PDA

View Full Version : Home alarm worked, so marijuana-growing, gun-owning homeowner headed to prison

Teh One Who Knocks
02-28-2014, 11:51 AM
By John S. Hausman - M Live

MUSKEGON, MI – A home security system led to a more secure home for a Muskegon homeowner, at least for the next three to 12 years.

Marlon Gene Kelley, 53, of Muskegon last week was sentenced to state prison for marijuana-growing and gun crimes uncovered after his home alarm system sent Muskegon police to his house.

Muskegon County 14th Circuit Judge Timothy G. Hicks on Feb. 18 ordered Kelley to the Michigan Department of Corrections for one to 10 years for marijuana manufacture, one year for being a felon in possession of a firearm, and a consecutive two years for possessing a firearm while committing a felony. Kelley was sentenced as a fourth-time habitual offender based on prior felony drug convictions.

According to earlier reports by Muskegon police, the alarm sounded around 4:30 p.m. Oct. 18, 2013. It sent officers to a home in the 1200 block of Fourth Street.

The home was unlocked, police said, so officers went inside and discovered a marijuana grow operation that police said included eight marijuana plants, lights, fertilizer, an exhaust fan, four handguns and one shotgun.

Kelley, the homeowner, eventually arrived at the scene and was arrested. He did not have a medical marijuana card, authorities said.

Muddy
02-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Fool... :lol:

I was aware of a guy that grew mary J for a living.. He had quite the operation.. Well one day while he was out some people rolled in there in a step van and cleaned him out.. Plants, equipment, everything.. You know what the guy said? "I'm glad I wasn't there because I may not be alive now" and "I'm out".. "They made it easy for me to get out of the game"..

Acid Trip
02-28-2014, 04:54 PM
The home was unlocked, police said, so officers went inside and discovered a marijuana grow operation that police said included eight marijuana plants, lights, fertilizer, an exhaust fan, four handguns and one shotgun.

A good lawyer will win this case. Nothing about owning a home alarm allows Police to violate your 4th Amendment rights.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-28-2014, 05:09 PM
A good lawyer will win this case. Nothing about owning a home alarm allows Police to violate your 4th Amendment rights.

Not according to these attorneys:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/if-the-police-answer-a-call-of-a-burglar-alarm-and-1130556.html

PorkChopSandwiches
02-28-2014, 05:23 PM
8 plants!

:hills:

FBD
03-01-2014, 02:51 PM
that's what I said, 8? oh, the humanity, he'll be able to smoke up an entire bedroom unless he's preposterously patient :lol: