PDA

View Full Version : Police: Livingston man said while being arrested 'I need to get my crackpipe'

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2014, 11:25 AM
By Caleb Beames - KLTV Channel 7

http://i.imgur.com/lZFPhe1.jpg

LIVINGSTON, TX (KTRE) -

A 43-year-old Livingston man allegedly said he needed his crack pipe and got into a scuffle with a police officer over it while he was being arrested for assaulting his girlfriend Wednesday.

Paul Lee Dewalt Jr. is still being held in the Polk County Jail on felony charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and tampering or fabricating with physical evidence and misdemeanor charges of possession of drug paraphernalia, resisting arrest, search, or transport, and bond forfeiture. No bail has been set at this time.

Lt. Matt Parrish, a spokesman for the Livingston Police Department, said that LPD officers responded to a 911 call about an assault in progress at a residence in the 400 block of Miracle Way Wednesday.

When they interviewed witnesses at the scene, they learned that Dewalt had kicked his girlfriend before he pulled out a box knife and threatened to cut her.

One of the officers saw drug paraphernalia and went to collect it, Parrish said.

At that point, Dewalt allegedly said, "Hold on a second. I need to get my crack pipe." When the officer tried to take it from him, Dewalt resisted and tried to destroy it, Parrish said.

"We are very familiar with him," Parrish said. "Dewalt has several other assaults pending against him - six since 2012."

deebakes
02-22-2014, 12:58 AM
:unimpressed: