PDA

View Full Version : McDaniel College probes ‘CMT vs. BET’ event

RBP
03-08-2014, 12:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oghnS02.jpg

WESTMINSTER, Md. — McDaniel College in Westminster says it’s investigating a “CMT versus BET” party thrown by sorority and fraternity members wearing outfits inspired by Country Music Television and Black Entertainment Television.

Vice President for Student Affairs Beth Gerl said in a statement Wednesday that “any event that promotes negative stereotypes or disrespect of others is reprehensible.”

Spokeswoman Cheryl Knauer says the college didn’t approve the event held off campus in January. She says the college learned of the party in early February and launched an investigation along with the national headquarters of the Phi Sigma Sigma sorority and the Phi Delta Theta fraternity.

The McDaniel Free Press student newspaper reported Wednesday that the women wore cutoff shorts, plaid shirts and boots, while the men wore baggy clothing, chains and backward baseball caps.

RBP
03-08-2014, 12:22 PM
People need to lighten up. This PC crap is out of control.

Muddy
03-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Id love to see more pictures.

deebakes
03-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Spokeswoman Cheryl Knauer says the college didn’t approve the event held off campus in January.

key word for me here is "off campus", so what do they have to do with any condemnation of these activities? seems like they are reaching out to just get attention :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-08-2014, 06:04 PM
People need to :stfu:

Muddy
03-08-2014, 06:12 PM
key word for me here is "off campus", so what do they have to do with any condemnation of these activities? seems like they are reaching out to just get attention :shrug:

Exactly.. "Off Campus" means 'go fuck yourself'!

RBP
03-08-2014, 09:04 PM
I think the issue is the Greek system affiliation with the school. To receive their charter and recognition they operate under the university's guidelines. It's off campus but still university governed.

DemonGeminiX
03-09-2014, 04:55 PM
I should have joined a frat when I was in college.