PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey judge blocks dad from delivery room, cites woman’s right to privacy

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2014, 03:07 PM
The Associated Press

Women in New Jersey can block a baby's father from the delivery room.

A state judge, citing a woman's right to privacy, ruled that mothers can decide who will be with them when giving birth.

In an opinion released Monday, the judge cited privacy rights outlined in two federal abortion cases.

The case was argued over the telephone last year in Passaic County while Rebecca DeLuccia went into labor and delivered a girl. Her estranged fiance, Steven Plotnick, wanted access to the baby at birth.

Plotnick's attorney, Laura Nunnink, tells The Star-Ledger of Newark it was important to her client to bond with the baby.

DeLuccia's lawyer, Joanna Brick, says DeLuccia allowed Plotnick to visit, and his lawyer says he saw the child.

Muddy
03-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Sounds reasonable to me...? If they are estranged, fuck him..! :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2014, 03:46 PM
I saw the title and thought "Jesus, what's the point of being married anymore?", then I saw the word "estranged" and my thoughts changed. I thought, "Oh, well in that case..."

:lol:

Muddy
03-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Yeah, "estranged" means you cant watch my naked pussy contract for hours while the nurses finger me and I finally shit out a baby in the most intimate exposed time of my life.. :lol:

FBD
03-12-2014, 04:23 PM
:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Yeah, "estranged" means you cant watch my naked pussy contract for hours while the nurses finger me and I finally shit out a baby in the most intimate exposed time of my life.. :lol:

Thats the most beautiful definition of child birth I have ever read, you should write a book

Muddy
03-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Thats the most beautiful definition of child birth I have ever read, you should write a book

:excellent:

Goofy
03-12-2014, 05:43 PM

Ah, ye olde Muddy/Porky double-team :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Just to play devil's advocate here, sure they are estranged, but she wouldn't be having THAT kid without the father having contributed. And since they were married and obviously screwed, it isn't anything he hadn't seen before.

I almost guarantee if the roles were reversed (even though biologically it's impossible), they would have ruled the exact opposite way.

Muddy
03-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Just to play devil's advocate here, sure they are estranged, but she wouldn't be having THAT kid without the father having contributed. And since they were married and obviously screwed, it isn't anything he hadn't seen before.

I almost guarantee if the roles were reversed (even though biologically it's impossible), they would have ruled the exact opposite way.

Just like in a case of abortion, at the end of the day it's her body. No soup for you!

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Just like in a case of abortion, at the end of the day it's her body. No soup for you!

Only because the family court system is unfairly biased against men.

Muddy
03-12-2014, 06:43 PM
:rbp:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Joke about it if you want, but on this matter it's the truth.

Muddy
03-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I don't buy that argument because I think women proportionately (on both a national and intl. scale) arent treated as equals to men in many more areas of life.. To cry foul in this case is just cherry picking. But really we'll just agree to disagree here because I don't want to go down this road and draw rainbow out of the gallows and have to deal with his ass.. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2014, 07:00 PM
You gotta figure... if they weren't estranged, the woman would in fact want her husband/fiancé/partner to be in there with her. Generally speaking, the majority of women are kind of wired that way.

Hal-9000
03-12-2014, 08:26 PM

:rofl: all class..

Hal-9000
03-12-2014, 08:27 PM
I believe that the person calving the baby does have the right to restrict people in the delivery room...estranged or not

Muddy
03-12-2014, 08:55 PM
"calving" class indeed.. :lol:

Hal-9000
03-12-2014, 09:45 PM
:dance: rollin with the flo, bro