PDA

View Full Version : Police Officer Under Investigation For Facebook Comment About Gun Confiscation

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2014, 11:56 AM
By Jonathan Wolfe - Opposing Views

A Connecticut police officer is at the heart of an internal investigation by the Branford Police Department after a series of comments he made on Facebook.

Officer Joseph Peterson was found telling a man he couldn’t wait to “bang down your door and come for your gun.”

Peterson’s comment was directed at a man named Cameron Smith. The two men were discussing Connecticut’s new law that essentially turns gun owners with semi-automatic rifles into felons if they fail to register their guns.

Smith first provoked Peterson with this comment:

“Just so everyone is clear. POLICE OFFICER Joseph Peterson would round up jews and put them in ghettos, if the government told him to. Just let that sink in. He is the EXACT reason we have the 2nd Amendment.”

In response, Peterson wrote, “I give my left nut to bang down your door and come for your gun…you idiot grow up.”

Here is the exchange:

http://i.imgur.com/ri4zRDx.jpg

Peterson’s comments made their way across the Internet and were brought to the attention of the Branford Police Department. Police Captain Geoffrey Morgan said Peterson has been on workers' compensation leave since before his comments were made.

“We want people to know he is off the street,” Morgan said. The police captain added that “at a minimum” he doesn’t expect Peterson to be back any time soon. The Branford Police Department is currently conducting an internal investigation.

“We pride ourselves on being completely transparent,” Morgan said. “That’s how we do things here.”

FBD
03-13-2014, 01:47 PM
there's a lot of good looking chicks in branford

(figured I'd post info you guys would care about :thumbsup: :lol: )

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Is there a Gestapo headquarters there too? :-k

FBD
03-13-2014, 02:19 PM
with New Haven right next door...I'm pretty sure the Gestapo HQ there is big enough for most of the county. :tup: