PDA

View Full Version : Impending doom of a head cold - What do you do?

Godfather
02-14-2014, 04:10 AM
So I know it's coming... I have a tickle in my throat, tired, generally starting to feel shitty. I think everyone can tell 24 hours before they get smoked by one.

There are hundreds of urban legends out there, but do you guys do anything to try and stave off a cold when you feel it coming on? :-k

I'm willing to try some crazy shit to avoid getting sick before the weekend.

deebakes
02-14-2014, 04:45 AM
drink as much orange juice as you think you can handle :tup:

Pony
02-14-2014, 09:10 AM
So I know it's coming... I have a tickle in my throat, tired, generally starting to feel shitty. I think everyone can tell 24 hours before they get smoked by one.

There are hundreds of urban legends out there, but do you guys do anything to try and stave off a cold when you feel it coming on? :-k

I'm willing to try some crazy shit to avoid getting sick before the weekend.

Vitamin + zinc supplement.

DemonGeminiX
02-14-2014, 10:46 AM

I agree.

I use Vitamin C supplements. Don't ingest more than 2000 mg per day. I never go above 500 mg as a supplement. And don't burn the candle at both ends. Get your 8 hours every night.

I've heard zinc supplements are good for colds, but I've never used it myself.

Be careful with how much you take of any supplement. Some vitamins and minerals can be toxic if you take too much. Do some research.

Of course, it's always better if you can get it through natural sources.

redred
02-14-2014, 10:59 AM
i find neat vodka helps , no lie

DemonGeminiX
02-14-2014, 11:02 AM
I was once told by my grandmother ( :rip: ) that a hot toddy before bed was good for colds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_toddy

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Vitamin + zinc supplement.

I used to believe the zinc hype, but it seems it doesn't do much at all unfortunately.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2014, 11:30 AM
As for what you can do....

Put the lime in the coconut, and drink them both up :tup:

FBD
02-14-2014, 12:10 PM
I was gonna explain what I do, but yall already think I'm nuts :lol:

Pony
02-14-2014, 12:10 PM
I used to believe the zinc hype, but it seems it doesn't do much at all unfortunately.
Seems to help me, but thats probably because my diet is horrible and I'm not getting enough vitamins, etc.

I don't buy that expensive Zicam stuff, walgreens has bottles of zinc pills for $3.99/100 count

KevinD
02-14-2014, 02:01 PM
As mentioned, vitamin C, and for me personally, if I feel a fever coming on, I'll bundle up and sweat it out. My wife used to laugh at it, but after I explained why your body has a fever in the first place, and that taking drug that suppress the fever is bad, she tried it and was amazed that it worked.

DemonGeminiX
02-14-2014, 02:14 PM

So if we already think you're nuts, then why hold back now?

redred
02-14-2014, 02:26 PM

if it's going to be a long post please throw in some pictures , me and muddy have short attention spans :lol:

Hal-9000
02-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Brown guys here swear by hot curry or garlic...try to get whole garlic cloves or pills. Actually stopped me from getting a nasty flu headcold thingy once...

or DON CHERRY'S PILLS!!!

FBD
02-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Brown guys here swear by hot curry or garlic...try to get whole garlic cloves or pills. Actually stopped me from getting a nasty flu headcold thingy once...

or DON CHERRY'S PILLS!!!
the practices I do have a similar effect...but of course it requires prior practice.
after breathing streamlined enough that the coherent motions lead to formation of light at the lower energy center,
further focused cultivation causes the potential to rise up to the upper (~pineal)
eventually this arising becomes a part of practice, as it pushes out illnesses (words of old masters) by pushing out tears, emptying sinuses and eustachian tubes, causing salivation..

so these days I've learned to just basically arise the potential at both the upper and lower and then sorta twist the energy potentials against one another, upper vs lower, and that causes the lower energy center to wobble a bit and shoot the arising potential up the central channel of the body, when it hits the upper, boom, tears, sinus drainage, etc.

doing this every day prevents illness from taking hold - especially illnesses lodged in your sinuses. perchance I feel something begin to take hold there, I do more of the practice and make it more intense.

:mrgreen:

crazy enough for yas?

have not had a cold or seasonal allergies since 2007 :tup:

Jezter
02-14-2014, 06:27 PM
the practices I do have a similar effect...but of course it requires prior practice.
after breathing streamlined enough that the coherent motions lead to formation of light at the lower energy center,
further focused cultivation causes the potential to rise up to the upper (~pineal)
eventually this arising becomes a part of practice, as it pushes out illnesses (words of old masters) by pushing out tears, emptying sinuses and eustachian tubes, causing salivation..

so these days I've learned to just basically arise the potential at both the upper and lower and then sorta twist the energy potentials against one another, upper vs lower, and that causes the lower energy center to wobble a bit and shoot the arising potential up the central channel of the body, when it hits the upper, boom, tears, sinus drainage, etc.

doing this every day prevents illness from taking hold - especially illnesses lodged in your sinuses. perchance I feel something begin to take hold there, I do more of the practice and make it more intense.

:mrgreen:

crazy enough for yas?

have not had a cold or seasonal allergies since 2007 :tup:
http://i.imgur.com/QBEBFDh.jpg

Hal-9000
02-14-2014, 06:28 PM
he said - sit in a sauna with a bunch of nekkid Finnish men, and wear hair products that smell like coconut while you masturbate...you'll never get a head cold :tup:

Jezter
02-14-2014, 06:28 PM
As for what you can do, nothing really. When it hits, it hits. You can't do much in a day when all the shit is already happening in your system. All the vitamins and such might help reduce the symptoms and duration, but you just have to let it take its course. Feed your body with good food, nutrients, vitamins and rest to give it ammunition for the battle as well as for the recovery.

Goofy
02-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Amputation works for me :thumbsup:

FBD
02-14-2014, 06:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QBEBFDh.jpg
may be crazy, but it works :)

Jezter
02-14-2014, 06:51 PM
he said - sit in a sauna with a bunch of nekkid Finnish men, and wear hair products that smell like coconut while you masturbate...you'll never get a head cold :tup:

If one uses products in hair, it should always be washed away in the pre-sauna shower. Otherwise it will do bad things to your golden locks. Also, bating in sauna is a big no no. Afterwards though...Go forth and fapeth! And we do indeed have a saying: "Jos ei sauna, viina ja terva auta, se on kuolemaksi." Goes a little like "If sauna, booze and tar doesn't help, it's death.".

Goofy
02-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Goes a little like "If sauna, booze and tar doesn't help, it's death.".

I like that :lol:

Hal-9000
02-14-2014, 06:54 PM
yeah it is a good saying but him giving me hair care advice on my golden locks just made my testes shrink up into my stomach cavity :lol:

Goofy
02-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Didn't you chop a lot of your golden fleece off Hal? :-k

Jezter
02-14-2014, 07:00 PM
I like that :lol:
Our ancestors knew where it's at here in Ragnarök. :lol: Any excuse to drink and smoke, fuuuck yeah!

yeah it is a good saying but him giving me hair care advice on my golden locks just made my testes shrink up into my stomach cavity :lol:

I thought the shrinkage was a normal winter survival tactic...

Noilly Pratt
02-14-2014, 10:46 PM
I have a glass of Cran- raspberry, and some pineapple. (feeling the same way, GF and after work I have to do a 3 hour drive...sigh.)

Take naps wherever possible - the body heals itself best when you snooze.

Hal-9000
02-14-2014, 11:02 PM
Didn't you chop a lot of your golden fleece off Hal? :-k

yeah :sad2:

I keep getting called a cop or a marine...I guess I'm pretty jar-headed without the tresses

Acid Trip
02-14-2014, 11:10 PM

OJ with Vodka in it, Hot Tattis, or any other liquor based drinks (80 proof or better).

Most colds start in your mouth/throat. Alcoholic drinks help kill some of virus/bacteria as it tries to replicate. I've actually cut colds short with one night of moderate drinking right as it starts.

Hal-9000
02-14-2014, 11:14 PM
I have buddies who are life long alcoholics and they rarely get sick

Hugh_Janus
02-15-2014, 09:19 AM
stop being a little bitch and take it like a man :slap:

redred
02-15-2014, 09:32 AM
stop being a little bitch and take it like a man :slap:

you must get fed up of your boyfriend shouting that at you :outtahere:

Hugh_Janus
02-15-2014, 09:50 AM
:unimpressed:

Hal-9000
02-15-2014, 05:50 PM
:x damn you GF

I rarely get head colds....yesterday nose starting running, felt like I had given a bj to The Sandman and everything tastes weird

your fault [-(

FBD
02-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Hal, you know well the energy potential that cranks up when your TGN gits ya...create a similar energy potential in the sinuses until your nose runs like crazy and you cry :lol: (but dont furrow your brow or tense muscles or it will give you a headache...counterintuitive to arise energy potential and focus it, yet not have any muscular action at all.

Hal-9000
02-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Hal, you know well the energy potential that cranks up when your TGN gits ya...create a similar energy potential in the sinuses until your nose runs like crazy and you cry :lol: (but dont furrow your brow or tense muscles or it will give you a headache...counterintuitive to arise energy potential and focus it, yet not have any muscular action at all.

http://i.imgur.com/4sNAfBn.gif

Hal-9000
02-15-2014, 06:16 PM
a bad headcold is nothing for me...in fact when my sinuses fill I often get a break from some bad dental neuralgia :lol: .... usually a cold has the opposite effect in people, making their teeth sensitive and increasing headaches etc...

my dentist is sure I'm from Mars :lol:

FBD
02-15-2014, 06:16 PM
as one of my teachers said "get the fundamentals down, then its a freakin playground" :mrgreen:

I used to have fun stroking my goatee when I grew one outta high school :lol: but then my son kept tugging on the fuggin thing since it got to be like 3 inches long and I had to get rid of it, my chin was starting to hurt. It felt naked afterward :lol:

deebakes
02-15-2014, 09:01 PM
did anything work gf? :-k

Hugh_Janus
02-16-2014, 09:46 AM
doesn't look like it :rip:

deebakes
02-16-2014, 06:20 PM
:(

Godfather
02-16-2014, 06:34 PM
doesn't look like it :rip:

Death and reincarnation is a powerful drug.

Ya thanks for the advice boys! I overloaded on Vitamin C and a multi-vitamin with zinc. Not sure it worked, but the cold is almost gone already so it certainly didn't hurt!

redred
02-16-2014, 07:16 PM
vodka :tup:

Griffin
02-16-2014, 10:55 PM
Death and reincarnation is a powerful drug.

ain't that the truth, I wake up in a different world everyday.

...I just wish the gas and brake peddles would stay in the same place.