PDA

View Full Version : Authorities warn of dangerous new drug appearing in the Tri-State

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2014, 12:32 PM
By Nick LaGrange - 14 News

http://i.imgur.com/67U8Fyr.jpg

DUBOIS CO., IN (WFIE) -

The Dubois County Sheriff's Office says they want you to know about a dangerous new drug called 'gravel.'

They say it's made an appearance in the county and they want to know how it's getting there.

It's called gravel because it closely resembles gravel with its white-gray color. Police say it combines elements of meth, bath salts and crack cocaine.

It is a highly-addictive synthetic drug that contains the chemical Alpha PVP. Police say gravel has been shipped by normal means, and is often disguised as plant fertilizer.

Police say it can be injected or swallowed and side effects of gravel include hallucinations, violent behavior, paranoia, and brain damage.

"We haven't seen it here, locally. That doesn't mean it's not here. It probably is here. We try to keep ahead of that and know what that is. Our main concern is making sure that we have laws in place to enforce it, once we do find it. Because this is a synthetic drug, we have to make sure the legislation is up on changing with the chemical compounds that are illegal, so we can enforce it, once we find it," says Karen Kajmowicz with Evansville Police.

If you have any information, including anonymously, please contact the proper authority.

Hal-9000
02-26-2014, 06:17 PM
I happened upon a forum where people were chatting about using the newer chemical drugs....most members obviously had tons of experience...

it was enlightening reading a thread started by a guy who thought he was going to die and the advice he got :lol: He had taken something that had a horrible coming down effect on your body, much worse than the effect of the high itself

if I get back there I'll post some links to threads....it's worrisome and hilarious at the same time how absolutely idiotic these kids are