PDA

View Full Version : Britain set to mark Spam Appreciation Week

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Doncaster Free Press

http://i.imgur.com/0rNlbXT.jpg

2014 is going to be quite a year to remember for iconic meat Spam as the Monty Python boys reunite and a whole new generation gets to appreciate the chopped pork and ham favourite.

It’s officially Spam Appreciation Week from 3-9 March and no better time to remind the British public just how unique, tasty and versatile Spam Chopped Pork and Ham really is.

After all, no other meat can claim to have such an incredible 75+ year history and still be as popular to this day around the world.

In the words of Monty Python, “now for something completely different” - here’s just a few facts to show just what makes Spam Chopped Pork and Ham stand out from the meat crowd:

• More than seven billion cans of Spam products have been opened since its launch back in 1937

• They may only be islands, but Hawaii and Guam go crazy for Spam Chopped Pork and Ham.

* In Aloha State more than 7 million Spam products are sold per year and Hawaii even hosts its own annual Spam Jam festival in Honolulu.

* While in Guam an average of 16 Spam products are consumed by every person per year.

* Spam Chopped Pork and Ham is made from more than 90% prime shoulder pork and ham

* Celebrity Spam Fans include James May and Heston Blumenthal

* In South Korea, Spam Chopped Pork and Ham is considered a gourmet delicacy and is often given as a gift.

Hal-9000
02-26-2014, 05:37 PM
spam is wonderful :tup:

Griffin
02-26-2014, 09:52 PM
Agreed...I plan on having a pantry full when the zombie apocalypse arrives.

Hugh_Janus
02-26-2014, 09:58 PM
:puke:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-26-2014, 10:00 PM
Only good for post-apocalyptic eating

Hal-9000
02-26-2014, 11:27 PM
I love scraping the jelly off the top and sides and shoving it down the front of my underwear

deebakes
02-27-2014, 02:57 AM
spam museum is 45 minutes from my house :dance: