pocket when I was about to step through the security check gate thingy. I remembered it on the last second, pulled it out and a few pieces dropped on the floor. "Sir, clean your self up and step over here." And I got the full pat down with checking inside my waistband and all that jazz. I was WTFing slightly, but I thought it is no big deal and they are just doing their job... still, pretty funny over a few spilled pieces of gum.