PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Airlines jet missing, 239 on board

Godfather
03-08-2014, 05:42 AM
http://i.cbc.ca/1.2564938.1394252860!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/flight.jpg
Associated Press | March 7, 2014 8:28 PM ET

Malaysia Airlines said it had lost contact with a plane carrying 239 people — including two Canadians — on its way from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing and search and rescue teams were trying to locate the aircraft.

The red-eye flight, a Boeing 777-200 operating as Flight MH370, took off at 12:41 a.m. local time Saturday. Air traffic control in Subang, a suburb of Kuala Lumpur, lost contact with the plane almost two hours later, at 2:40 a.m. The airline did not say where the plane was at that time.

According to China’s state news agency, the plane lost communication over Vietnam with air control in Ho Chi Minh City at 1:20 a.m. The radar signal also was lost, Xinhua reported.

“At the moment we have no idea where this aircraft is right now,” Malaysia Airlines vice-president of operations control Fuad Sharuji said on CNN’s AC360.

The flight was expected to land in Beijing at 6:30 a.m. local time Saturday, a 3,700-kilometre trip. China and Malaysia are in the same time zone.

At the time of its disappearance, the plane was carrying about 7.5 hours of fuel, Mr. Sharuji told CNN.

The plane was carrying 227 passengers, including two infants, and 12 crew members, the airline said. It said two were Canadian, but provided no other details.

Passengers are from 13 countries, it said. At least 158 passengers were Chinese, according to Xinhua.

The airline said it was working with authorities who activated their search and rescue team to locate the aircraft. The route would take the aircraft from Malaysia across to Vietnam and China.

“We deeply regret that we have lost all contacts with Flight MH370,” said Ahmad Jauhari Yahya, chief executive officer of Malaysian Airline System.

“Our team is currently calling the next-of-kin of passengers and crew. Focus of the airline is to work with the emergency responders and authorities and mobilize its full support,” Mr. Yahya said in the statement.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with all affected passengers and crew and their family members,” he added.

Malaysia Airlines has 15 Boeing 777-200 jets in its fleet of about 100 planes. The state-owned carrier last month reported its fourth straight quarterly loss.

The 777 had not had a fatal crash in its 20 year history until the Asiana crash in San Francisco in July 2013.

“We’re closely monitoring reports on Malaysia flight MH370,” Chicago-based Boeing said on its Twitter feed. “Our thoughts are with everyone on board.”

Retired American Airlines Capt. Jim Tilmon told CNN’s AC360 that the plane is “about as sophisticated as any commercial airplane could possibly be,” and has an excellent safety record.

He said the route is mostly overland, which means that there would be plenty of antennae, radar and radios to contact the plane.

“I’ve been trying to come up with every scenario that I could just to explain this away, but I haven’t been very successful,” Capt. Tilmon told CNN.

Godfather
03-08-2014, 05:46 AM
This is the flight-radar data from the moment the flight disappeared. http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03-07/17:27/12x/6.97,103.63/6

From my understanding at this time there is no other contact at all regarding any distress or emergency beacons, no mayday. It just simply vanished. It seems incredibly unlikely there was a landing given it's hard to imagine they lose all communications. They have satellite phones, VHF, HF radio, ACARS/CPDLC and other communication device. Even if they managed to land, one of the cellphones must work.

I'm by no means an expert but other than bomb, missile or mid-air collision, it seems like few things could go wrong that wouldn't give the pilots time to radio mayday.

It looks like this plan was however involved in a minor collision that may have damage a wing in 2012. An aviation forum dug this up: http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=147571

RBP
03-08-2014, 05:57 AM
Saw this earlier... that's crazy.

Godfather
03-08-2014, 05:57 AM
Reports now breaking that the flight went down in the sea near the Tho Chu Islands (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th%E1%BB%95_Chu_Islands) of Vietnam.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/mas-aircraft-goes-missing--says-airline-023820132.html

RBP
03-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Stolen European passports on missing plane

MILAN — Foreign ministry officials in Rome and Vienna confirm that names of two nationals listed on the manifest of the missing Malaysian airlines flight match passports reported stolen in Thailand.

Italy’s Foreign Ministry said Saturday that an Italian man whose name was listed as being aboard is traveling in Thailand and was not aboard the plane.

A foreign ministry functionary, who spoke on condition of anonymity, confirmed Italian reports that Luigi Maraldi had reported his passport stolen last August.

Italian news agency ANSA says Maraldi called home after hearing reports that an Italian with his name was aboard the plane.

Austrian Foreign Ministry spokesman Martin Weiss confirmed that a name listed on the manifest matches an Austrian passport reported stolen two years ago in Thailand. Weiss would not confirm the identity.

FBD
03-08-2014, 03:26 PM
who was on board that they wanted dead

PorkChopSandwiches
03-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Wow

Hal-9000
03-08-2014, 06:32 PM
who was on board that they wanted dead

gets my conspiracy antennae up too....bring down a whole plane via 'an accident'

deebakes
03-08-2014, 07:53 PM
:tinfoil:

Griffin
03-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Sounds like Oceanic flight 815 doesn't it.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-09-2014, 02:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PmEBoeJ.jpg

Muddy
03-09-2014, 02:45 PM
Its neat to see how different news outlets report this. GF's story focuses on the 2 Canadians on board.. Our news outlet focuses on the one American..

Hal-9000
03-10-2014, 05:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PmEBoeJ.jpg

:lol:

FBD
03-10-2014, 09:00 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-10/mysterious-iranian-mr-ali-purchased-tickets-stolen-passport-passengers-paid-cash

yes, I'm sure it was just some technical glitch that dropped de plane...

Acid Trip
03-10-2014, 10:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pdyiQgw.jpg

deebakes
03-10-2014, 10:23 PM
where the fuck is this thing? :shock:

Hal-9000
03-10-2014, 10:32 PM
I fully believe that if an entity or government wants someone dead...planes crash, roofs collapse in buildings, 20 people die of food poisoning..

deebakes
03-10-2014, 10:42 PM
:tinfoil:

:lol:

Hal-9000
03-10-2014, 10:43 PM
yes :lol: if I knew the code for that smiley I'd be posting it

deebakes
03-10-2014, 10:44 PM
: tinfoil :

:rofl:

Hal-9000
03-10-2014, 10:47 PM
it's a conspiracy to make me look bad :sad2:

deebakes
03-10-2014, 10:50 PM
no conspiracy :hand:

Hal-9000
03-10-2014, 10:53 PM
I seriously believe that the government manipulates news stories and uses misdirection for secret agendas the public never hears about..

deebakes
03-10-2014, 11:25 PM
it's snowden's fault :nono:

Godfather
03-13-2014, 06:13 AM
Seriously where the hell is this plane... I asked my buddy who is an aviation expert and does consulting for airlines and airports around the world. His professional opinion (via text) to me was:

"Seriously, where the actual fuck is this Malaysian plane. The engine data reveals it could have flown another 5 hours after losing contact. Was it hijacked and taken somewhere for asylum?"

Aliens? Terrorist hijacking or bombing? The Chinese? A meteor? I've head every possibility at this point..

DemonGeminiX
03-13-2014, 07:23 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-a202a-jgUlo/UCU_xrWYLMI/AAAAAAAAAH0/ZkA89zpEUHA/s1600/ancient-aliens-guy-im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2014, 10:43 AM
I guess yesterday the Chinese claimed that they had satellite images showing what could be wreckage from the plane in the South China sea, but now this morning the reports say that there's nothing there. Well, at least it's not parts of the plane there.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2014, 11:13 AM
The Malaysian Insider

Relatives of passengers aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 claimed that they were able to call cell phones of their loves ones, according to media reports.

The Washington Post said that the families of some of the 239 people onboard the missing Boeing 777 claimed to have heard the mobile ringtones.

"In some cases, the relatives could see them active online through a local Chinese networking site called QQ," the Post reported.

The eerie development comes even as Malaysian authorities described MH370's disappearance an unprecedented mystery.

One man told the Washington Post that his brother-in-law's QQ account indicated that he was online.

Frustratingly for those desperate for some news or sign, messages have gone unanswered and calls were not picked up.

Search and rescue (SAR) operation involving 10 countries has so far failed to find any trace of the missing airliner.

Britain's Daily Mail reported that the phantom phone calls and online presence had set off a new level of hysteria among relatives and next-of-kin, most of whom have spent three days cooped up at a Beijing Hotel waiting for news on the missing plane.

MAS officials in Beijing have been told repeatedly about the QQ accounts and ringing telephone calls, and relatives are hoping that SAR forces will be able to triangulate the GPS signals of the phones to locate their loved ones.

Bian Liangwei, sister of one of the passengers aboard MH370, claimed that she was able to reach her elder brother's phone.

"This morning, around 11:40am, I called my older brother's number twice, and I got the ringing tone," she told the International Business Times.

At 2pm, Bian called again and again heard its ring tone.

"If I could get through, the police could locate the position, and there is a chance he could still be alive," she said.

However, at a press conference in Beijing, MAS spokesman Ignatius Ong said one of the numbers provided to the airline's head office in Kuala Lumpur had failed to get through.

"I myself have called the number five times while the airline's command centre also called the number. We got no answering tone," Ong said.

Search for the missing plane has now moved to the Straits of Malacca, some 100 miles away from where it was last recorded by electronic monitoring devices.

The dramatic shift raises the possibility that it flew undetected, crossing mainland Malaysia, before ditching into the sea.

MAS said Malaysia's western coast near the Straits of Malacca was now the focus of the hunt.

Civil aviation chief Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, however, said the statement didn't imply authorities believed the plane was off the western coast.

"The search is on both sides," he said.

The plane was carrying 239 people when it vanished off radar screens early Saturday morning en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur, triggering a massive international search effort.

Authorities have expanded their search to include areas where the plane could have in theory ended up given the amount of fuel it had on board.

On Sunday, Malaysia's air force chief said military radar indicated that the jet might have turned back before disappearing. – March 11, 2014.

Goofy
03-13-2014, 11:26 AM
This is fucked up :wha:

FBD
03-13-2014, 01:46 PM
:tinfoil: :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2014, 01:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hxL2qy0l.jpg

FBD
03-13-2014, 02:29 PM
(but dont expect it from your government or the nightly news)

Lambchop
03-13-2014, 02:43 PM
I keep asking myself, what new policy to invade our privacy will they introduce as a result of this?

FBD
03-13-2014, 02:57 PM
imho not a policy mover. if it was for policy it would have been crashed in a populated place.

FBD
03-13-2014, 08:28 PM
update....too much to repeat, but a good summary of what is currently known.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-13/what-happened-flight-370-analysis-what-known

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2014, 10:54 AM
By CHRIS BRUMMITT and JOAN LOWY - The Associated Press

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — The international search for the missing Malaysian jetliner expanded westward Friday toward the Indian Ocean amid signs the aircraft may have flown on for hours after its last contact with air-traffic control nearly a week ago.

A U.S. official told The Associated Press that the Malaysia Airlines plane sent signals to a satellite for four hours after the aircraft went missing early last Saturday, raising the possibility the jet carrying 239 people could have flown far from the current search areas. It also increased speculation that whatever happened to the plane was a deliberate act.

If the plane had disintegrated during flight or had suffered some other catastrophic failure, all signals — the pings to the satellite, the data messages and the transponder — would be expected to stop at the same time. Experts say a pilot or passengers with technical expertise may have switched off the transponder in the hope of flying undetected.

No theory, however, has been ruled out in one of aviation history's most puzzling mysteries.

The Beijing-bound aircraft last communicated with air traffic base stations east of Malaysia in the South China Sea, which for several days has the main focus of the search. Planes and ships also have been searching the Strait of Malacca west of Malaysia because of a blip on military radar suggested the plane might have turned in that direction after the last confirmed contact.

If the plane flew another four hours, it could be much farther away.

Indian ships and planes have been searching northwest of Malaysia in the eastern Andaman Sea, and on Friday expanded their search to areas west of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands chain Friday, said V.S.R. Murty, an Indian Coast Guard inspector-general.

The White House said the U.S. may be drawn into a new phase of the search in the vast Indian Ocean but did not offer details. The U.S. Navy 7th Fleet said it was moving one of its ships, the USS Kidd, into the Strait of Malacca.

Vietnam, which has been heavily involved in the search from the start, downgraded its hunt in the South China Sea to regular from emergency by reducing the frequency of aircraft flights and cruises by ships involved, said Lt. Gen. Vo Van Tuan, deputy chief of staff of Vietnamese People's Army.

"We are prepared for the case that the search mission will last long and we have to maintain our forces that way," he said.

The U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to discuss the situation by name, said the Boeing 777-200 wasn't transmitting data to the satellite but was sending a signal to establish contact.

Boeing offers a satellite service that can receive a stream of data during flight on how the aircraft is functioning and relay the information to the plane's home base. The idea is to provide information before the plane lands on whether maintenance work or repairs are needed.

Malaysia Airlines didn't subscribe to that service, but the plane still had the capability to connect with the satellite and was automatically sending pings, the official said.

"It's like when your cellphone is off but it still sends out a little 'I'm here' message to the cellphone network," the official said. "That's how sometimes they can triangulate your position even though you're not calling because the phone every so often sends out a little bleep. That's sort of what this thing was doing."

Malaysia's Transport Ministry said Friday it could not various verify reports quoting U.S. officials, but said Malaysian investigators were working closely with a U.S. team that has been in Kuala Lumpur since Sunday. Boeing did not comment.

Messages involving a different, more rudimentary data service also were received from the airliner for a short time after the plane's transponder — a device used to identify the plane to radar — went silent, the U.S. official said.

On Thursday, The Wall Street Journal quoted U.S. investigators as saying they suspected the plane stayed in the air for about four hours after its last confirmed contact, citing engine data automatically transmitted to the ground as part of a routine maintenance program. The newspaper later corrected the account to say the information came from the plane's satellite communication link, not the engines.

Malaysia's acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein dismissed the initial report. He said Boeing and Rolls-Royce, the engine manufacturer, both said the last engine data was received at 1:07 a.m., 23 minutes before the plane's transponders, which identify it to commercial radar and nearby aircraft, stopped working.

Asked if it were possible that the plane kept flying for several hours, Hishammuddin said: "Of course. We can't rule anything out. This is why we have extended the search. We are expanding our search into the Andaman Sea." The sea is northwest of the Malay Peninsula.

Hishammuddin said Malaysia was asking for radar data from India and other neighboring countries to see if they can trace it flying northwest. There was no word Friday that any other country had such details on the plane, and they may not exist.

In Thailand, secondary surveillance radar, which requires a signal from aircraft, runs 24 hours a day, but primary surveillance radar, which requires no signal at all, ordinarily shuts down at night, said a Royal Thai Air Force officer who asked not to be named because he is not authorized to talk to the media on the issue.

Air Marshal Vinod Patni, a retired Indian air force officer and a defense expert, said radar facilities in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands area don't work around the clock, either. "These are generally switched on and off as and when required. A radar may be kept on for 24 hours on certain days. I won't say that the Indian radars are highly sophisticated in the region," he said."

Patni also said there are gaps in the coverage areas, including within the area being searched for the missing plane. He couldn't give an exact location for specific gaps, but said pilots are well aware of them.

The possibility that the plane flew long after its last confirmed contact opens the possibility that one of the pilots, or someone with flying experience, wanted to hijack the plane for some later purpose, kidnap the passengers or commit suicide by plunging the aircraft into the sea.

Mike Glynn, a committee member of the Australian and International Pilots Association, said he considers pilot suicide to be the most likely explanation for the disappearance, as was suspected in a SilkAir crash during a flight from Singapore to Jakarta in 1997 and an EgyptAir flight from Los Angeles to Cairo in 1999.

"A pilot rather than a hijacker is more likely to be able to switch off the communications equipment," Glynn said. "The last thing that I, as a pilot, want is suspicion to fall on the crew, but it's happened twice before."

Glynn said a pilot may have sought to fly the plane into the Indian Ocean to reduce the chances of recovering data recorders, and to conceal the cause of the disaster.

Experts said that if the plane crashed into the ocean, some debris should be floating even if most of the jet is submerged. Past experience shows that finding the wreckage can take weeks or even longer, especially if the location of the plane is in doubt.

Goofy
03-16-2014, 05:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YlB3hMt.jpg

Hal-9000
03-16-2014, 07:34 PM
and you people called me cwazy [-(

FBD
03-19-2014, 01:53 PM
still no release of the cargo manifest...

and why are all the mourners in malaysia holding up signs in english?

20 employees from freescale on board...
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/562572-freescale-semiconductor-20-employees-on-board-missing-malaysia-airlines-plane/
...and some reports of that company being involved in china's stealth projects...

...boeing has anti terrorism take over the plane and land it software:
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/diagrams-boeing-patents-anti-terrorism-auto-land-system-for-hijacked-210869/

Acid Trip
03-19-2014, 02:03 PM
...boeing has anti terrorism take over the plane and land it software:
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/diagrams-boeing-patents-anti-terrorism-auto-land-system-for-hijacked-210869/

From your link...

The “uninterruptible” autopilot would be activated – either by pilots, by onboard sensors, or even remotely via radio or satellite links by government agencies like the Central Intelligence Agency, if terrorists attempt to gain control of a flight deck.

Makes me never want to fly again.

FBD
03-19-2014, 02:13 PM
yeah that is where the "hijack via AWACS" theory came from...

Acid Trip
03-19-2014, 04:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YlB3hMt.jpg

Has anyone confirmed this story? Seems like one hell of a coincidence...

FBD
03-19-2014, 04:53 PM
sum it up,

"Everything the state says is a lie, and everything it has, it has stolen."
— Nietzsche

redred
03-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Courtney Love claims she has 'found' missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370

Courtney Love claims she may have “found” the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, even offering exact co-ordinates as to the aircraft’s location on her Facebook page.

The Hole singer, who admitted she is “no expert” on the subject of missing flight MH370, announced her theory that it may have crashed with an annotated screen grab showing what she believes to be evidence of an oil slick and an aircraft.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/courtney-love-claims-to-have-found-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-9198965.html

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2014, 05:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7UXISPF.jpg

Jezter
03-19-2014, 05:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7UXISPF.jpg

Sums up my thoughts well. It is amazing how it can disappear like this in modern day and age.

Muddy
03-19-2014, 05:36 PM
sum it up,

I borrowed this.. Thanks

FBD
03-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Sums up my thoughts well. It is amazing how it can disappear like this in modern day and age.

unfortunately another thing that kinda supports the hijack via AWACS...those fuggin things have mad jamming capabilities...

Jezter
03-19-2014, 05:53 PM
unfortunately another thing that kinda supports the hijack via AWACS...those fuggin things have mad jamming capabilities...

Yeah, but if it were hijacked, it still should pop up on radars (obviously not on the specific ones meant to follow commercial airliners since the equipment were sabotaged, but rather on all the other types where one just gets raw data of shit going around) and satellites, right? Or at least some debris be found... not every country can be in on this, if this is some sort of crazy conspiracy shit.

Muddy
03-19-2014, 05:59 PM
If the NSA wasn't forced to turn off their listening program we would know exactly where it is... :dance:

Goofy
03-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Courtney Love claims she has 'found' missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370

Between her legs? :-k

FBD
03-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Yeah, but if it were hijacked, it still should pop up on radars (obviously not on the specific ones meant to follow commercial airliners since the equipment were sabotaged, but rather on all the other types where one just gets raw data of shit going around) and satellites, right? Or at least some debris be found... not every country can be in on this, if this is some sort of crazy conspiracy shit.

as I understand only the military radars have the extra capabilities...and half of them around those oceans get shut off at night. so combating unsophisticated radar at off peak times for some of them...

the thing is there were communications, they know the radio etc was shut off purposefully. plane had plenty enough to make it to diego garcia, which was the direction some folks spotted a very very low flying aircraft.

Jezter
03-19-2014, 06:51 PM
as I understand only the military radars have the extra capabilities...and half of them around those oceans get shut off at night. so combating unsophisticated radar at off peak times for some of them...

the thing is there were communications, they know the radio etc was shut off purposefully. plane had plenty enough to make it to diego garcia, which was the direction some folks spotted a very very low flying aircraft.
Yeah, it is all just so weird with this whole thing... someone somewhere is not telling everything, I am sure of that.
Also, some said it could've been on the ground for a bit too. So who knows if the people have been dumped out and the plane re-fueled or something to fly it to where ever. I just hope the plane does not pop out of the abyss by crashing into something full of explosives and terrorist groups sending tapes to major news networks...

FBD
03-19-2014, 08:09 PM
while that's possible I dont think that's going to happen. I think its all about the cargo that they wont tell anyone what it is, and I'll bet that cargo also has something to do with the 20 people from that company and the 4 shareholders of the patent. someone...some group of people, obviously went through a whole hell of a lot of trouble for this.

Griffin
03-19-2014, 09:15 PM
From your link...

The “uninterruptible” autopilot would be activated – either by pilots, by onboard sensors, or even remotely via radio or satellite links by government agencies like the Central Intelligence Agency, if terrorists attempt to gain control of a flight deck.

Makes me never want to fly again.

OHHH!!! Like when Kirk pretends to comply with Khan, but actually transmits a signal using Reliant's prefix code (1-6-3-0-9) that causes Reliant to lower her shields.

Hugh_Janus
03-19-2014, 11:24 PM
something fisdhy is going on with this :-k

redred
03-20-2014, 08:14 AM
looks like the ozzies have found it and sent the americans to have a look http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26659951

update tweet
CCTV News tweets: #US P-8 has arrived in Indian Ocean area; US 7th Fleet spokesperson confirms they have located the debris identified by #Australia. #MH370

FBD
03-20-2014, 12:41 PM
...in several thousand meters of water...guess we should know about that one soon enough

Goofy
03-20-2014, 12:53 PM
I still think it was Nazi zombies :thumbsup:

FBD
03-20-2014, 01:48 PM
However, this report notes, though this aircraft can be controlled remotely, the same cannot be said of its communication systems which can only be shut down manually; and in the case of Flight 370, its data reporting system was shut down at 1:07 a.m., followed by its transponder (which transmits location and altitude) which was shut down at 1:21 a.m.

Critical to note about Flight 370’s flight deviation, GRU experts in this report say, was that it occurred during the same time period that all of the Spratly Island mobile phone communications operated by China Mobile were being jammed.

China Mobile, it should be noted, extended phone coverage in the Spratly Islands in 2011 so that PLA soldiers stationed on the islands, fishermen, and merchant vessels within the area would be able to use mobile services, and can also provide assistance during storms and sea rescues.

Interesting to note, this report says, was that Flight 370 was already under GRU “surveillance” after it received a “highly suspicious” cargo load that had been traced to the Indian Ocean nation Republic of Seychelles, and where it had previously been aboard the US-flagged container ship MV Maersk Alabama. What first aroused GRU suspicions regarding the MV Maersk Alabama, this report continues, was that within 24-hours of off-loading this “highly suspicious” cargo load bound for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, the two highly-trained US Navy SEALS assigned to protect it, Mark Daniel Kennedy, 43, and Jeffrey Keith Reynolds, 44, were found dead under “suspicious circumstances.”

8 Mar 2014 A US technology company which had 20 senior staff on board Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 had just launched a new electronic warfare gadget for military radar systems in the days before the Boeing 777 went missing. Freescale Semiconductor, which makes powerful microchips for industries including defence, released the powerful new products to the American market on March 3. Five days later, Flight MH370 took off from Kuala Lumpur with 239 people on board including 20 working for Freescale. Freescale’s shareholders include the Carlyle Group [!] whose past advisers have included ex-US president George Bush Sr and former British Prime Minister John Major. Carlyle’s previous heavyweight clients include the Saudi Binladin Group, the construction firm owned by the family of Osama bin Laden.

http://greatgameindia.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/mv-maerks-alabama-ex-navy-seals-mh370-mystery.jpg?w=380&h=282

:-k
http://greatgameindia.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/737px-diegogarcia.jpg?w=420&h=341

FBD
03-20-2014, 05:15 PM
The remote area is known as a floating junkyard, so while this could be yet another false lead, it appears to be the only credible lead at this point...
:-k

Noilly Pratt
03-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Here's something plausible:

http://www.hellou.com/2014/03/veteran-pilot-explains-theory-flight-mh370-makes-perfect-sense-3147/

FBD
03-20-2014, 06:36 PM
imho, already enough evidence has been presented to exclude a fire taking out the plane.

Goofy
03-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Here's something plausible:

http://www.hellou.com/2014/03/veteran-pilot-explains-theory-flight-mh370-makes-perfect-sense-3147/

Far too easy and plausible :hand:

Acid Trip
03-20-2014, 07:01 PM
Dead Navy Seals, suspicious cargo, newly patented electronic warfare gadget....shits right out of a Tom Clancy novel!

Goofy
03-20-2014, 07:13 PM
The US Navy hijacked the plane and flew it to their highly-secretive Indian Ocean base located on the Diego Garcia atoll, that's the only plausible explanation i can see :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
03-20-2014, 07:50 PM
they landed it in Lance's secret bunker under the Denver airport

Hal-9000
03-24-2014, 05:02 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/ehnhoi.png

FBD
03-24-2014, 06:46 PM
We have already heard, first hand, how the plane tracks itself in ways that can’t be turned off. Thus, we know the team at Rolls Royce can tell us within 30 yards of where the engines were first turned off yet they have never said a word.

But, there are a few systems that can’t be turned off and one is the engine monitoring systems. The Malaysia airplane, like our 777-200’s, uses Rolls Royce Trent Engines (as a piece of trivia….Rolls Royce names their motors after rivers….because they always keep on running!) Rolls Royce leases these motors to us and they monitor them all the time they are running.

In fact, a few years back, one of our 777’s developed a slow oil leak due and partial equipment failure. It wasn’t bad enough to set off the airplane’s alerting system, but RR was looking at it on their computers. They are in England, they contact our dispatch in (REDACTED), Dispatch sends a message to the crew via SatCom in the North Pacific, telling them that RR wants them to closely monitor oil pressure and temp on the left engine.

The crew did all of that and landed uneventfully, but after landing and during the taxi in, the left engine shut itself down using it’s redundant, computerized operating system that has a logic tree that will not allow it to be shut down if the airplane is in the air…only on the ground. Pretty good tech. Anyway, the point was that RR monitors those engines 100% of the time they are operating

So why the silence, Rolls Royce?

Everyone with the satellite capability?

Lithium batteries on that plane, my ass.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2014, 10:49 AM
By TODD PITMAN and ROB GRIFFITH - The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/uCijQyu.jpg

PERTH, Australia (AP) — Malaysia says a satellite has captured images of 122 objects in the Indian Ocean that might be from the missing plane.

Defense Minister Hishammuddin Hussein says the objects were seen close to where three other satellites previously detected objects.

He said Wednesday the sightings together are "the most credible lead that we have."

Hishammuddin said the images were taken Sunday and were relayed by French-based Airbus Defense and Space.

Hishammuddin says the objects ranged in length from one meter (yard) to 23 meters (25 yards).

Various floating objects have been spotted by planes and satellites, but none has been retrieved or identified.

FBD
03-26-2014, 01:16 PM
If this plane crashed into the sea, where are the 460 pieces of floating seating? Every time I have ever seen the site of a plane crash in the water, there is mad shit floating.

For them to say "we found more shit in a location that's known for shit floating there" doesnt exactly say much.

Muddy
03-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Im with AT.. This smells like Tom Clancy..

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2014, 04:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/k0gUGOO.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
04-07-2014, 10:34 AM
By Gregory Wood - AFP

http://i.imgur.com/eRzCs3v.jpg

Perth (Australia) (AFP) - An Australian navy ship has detected new underwater signals consistent with aircraft black boxes, the search chief said Monday, describing it as the "most promising lead" so far in the month-old hunt for missing Flight MH370.

Retired Australian defence force chief Angus Houston said the acoustics, emanating from deep down in the Indian Ocean, showed that the multinational search by ships and planes seemed to be "very close to where we need to be".

The apparent breakthrough comes as the clock ticks past the 30-day lifespan of the emergency beacon battery fitted to the black box of the Malaysia Airlines jet, which vanished on March 8 with 239 people on board en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

"The towed pinger locator deployed from the Australian defence vessel Ocean Shield has detected signals consistent with those emitted from aircraft black boxes," Houston told a press conference.

"We have not found the aircraft yet, we need further confirmation," he said, while describing the information received over the past 24 hours as "very encouraging".

One of the contacts continued for two hours and 20 minutes with the second lasting for 13 minutes. "On this (second) occasion two distinct ping returns were audible," Houston said.

"Significantly, this would be consistent with transmission from both the flight data recorder and the cockpit voice recorder.

"This is a most promising lead and probably in the search so far it's probably the best information that we have had," the former air chief marshal said.

"We are now in a very well-defined search area which hopefully will eventually lead to the information that we need to say that MH370 might have entered the water just here."

The hunt was adjusted to the southern end of the search zone Sunday after corrected satellite data showed it was more likely the plane entered the water there. The location is thousands of kilometres south of the flight's scheduled route to Beijing.

Malaysian inquiries into the aircraft's disappearance have centred on hijacking, sabotage or psychological problems among passengers or crew, but there is no evidence yet to support any of the theories.

In the absence of confirmed wreckage, the black box or other firm evidence, relatives of those aboard -- who were mostly Chinese -- have endured an agonising wait for information.

- 'Nothing happens fast' -

Houston called on the public to treat the latest information cautiously, given the sensitivities of the families of those presumed lost.

"It could take some days before information is available to establish whether these detections can be confirmed as being from MH370," he added.

"In very deep oceanic water, nothing happens fast."

The Ocean Shield is using a "Towed Pinger Locator" lent by the US Navy. The Australian vessel and Britain's HMS Echo had been scouring separate ends of a 240-kilometre track, converging on each other, when it detected the acoustic noise.

Both ships and their towed-pinger equipment operate at significantly reduced speed to plumb depths of three thousand metres or more.

Houston's Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) said that in total up to nine military planes, three civilian planes and 14 ships were scanning the search zone around 2,000 kilometres (1,250 miles) northwest of Perth.

The latest acoustics were picked up after the Chinese vessel Haixun 01 detected two signals about 300 nautical miles away which officials said were on a frequency used for aircraft flight data and cockpit voice recorders.

Australian authorities have said the Haixun 01 had twice picked up a signal -- once for 90 seconds on Saturday and another more fleeting "ping" on Friday a short distance away.

Houston said Haixun 01 was in waters about 4.5 kilometres (nearly three miles) deep, meaning "any recovery operation is going to be incredibly challenging and very demanding and will take a long period of time" if the plane is found there.

He noted that when Air France Flight 447 plunged into the Atlantic in 2009, it took two years to find the black box on the ocean floor -- long after wreckage was found in the crash's immediate aftermath.

"Essentially this (MH370) has been done without finding any wreckage thus far and I think it's quite extraordinary, and what I would like to see now is us find some wreckage."

Godfather
04-10-2014, 05:50 AM
Not that I spend much time watching it, but I couldn't help be notice CNN seemed to do 5 minutes on the mass stabbing today, then went back to this missing plane. They literally cannot help themselves. Is it too cheap and easy for them to keep going on this to stop? They're like a gambler who is just all in and cannot quit now.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2014, 11:20 AM
By Chris Richards - The Mirror

http://i.imgur.com/xvGVE0c.jpg

A former oil company executive turned author has suggested America could have shot down missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 - and is now trying to cover it up.

Writing on OpEdNews.com, John Chuckman, a former chief economist for a large Canadian oil company, asked: "Could it be that the United States shot down Flight MH370, either accidentally or deliberately, and now wants to keep it secret?

"The possibility of recovery of the full wreckage, even if its location were found, from four miles under the sea amongst underwater mountains is extremely remote at best, so the United States can remain confident that physical evidence will never emerge.

Mr Chuckman, who is originally from Chicago, continued: "There would be nothing unprecedented in such an act: on at least three occasions, regrettably, America's military has shot down civilian airliners.

"I have no idea what event (a rogue pilot, a hijacker?) led to Flight MH370 turning off its communications, changing course, and flying low, but I do know that the event could not have gone unnoticed by America's military-intelligence eyes and ears."

MH370 disappeared while flying between Kuala Lumpur and Beijiing on March 8 with 239 people on board.

A six week search of the Indian Ocean, where experts believe the plane crashed, has yet to yield any trace of the jetliner.

Pony
04-22-2014, 11:33 AM
:FBD:

FBD
04-22-2014, 11:53 AM
most of those shootdowns were accidental. (or I'm sure the gov's story is they were all accidental.) now I view that idea as way too conspiracy-ish, because the facts have a hard time supporting it. hijack remains on the table, but I really dont think there's any way this thing splashed down into the ocean, its not like its easy flat water like the hudson. too much stuff floats. ya need a good 150mph-ish or more to keep that thing in the air, this thing would have splintered into a million pieces landing in open ocean (or more like twisting a million aluminum cans apart simultaneously, which is why people generally dont survive shit like this,) I just dont see there being any way this thing crashes in the ocean without there being a rather large debris field...and I'm fully confident if there was such a wreckage our benevolent eye in the sky would have picked it up.

between that lack of wreckage and the obscure precious unmentionable cargo and squad of engineers working for a company that does chinese stealth shit, once again, the conspiracy becomes the most plausible explanation, the only one that really fits the facts we've got in front of us.

Hal-9000
04-22-2014, 10:58 PM
good pilot could have landed that thing on an island.....or aircraft carrier

:coat:

FBD
04-23-2014, 12:49 PM
:lol: aircraft carrier
I can see the tower chopping a wing off right now :lol:

redred
04-23-2014, 12:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0fqQBEi.jpg

stack that thing as high as the tower and flatten across it you could have a floating landing sight :lol:

Hal-9000
04-23-2014, 08:48 PM
I saw a pilot talking about 'safe water landings'

he said there's no such thing unless the plane is designed with pontoons and struts that accommodate the weight of the aircraft

he added that whenever you see a movie and they land a commercial jetliner in the ocean, it would never survive the impact even if the pilot had the plane completely level and under 200 mph

FBD
05-05-2014, 01:28 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-03/voice-recording-missing-flight-mh370-was-edited

Voice Recording From Missing Flight MH370 Was Edited

but by who, for what, of course, remain a mystery. it appears to be sloppily done, like people dont know how far up you can blow a waveform in an audio editing program and see evidence :lol:

---
from the comments, given this new information, I think this is the most likely scenario.

The pilot has hijacked the plane and negotiated with the Malaysian government in order to force the release of Anwar Ibrahim who has recently been imprisoned again. The Malaysian government has not talked about these negotiations in order to save face.

(unless of course the CIA purposefully made piss poor edits to make it look like a bungling lesser government :lol: or the other conspiracy tack that its a rothschild 'acquisition' of patent rights and at the same time taking out the major players that helped develop it at that chinese company...which sounds more plausible :dance: or is it both since they own the feds anyway...:pewpew: (http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2014/03/rothschild-takes-down-malaysian-airliner-mh370-to-gain-rights-to-a-semiconductor-patent-getting-rid-of-those-who-stood-in-his-way-2607888.html))

FBD
05-05-2014, 01:57 PM
interesting theory
During the American withdrawal from Afghanistan, one of their command and control system used for controlling the drones operation, was hijacked by the Taliban when the American transport convoy was moving down from one of the hill top bases. The Taliban ambushed the convoy and killed 2 American Seal personnel, seized the equipment/weapons, including the command and control system which weighed about 20 tons and packed into 6 crates. This happened about a month ago in Feb 2014. The Taliban want money for the system from the Russian or the Chinese. The Russians are too busy in Ukraine. The Chinese are hungry for the systems technology. The Chinese goal is to master the technology behind the command and control system, then, all the American drones will become useless. So the Chinese sent 8 top defense scientists to check the system and agreed to pay millions for it. Sometime in early Mar 2014, the 8 scientists and the 6 crates made their way to Malaysia, thinking that it was the best covert way to avoid detection. The cargo was then kept in the Embassy under diplomatic protection. Meanwhile, American covert intelligence, with the assistance of Israeli intelligence together, determined to intercept and recapture the cargo. The Chinese calculated that it will be safe to transport it via civilian aircraft so as to avoid suspicion. After all, the direct flight from KL to Beijing takes only 4 and half hours, and the American military will not hijack or harm civilian commercial aircraft, so MH 370 is the perfect carrier. There were 5 American and Israeli agents onboard who are familiar with Boeing operation. The 2 Iranians with stolen passports worked in tandem among them. When MH 370 was about to leave the Malaysian air space and reporting to Vietnamese air control, an American AWAC jammed their signal, disabled the pilot control system and switched over to remote control mode. That was when the plane suddenly lost altitude momentarily. During AWAC operations activity in the 911 incident, all Boeing aircraft and Airbus aircraft are installed with remote control system to counter terrorist hijacking. Since then all Boeing commercial aircraft could be remote controlled by FAA /ATC ground control towers. The same remote control system used to control the pilot less spy aircraft and drones. The 5 American/Israeli agents soon took over the plane, switched off the transponder and other communication systems, changed course, and flew westwards. They dare not fly east to Philippines or Guam because the whole South China Sea air space was covered by Chinese surveillance radar and satellite. The Malaysian, Thai, and Indian military radars actually detected the unidentified aircraft but did not react. The plane flew over North Sumatra, Anabas, South India and then landed at Maldives some villagers saw the aircraft landing), refueled and continued its flight to Garcia Diego, the American Air Base in the middle of Indian Ocean. The cargo and the black box were removed. The passengers were silenced via natural means, lack of oxygen by achieving a temporary altitude to 45,000. The MH370 with dead passengers were air borne again via remote control and crashed into South Indian Ocean, make it to believe that the plane eventually ran out of fuel and crashed, and blame the defiant captain and copilot, but first diverting all the attention and search effort in the South China Sea, while the plane made their way to Indian Ocean. Then they came out with some conflicting statement and evidence to confuse the world. The Australians are diversion distracter. The amount of effort put up by China, in terms of the number of search aircraft, ships and satellites, searching first the South China Sea, then the Malacca Straits and the Indian Ocean is unprecedented. This showed that the China is very concerned, not so much because of the many Chinese civilian passengers, but mainly the high value cargo and its 8 top defense scientists.

aint no different than watchin tv :lol:

Hal-9000
05-05-2014, 10:01 PM
I'm going with the early conspiracy theory...4 out of 5 patent holders on that flight...

if a guy or company stands to be the sole holder of a billion dollar patent, killing a couple of hundred people is not out of the realm of possibilities

KevinD
05-05-2014, 11:38 PM
Seems I need to brush up on my conspiracy site. Lol

Godfather
05-06-2014, 02:43 AM
I saw a pilot talking about 'safe water landings'

he said there's no such thing unless the plane is designed with pontoons and struts that accommodate the weight of the aircraft

he added that whenever you see a movie and they land a commercial jetliner in the ocean, it would never survive the impact even if the pilot had the plane completely level and under 200 mph

Well that's just not true, Captain Sully Sullenberger would beg to differ! The guy landed an Airbus in a river without a single casualty just a couple years back.

If we're placing bets, I'm still going with whoever said it's probably the simplest explanation. Cabin fire from a mechanical/electrical malfunction where they had to shut off the breakers one by one, couldn't bring it back under control and went splat into the giant Indian Ocean. Could take years to find it.

Muddy
05-06-2014, 02:55 AM
Sully is the man..!

FBD
05-06-2014, 02:50 PM
still lots of cargo mystery. supposedly there were all these li+ batteries, but only about 200kg...what about the other unspecified 2000kg?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-05/latest-flight-mh-370-shocker-two-ton-cargo-mystery

sully....what sully did was an amazing feat on flat water. with a significantly smaller aircraft, iirc. rough ocean? fuhgeddaboutit.

FBD
05-20-2014, 02:23 PM
from the former PM of malaysia

http://chedet.cc/?p=1361#more-1361

BOEING TECHNOLOGY – WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN
May18th2014

1. What goes up must come down. Airplanes can go up and stay up for long periods of time. But even they must come down eventually. They can land safely or they may crash. But airplanes don’t just disappear. Certainly not these days with all the powerful communication systems, radio and satellite tracking and filmless cameras which operate almost indefinitely and possess huge storage capacities.

2. I wrote about the disabling of MH370’s communication system as well as the signals for GPS. The system must have been disabled or else the ground station could have called the plane. The GPS too must have been disabled or else the flight of MH370 would have been tracked by satellites which normally provide data on all commercial flights, inclusive of data on location, kind of aircraft, flight number, departure airport and destination. But the data seems unavailable. The plane just disappeared seemingly from all screens.

3. MH370 is a Boeing 777 aircraft. It was built and equipped by Boeing. All the communications and GPS equipment must have been installed by Boeing. If they failed or have been disabled Boeing must know how it can be done. Surely Boeing would ensure that they cannot be easily disabled as they are vital to the safety and operation of the plane.

4. A search on the Internet reveals that Boeing in 2006 received a US patent for a system that, once activated, removes all control from pilots to automatically return a commercial airliner to a pre-determined landing location.

5. The Flightglobal.com article by John Croft, datelined Washington DC (1st December, 2006) further mentioned “The ‘uninterruptible’ autopilot would be activated – either by pilot, by on board sensors, or even remotely by radio or satellite links by government agencies like the Central Intelligence Agency, if terrorists attempt to gain control of the flight deck”.

6. Clearly Boeing and certain agencies have the capacity to take over “uninterruptible control” of commercial airliners of which MH370 B777 is one.

7. Can it not be that the pilot of MH370 lost control of their aircraft after someone directly or remotely activated the equipment for seizure of control of the aircraft.

8. It is a waste of time and money to look for debris or oil slick or to listen for “pings” from the black box. This is most likely not an ordinary crash after fuel was exhausted. The plane is somewhere, maybe without MAS markings.

9. Boeing should explain about this so-called anti-terrorism auto-land system. I cannot imagine the pilots made a soft-landing in rough seas and then quietly drown with the aircraft.

10. Someone is hiding something. It is not fair that MAS and Malaysia should take the blame.

11. For some reason the media will not print anything that involves Boeing or the CIA. I hope my readers will read this.

Hal-9000
05-20-2014, 05:18 PM
Well that's just not true, Captain Sully Sullenberger would beg to differ! The guy landed an Airbus in a river without a single casualty just a couple years back.

If we're placing bets, I'm still going with whoever said it's probably the simplest explanation. Cabin fire from a mechanical/electrical malfunction where they had to shut off the breakers one by one, couldn't bring it back under control and went splat into the giant Indian Ocean. Could take years to find it.

did he drop the aircraft from 40000 feet into the ocean?

noooo, he didn't. Just going by what pilots have mentioned about ditching planes into the ocean, not my opinion..

Goofy
05-20-2014, 05:25 PM
I skimmed a stone halfway across the river Tay once :thumbsup: