PDA

View Full Version : Justin Bieber -- GOING TO TRIAL In DUI Case

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2014, 11:13 AM
By the TMZ Staff

http://i.imgur.com/K5NfbhY.jpg

Justin Bieber and Miami Beach prosecutors will NOT strike a plea deal in his DUI case ... and sources connected with the case say a trial is now almost certain.

TMZ broke the story ... prosecutors are offering a no contest plea to reckless driving, with strings attached ... notably Justin must submit to random drug testing for 6 to 9 months. Sources connected with Bieber say they will NOT accept any plea that has probationary terms ... especially drug testing.

Now law enforcement sources tell us ... they will not deal if Justin does not agree to random drug testing ... period. As a result, both sides are at an impasse.

With a plea deal all but off the table, a trial is likely. Law enforcement sources acknowledge there are problems with the arresting officers ... the fact that he may have lied when he said he smelled alcohol on Justin's breath (he blew a .014). And another cop claimed Justin was drag racing (at 27 MPH).

Nonetheless ... we're told prosecutors are not afraid of trying the case. And Justin's famed lawyer, Roy Black, is ready for a courtroom battle.

At stake -- Justin could be tried for 3 offenses ... DUI, resisting arrest, and driving on an expired license. Worst case scenario -- 2 1/2 years in jail.

DemonGeminiX
02-25-2014, 12:17 PM
2 1/2 years in jail is long enough for somebody to ass rape the little bitch then shank him. Or shank him then ass rape him. Or both at the same time.

Hugh_Janus
02-25-2014, 07:53 PM
or shank him and rape his shank hole :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
02-25-2014, 08:02 PM
He's not 21 any alcohol on his breath will be a DUI. :lol:

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 08:11 PM
2 1/2 years in jail is long enough for somebody to ass rape the little bitch then shank him. Or shank him then ass rape him. Or both at the same time.

Mickey this week on Shameless was hilarious :lol: He had names for everyone...

until he ran into the gay bar owner and tried to tell him he wasn't a fudgepacker....Owner fired off a zinger comparing Mickey to Justin Bieber

DemonGeminiX
02-25-2014, 08:28 PM
Here's something that's actually pretty interesting:

http://drinkingage.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002591

I had no idea that an underage kid was allowed to drink in Georgia so long as his/her parents allowed it, he/she was on private property, and the sale of alcohol wasn't occurring on the property in question.

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 08:31 PM

I had no idea that an underage kid was allowed to drink in Georgia so long as his/her parents allowed it, he/she was on private property, and the sale of alcohol wasn't occurring on the property in question.

these are the types of things I hate....ffs just make one age limit for all states and all circumstances ...18

same with age of sexual consent ....not this garbage like - Oh it's ok if his uncle once removed is standing on one foot and it's a Tuesday BS...

DemonGeminiX
02-25-2014, 08:36 PM
See therein lies the problem: The federal government has no right to make a blanket national law like that. Congress had to pen a law that was tantamount to fiscal coercion to get all of the states on board with raising the legal limit to 21.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-25-2014, 08:39 PM

for medical purposes

:lol:

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 08:54 PM
See therein lies the problem: The federal government has no right to make a blanket national law like that. Congress had to pen a law that was tantamount to fiscal coercion to get all of the states on board with raising the legal limit to 21.

and therein lies the problem indeed :lol:

it shouldn't be about rights or states crying because the federal government issues that kind of mandate.....we have the same thing up here. 18 in my province, 19 in GF's and who knows what it is out east....

some things should be standardized across the board

DemonGeminiX
02-25-2014, 08:58 PM
You don't understand. Constitutionally speaking, the federal government cannot issue that kind of law. It's not within Congress's enumerated powers to write that kind of law.

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 09:32 PM
You don't understand. Constitutionally speaking, the federal government cannot issue that kind of law. It's not within Congress's enumerated powers to write that kind of law.

..aaaaand therein lies the problem :lol:

I can do this all day :dance:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-25-2014, 09:37 PM
:facepalm:

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 09:39 PM
oh stop...you all are so caught up in your constitutional laws, your feds cant' do this, but the state can do this lawmaking etc, etc it's a quagmire of idiocy

you miss the forest for the trees

Why not mandate a country wide law regarding the drinking age? Because it makes sense to standardize something of that nature?

PorkChopSandwiches
02-25-2014, 09:59 PM
If you had your way the feds would run everything in our day to day lives, thats not their purpose

Pony
02-25-2014, 10:10 PM

Here in Ohio it's legal for a minor to be in a bar and have a drink as long as it's bought by their parent or legal guardian. Really does not happen much though, I've never witnessed it. Plus if the kid started acting looped I'm sure someone would call the cops/child services and call it abuse.

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 10:13 PM
If you had your way the feds would run everything in our day to day lives, thats not their purpose

It's not my way and rather than thanking posts and laying down facepalms at someone who doesn't live in your country, why don't you try to see it...

actually no..

Here's what gets me....this applies to provinces and states with varying consent and booze laws

Let's say there's two states and the legal age of consent is 18 in one, 16 in the other. Let's say the booze law is similar. Now let's imagine that the bar is on or near the state line (we have a town on a provincial line...)

I pick up a young hottie and we go out to my car with the idea that I'm getting laid. If I turn right out of the parking lot I have the time of my life, if I turn left I get 3-5 years in the bighouse

:lol: it makes no fucking sense

I'm not saying allow the feds to change every law, I'm saying there are some things that should be standardized across your country and mine.

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 10:17 PM
Here in Ohio it's legal for a minor to be in a bar and have a drink as long as it's bought by their parent or legal guardian. Really does not happen much though, I've never witnessed it. Plus if the kid started acting looped I'm sure someone would call the cops/child services and call it abuse.

Up here I'm sure we can't do that...although GF is more up on the politics/provincial laws of our country.

This is another thing that seems moronic. One part of the law says the person is too young to be served booze, yet his parents can buy it for him when he's underage? Kinda defeats the first part of the law..

Pony
02-25-2014, 10:28 PM
oh stop...you all are so caught up in your constitutional laws, your feds cant' do this, but the state can do this lawmaking etc, etc it's a quagmire of idiocy

you miss the forest for the trees

Why not mandate a country wide law regarding the drinking age? Because it makes sense to standardize something of that nature?

A lot of laws that might make sense for certain states would be ridiculous in others. You almost have to think of each state as an individual entity. Same in reverse, if the feds passed certain laws based on what applies in Washington DC but makes no sense somewhere like Montana.
Not to start with the gun topic again but having strict gun laws in densely populated high crime areas might just make more sense than having the same laws in rural bear country.
BTW, it's not only Federal and State, different counties and cities have different laws on the books as well. Think of it more like the structure in any business.

Pony
02-25-2014, 10:34 PM
Up here I'm sure we can't do that...although GF is more up on the politics/provincial laws of our country.

This is another thing that seems moronic. One part of the law says the person is too young to be served booze, yet his parents can buy it for him when he's underage? Kinda defeats the first part of the law..

I'm sure it was set up that way so that parents don't get thrown in prison if they give their kid a sip of beer or wine. Or buy their 17-20YO a drink with dinner.
Bottom line is they are leaving the job of parenting to the parent. It's not intended for a parent to give a kid a bottle of Jack and tell him to go have fun with his friends.

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 10:34 PM
A lot of laws that might make sense for certain states would be ridiculous in others. You almost have to think of each state as an individual entity. Same in reverse, if the feds passed certain laws based on what applies in Washington DC but makes no sense somewhere like Montana.
Not to start with the gun topic again but having strict gun laws in densely populated high crime areas might just make more sense than having the same laws in rural bear country.
BTW, it's not only Federal and State, different counties and cities have different laws on the books as well. Think of it more like the structure in any business.

I guess that's where we think differently, regarding the booze and consent. I can't see any reason to have a variation based on population or any other factor really...

the gun thing...yeah that's a little different.

I understand the desire for autonomy, but having a million little villages under the one banner of USA seems a little much (to an outsider)

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 10:37 PM
so what's the age of consent in Arkansas...14? or is that dropped to 12 if you're related? :lol:

:lowblow: I'll stop now...

Pony
02-25-2014, 10:45 PM
I understand the desire for autonomy, but having a million little villages under the one banner of USA seems a little much (to an outsider)

That's actually a good way of putting it. And yes it can be conflicting but it works. Reminds me of the dry county/wet county thing. There are areas that are really strict and have banned all alcohol but the next county over is "wet". People will drive sometimes across state lines to go to the nearest bar.

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 10:49 PM
In Haltopia...

legal age to drink is 18, unless you:

a.throw up
b.get in a fight
c.become a total dick by:
i) repeating everything you say 3 times
ii) yelling or screaming
iii) pee or poop your pants

In which case your legal drinking age is raised to 19. And it's raised by one year for each subsequent offense/

The legal age to have sex is 15 for boys, 23 for girls *

unless you're a really hot chick then it's 17-ish, depending on the size of your ass

Pony
02-25-2014, 10:50 PM
so what's the age of consent in Arkansas...14? or is that dropped to 12 if you're related? :lol:

:lowblow: I'll stop now...

I dunno, here in Ohio it's 18. But there are provisions set in place to give it some flexibility. Each state is different but here I believe it's legal if the age difference is within a couple years. It's OK for 18 to date 16 but not 14. and it's against the law for 21 to date 17.

DemonGeminiX
02-25-2014, 10:53 PM
I had a friend that used to live in New York state near the Canadian border. He told me that back in the day when he was 15, he would sneak across the border with friends and they would get blitzed off their asses because the legal drinking age was 14 in whatever province it was they were sneaking into (Ontario maybe?). I don't know if it was true or not, but it made for a good story.

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 10:56 PM
That's actually a good way of putting it. And yes it can be conflicting but it works. Reminds me of the dry county/wet county thing. There are areas that are really strict and have banned all alcohol but the next county over is "wet". People will drive sometimes across state lines to go to the nearest bar.

Hey...we're known as a melting pot of multicultural people all living under one banner of Canada. Yet those same people we welcome are changing laws as we speak...

:lol: digression, another subject for another time

I like the idea of having a nation of differing provinces or states, but at one point there has to be an umbrella where all people sit under it. Simple things like age consent laws and hell, laws themselves.

Why is it an offense to walk your mule on a public street in Virginia, but it's ok in California? Those sort of things are asinine. It makes the nation so varied, it's like a piece of Swiss cheese where the holes keep appearing :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I believe strongly in individual rights, just not a playbook that varies every 300 miles or so and has so much variety, that you literally need a guide to the playbook in terms of what laws apply where.

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 11:00 PM

I dunno, here in Ohio it's 18. But there are provisions set in place to give it some flexibility. Each state is different but here I believe it's legal if the age difference is within a couple years. It's OK for 18 to date 16 but not 14. and it's against the law for 21 to date 17.

that's another gray area/slide ruler needed that gets me pissed :x

consent age is 14 for sex, unless you're something like more than 5 years over consent age doing the 14 yr old....then it's statutory rape

:x

Hal-9000
02-25-2014, 11:01 PM
I had a friend that used to live in New York state near the Canadian border. He told me that back in the day when he was 15, he would sneak across the border with friends and they would get blitzed off their asses because the legal drinking age was 14 in whatever province it was they were sneaking into (Ontario maybe?). I don't know if it was true or not, but it made for a good story.

MrsM could tell you...I believe it's 19 in Ontario but since I don't go there, I don't care...er...know :dance:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-25-2014, 11:40 PM
It's not my way and rather than thanking posts and laying down facepalms at someone who doesn't live in your country, why don't you try to see it...

actually no..

Here's what gets me....this applies to provinces and states with varying consent and booze laws

Let's say there's two states and the legal age of consent is 18 in one, 16 in the other. Let's say the booze law is similar. Now let's imagine that the bar is on or near the state line (we have a town on a provincial line...)

I pick up a young hottie and we go out to my car with the idea that I'm getting laid. If I turn right out of the parking lot I have the time of my life, if I turn left I get 3-5 years in the bighouse

:lol: it makes no fucking sense

I'm not saying allow the feds to change every law, I'm saying there are some things that should be standardized across your country and mine.
In NJ they have dry towns. You can't buy alcohol, the town across the street is lined with bars right on the border

Hal-9000
02-26-2014, 12:08 AM
Imma get Obama to change some stuff

DemonGeminiX
02-26-2014, 12:09 AM
Absolutely true fact: Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey is produced in Lynchburg, Tennessee, which is in Moore County, a dry county. So they can make Jack Daniels there, but they can't drink it.

Hugh_Janus
02-26-2014, 12:17 AM
absolutely true fact: jd honey and coke is dangerous stuff

Hugh_Janus
02-26-2014, 12:19 AM
In NJ they have dry towns. You can't buy alcohol, the town across the street is lined with bars right on the border

you fuckin weirdos :lol:

MrsM
02-27-2014, 03:21 PM
MrsM could tell you...I believe it's 19 in Ontario but since I don't go there, I don't care...er...know :dance:

It's 19 in Ontario and 18 I believe in Quebec

Hal-9000
02-27-2014, 03:52 PM
thanks MrsM, it's 18 out here as well