PDA

View Full Version : LSD user breaks into neighbors apartment 'thinking he is 24's Jack Bauer before he puts all their clothes in the bathtub and stuffs their credit cards inside a chocolate muffin'

Teh One Who Knocks
02-17-2014, 12:16 PM
By James Nye - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/YuGwkQj.jpg

A Seattle couple returned home on Sunday to find their apartment a mess, a frozen crab balancing on their bike, cat litter in the sink, a frozen pie in the oven and all their credit cards stuffed inside a chocolate muffin.

However rather than panic and fear they had been robbed, Derek Doerschel and his fianceé Danielle Green quickly came to suspect their neighbor, David Stolte - who they were aware suffered from mental health issues.

Indeed, as Doerschel phoned police he spotted a Stolte crouched in an alley adjacent to the apartment - who police promptly arrested.

Law enforcement said that they suspected he had taken LSD, causing him to think he was Jack Bauer from the television show 24.

Stolte, 30, was arrested and charged with residential burglary.

Doerschel said that initially when they came home to find food all over their apartment and their door ajar, his fianceé had become worried.

'She was scared,' he said to KiroTV. 'She was getting a little emotional.'

When Doerschel first saw the man hiding in the doorway with his hands on his head he was worried when he threw up something at him.

'At first I thought it was a shell casing to a gun or a bullet,' Doerschel said.

It was the peephole to the apartment.

Court documents seen by Kiro TV reveal Stolte's sad history of mental illness.

He has been arrested several times over the past three years for public nakedness, climbing onto the Seattle Center without any clothes on and lying down in the middle of the road to get run over.

'It's progressively getting worse,' Stolte's mother, Ria Quinton said.

Quinton said that she has tried everything to get her son to respond to treatment but she can't afford a therapist.

'I know he would never hurt anyone else,' Quinton said. 'He is capable of damaging property.'