PDA

View Full Version : Teen mom says she's a mass murderer

RBP
02-16-2014, 02:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YJsM2zV.jpg

SUNBURY, Pa. — A diminutive teenage mother charged with the stabbing death of a central Pennsylvania man she lured with an online companionship ad says she has been on a cross-country murder spree since she became involved with a satanic cult six years ago.

Miranda Barbour, 19, made the shocking admission to the Sunbury Daily Item during a recorded interview Friday in the library of the Northumberland County Prison where she is an inmate.

The soft-spoken, five-foot tall Barbour could not recall specifically how many murders she had committed, saying: “When I hit 22, I stopped counting.”

She said some of the slayings occurred in Alaska, Texas, California and North Carolina and that she had no remorse because she killed only “bad people.”

Barbour said she confessed to the murder spree because “it is time for me to be honest and I feel I need to be honest.” She said she is willing to work with authorities “to pinpoint … on a map” where the murders occurred.

Sunbury police said they are working with authorities from several states and the FBI regarding Barbour’s possible involvement with unsolved murders elsewhere. The investigation includes looking into the death of a man with whom Barbour had a 1-year-old child.

“From information we gathered, we are seriously concerned and have been in contact with proper authorities,” said Sunbury Police Chief Steve Mazzeo.

Barbour and her husband, Elytte Barbour, 22, are accused of killing Troy LaFerrara, 42, of Port Trevorton, Pa.. three months ago. Both are being held without bail.

LaFerrara’s body, with 20 stab wounds, was found Nov. 12 in an alley in Sunbury. Police said he had responded to a Craig’s List posting promising female companionship in exchange for money.

The murder occurred three weeks after the Barbours were married and had moved to the Sunbury area from North Carolina. Elytte Barbour told police at the time of the couple’s arrest in early December that they had planned to kill someone to celebrate their marriage, and that his wife took him to a strip club afterwards as a birthday present.

Miranda Barbour said in her jailhouse interview that she became associated with a satanic cult when she was 13 and living in Alaska with her mother. She said she came under the influence of the cult leader and that he helped her kill her first victim.

“It was in an alley and he shot him,” she said. “Then he said to me that it was my turn to shoot him. I hate guns; I don’t use guns. I couldn’t do it so he came behind me and he took his hands and put them on top of mine and we pulled the trigger. And then from there I just continued to kill.”

Eventually, she said, she moved to North Carolina, had a baby and sought “to start over and forget everything I did. I knew something was bad inside me and the satanic beliefs brought it out. I embraced it.”

http://www.salemnews.com/nationworld/x2039927145/Teen-mom-says-shes-a-mass-murderer

Goofy
02-16-2014, 03:11 PM
:nuts:

Griffin
02-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Men are just dying to meet her.

deebakes
02-16-2014, 06:23 PM
i thought this was going to be farrah abraham :(

Godfather
02-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Crazy stuff. I don't actually believe her though. I just don't buy she killed 22+ people, and the 'satanic cult' shit sounds like an attempt at getting famous, but we'll see in time.

Just semantics here too, but doesn't this make her a serial killer, not a mass murderer? From my understanding, the former do not like to be called the latter :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-17-2014, 07:23 PM
Attention who're

Hal-9000
02-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Crazy stuff. I don't actually believe her though. I just don't buy she killed 22+ people, and the 'satanic cult' shit sounds like an attempt at getting famous, but we'll see in time.

Just semantics here too, but doesn't this make her a serial killer, not a mass murderer? From my understanding, the former do not like to be called the latter :lol:

from my personal note book....mass murderer is usually groups of people at once, serial killer does individual kills one at a time, over a period of time

blow up Space Mountain = mass murderer
kill all of the producers of Dancing With the Stars one by one over a year's time = serial killer

:oops:

Godfather
02-18-2014, 03:09 AM
Sounds about right :lol:

I remember watching a talk show one time where a serial killer was interviewed by phone from prison. The host called the killer a Mass Murderer and the serial killer stopped to correct the host. The serial killer said "a mass murderer is just someone who snapped. A serial killer has a craving to kill. If you could see inside my head you'd think I was really a nice guy for letting so many women that I meet actually live."

Gave me chills...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-23-2014, 10:25 AM
The Associated Press

SUNBURY, Pa. – A northeastern Pennsylvania judge has ruled a woman charged with her newlywed husband with luring a man through Craigslist and killing him can face the death penalty.

Sunbury's The Daily Item newspaper says the Northumberland County judge ruled Monday a jury will be permitted to consider torture and robbery as aggravating factors that could justify the death penalty against Miranda Barbour.

Investigators say Barbour stabbed Troy LaFerrara about 20 times in her parked car while husband Elytte Barbour held a cord tight against his neck from the back seat last November and then dumped his body in an alley.

The Barbours have pleaded not guilty. Both face the death penalty if convicted.

Hal-9000
05-23-2014, 06:25 PM
with cases like this, they should promise the prisoner reduced time, perks, if they can provide proof that leads to other bodies

then, they should let them ride Ol Sparkey after the info is verified :tup:

Hal-9000
05-23-2014, 06:25 PM
with cases like this, they should promise the prisoner reduced time, perks, if they can provide proof that leads to other bodies

then, they should let them ride Ol Sparkey after the info is verified :tup: