PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas man accused of murdering girl who tried to prank his son

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2014, 11:44 AM
CNN Wire Report

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — A 15-year-old girl in Little Rock, Arkansas, is dead, police say, because of a prank that went wrong.

Adrian Broadway was shot in the head and died early Saturday morning.

She was with a group of teenagers who had gone to a house to do a “retaliation” prank on another teen who’d pranked them on Halloween, according to the Little Rock Police Department.

The teenagers told police they had thrown toilet paper, eggs and mayonnaise on a car parked there.

As they were leaving, a man believed to be the father of the boy they were pranking came out of the house and opened fire.

Broadway was hit in the head and died.

Another teenager, the driver, suffered injuries to his right arm. He was transported to a hospital, where he was treated and released.

Police have identified the shooting suspect as 48-year-old Willie Noble. He was charged with one count of first-degree murder, one count of a terroristic act and five counts of aggravated assault, they said.

Bond was set at $1 million.

“I got the news from my mom who said that Adrian had got a gun wound to the head, and I just dropped the phone immediately and started crying,” Broadway’s friend, Laguyia Bland, told KARK.

“They was trying to be teenagers,” Bland said. “As you know teenagers make mistakes, and this was one of those mistakes.”

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2014, 12:09 PM
By CHUCK BARTELS - Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/NYywFuK.jpg

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- A man accused of fatally shooting a 15-year-old girl told investigators he fired his pistol because he wanted to scare a carload of teenagers he believed vandalized his vehicle, Little Rock police said Tuesday.

Police released an account of the shooting, which they said followed a series of pranks between groups of young people over the weekend. A police spokesman, Lt. Sidney Allen, said the man charged in the shooting is the father of a teenager who was targeted in the exchange of pranks.

Police said Willie Noble, 48, shot at the carload of teenagers after he found eggs, mayonnaise and toilet paper covering his car Friday night. He waited for the teens to return, then fired his gun, police said. Adrian Broadway died early Saturday morning from a gunshot wound to the head.

"Mr. Noble stated that he waited inside because he knew whoever vandalized his vehicle was going to come back. Mr. Noble stated that once they returned (about 45 minutes later), he fired his handgun to scare them," according to the statement released by police Tuesday.

In the news release, police noted that Noble did not call police before or after the shooting. The driver of the car, a mid-size sedan with seven teens in it, fled to a convenience store where the youths called police. Officers found the driver side of the car pocked with bullet holes. Adrian was in the front passenger seat, and later died at a hospital.

Noble is charged with first-degree murder, five counts of aggravated assault and committing a terroristic act. He's being held in the Pulaski County Jail on $1 million bond. Jail records didn't indicate a pending court date or whether he has an attorney. Inmates generally get an attorney around the time they are arraigned.

The prosecutor's office said Tuesday that the case file hadn't yet been sent over by investigators.

The only other person injured was the driver, 18-year-old Dshone Nelson, who was treated for minor cuts from glass that was shattered by the bullets.

Others in the car were all juveniles so police didn't release their names. They included three 15-year-olds, a 14-year-old and a 17-year-old.

Chief Deputy Prosecutor John Johnson said he expects it will take police at least a couple of weeks before they finish investigating and turn the file over to his office, which is customary in a homicide investigation.

Johnson said he couldn't discuss specifics of the pending case.

RBP
02-19-2014, 12:22 PM
I'd say Willie overreacted just a tad.

I am not sure what the terrorist act part is. :-k

Goofy
02-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Ban all guns :shakefist: On a serious note though, surely stupid people (which this muppet obviously is) shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a gun......... ffs, imagine shooting at kids because they've toilet rolled your car :roll: Accident or not, it's fucking lunacy.

Goofy
02-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Mr. Noble stated that once they returned (about 45 minutes later), he fired his handgun to scare them," according to the statement released by police Tuesday.

Maybe shooting straight up into the air would have been a better 'scare' tactic :-k

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2014, 01:19 PM
:hand:

If he was a better shot, there would've been nobody left to call the police.

perrhaps
02-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Black man shooting Black teenage girl? That noise you hear in the background is Al Sharpton ripping his airline ticket.

Hal-9000
02-19-2014, 05:23 PM
This is why I don't believe in the 2nd amendment. Too many people make similar decisions ' to scare someone ' because they're angry or feel that they've been slighted.

As the story says - he didn't call the cops before or after the act, so his scare tactic story was BS. He shot with intent to harm...because someone made a mess on his car...

PorkChopSandwiches
02-19-2014, 05:28 PM
This is why I don't believe in the 2nd amendment. Too many people make similar decisions ' to scare someone ' because they're angry or feel that they've been slighted.

Good thing you dont have one, not that this guy was justified. But, the idea of throwing it away because some people are idiots is ridiculous

http://i.imgur.com/EcMD6Ht.gif

Hal-9000
02-19-2014, 05:30 PM
no, what's ridiculous is that people die

PorkChopSandwiches
02-19-2014, 05:38 PM
people have died since the beginning of time

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2014, 05:53 PM
The second amendment doesn't say you have the right to be an irresponsible moron, it just says you have the right to keep and bear arms.

What this dude did was completely and utterly wrong. Don't blame what he did on our freedoms. Blame it on his stupidity.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-19-2014, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ixhsuB6xMR8

Goofy
02-19-2014, 06:49 PM
The second amendment doesn't say you have the right to be an irresponsible moron, it just says you have the right to keep and bear arms.

What this dude did was completely and utterly wrong. Don't blame what he did on our freedoms. Blame it on his stupidity.

But, if he didn't have a gun then this girl would still be alive right now - fact.

Shit, i just got involved in a gun debate with Americans didn't i? :doh: :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2014, 06:52 PM
You could also say that if the kids didn't fuck with his vehicle, then she would also still be alive. Now what's the moral of the story?

Never fuck with a man's vehicle. :nono:

Goofy
02-19-2014, 07:06 PM
You could also say that if the kids didn't fuck with his vehicle, then she would also still be alive. Now what's the moral of the story?

Never fuck with a man's vehicle. :nono:

:lol: The punishment seems a bit harsh though for a crime that can be washed off......... if she'd dented it the by all means, kill everyone :thumbsup:

Goofy
02-19-2014, 07:08 PM
tbh i always try to avoid jumping in on these gun control type of threads since we live in different countries with different customs and histories regarding gun ownership :oops: I do understand the US people's point of view though even if it does seem alien to me :)

perrhaps
02-19-2014, 07:58 PM
tbh i always try to avoid jumping in on these gun control type of threads since we live in different countries with different customs and histories regarding gun ownership :oops: I do understand the US people's point of view though even if it does seem alien to me :)

Damned decent of you, old chap! Maybe I'll start wearing a skirt when I out drinking and be commando beneath it.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-19-2014, 08:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4t1Dki3.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2014, 08:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SiToJu4.gif

PorkChopSandwiches
02-19-2014, 08:04 PM
:scotland:

perrhaps
02-19-2014, 09:01 PM
:scotland:

I never knew Scotland had its own flag! I always thought it was sorta like Great Britain's Puerto Rico.