PDA

View Full Version : Post what you are thinking at this very moment

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221

FBD
02-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Berfore any liberals get too worked up about Elizabeth WArren "going after the banks"....

Elizabeth Warren Opposes "Congressional Meddling" 'Audit The Fed' Bill (http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-10/warren-opposes-congressional-meddling-audit-fed-bill)

I love these bits of old verbiage:

regarding "federal reserve notes"
"They shall be redeemed in lawful money on demand at the Treasury Department of the United States, in the city of Washington, District of Columbia, or at any Federal Reserve bank. "

an entire fabrication that people treat as "lawful money" these days and dont quite see that lawful is whatever they decide it means, nothing more, and nothing less.

but of course, lawful money really means gold and silver

which is the reason why they had to stop the ability for anyone to redeem them, because they printed far, far, far more fiat than existed "lawful money" by which to back it.

FBD
02-11-2015, 04:20 PM
"Ignorance is unfortunate, but believing in lies is dangerous"

PorkChopSandwiches
02-11-2015, 04:45 PM
In March of this year, I will have lived for 1,577,836,800 seconds.

:-k

It would depend what time on that day :slap:

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 05:12 PM
going to try and quit smoking...35 year habit....been reading about some of the physical effects and how long they last...oooh boy, sounds like lots of fun :|

PorkChopSandwiches
02-11-2015, 05:14 PM
:tup: Good luck

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 05:17 PM
attempt starts when I'm 1,577,836,800 seconds old...so I still have a month to stress on it

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2015, 05:19 PM
going to try and quit smoking...35 year habit....been reading about some of the physical effects and how long they last...oooh boy, sounds like lots of fun :|

You can do it :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
02-11-2015, 05:23 PM

You'll be fine. Just remember to remain patient and calm and not to take it out on anyone else. It's not their fault.

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 05:26 PM
You can do it :thumbsup:

Was reading a blog that started in 2007 and is still going. All smokers trying to quit and they compare some of the well known smoking fallacies...after 3 days the physical toxins are gone, cravings only last 5 minutes then go away, it's more mental than physical.

Every person says the above is complete bullshit...expect a month of not sleeping, constant anxiety, depression, dizziness, insomnia, the cravings last all day when you're awake...

and then I read what nicotine and the other chemicals have actually done to your brain and body chemistry...oooh boy those tobacco scientists really know how do a number on your body...fuckers

DemonGeminiX
02-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Was reading a blog that started in 2007 and is still going. All smokers trying to quit and they compare some of the well known smoking fallacies...after 3 days the physical toxins are gone, cravings only last 5 minutes then go away, it's more mental than physical.

Every person says the above is complete bullshit...expect a month of not sleeping, constant anxiety, depression, dizziness, insomnia, the cravings last all day when you're awake...

and then I read what nicotine and the other chemicals have actually done to your brain and body chemistry...oooh boy those tobacco scientists really know how do a number on your body...fuckers

When I quit, the harsher withdrawal symptoms started on day 2, got worse on day 3 or 4 and were over after around 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. They were bad and I was a completely ruthless dick during that time. That's just how bad it was. After that, I had a lingering disconnected feeling that took a while to go away. It goes away little by little over time.

I quit in 2006 and I still get a craving every once in a while, but it's not a massively intense crushing thing like it will be for you in the first week. It's like a ghost feeling that's really easy to dismiss. Kind of like a blink and it's gone thing.

Eventually, you're gonna smell other smokers, and you'll find out how bad they stink and how bad you used to stink.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-11-2015, 05:44 PM
Eventually, you're gonna smell other smokers, and you'll find out how bad they stink and how bad you used to stink.

:tup:

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 06:04 PM
When I quit, the harsher withdrawal symptoms started on day 2, got worse on day 3 or 4 and were over after around 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. They were bad and I was a completely ruthless dick during that time. That's just how bad it was. After that, I had a lingering disconnected feeling that took a while to go away. It goes away little by little over time.

I quit in 2006 and I still get a craving every once in a while, but it's not a massively intense crushing thing like it will be for you in the first week. It's like a ghost feeling that's really easy to dismiss. Kind of like a blink and it's gone thing.

Appreciate the honestly :thumbsup:...yeah I read day one is actually easier and the ensuing days/couple of weeks are physical hell. That's my worry. I'm a type A smoker that needs the drug, not something to do with my hands or putting things in mouth. Quite the opposite in fact. Always hated the boat anchor feeling of having to stop doing something and light up. Not to mention always having to have a pack of smokes no matter where I go...

I have an unusually good sense of taste and smell for a heavy smoker, am looking forward to that improving 100x...I don't cough much or feel winded like other smokers (is a miracle) complain about, so I imagine the extra energy/anxiety is going to be like a ride at a carnival for me :lol: Get ready for about 18000 new threads. I won't be doing a day by day diary here, we all have our own demons to fight.

I remember my Dad when he quit. He got very sick the first few months, quite a few throat infections. "I was healthier when I was a smoker ffs!!!" :x I don't want to go through that, but one of the things I planned for when I quit my job was to try this. Take advantage of the time alone and not have any 'stress' excuses to make me go back to puffing on the weeds.

DemonGeminiX
02-11-2015, 06:23 PM
I never got sick after I quit. Just the nasty withdrawal symptoms like I described. When I was a smoker, I would get a terrible bout of bronchitis every year in March. Always in the 2nd week of March. You could set a watch to it. It stopped after I quit.

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 06:26 PM
I never got sick after I quit. Just the nasty withdrawal symptoms like I described. When I was a smoker, I would get a terrible bout of bronchitis every year in March. Always in the 2nd week of March. You could set a watch to it. It stopped after I quit.

When you read about what actually happens to your brain receptors and physical brain chemistry after smoking for decades...and how the tobacco industry has upped their game so to speak regarding the science of addiction...it's no wonder the withdrawal has been considered stronger than heroin or crack. And also no wonder people get depressed or disconnected as you mention when going through it.

redred
02-11-2015, 06:30 PM
do i need a raspberry pi 2 , had the first one but didn't get on well with it due to it feeling slow

DemonGeminiX
02-11-2015, 06:52 PM
When you read about what actually happens to your brain receptors and physical brain chemistry after smoking for decades...and how the tobacco industry has upped their game so to speak regarding the science of addiction...it's no wonder the withdrawal has been considered stronger than heroin or crack. And also no wonder people get depressed or disconnected as you mention when going through it.

Well, you've gotta figure, what else does the tobacco industry have? I'm not trying to be an apologist by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not like their business model involves expansion into other industries. Of course, they would defend it using any means necessary. Their existence is at stake.

The brain composition thing is scary as hell. If I had known that before I started smoking, I never ever ever would have ever started at all.

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Well, you've gotta figure, what else does the tobacco industry have? I'm not trying to be an apologist by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not like their business model involves expansion into other industries. Of course, they would defend it using any means necessary. Their existence is at stake.

The brain composition thing is scary as hell. If I had known that before I started smoking, I never ever ever would have ever started at all.

I read something about how they recruit scientists/biologists...literally make offers they can't refuse in terms of $...and then sign them for life. Yes when your company makes 10 billion in a calendar year, they will leave no stone unturned when trying to 'improve' their product :|

and I agree...if I had known about how deep down the rabbit hole the art of addiction went, I would have been more scared at the outset of that stupid habit.

FBD
02-11-2015, 07:00 PM

odd thing is the only thing I was ever really addicted to was the habituated act itself, and the attendant thought musings. I've smoked 3 or 4 times in life....like 3 or 4 chunks of life, some years, and eventually, each time I had just stopped buying them, and then refused to buy more. smoked em if I had em and smoked em till they were gone, but once they were gone, the hard and fast rule of you cant buy anymore did it decently well.

the big key to breaking a habit....was just telling another buddy of mine this recently as he is trying to quit his own stuff....the big key is recognizing when the old habit energy arises. seize that energy and do something with it - take that old habit energy and establish a new habit energy. each time you perceive the old habit energy beginning to raise, immediately route to your new habit, take all of the arising habit energy and redirect it!

the nature of energy is transformation - so that's why it is doubly tough to kill a habit without having something else take its place, because energy does not like to stagnate.

good luck homey, buy your last pack and then just dont buy no mo' :tup:

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 07:01 PM
really appreciate the honesty DGX...I'm scared of failure for a lot of reasons...but hearing about the darker side actually helps :thumbsup: Some of idiocy being printed as 'fact' really pisses me off. Like the smoker on this forum who was 22, had smoked off and on for about 6 years and then teased everyone else there about quitting, because she had no problem after the first week..

I read that the tobacco industry has constantly changed the recipe and smoking now is different than smoking even 10 or 20 years ago because of the new chemical agents they put in cigarettes. And one science guy in the industry actually fessed up and said that someone who smokes for 10 years is different than someone who smokes for 30 years....every additional day, every additional cigarette adds to the withdrawal (well duhhh, but nice to see it in print)

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2015, 07:01 PM
I'm hungry

FBD
02-11-2015, 07:02 PM
I read something about how they recruit scientists/biologists...literally make offers they can't refuse in terms of $...and then sign them for life. Yes when your company makes 10 billion in a calendar year, they will leave no stone unturned when trying to 'improve' their product :|

and I agree...if I had known about how deep down the rabbit hole the art of addiction went, I would have been more scared at the outset of that stupid habit.
I somehow innately knew that about my personality, too easy....that's why I never touched anything harder than alcohol or weed. (at least not knowingly, usually people will think you're full of shit if you tell them you accidentally smoked some coke once before you knew what a 'snowcap' was and thought you were getting passed a weed pipe, BLEH why does this taste like plastic! and then one or two of 'em laughed. oooh, that's what it means. ok, I'm all set on this!

FBD
02-11-2015, 07:03 PM
really appreciate the honesty DGX...I'm scared of failure for a lot of reasons...but hearing about the darker side actually helps :thumbsup: Some of idiocy being printed as 'fact' really pisses me off. Like the smoker on this forum who was 22, had smoked off and on for about 6 years and then teased everyone else there about quitting, because she had no problem after the first week..

I read that the tobacco industry has constantly changed the recipe and smoking now is different than smoking even 10 or 20 years ago because of the new chemical agents they put in cigarettes. And one science guy in the industry actually fessed up and said that someone who smokes for 10 years is different than someone who smokes for 30 years....every additional day, every additional cigarette adds to the withdrawal (well duhhh, but nice to see it in print)

last time I smoked it was only american spirit organic ones, it was actual real tobacco without a million chemicals on it

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 07:08 PM
odd thing is the only thing I was ever really addicted to was the habituated act itself, and the attendant thought musings. I've smoked 3 or 4 times in life....like 3 or 4 chunks of life, some years, and eventually, each time I had just stopped buying them, and then refused to buy more. smoked em if I had em and smoked em till they were gone, but once they were gone, the hard and fast rule of you cant buy anymore did it decently well.

the big key to breaking a habit....was just telling another buddy of mine this recently as he is trying to quit his own stuff....the big key is recognizing when the old habit energy arises. seize that energy and do something with it - take that old habit energy and establish a new habit energy. each time you perceive the old habit energy beginning to raise, immediately route to your new habit, take all of the arising habit energy and redirect it!

the nature of energy is transformation - so that's why it is doubly tough to kill a habit without having something else take its place, because energy does not like to stagnate.

good luck homey, buy your last pack and then just dont buy no mo' :tup:

One of the urban legends is that the cravings will last only 5 or 10 minutes at a time, then back off if you can get past it. Most honest reports by smokers trying to quit say that is total hogwash :lol: More like a constant craving all day long with about 5 minutes of not thinking about it. (these are heavy, daily smokers for decades)

I do look forward to what you mention though FBD....when that feeling hits strong, try to focus the energy on doing something else. Like chopping wood with my hands :lol:

Not looking forward to constant anxiety and not sleeping....I already have insomnia issues (and they are bad..) and I suspect part of those old not sleeping issues are from nicotine in the first place.

appreciated mang :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 07:10 PM
I'm hungry

kill some live game, light a fire and cook something then :x

:slap:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-11-2015, 07:14 PM
kill some live game, light a fire and cook something then :x

:-s

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 07:18 PM
made you think about it :lol:

we used to have rabbits, deer, coyotes walk by our old shop every week...

FBD
02-11-2015, 07:28 PM
One of the urban legends is that the cravings will last only 5 or 10 minutes at a time, then back off if you can get past it. Most honest reports by smokers trying to quit say that is total hogwash :lol: More like a constant craving all day long with about 5 minutes of not thinking about it. (these are heavy, daily smokers for decades)

I do look forward to what you mention though FBD....when that feeling hits strong, try to focus the energy on doing something else. Like chopping wood with my hands :lol:

Not looking forward to constant anxiety and not sleeping....I already have insomnia issues (and they are bad..) and I suspect part of those old not sleeping issues are from nicotine in the first place.

appreciated mang :thumbsup:
"if you can get past it"

"getting past it" also involves cessation of thinking about it :tup: if you keep thinking about it, bloody hell you're in for a bad time.

the not sleeping....for me, always meditative breath and paying attention to that....done repeatedly until consciousness is no more. the more you think the more you're going to stay up. focusing on physical movement prevents thought, although thought-stream-energy will still seep up and find its way out (at least before a certain level of refinement... I've been at points where the potential at the midbrain is strong enough to arrest thought-stream-energy before it manifests. strange. can feel it move almost as if thought would happen, but I increase the brightness of the light turning around, and the potential is taken over by the light technique. but that only came after quite a while of training, and is not very efficient right now because it is a practice dynamic, and my practice dynamic is relatively shitty right now.)

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 07:38 PM
"if you can get past it"

"getting past it" also involves cessation of thinking about it :tup: if you keep thinking about it, bloody hell you're in for a bad time.

the not sleeping....for me, always meditative breath and paying attention to that....done repeatedly until consciousness is no more. the more you think the more you're going to stay up. focusing on physical movement prevents thought, although thought-stream-energy will still seep up and find its way out (at least before a certain level of refinement... I've been at points where the potential at the midbrain is strong enough to arrest thought-stream-energy before it manifests. strange. can feel it move almost as if thought would happen, but I increase the brightness of the light turning around, and the potential is taken over by the light technique. but that only came after quite a while of training, and is not very efficient right now because it is a practice dynamic, and my practice dynamic is relatively shitty right now.)

I believe very strongly in the physical effects of agents on the body....just 'not thinking about it' is good advice, but also a fallacy when it comes to nicotine addiction. That shit still affects your body for months after quitting. As recent science indicates, the physical components of smoking are being revealed to last longer than previously thought, and the mental addiction is being looked at as false, because the physical agents are still affecting change (in long term smokers...who smoke real cigarettes with all 147 chemicals :lol: )

FBD
02-11-2015, 08:22 PM
I understand, but dont discount the mental aspect, it is every bit as powerful if not moreso :tup:

in other news, FUCK............
went into my attic to smoke some weed and I hear water dripping. looked over by where the roof meets and wet, drip, drip driup.....son of a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Hal-9000
02-11-2015, 08:23 PM
I hate it when life things ruin weed breaks :|

FBD
02-11-2015, 08:40 PM
its like :facepalm: no ice and water? you cheap fucks....but then again, looking at how far those damned 2x6s are, yeah, I can see that ol cheapass frenchman having done it barebones as possible :willie:

Goofy
02-11-2015, 08:42 PM

Appreciate the honestly :thumbsup:...yeah I read day one is actually easier and the ensuing days/couple of weeks are physical hell. That's my worry. I'm a type A smoker that needs the drug, not something to do with my hands or putting things in mouth. Quite the opposite in fact. Always hated the boat anchor feeling of having to stop doing something and light up. Not to mention always having to have a pack of smokes no matter where I go...

I have an unusually good sense of taste and smell for a heavy smoker, am looking forward to that improving 100x...I don't cough much or feel winded like other smokers (is a miracle) complain about, so I imagine the extra energy/anxiety is going to be like a ride at a carnival for me :lol: Get ready for about 18000 new threads. I won't be doing a day by day diary here, we all have our own demons to fight.

I remember my Dad when he quit. He got very sick the first few months, quite a few throat infections. "I was healthier when I was a smoker ffs!!!" :x I don't want to go through that, but one of the things I planned for when I quit my job was to try this. Take advantage of the time alone and not have any 'stress' excuses to make me go back to puffing on the weeds.

Have you thought about trying e-cigs mate? My dad was a 40 a day smoker for 45-50 years, gave up about a year and a half ago using e-cigs! He still puffs on it quite often but it's a lot better than a real cig........ i was kinda shocked he managed it tbh, he's tried to quit unsuccessfully about 1876287562875278268276872678 times previously :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-11-2015, 08:44 PM

It is total hogwash. Maybe I haven't conveyed the severity of the withdrawal symptoms I went through, but the first 3 weeks were hell. It's a constant craving. You feel it in every inch of your skin, in the strands of your muscles and sinews. You'll feel weaker. And fake. I remember I felt like I was in somebody else's body. Uncomfortable constantly. My teeth felt fake. And it will feel like time slows to a crawl. I'd look at a clock and say, "I'll be ok if I can last 20 minutes". I wouldn't look at a clock again for what felt like 2 hours, and then when I did look again, feeling like I killed it, only 2 minutes had past. It won't make you suicidal, but you'll definitely be irritable and agitated. Not shaky, like crack addicts are portrayed as, but you'll feel it. From what I was told, I wasn't very fun to be around. In fact, I was told that I was a complete dick and I'd snap at every little thing.

If you don't want to think about it, you'll need something to lean on. I played my guitar constantly. I focused on every aspect of timing and technique. After several weeks of withdrawal, I had become faster and more accurate than I had been in years.

You'll sleep. What I went through wiped me out. I slept more than average until everything evened out. If you need to, burn some calories. Just do something physically taxing, something that'll make you sweat. Wear yourself out.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-11-2015, 08:45 PM
went into my attic to smoke some weed and I hear water dripping. looked over by where the roof meets and wet, drip, drip driup.....son of a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Dont you live alone, no need to hide in the attic

FBD
02-11-2015, 08:47 PM
damn man, that's some crazy shit, how much were you smoking when you quit? I dont think I ever went over 12, 14 a day really. How does one find that much time to smoke, unless you are working and smoking at the same time :lol:

FBD
02-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Dont you live alone, no need to hide in the attic

:lol: well, I decided I wanted a little change of scenery from my normal smokatorium back office :lol: my work office is north side, smoke office south side, and on the east I have a great view of this mountain (lol, hill) range that goes up central CT, so sitting by the windows there above my kitchen I have a really nice view, I'll snap a pic sometime. I got the best view on the street and when the sun goes down the whole chain of mountains and cliffs gets all orange, its beaut :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-11-2015, 08:53 PM
:lol: well, I decided I wanted a little change of scenery from my normal smokatorium back office :lol: my work office is north side, smoke office south side, and on the east I have a great view of this mountain (lol, hill) range that goes up central CT, so sitting by the windows there above my kitchen I have a really nice view, I'll snap a pic sometime. I got the best view on the street and when the sun goes down the whole chain of mountains and cliffs gets all orange, its beaut :tup:

Do that, I used to live out there, cant say I miss the winter :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-11-2015, 08:56 PM
damn man, that's some crazy shit, how much were you smoking when you quit? I dont think I ever went over 12, 14 a day really. How does one find that much time to smoke, unless you are working and smoking at the same time :lol:

I averaged a pack a day. Some days, I caught myself smoking 2 packs full on. I was smoking around the time when I was still bar hopping and I was really bad when I was at a bar or club.

You know what they say: Different things effect different people differently. I was a nicotine junkie. That's why I advocate just quitting full on. Don't use replacement products, because you're just replacing one source of nicotine with another.

No offense to Goof, but your Dad hasn't quit yet.

If you want to be completely free of it, you have to give it up completely.

FBD
02-11-2015, 09:02 PM
I'll agree that vaping is somewhat less harmful than tobacco smoke, but the nic is still there, and nicotine harms the spleen and lymphatic system. In fact I hate those damned ethings, they give you this very acute nicotine blast that feels like you've just smoked 5 cigarettes in a single hit - and my buddy said he had his just at about the lowest nic setting on the thing. ffffff that!

I can see being bad with it would give you terrible withdrawals, glad I was never a "heavy" smoke even though half pack felt heavy at the time. Decreases meditative efficiency too.

FBD
02-11-2015, 09:12 PM
sun should be going down shortly, I was already supposed to be gone long ago so I might as well hang out a bit longer :lol:

FBD
02-11-2015, 10:17 PM
well that came out shitty :lol:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/joeblast/IMAG1364_zpsfb72109a.jpg

Fodster
02-11-2015, 10:31 PM
Wish this dam man flu Would disappear!

FBD
02-11-2015, 10:40 PM
http://sdbullion.com/silver/sbss-silver-shield-collection/silver-shield/silver-shield-never-trust-government-1-oz-silve-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXAv6vng3Qc

http://sdbullion.com/silver/sbss-silver-shield-collection/silver-shield/end-line-silver-shield-banksters-collection-1-oz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT_1r5ut78g

Goofy
02-11-2015, 11:34 PM
No offense to Goof, but your Dad hasn't quit yet.

If you want to be completely free of it, you have to give it up completely.

I totally get that but its the lesser of the two evils imho. The ecigs dont have the hundreds of chemicals in them for a start, its liquid nicotine and a mix of vegetable glycerine and propylene glycol (on my phone so spellings may be off :lol: ) plus it costs him about £70 less per week now!

Of course theres no long term studies on the effects of ecigs but pretty much all doctors agree theyre less harmful than the real thing :)

Goofy
02-11-2015, 11:36 PM
Wish this dam man flu Would disappear!
I think im getting it :meh:

Hal-9000
02-12-2015, 04:38 AM
Have you thought about trying e-cigs mate? My dad was a 40 a day smoker for 45-50 years, gave up about a year and a half ago using e-cigs! He still puffs on it quite often but it's a lot better than a real cig........ i was kinda shocked he managed it tbh, he's tried to quit unsuccessfully about 1876287562875278268276872678 times previously :lol:

My sister tried that last year....vaporizor that looked like a mini bong :lol: I took a few blasts off of it and got nothing...she went back to smoking about a month later.

Hal-9000
02-12-2015, 04:40 AM
It is total hogwash. Maybe I haven't conveyed the severity of the withdrawal symptoms I went through, but the first 3 weeks were hell. It's a constant craving. You feel it in every inch of your skin, in the strands of your muscles and sinews. You'll feel weaker. And fake. I remember I felt like I was in somebody else's body. Uncomfortable constantly. My teeth felt fake. And it will feel like time slows to a crawl. I'd look at a clock and say, "I'll be ok if I can last 20 minutes". I wouldn't look at a clock again for what felt like 2 hours, and then when I did look again, feeling like I killed it, only 2 minutes had past. It won't make you suicidal, but you'll definitely be irritable and agitated. Not shaky, like crack addicts are portrayed as, but you'll feel it. From what I was told, I wasn't very fun to be around. In fact, I was told that I was a complete dick and I'd snap at every little thing.

If you don't want to think about it, you'll need something to lean on. I played my guitar constantly. I focused on every aspect of timing and technique. After several weeks of withdrawal, I had become faster and more accurate than I had been in years.

You'll sleep. What I went through wiped me out. I slept more than average until everything evened out. If you need to, burn some calories. Just do something physically taxing, something that'll make you sweat. Wear yourself out.

thanks?

:lol:

no I appreciate the honesty and what to look forward to. Nothing worse than trying something difficult with no feedback from others and you think you're the only one struggling. I have the same belief....other methods of nicotine delivery just delay the withdrawal. If I'm going to be successful I have to ride out the shitty days, remembering all 50 fucking million smokes I've had.

so now I have to look into the cost of a small heroin addiction to get me over the rough spots, yay :-k

Hal-9000
02-12-2015, 04:43 AM
so it's 9:40pm and I just got in from the dentist...yay, that was a brutal appointment...

I do love educating new dentists though :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2015, 03:45 PM
I wish I was Raylan Givens :-k

DemonGeminiX
02-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Well that was an adventure. The protocol on transferring files between phone and computer via bluetooth is ridiculous.

Hal-9000
02-12-2015, 05:48 PM
last night it was -15 when I got home from the dentist...today is supposed to be +9

nothing like 24 degree temperature swings over night :dance:

FBD
02-12-2015, 05:51 PM

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-12/catastrophic-shutdown-americas-supply-chain-begins-stunning-photos-west-coast-port-c

Hal-9000
02-12-2015, 06:26 PM
I was just taking a quick number 2, sneezed, and it became a quicker number 2

:lol: :oops:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-12-2015, 06:35 PM

Hal-9000
02-12-2015, 06:37 PM
you guys are soooo lucky that I don't have:

a Twitter account
a phone that can upload pics and videos to the net

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2015, 06:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/309mEUW.jpg

Hal's cell phone

redred
02-12-2015, 06:40 PM
i think my nan has one of those :lol:

Hal-9000
02-12-2015, 06:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/309mEUW.jpg

Hal's cell phone

flip phone?

hi tech :hand:

Hal-9000
02-12-2015, 06:57 PM
ffs I'm Saul's brother :lol:

omg

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm hungry

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2015, 07:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DFrsCgW.jpg

WTF did she do to her face? :wha:

DemonGeminiX
02-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Lost some baby fat and got older. Doesn't look like she's got on much in the way of eye makeup on the right. There may or may not have been a tuck here or there, but mostly looks like natural aging to my eyes.

DemonGeminiX
02-12-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm getting sick of all of these fucking videos. Just post a fucking article you illiterate twats.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-12-2015, 08:40 PM
No shit, can I just read please

Goofy
02-12-2015, 08:44 PM
No shit, can I just read please

You can read? :shock:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Hardly, thats why I need practice

Goofy
02-12-2015, 08:48 PM
:rofl:

DemonGeminiX
02-12-2015, 09:40 PM
But seriously... why do we need videos for everything? It takes up so much bandwidth and costs so much more than a simple text article would... and half the time, there's just not enough content to warrant shooting a video for it to begin with. I can see some ground-shaking event where we need up to the minute updates and network and cable news just isn't getting the skinny out quickly like online live streaming sources would. But the vast majority of the other stuff, it's just not necessary.

Goofy
02-12-2015, 09:42 PM
There's a strange satisfaction to be had from a good sneezing fit

PorkChopSandwiches
02-12-2015, 09:43 PM
But seriously... why do we need videos for everything? It takes up so much bandwidth and costs so much more than a simple text article would... and half the time, there's just not enough content to warrant shooting a video for it to begin with. I can see some ground-shaking event where we need up to the minute updates and network and cable news just isn't getting the skinny out quickly like online live streaming sources would. But the vast majority of the other stuff, it's just not necessary.

Because "they" think people don't like to read, which while I may agree, I think people visiting news sites are more willing/wanting to read then watch a video which has the same content as the text.

RBP
02-12-2015, 10:42 PM

Welcome to the new normal - the ADHD, TL;DR, text speak, world.

Half the comments to news articles are nothing more than proof they didn't read the article.

Goofy
02-12-2015, 11:16 PM
I still read a newspaper every day......... well, i read the sports pages anyway 8-[

PorkChopSandwiches
02-12-2015, 11:35 PM
Just sent in my app for a seat on the City Planning Commission :dance:

DemonGeminiX
02-12-2015, 11:50 PM

And thus, the final nail in the proverbial coffin, which inevitably led to the complete collapse of the city...

RBP
02-13-2015, 12:02 AM

First order of business, all meetings are to be held at 4:20. :bong:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2015, 01:09 AM
:lol: It 2 meetings a month. Doubt I'll get it since I have 0 experience in that type of thing, unless project management would count. But who knows, maybe nobody else applies and I get in be default :dance:

DemonGeminiX
02-13-2015, 01:45 AM
I've attended some local council meetings before. They're usually pretty boring unless there's somebody trying to do something that's pissing off people in a certain district (e.g. cell phone tower in everybody's backyard).

You're gonna have to learn a metric ton of state and local laws regarding residential issues, business issues, and zoning. If you get elected, have fun.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the new normal - the ADHD, TL;DR, text speak, world.

Half the comments to news articles are nothing more than proof they didn't read the article.

http://i.imgur.com/JIxz35R.jpg

Good luck :thumbsup:

Pony
02-13-2015, 12:14 PM
:lol: It 2 meetings a month. Doubt I'll get it since I have 0 experience in that type of thing, unless project management would count. But who knows, maybe nobody else applies and I get in be default :dance:

Launch a negative ad campaign against anyone else who applies.

Muddy
02-13-2015, 04:24 PM
It's a bigger job than you think, Porky. Most of the guys on the board are class A contractors.. Well, at least in my area.. There's a certain amount of code and zoning that you need to be familiar with.

redred
02-13-2015, 04:25 PM
so he can't just turn up with his bong and rap music ? :lol:

Hal-9000
02-13-2015, 04:26 PM

you'll be the guy who runs against zero opposition and still doesn't get in by a 2-3 margin :lol:

:dance:

Muddy
02-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Porky will be placing 7-11's in the middle of Brentwood.. :lol:

redred
02-13-2015, 04:29 PM
so we have this new application in for a midget strip club objections :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2015, 04:32 PM
passed

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2015, 04:33 PM
It's a bigger job than you think, Porky. Most of the guys on the board are class A contractors.. Well, at least in my area.. There's a certain amount of code and zoning that you need to be familiar with.

Maybe, we'll see. Its a meeting 2 days a month, it cant be to involved

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2015, 04:34 PM
Hey, we have a Community Organizer as President of The United States, I think Porky can manage the planning commission :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-13-2015, 08:50 PM
Maybe, we'll see. Its a meeting 2 days a month, it cant be to involved

I think you're gonna be surprised. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-13-2015, 10:39 PM
Ch-ch-ch-ha-ha-ha-ha...

DemonGeminiX
02-13-2015, 10:42 PM
Not even one mention about it being Friday the 13th.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-13-2015, 11:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RHgxs83.jpg

:tup:

Muddy
02-14-2015, 12:38 AM

My plumber smacked his head on a beam under the house. I mentioned it to him.. :d

redred
02-14-2015, 10:37 AM
is it just me or does everyone elses pc start to slow when it gets near virus update time :lol:

Hal-9000
02-14-2015, 04:45 PM
is it just me or does everyone elses pc start to slow when it gets near virus update time :lol:

my pc doesn't slow...because I don't shop at Dick-gifs-R-us :x

FBD
02-14-2015, 05:41 PM
Hey, we have a Community Organizer as President of The United States, I think Porky can manage the planning commission :lol:

porky hasnt spent years studying the town's bylaws with the express intent of figuring out how best to dismantle them, though

RBP
02-14-2015, 06:26 PM
After he and I had an epic drinking session last night, some wisdom from my man's man brother in law...

"My fucking 15 year old daughter is wearing a dress to the Valentine's dance that barely covers her pussy. Then I have my 17 year old son who isn't going and is proud to be running around the house in a Grinch onesy. I don't understand the fucking boys these days."

DemonGeminiX
02-14-2015, 06:44 PM
To the daughter: Go get changed into something more respectable or you're not leaving the house. Have a little more respect for yourself, or no one will ever have any respect for you.

To the son... I got nothing. Your friend's fucked.

Pony
02-14-2015, 07:06 PM
Well it's down to 14F out (started the morning at 26F) and it looks like the snow is finally letting up, guess I'd better get dressed and go do the driveway before the temps drop another 20 degrees.

FBD
02-14-2015, 08:38 PM
I'm just glad that foot of snow thursday missed us and dumped out into the ocean - we're getting another 5, 6 inches today-tomorrow. This is the most snow I remember since like 94

Pony
02-14-2015, 09:13 PM
It's cold and windy so it was about a losing battle. I think we have 5 inches out there but it's hard to tell because it's drifting so much. Got done with the drive and the walks, came in to shower, sat down and heard the plow go by burying the end of the driveway. :meh: Guess I'd better get out there again before it gets any colder....

FBD
02-14-2015, 09:16 PM
I'm about to get dressed and head over to the grage and :bong: there's some snow out there but I aint bothering with it today.

Goofy
02-14-2015, 11:25 PM
porky hasnt spent years studying the town's bylaws with the express intent of figuring out how best to dismantle them, though

Porky hasn't spent years studying the town's bylaws........... you could have just finished the sentence there :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
02-14-2015, 11:42 PM
Porky's gonna read these posts and say to himself, ":-k Wait. The town has bylaws?"

deebakes
02-15-2015, 02:05 AM
porky only stands for straight laws :hand:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-15-2015, 02:46 AM
:gay:

Hugh_Janus
02-15-2015, 08:21 AM
need more sleep

Pony
02-15-2015, 11:39 AM
need more sheep

Hal-9000
02-15-2015, 05:10 PM

FBD
02-15-2015, 05:35 PM

Hal-9000
02-15-2015, 06:45 PM
It's cold and windy so it was about a losing battle. I think we have 5 inches out there but it's hard to tell because it's drifting so much. Got done with the drive and the walks, came in to shower, sat down and heard the plow go by burying the end of the driveway. :meh: Guess I'd better get out there again before it gets any colder....

I take it mother nature took a large dump on your part of the world?

sorry to hear :(

Hal-9000
02-15-2015, 06:50 PM
I went to Chernobyl once... it was pretty rad

:dance: :tup:

RBP
02-15-2015, 07:00 PM
:rimshot:

Pony
02-15-2015, 07:04 PM
I take it mother nature took a large dump on your part of the world?

sorry to hear :(

Wasn't really a large dump, we just knew it was being immediately followed by arctic air and I didn't wanna be out removing snow in -5f/-21C temps with 20 MPH winds. Plus I'm just sick of snow, we've been in a cycle where it snows 3 out of every 5 days.

RBP
02-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Wasn't really a large dump, we just knew it was being immediately followed by arctic air and I didn't wanna be out removing snow in -5f/-21C temps with 20 MPH winds. Plus I'm just sick of snow, we've been in a cycle where it snows 3 out of every 5 days.

That sucks. It got to -20F wind chill over night here. I just keep picturing this...

http://i.imgur.com/GRGeQep.jpg?1

Muddy
02-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Our times here now.. 25 mph winds, 10 degrees, and a snow storm 24 hours away...

Goofy
02-15-2015, 08:31 PM
"I survived a zombie apocalypse" starts tonight! :cheers: http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-02-15/your-guide-to-the-televised-zombie-apocalypse

Goofy
02-15-2015, 08:32 PM
I just keep picturing this...

http://i.imgur.com/GRGeQep.jpg?1

Funny how foot fetishes can be........ i keep picturing boobs :)

RBP
02-15-2015, 11:01 PM
I have two things on my current apartment wishlist.

A dual recliner couch and a countertop dishwasher.

redred
02-15-2015, 11:43 PM
i took part in a pub quiz , really didn't think they liked my answers :lol:

RBP
02-15-2015, 11:52 PM
:lol: You in a pub saying inappropriate things? I can't imagine that. :P

Lance used to play bar trivia and seemed to be very good at it.

redred
02-15-2015, 11:59 PM
i have to say i believe lance may have tried harder than me :lol:

RBP
02-16-2015, 12:02 AM
Possibly. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2015, 12:03 AM
I don't feel like doing differential equations right now.

redred
02-16-2015, 12:04 AM
i can help if you wish :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2015, 12:06 AM
i can help if you wish :lol:

Uh... no. Thanks. I'm good.

RBP
02-16-2015, 12:08 AM

redred
02-16-2015, 12:12 AM
well ... i don't know what to say :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Come and see me
Can't you see me?
It's so easy
To believe in you
I believed in you

Your attention
My addiction
Fear no evil
You'll be safe in here
I was saved in here

Goofy
02-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Lance used to play bar trivia and seemed to be very good at it.

Lance can phone-google like no other :ok:

:outtahere:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2015, 05:57 PM
Phones are against the rules

Hugh_Janus
02-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Phones are against the rules

so is cheating, but that doesn't stop everyone :slap:

FBD
02-17-2015, 03:20 PM
“I consider the constitutional power of the General Government as the chief source of stability to our political system, whereas the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded it.” -Robert E. Lee

Teh One Who Knocks
02-17-2015, 03:24 PM
so is cheating, but that doesn't stop everyone :slap:

http://i.imgur.com/Kg6mM9T.png

I don't need to cheat :slap:

FBD
02-17-2015, 03:27 PM
:lol: I'm only a fountain of relatively irrelevant knowledge, the shit they ask in trivia games....science aside.... :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-17-2015, 04:36 PM
Simple solutions to complex problems.

Figured you'd be a bit higher on the entertainment side of things.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-17-2015, 04:46 PM
They ask some weird stuff in both the entertainment and the art categories

KevinD
02-17-2015, 05:49 PM
One more week to go, then I'll be off for a week, having worked 6 straight weeks.

FBD
02-17-2015, 05:50 PM
damn bro.... good luck with things, I keep reading more about rig counts getting absolutely hammered and there's a shit ton of oil in tankers on the water because they're waiting for the price to go up.

Hugh_Janus
02-17-2015, 07:50 PM

15% says you do :slap:

FBD
02-17-2015, 08:07 PM

Goofy
02-17-2015, 09:22 PM
I just coughed and farted at the same time......... who says men can't multitask? :)

Goofy
02-17-2015, 09:25 PM

Whats that from mate?

There's a quiz at my local this friday night come to think of it :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
02-17-2015, 09:26 PM
Trivia crack

PorkChopSandwiches
02-17-2015, 09:27 PM
I just coughed and farted at the same time......... who says men can't multitask? :)

Did you shit yourself for the trifecta?

Goofy
02-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Did you shit yourself for the trifecta?

You mean, did i coshart? :lol: Nah, i never go all-in on the first hand :hand:

FBD
02-17-2015, 10:52 PM
one of my guitarists shit his pants on the way back from a show once. the big guy, 6'5 440+....I'm glad I was not in that car, he had to shit and they got him laughing and by the time they got to the driveway it was all over :lol:

Goofy
02-17-2015, 10:57 PM
one of my guitarists shit his pants on the way back from a show once. the big guy, 6'5 440+....I'm glad I was not in that car, he had to shit and they got him laughing and by the time they got to the driveway it was all over :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
02-18-2015, 12:13 AM
:puke:

Hal-9000
02-18-2015, 12:37 AM
:lol: I'm only a fountain of relatively irrelevant knowledge, the shit they ask in trivia games....science aside.... :lol:

you're the Rick James of science

Hal-9000
02-18-2015, 12:46 AM
I ain't good lookin',
but you know I ain't shy

Ain't afraid to look a girl,
in the eye

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Whats that from mate?

There's a quiz at my local this friday night come to think of it :-k

Trivia crack

Yup, it's a fucking addictive little game :lol:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.etermax.preguntados.lite&hl=en

Do you play Porky?

DemonGeminiX
02-18-2015, 05:10 PM
$375 to take an online class for CAD. Jesus.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2015, 05:10 PM
Comical Algorithm Dissection? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2015, 05:11 PM
Conical Analgesic Drugs? :-k

DemonGeminiX
02-18-2015, 05:12 PM
It's $4200 for the software. Holy shit!

PorkChopSandwiches
02-18-2015, 05:13 PM
Yup, it's a fucking addictive little game :lol:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.etermax.preguntados.lite&hl=en

Do you play Porky?

Yeah, I think I have 4 people running right now :lol:

I submitted 3 questions yesterday, but none have been reviewed yet

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2015, 05:20 PM
It's $4200 for the software. Holy shit!

CAD/CAM software is super expensive...I assume you're looking at AutoCAD at that price, MasterCAM and Solidworks are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive even.

Yeah, I think I have 4 people running right now :lol:

I submitted 3 questions yesterday, but none have been reviewed yet

What's your handle on there, I'll look for you.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-18-2015, 05:31 PM
What's your handle on there, I'll look for you.

PM sent

KevinD
02-18-2015, 05:36 PM
Anybody good at PoE camera systems? I'm getting a crash course in them. Lol after two days, I have all four cams working ( 2 PoE and 2 non PoE) the 2 none PoE keep freezing up until I change the screen on the windows based monitor. I'm baffled

DemonGeminiX
02-18-2015, 05:52 PM
Not really. I was looking at security camera systems around Black Friday, but given that I'm not drilling holes in my house to snake cables through...

PorkChopSandwiches
02-18-2015, 05:55 PM
They have wifi ones

Hal-9000
02-18-2015, 05:55 PM
Anybody good at PoE camera systems? I'm getting a crash course in them. Lol after two days, I have all four cams working ( 2 PoE and 2 non PoE) the 2 none PoE keep freezing up until I change the screen on the windows based monitor. I'm baffled

A friend of mine has his entire house and surrounding areas set up. At least 12 cams....(is that PoE)?

He can see the front street, two approaching his house, one behind his garage, two downstairs by his decal printer, three upstairs in his baby room and kitchen

DemonGeminiX
02-18-2015, 06:01 PM
They have wifi ones

Yeah, but I'd assume those could be stolen relatively easily if mounted outside.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Yeah, but I'd assume those could be stolen relatively easily if mounted outside.

http://i.imgur.com/P3uIl1u.jpg

KevinD
02-18-2015, 06:09 PM
PoE means power over Ethernet, so, just about any cam that uses ethernet and doesn't have a separate power source is PoE.

DemonGeminiX
02-18-2015, 06:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/P3uIl1u.jpg

Good point. :lol:

KevinD
02-18-2015, 06:29 PM
May have a bandaid workaround. Finally got into the software and set the reconnect tries to infinite, lol. I've tested every damned cat5 connection on this Poe and they are all good. Dunno why I'm randomly losing connections

FBD
02-18-2015, 06:34 PM
I thought you said you were losing connect on the non PoE? what are they all connecting to?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2015, 07:28 PM
You stroll, you jump, you're hot and you tease
'Cause I'm your tall cool one and I'm built to please
You stroll, you jump, you're hot and you tease
'Cause I'm your tall cool one and I'm built to please

DemonGeminiX
02-18-2015, 09:16 PM
Today's Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent.

KevinD
02-19-2015, 03:22 AM
I am losing connect on the non PoE cameras. Setting the reconnect to infinity keeps them working, but it's just a work around. They still disconnect for some reason. On a related note, I have another camera that I can't see at all on the network. Can't ping it ( god its been decades since I used msdos! ) and I can't remember the command to locate all devices on the Lan. Tired of fucking with them tonight. Tomorrow, I'm gonna download some ip software from the manufacturer and try to reset it to default again

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2015, 04:05 AM
If I was a drinker, I'd be a smartass and give up sobriety for Lent.

RBP
02-19-2015, 04:09 AM
If I was a drinker, I'd be a smartass and give up sobriety for Lent.

I told somebody that today. :lol:

FBD
02-19-2015, 01:20 PM
I am losing connect on the non PoE cameras. Setting the reconnect to infinity keeps them working, but it's just a work around. They still disconnect for some reason. On a related note, I have another camera that I can't see at all on the network. Can't ping it ( god its been decades since I used msdos! ) and I can't remember the command to locate all devices on the Lan. Tired of fucking with them tonight. Tomorrow, I'm gonna download some ip software from the manufacturer and try to reset it to default again

open up a cmd prompt and do an ipconfig /all and find out what's dishing out your IPs, then get at the DHCP cache there....are they hooked up to a switch or something? what level is the disconnect happening at, software or network level, i.e. is the software dropping its protocol or is the switch itself thinking the cam is getting disconnected? thinking there is if something on a lower level of the osi model's fkn ya, but something along the lines of mtu size causing this is relatively unlikely. (and depending on the complexity of the switch attached to you can pull more, or less, data.) but without knowing what they're hooked to... ( assuming setting reconnect to infinity is inside the cam software? are there windows drivers for this or do the cams just send output?)

speaking of which, what's the IP range defined on the thing, because if a range is set that doesnt cover the # of nodes you want.... :lol: that's something little and stupid that will screw you when connecting a bunch of devices.... what level of access do you have to the network hw?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2015, 01:23 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ffJKdtr.jpg

KevinD
02-19-2015, 04:12 PM
I actually had a bfh in hand at one point last night. Lol getting closer on the one I couldn't bring up at all. Ran it through the PoE controller to my laptop, changed laptop network settings, and reset camera to default. Then I could view cam on laptop, so, changed ip settings on cam to correct network for the system, plugged it back into the system and its working. Right now, have the system powered down to see if setting will stay. I still have no idea what's causing the connectivity problem on the two cameras on the other system. I'll gett all the info on the hardware and setting and post in tech section later today if anyone is interested.

FBD
02-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Excellent article comparing what's going on w the US financially and comparing it to the Asian crisis of the late 90s. Prescient.

http://freegoldobserver.blogspot.ca/2011/10/forgotten-crisis-and-what-every.html

FBD
02-19-2015, 05:23 PM
another good read...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-18/moral-code-post-collapse-world

A Moral Code For The Post-Collapse World

FBD
02-19-2015, 06:21 PM
cripes....good luck Kev

Wolf Richter www.wolfstreet.com

The oil-price plunge hit the industry when it was drunk on its own exuberance and awash in money. At the time, over-indebted junk-rated drillers had no trouble borrowing even more to drill more, efficiently or not. Dreadful IPOs flew off the shelf. Misbegotten spin-offs made Wall Street a ton of money. But in July, everything started to go awry. By October, it was clear that the oil-price plunge wasn’t a blip. By November, oil was in free fall.

Soaring production in the US, reaching 9.2 million barrels per day in January, and lackluster demand have caused US inventories to balloon. The “oil glut” was born.

So the industry adjusted by announcing waves of layoffs, whittling down operating costs, renegotiating prices with suppliers, and slashing capital expenditures. The number of rigs actively drilling for oil – a weekly gauge that indicates what’s going on in the oil field – has plummeted by 553 rigs, or 34%, since the peak in October. Never before has it plummeted this fast this far [The Fracking Bust Hits Home].

The crashing rig count was supposed to curtail production, and lower production would bring supply and demand into balance and allow the price of oil to recover. But the opposite is happening. And Devon Energy Corp. just told us why.

With total operating revenues of nearly $6 billion in the fourth quarter 2014, Devon isn’t the largest oil company out there, but it’s one of the larger players in the US shale revolution.

It reported Q4 results on Tuesday evening. According to its own measure of “core earnings,” it made $343 million. According to GAAP, it lost $408 million, after writing off “asset impairments” of $1.95 billion “related to the recent drop in oil prices.”

Stuff happens when the price of oil plunges.

But production soared – and will continue to soar. CEO John Richels explained the phenomenon in the press release:

We expect to sustain operational momentum in 2015 with the significant improvements we have seen in our completion designs and a capital program focused on development drilling. With strong results from our enhanced completions and a focus on core development areas, we expect growth in oil production to be between 20 and 25 percent in 2015, even with a projected reduction of approximately 20 percent in E&P capital spending compared to 2014.

So, despite slashing the capital expenditure budget by 20%, the company’s oil production in 2015 would grow 20% to 25%.

And in Q4 2014, production of oil, gas, and natural gas liquids from Devon’s “retained assets” had soared to an average of 664,000 oil-equivalent barrels (Boe) per day. This included record oil production of 239,000 barrels per day, up 48% year over year. While bitumen production in Canada grew more slowly, oil production from fracking in the US soared 82%!

This chart shows Devon’s oil production for the last five quarters:

US-Devon-oil-production-growth

http://wolfstreet.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/US-Devon-oil-production-growth.png

Oil production is projected to grow another 20% to 25% in 2015. This is how Devon explained the phenomenon:

The strong growth in U.S. oil production during the quarter was largely attributable to prolific well results from the company’s world-class Eagle Ford assets. Net production in the Eagle Ford averaged 98,000 Boe per day in the fourth quarter, a 100 percent increase compared to Devon’s first month of ownership in March 2014.

And in 2015, it expects a 50% increase in production from the Eagle Ford shale.

Devon liberally praised its “significant scale in core plays,” “a consistent focus on efficient operations,” and “significant improvements in completion design.” In other words, it would spend less, it would use fewer rigs, but it would spend more efficiently – and produce more oil.

Oil – not natural gas. The price of natural gas has been a fiasco for years, and Devon has been moving away from it by selling assets and focusing its resources on oil-rich plays. Hence, natural gas production has actually edged down over the last three quarters even on a retained assets basis.

Devon will drill $1.1 billion in capital expenditures into the ground to achieve its oil production goals. It will use fewer rigs but accomplish more with them: its drill times, thanks to innovation, have improved by 47% over the last three years. And these rigs will be focused “almost exclusively” in DeWitt County, its most productive play in the Eagle Ford shale.

Other drillers are doing the same. Innovation, design improvements, efficiencies, and a relentless focus on the most productive plays will see to it that production continues to rise, despite the plunging rig count, despite the evaporating capital expenditures, despite the layoffs.

They will lose money. They have a lot of debt because the fracking boom was funded by debt. To stay alive, they must meet their interest costs. But if they slow down drilling, and production tapers off in line with the steep decline rates of fracked wells, their interest costs might eat up 50% or more of their shrinking operating profits, and the risk of default would soar – turning off the money-spigot entirely. Default might be next.

This is the bitter irony: drillers are hoping that rising production achieved with greater efficiencies allows them to meet their interest costs; but rising production pressures the price of oil to a level that may not be survivable long-term for many of them. They can lose money, burn through cash, and keep themselves above water through asset sales for only so long. And this is the terrible fracking treadmill they’ve all gotten on and now can’t get off.

In Canada, the floodgates opened in December. Perhaps it had something to do with oil, Canada’s number one export product, whose price plunge has triggered extensive bloodletting in the Canadian oil patch. Or perhaps foreign investors got spooked by something else. Read… Money Is Bailing Out of Canada

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Ok, nothing's going right and I'm losing my cool.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Ok, nothing's going right and I'm losing my cool.

:chill:

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2015, 06:37 PM
Ok, I need to take off.

FBD
02-19-2015, 06:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-ZvAVcBIrQ

FBD
02-19-2015, 09:49 PM
sorry red I looked around a bit for happy stories today and didnt find any.

redred
02-19-2015, 10:07 PM
I'd take beer stories , ffs you're getting depressing today :lol: that shit going through your head 24/7 can't be good

FBD
02-19-2015, 10:53 PM
ok how's about secession :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g36Ef5Fvkok

that's a good thing :tup:

redred
02-19-2015, 10:59 PM
A beer secession yes

FBD
02-19-2015, 11:12 PM
dont mind if I do, catch ya later :wave:

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2015, 11:52 PM
There was nothing left to say
So she said she loved me
And I stood there grateful for the lie

I'd drink enough of anything to make this girl look new again
I'm drunk drunk drunk in the gardens and the graves

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2015, 11:53 PM
Monkeys are funny :)

DemonGeminiX
02-20-2015, 12:05 AM
I like pizza. :)

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2015, 12:05 AM
I don't like spiders and snakes :no:

DemonGeminiX
02-20-2015, 12:07 AM
I hate squirrels. :x

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2015, 12:11 AM
I got rear ended on the way home from work today :|

DemonGeminiX
02-20-2015, 12:12 AM

Again?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2015, 12:13 AM
Yup :|

DemonGeminiX
02-20-2015, 12:15 AM
It's like the 3rd time since we opened this place. Are you alright? How bad was the damage? Did the culprit have insurance at least?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2015, 12:20 AM
I was at the front, minivan behind me, and an F-150 rear ended the minivan forcing her into me. Her vehicle was way fucked up, she got the worst of it on both ends. My bumber is bent down more now, so I'm probably going to get it fixed this time. All I can say is thatnk god for steel bumpers.

He had insurance and I'm okay, :)

DemonGeminiX
02-20-2015, 12:28 AM
His insurance company isn't gonna like him very much. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2015, 12:29 AM
Nope, 2 vehilces for the price of one :lol:

Mine is probably under $1000 in damage, but hers is gonna be expensive

PorkChopSandwiches
02-20-2015, 01:59 AM
I fucked my leg up at the gym this am, heard a pop in my knee area. Feels like I pulled the muscle from my knee to my calf :(

My last 3 injuries have been gym related, wondering if it worth it :lol:

DemonGeminiX
02-20-2015, 02:21 AM
Even a little bit is worth it. You know, you're not 18 anymore, right?

PorkChopSandwiches
02-20-2015, 02:32 AM
Im reminded everyday :lol:

RBP
02-20-2015, 03:25 AM
Im reminded everyday :lol:

in the morning when there's no salute.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2015, 12:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JKSIJ5O.jpg

So.....looks like Aquaman is officially going to go ahead and become a movie

Pony
02-20-2015, 12:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2dQa4gD.jpg

I don't wanna be Aquaman! He sucks!

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2015, 12:46 PM
I think they are trying to update him :-k

Goofy
02-20-2015, 01:59 PM
:haha:

8-[

I fucked my leg up at the gym this am, heard a pop in my knee area. Feels like I pulled the muscle from my knee to my calf :(

:haha:

8-[

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2015, 04:58 PM
I have two large-ish projects still that need to get done today and I have ZERO motivation to finish them :|

Hal-9000
02-20-2015, 05:04 PM
mainline a couple of those 5 hour energy elixirs :yumyum:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2015, 05:13 PM
mainline a couple of those 5 hour energy elixirs :yumyum:

There's not motivation in those bottles :slap:

Hal-9000
02-20-2015, 05:17 PM

Oh yes, you're right. Motivation is usually contained in burritos and pop tarts, my bad! :x

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2015, 05:21 PM

Oh yes, you're right. Motivation is usually contained in burritos and pop tarts, my bad! :x

Hal-9000
02-20-2015, 05:22 PM

...or sadism :x

Hal-9000
02-20-2015, 05:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2dQa4gD.jpg

I don't wanna be Aquaman! He sucks!

I think they are trying to update him :-k

http://i.imgur.com/F7ppP1U.jpg

Hal-9000
02-20-2015, 05:23 PM
:lol: oops

Hal-9000
02-20-2015, 05:24 PM

sorry to hear that...good to hear your truck and you are okay :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2015, 05:40 PM
sorry to hear that...good to hear your truck and you are okay :thumbsup:

Yeah, the minivan that was in the middle got fucked up bad though....lots of dead plastic everywhere :lol:

Hal-9000
02-20-2015, 05:41 PM
Tacoma Thunder! :x

FBD
02-20-2015, 06:26 PM

medial, lateral, anterior, posterior? what were you doing when it happened?

DemonGeminiX
02-20-2015, 06:29 PM
He just got finished chuggin' a beer then yelled, "Hey guys! Watch this!"

FBD
02-20-2015, 06:43 PM

Goofy
02-20-2015, 06:57 PM
He just got finished chuggin' a beer then yelled, "Hey guys! Watch this!"

Hal-9000
02-20-2015, 07:14 PM
when I tore my hamstring muscle my calf got screwed up too...even now it cramps and stiffens from my Achilles tendon right up to the back of my knee

FBD
02-20-2015, 07:44 PM
stretch that shit 3x a day hoss
bounce ankles & knees when you're sitting here and there :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2015, 08:50 PM
Holy fuck, you can tell that Colorado is being overrun by idiots....they're calling for a foot of snow for the city and the grocery store is a fucking ZOO and the shelves are nearly empty of everything. Most people had heaping full shopping carts of stuff. :|

Muddy
02-20-2015, 09:16 PM
Holy fuck, you can tell that Colorado is being overrun by idiots....they're calling for a foot of snow for the city and the grocery store is a fucking ZOO and the shelves are nearly empty of everything. Most people had heaping full shopping carts of stuff. :|

It's the same thing here if they only call for an inch.. true story.

redred
02-20-2015, 09:32 PM
An inch :lol: 6 mm over here and things go crazy

DemonGeminiX
02-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Yep, I'm a good Catholic. It's Friday during Lent and I've been eating meat products all day.

KevinD
02-21-2015, 11:01 PM
Left the apartment at 04:30 Friday morning. Got back 16:00 today. Almost 36 hrs, worked 32 of them

Pony
02-21-2015, 11:19 PM
:hand: Get back to work, slacker.

RBP
02-21-2015, 11:31 PM
Yep, I'm a good Catholic. It's Friday during Lent and I've been eating meat products all day.

What kind of meat does a priest eat on Friday?

Nun.

:dance:

KevinD
02-23-2015, 02:45 AM
Slept for 12 hours straight, ate, and went back to bed for 2 more hours. Got up and did a bit of real work, did my expenses, and cooked a big pot of chilli for me and the other techs.

RBP
02-23-2015, 05:16 AM
Selma only won best original song? :lmao:

deebakes
02-23-2015, 02:21 PM
:racist:

deebakes
02-23-2015, 02:22 PM
what did you think of patricia arquette's acceptance speech rbp? :-k

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/22/8088675/academy-awards-2015-patricia-arquette-wage-equality

Teh One Who Knocks
02-23-2015, 05:31 PM
I'm sofa king tired :|

DemonGeminiX
02-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Sorry I hurt your feelings by letting you know that there was a problem and asking you to fix it but...

... you know what? I'm not sorry. Fuck you and your feelings. If you were any way competent in keeping shit running without problems, then you wouldn't be hearing from me. If this is your one and only job in life and you keep getting complaints about how you're not doing it right from everybody involved, then maybe the problem isn't with everybody else, maybe the problem is you. Maybe you fucking suck at your job and the powers that be should find somebody else to replace you, you fucking moron. Now kiss my ass, shut the fuck up, fix the shit and fix it right, you fucking asshole.

Shady
02-24-2015, 09:34 AM
totally surprised to find this haven is still going

Teh One Who Knocks
02-24-2015, 11:23 AM
:faint:

Websponge
02-24-2015, 11:33 AM
:excellent:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

DemonGeminiX
02-24-2015, 01:33 PM
My fucking car won't start.

GODFUCKINGDAMMIT!!!

:x

Goofy
02-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Sorry I hurt your feelings by letting you know that there was a problem and asking you to fix it but...

... you know what? I'm not sorry. Fuck you and your feelings. If you were any way competent in keeping shit running without problems, then you wouldn't be hearing from me. If this is your one and only job in life and you keep getting complaints about how you're not doing it right from everybody involved, then maybe the problem isn't with everybody else, maybe the problem is you. Maybe you fucking suck at your job and the powers that be should find somebody else to replace you, you fucking moron. Now kiss my ass, shut the fuck up, fix the shit and fix it right, you fucking asshole.

My fucking car won't start.

GODFUCKINGDAMMIT!!!

:x

That's what you get for shouting at it in your previous post [-(

DemonGeminiX
02-24-2015, 01:51 PM
I don't even know what the fuck to do. My neighbors are all at work and I'm here by myself. There is literally no one that I can call for help right now.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-24-2015, 01:52 PM
Do you have Triple A or anything? Roadside assistance on your car insurance policy?

DemonGeminiX
02-24-2015, 01:55 PM
I believe I do. Let me log in and check.

Goofy
02-24-2015, 01:58 PM
I don't even know what the fuck to do. My neighbors are all at work and I'm here by myself. There is literally no one that I can call for help right now.

:(

DemonGeminiX
02-24-2015, 01:59 PM
I do. Let me give them a call.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-24-2015, 02:03 PM
Hopefully they can help :thumbsup: