PDA

View Full Version : Post what you are thinking at this very moment

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221

Pony
03-25-2019, 08:16 PM
:slap:

OK Mr. Lance Inator.

DemonGeminiX
03-25-2019, 08:43 PM
Trouble in Israel again. More rockets from the Gaza Strip. I can't see how anybody can reasonably support the Palestinians with this shit going on.

Hal-9000
03-26-2019, 01:25 AM
I guess Phil Collins is on tour again and one of the local radio stations is billing it as his 'Still Not Dead Yet' tour :lol:

I guess he just must be an asshole to everyone :lol:

No it wasn't that at all. Let me summarize. Zeppelin hadn't played together live since Bonham's death. Robert Plant had flown in and done three gigs along the way, his voice was totally gone. Apparently Jimmy Page was 'out of it' and was handed an out of tune guitar. They had two drummers, Tony Thompson and Collins. Collins had also just arrived from doing his playing a gig in multiple countries within 24 hours promotion for Live Aid. He said that no one had time to rehearse and that Thompson treated it like an audition for the new fill in drummer for Led Zeppelin, who wouldn't listen to any advice or tips on what to play.

So Phil Collins gets crucified by the press for ruining the set and later by some members of Zeppelin. In defense of himself he lists the various things I've mentioned above and says to watch the video for yourself to determine what happened. He's right. The Zeppelin members sucked playing their own song and he did as well as can be expected filling in for a song he had never rehearsed. And he just finished flying around the world playing something like 12 shows in 24 hours of his own music :lol:

Godfather
03-26-2019, 02:35 AM
Trouble in Israel again. More rockets from the Gaza Strip. I can't see how anybody can reasonably support the Palestinians with this shit going on.

Last week when Gaza launched a couple rockets, they claimed it was a mistake while cleaning them :lol: Ya, woops.

Hal-9000
03-26-2019, 02:35 AM
Last week when Gaza launched a couple rockets, they claimed it was a mistake while cleaning them :lol: Ya, woops.

:lol:

RBP
03-26-2019, 02:47 AM

Islamophobe. :hand:

Godfather
03-26-2019, 04:12 AM
Apparently there's a new story on Elizabeth Holmes HBO put out? Going to have to try and dig that up, pretty fascinating case. She fooled a shit load of people, brilliant in some ways, but a total sociopath it sounds like.

Griffin
03-26-2019, 05:05 PM
I fell through my screen door and strained myself.

RBP
03-27-2019, 03:21 AM
:rimshot:

RBP
03-27-2019, 03:24 AM
Apparently there's a new story on Elizabeth Holmes HBO put out? Going to have to try and dig that up, pretty fascinating case. She fooled a shit load of people, brilliant in some ways, but a total sociopath it sounds like.

It's not bad, but pretty surface. I want the dirt and the psychological profile.

J-Law is playing her in an upcoming movie.

She recently got engaged, which was pretty stunning to me for some reason. It's like, dude, do you have any idea what she's capable of? :lol:

RBP
03-27-2019, 03:38 AM
So apparently male-male cuddling is a thing. I don't have anything to say.

Godfather
03-27-2019, 05:37 AM
It's not bad, but pretty surface. I want the dirt and the psychological profile.

J-Law is playing her in an upcoming movie.

She recently got engaged, which was pretty stunning to me for some reason. It's like, dude, do you have any idea what she's capable of? :lol:

Cool thanks for the info!

I get the impression she's good at pulling the wool over men's eyes. I watch the ABC piece on her and it seemed she had her male profs fooled but her female profs at Stanford thought she was full of shit? Maybe just one reporter's angle. The book on her is supposed to be good too, may check it out if I have time.

Godfather
03-27-2019, 05:39 AM
Also: if anyone watched and enjoyed Free Solo, this other doc on Netflix called The Dawn Wall featuring one of Alex's climbing partners Tommy Caldwell is excellent too. Not to spoil things but he has an incredible story, captured by terrorists while climbing in one of the 'stan countries and escaped (bravely) when he was 22, chopped off his index finger in a bandsaw accident which couldn't be reattached, and is still considered one of the greatest big wall climbers ever. Very good documentary.

Muddy
03-27-2019, 09:17 AM
Jordan Peele. Racist.

Goofy
03-27-2019, 09:30 AM
Jordan Peele. Racist.
You're up late Harp........ or early? :-k Off work?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 10:09 AM

:rapeculture:

Pony
03-27-2019, 11:23 AM

Dibs on big spoon.

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2019, 11:38 AM
BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport. Any objections anyone?

Muddy
03-27-2019, 12:54 PM
You're up late Harp........ or early? :-k Off work?

Woke up for a few minutes this morning and wanted to share that..

Jordan Peele on Making Movies After 'Us': "I Don't See Myself Casting a White Dude as the Lead"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/jordan-peele-says-i-dont-see-myself-casting-a-white-dude-as-lead-us-1197021

RBP
03-27-2019, 11:54 PM
Grocery retards update:

Same chain, different store. I really have to pee. I go to the bathrooms and one of the retards is standing outside the bathrooms talking to himself. I said "oh, is someone in there?" He does a retard laugh and says "yeah". Then, while are both supposedly waiting, he keeps muttering, then walks a few feet away talking to a merchandise display. Then he walks back over and enters the bathroom. Wait what? It was open the whole time? He's making all kinds of weird noises in the bathroom, maybe moaning, maybe whatever, just weird and loud. He finally comes out and says "live action mode. real human version" what?? Then says "you can go in now".

Jesus fuck.

Godfather
03-28-2019, 03:37 AM
Grocery retards update:

Same chain, different store. I really have to pee. I go to the bathrooms and one of the retards is standing outside the bathrooms talking to himself. I said "oh, is someone in there?" He does a retard laugh and says "yeah". Then, while are both supposedly waiting, he keeps muttering, then walks a few feet away talking to a merchandise display. Then he walks back over and enters the bathroom. Wait what? It was open the whole time? He's making all kinds of weird noises in the bathroom, maybe moaning, maybe whatever, just weird and loud. He finally comes out and says "live action mode. real human version" what?? Then says "you can go in now".

Jesus fuck.

:rofl:

Was it this guy :-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziDAV2dOT8k

Godfather
03-28-2019, 04:00 AM
Old gym douche guy put on a good show for me today. This guy is about 50, little chicken legs and arms, skinny body with a milk bag gut on him, which is truly mystifying because he's been in there with a trainer 3x a week for the last many months somehow not getting any fitter. He grunts and moans at the top of his lungs when he works out, and his poor PT looks just dead inside. One time he was really grunting doing push-ups and the trainer says as nicely as possible "never heard anyone grunt like that working out" and d-bag replies dead serious: "that's 'cus you don't know anyone who works out as hard as me". :roll: He's always mean-mugging everyone too like he's looking for a fight.

Today he rolls in with a weighted vest that looks like a military magazine carrier with 8 brick shaped weights on the front and back. He uses it for 3 minutes and then dramatically whips it off, throws it to the grounds, and keeps on doing his bizarre routine of jumping jacks and grunting. I'll give it to the guy for his effort, but calm down dude :lol:

RBP
03-28-2019, 05:07 AM
I think we need a thread just for annoying humans. :lol:

Godfather
03-28-2019, 05:34 AM
I think we need a thread just for annoying humans. :lol:

I think the c'mon man thread might've suited today's rants :lol:

RBP
03-28-2019, 05:38 AM
Fair enough. :lol: Maybe I will move my retard rants there.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-28-2019, 09:41 AM
Old gym douche guy put on a good show for me today. This guy is about 50, little chicken legs and arms, skinny body with a milk bag gut on him, which is truly mystifying because he's been in there with a trainer 3x a week for the last many months somehow not getting any fitter. He grunts and moans at the top of his lungs when he works out, and his poor PT looks just dead inside. One time he was really grunting doing push-ups and the trainer says as nicely as possible "never heard anyone grunt like that working out" and d-bag replies dead serious: "that's 'cus you don't know anyone who works out as hard as me". :roll: He's always mean-mugging everyone too like he's looking for a fight.

Today he rolls in with a weighted vest that looks like a military magazine carrier with 8 brick shaped weights on the front and back. He uses it for 3 minutes and then dramatically whips it off, throws it to the grounds, and keeps on doing his bizarre routine of jumping jacks and grunting. I'll give it to the guy for his effort, but calm down dude :lol:

Reason #23156 not to join a gym

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 03:06 PM

There's a community college by my place and in junior high, me and bud would go there to lift weights and swim 3x week. We got into pretty good shape...my friend had abs in grade nine and I could do incline site ups hanging from overhead bars while holding a 25 lb weight.

Dating myself...it was one of the first universal gyms in existence. It was set up in a relatively small room with free weights on the side. We would go there and every single time, there were these older college guys standing around at the various stations on the universal, but not using them. They would flex and pose and preen and talk about the latest protein powders...we just wanted to work out. So my friend with the abs was only about 5"5'. He gets tired of the BS and steps right in front of this guy so he could start using the bench press. I do the same with the leg press.

The two college jocks were mortified. One of them starts yelling and threatening my friend. My friend (who has no fear and a big mouth) says - Shut up. You guys come here every week to look at each other, you never work out. Some of us actually want to use the equipment :lol: I'm dying...another guy comes over to me and says - This is MY machine and is referring to the leg press I'm currently sitting at. I used to ride a bike everywhere and could run, so I was used to pressing around 250-300 pounds on that machine. The guy starts laughing and calls out to his other monkey-boy friends after I put the pin in. "This young fuck is attempting 250, let's watch him fail!" So I start doing my reps and he gets mad and attempts to first hold down the stack, then he tries to start pulling out the pin as I'm lifting. I just do it faster and tell him to fuck right off.

Meanwhile my little friend is about to pick up a free weight and hit people with it because things are quickly going south. Then, two campus security guards coming running in, batons drawn and yell - "Everyone in this room, put the weights down and remain calm!!!"

:lol: I've never forgot that expression. Long one short they take us all into a little security office and show us that certain areas of the college are on closed circuit security. Weight room is one of the areas. They were watching us and when asshole #1 starting playing with my machine and asshole #2 started pushing my friend around, it inspired them to run in and save our lives :)

The gym rat monkey-boys were banned from the weight room for 6 months and one of them starts whining- But they're not even students here, I can tell I can tell. I yell back at him - It's a community college you dick, everyone is welcome to use the facilities! My friend adds - Ya, and every week you guys go into the weightroom and admire each other's bodies instead of actually working out!

More scuffles, more threats, good times :lol: :lol:

Godfather
03-28-2019, 03:55 PM
Reason #23156 not to join a gym

For real though, there aren’t any reasons not to go to the gym, only excuses. Your heart is a muscle, gotta keep it strong lads!

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2019, 04:13 PM
Oh, Sam's Club does install tires.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-28-2019, 04:21 PM

For real though, there aren’t any reasons not to go to the gym, only excuses. Your heart is a muscle, gotta keep it strong lads!

I have a treadmill and a rowing machine at home :dunno:

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 04:23 PM
Hey GF I have an insurance story. You do that right?

I paid my home insurance policy on March 6th at the bank. Then I get a letter from Cumis yesterday dated March 18th saying - If you want to cancel your policy please call, otherwise here's an envelope etc to send in your payment.

I was going to throw it out and it bothered me for some reason. I paid on the 6th electronically, yet their letter was dated the 18th implying I hadn't paid yet.

So I call and wait on hold for over 45 minutes. Finally this young guy comes on, I explain what happened and say - I have one simple question. Can you see there on my file that I paid electronically on March 6th?

Very long story (and phone call) short, he says one screen says I haven't paid, and another screen with 'handwritten notes' says I paid on March 6 at the bank I use. He is utterly dumbfounded and doesn't know what to do :lol:

So I'm getting tired of it and know at least somewhere that my insurance company has a record of me paying. I speak to his supervisor and he says that my policy would have likely lapsed if I didn't call because Cumis was in the process of converting over to HB Group and for whatever reason my file wasn't updated by their accounting department.

Pardon me??? You have a 'hand written note' saying I paid and because of your shitty bookkeeping practices my policy would lapse???

I laughed so hard (in anger) I think the guy was going to hang up on me :lol:

but wtf man...that could have been horrible if something happened to our house.

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2019, 04:50 PM
I have a treadmill and a rowing machine at home :dunno:

:x

Drop and give me 20!!!

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2019, 04:53 PM
It's funny that when I'm watching conservative political commentators' videos on Youtube, a lot of the suggestions in the right side list is for either CNN or MSNBC.

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 05:27 PM
I finally stopped reading about serial killers and shootings, decided to read Treasure Island for the first time.

For a classic it kind of sucked :lol:

Sorry Mr Stevenson...

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2019, 05:38 PM
In this day and age of break-neck speed paced books, the slow crawl classics are kind of tough to get into. I initially had the same problem with all of the Victorian/Gothic ghost story collections that I have. I had to stop reading Stephen King/Peter Straub/Dean Koontz books for a while.

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 05:39 PM
Now I have to find more reading material.

I look up adventure stuff, get pointed inevitably to fantasy stuff...
I look up mystery stuff, get pointed to Twilight-like shit...
I look up science stuff, get pointed to sci-fi and more fantasy stuff...

oh well, back to true crime searches I guess...can never get enough about Richard Chase drinking people's blood :lol:

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 05:41 PM
In this day and age of break-neck speed paced books, the slow crawl classics are kind of tough to get into. I initially had the same problem with all of the Victorian/Gothic ghost story collections that I have. I had to stop reading Stephen King/Peter Straub/Dean Koontz books for a while.

I recently re-read two favorites by King. The Stand and It.

And both didn't seem that great this time around. Everything from composition style to plot developments made me think - Why did I love this guy's stories and herald him as brilliant?

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 05:42 PM

I like Koontz's style in recent books (Jane Hawk series) but he really goes for the flowery prose now. He'll turn a 10 word sentence into a 100 word grammar exposition, just to say the character was scared :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2019, 05:43 PM
Have you read any of Dashiell Hammett's or Agatha Christie's stuff?

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2019, 05:46 PM
I recently re-read two favorites by King. The Stand and It.

And both didn't seem that great this time around. Everything from composition style to plot developments made me think - Why did I love this guy's stories and herald him as brilliant?

In my opinion. King's short stories are far better. His novels could probably fit into the short story/novella format if he cut out all of the fluff.

I like Koontz's style in recent books (Jane Hawk series) but he really goes for the flowery prose now. He'll turn a 10 word sentence into a 100 word grammar exposition, just to say the character was scared :lol:

Koontz to me is the consummate cookie cutter writer. All of his books, except for the Odd series, have been pretty much the same story with variations of the vulnerable protagonist up against a killer antagonist in a familiar place with similar pacing... and a dog somewhere in the mix. Dean has a thing for Golden Retrievers.

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 05:47 PM

Treasure Island was a tough go because of the writing style of the time. And not to reveal a huge spoiler, but after digesting the novel it's essentially a short story where they get a map, travel to the island, get the treasure and come back. That's it.

For me, books like Fellowship of the Rings are great adventures, because I felt exhausted after reading and the characters actually went on a journey that lasted months and it felt like it while reading.

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 05:48 PM
In my opinion. King's short stories are far better. His novels could probably fit into the short story/novella format if he cut out all of the fluff.

Koontz to me is the consummate cookie cutter writer. All of his books, except for the Odd series, have been vulnerable protagonist up against a killer antagonist in a familiar place with similar pacing... and a dog somewhere in the mix. Dean has a thing for Golden Retrievers.

God I loved Phantoms and some of his older creepy novels.

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 05:50 PM
Have you read any of Dashiell Hammett's or Agatha Christie's stuff?

I read some Agatha Christie in my teens/early 20's and remember liking them. No Hammet novels.

Have you read any Clive Cussler stuff? I keep seeing him recommended but he looks like an action-hero factory writer :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2019, 05:51 PM
God I loved Phantoms and some of his older creepy novels.

I barely remember Phantoms. I sorta remember Ben Affleck's movie, but the book didn't really leave a mark on my memory.

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 05:55 PM
I recommended this recently, but try to find All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. It's a tough, dry read at times but the author has a style I've rarely seen before. He paints a picture using sparse prose and it's brilliant at times.

Story is about a young blind girl in Paris and a young German boy and how their lives intertwine leading up to and during WW2. It's at turns shocking, beautiful, and completely interesting once the narrative gets moving.

Probably one of the best stories I've ever read :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 05:57 PM
I barely remember Phantoms. I sorta remember Ben Affleck's movie, but the book didn't really leave a mark on my memory.

I was living in Banff in 1985 and read it there. Banff was a small snow resort and the book takes place at a small snow resort. All sorts of creatures come out in the dark and it had some frightening moments I recall. Could of been due to where I was and being 20 years old at the time.

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2019, 05:57 PM
I read some Agatha Christie in my teens/early 20's and remember liking them. No Hammet novels.

Have you read any Clive Cussler stuff? I keep seeing him recommended but he looks like an action-hero factory writer :lol:

No, I haven't read any Cussler. I've seen his books in the store and have been tempted to pick one up off the shelves, but I never do.

Same thing with the political intrigue writers Robert Ludlum, Lee Child, and Tom Clancy. I love the Jason Bourne/Jack Reacher/Jack Ryan movies, but I've never pulled the trigger on the books.

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2019, 05:59 PM
I'll be back later.

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 06:03 PM
James Rollins.

:lol: Man I read what seemed like 25 books of his in 2016. All the same template...big macho guy who can usually shoot every weapon and drive every nautical craft made.

And even being a modern author, his stories are full of so much dick swinging swagger I had to smile while reading them :lol:

They literally read like The Rock adventure movies. Not sure why I absorbed so many of them.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-28-2019, 06:07 PM
Now I have to find more reading material.

I look up adventure stuff, get pointed inevitably to fantasy stuff...
I look up mystery stuff, get pointed to Twilight-like shit...
I look up science stuff, get pointed to sci-fi and more fantasy stuff...

oh well, back to true crime searches I guess...can never get enough about Richard Chase drinking people's blood :lol:

If you like adventure-y stuff, have you read any of James Rollins stuff? I like them.

https://jamesrollins.com/books/

Teh One Who Knocks
03-28-2019, 06:08 PM
Dammit :x

Teh One Who Knocks
03-28-2019, 06:12 PM
Matthew Reilly is pretty good too: http://matthewreilly.com/the-novels/

Hal-9000
03-28-2019, 06:17 PM
If you like adventure-y stuff, have you read any of James Rollins stuff? I like them.

https://jamesrollins.com/books/

you don't say...

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2019, 08:23 PM
James Rollins
Matthew Reilly
Anthony Doerr - All The Light We Cannot See

I'll look into them. :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-28-2019, 08:58 PM
Well this has been a perfect day. Show and tell visit with a customer most of the last half of the day and then I try and go home and get on the interstate and my truck starts fucking up. :|

At first it felt like the transmission because the truck got all jumpy and had no power. Luckily I was able to get off the next immediate exit and circle back around to the dealership where I bought it (it's really close to work). They're gonna try and look at it right away but no guarantee and it's just passed the warranty (all that's left is a powertrain warranty) and the guy that checked me in said it sounds like it might be electrical. So here I sit waiting :|

:suicide:

Griffin
03-28-2019, 09:22 PM
fuel filter?

Pony
03-28-2019, 10:34 PM
Well this has been a perfect day. Show and tell visit with a customer most of the last half of the day and then I try and go home and get on the interstate and my truck starts fucking up. :|

At first it felt like the transmission because the truck got all jumpy and had no power. Luckily I was able to get off the next immediate exit and circle back around to the dealership where I bought it (it's really close to work). They're gonna try and look at it right away but no guarantee and it's just passed the warranty (all that's left is a powertrain warranty) and the guy that checked me in said it sounds like it might be electrical. So here I sit waiting :|

Could be a coil.

Or they just remotely flipped the "out of warranty" switch to start recouping the money they lost on warranty work.

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2019, 10:45 PM
Or they just remotely flipped the "out of warranty" switch to start recouping the money they lost on warranty work.

Damn out-of-warranty switches. We really need to figure out how to identify those devices.

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2019, 10:49 PM
Sooner or later
Your legs give way, you hit the ground
Save it for later
Don't run away and let me down

Godfather
03-29-2019, 01:52 AM

Could be a coil.

That sucks lance.

For real though on the warranty :lol: My Dad bought a new car a few years back, german brand known to have electrical issues when they get a tiny bit older. Our long-time family mechanic told us dead-pan: "make that thing disappear before the warranty is up" :lol:

RBP
03-29-2019, 02:47 AM
I got a political flyer for Tuesday's election. Next to the "Senior Handyman Service" talking about about the value they add to the community, they actually used a picture of the guy from the "Hide the Pain Harold" meme. :rofl:

https://i.imgur.com/V7OPoJl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7PxreDg.jpg

Godfather
03-29-2019, 03:24 AM
Dank meme senator :lol: Got my vote

RBP
03-29-2019, 03:32 AM
Dank meme senator :lol: Got my vote

They couldn't use a real picture of a local handyman? :lol: C'mon man.

And they misspelled "thousands".

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2019, 10:24 AM
fuel filter?

Could be a coil.

It was something to do with the vent control valve and mass air flow sensor. Full repair (according to Nissan) would have been just over $1,000 but to replace everything that the mfg. said to replace would have been into next week because the dealer doesn't stock all the parts, they're special order. The tech said we can start with replacing the main culprits and probably wouldn't need to do EVERYTHING that Nissan says to do, plus they had those parts in stock. So, a couple hours after limping the truck to the dealer, they got my truck in and got it fixed and I was able to get home. Seems to be running fine too now. Total cost was $466, which is still bad, but not $1,000 bad. And as shitty as the whole thing was, I guess I'm lucky that (A) the truck started fucking up as soon as I got on the highway and I was able to get it back to the dealer and (B) that they were able to get me in that fast and get it fixed as the service area at this dealer is always busy. Plus, it could have been much worse had I turned the truck off on the side of the road on the highway because after I had gotten to the dealer and parked it and checked in, he told me to pull the truck over to the service bay doors. And I tried to start it and it would just keep stalling out, so I could have been stuck on the side of the road and needed a tow truck too.

So, all in all, a shitty situation could have been MUCH worse. Silver linings I guess.

Goofy
03-29-2019, 10:43 AM
Air flow sensors are pain in the fucking arse. We have 4 Vauxhall Astra vans here at the work and i think we've had to replace the sensor on 3 of them :| Thankfully it's literally a 2 minute job to swap one out on these vans

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2019, 10:45 AM
Air flow sensors are pain in the fucking arse. We have 4 Vauxhall Astra vans here at the work and i think we've had to replace the sensor on 3 of them :| Thankfully it's literally a 2 minute job to swap one out on these vans

Yeah, by the time they had come out and told me what it was and I told them to go ahead (I had no choice to get it fixed) and he said about an hour, but he was back out in under 45 minutes saying it was all done, so all things considered, it wasn't too long a wait total.

Muddy
03-29-2019, 12:47 PM
UVA is in the 'Elite 8".. :cheerlead:

Hal-9000
03-29-2019, 02:40 PM
It was something to do with the vent control valve and mass air flow sensor. Full repair (according to Nissan) would have been just over $1,000 but to replace everything that the mfg. said to replace would have been into next week because the dealer doesn't stock all the parts, they're special order. The tech said we can start with replacing the main culprits and probably wouldn't need to do EVERYTHING that Nissan says to do, plus they had those parts in stock. So, a couple hours after limping the truck to the dealer, they got my truck in and got it fixed and I was able to get home. Seems to be running fine too now. Total cost was $466, which is still bad, but not $1,000 bad. And as shitty as the whole thing was, I guess I'm lucky that (A) the truck started fucking up as soon as I got on the highway and I was able to get it back to the dealer and (B) that they were able to get me in that fast and get it fixed as the service area at this dealer is always busy. Plus, it could have been much worse had I turned the truck off on the side of the road on the highway because after I had gotten to the dealer and parked it and checked in, he told me to pull the truck over to the service bay doors. And I tried to start it and it would just keep stalling out, so I could have been stuck on the side of the road and needed a tow truck too.

So, all in all, a shitty situation could have been MUCH worse. Silver linings I guess.

Good to hear you got it fixed. :thumbsup: As you mention, you drive on the highway and there's worse places to break down.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2019, 02:44 PM
Good to hear you got it fixed. :thumbsup: As you mention, you drive on the highway and there's worse places to break down.

It just made an exhausting day into a shitty day :lol:

But like I said, it could have ended up being a lot worse.

Hal-9000
03-29-2019, 02:57 PM
It just made an exhausting day into a shitty day :lol:

But like I said, it could have ended up being a lot worse.

Hey you got to your dealership. They fixed it that day and you drove it home same day. Could have been calling tow trucks etc, waiting a week to get it back etc..

Me and my 86 Buick Skylark pulled right up to a campground entrance and the car died as we rolled in. 1993. No cell phones, no pay phones etc. It turned out to be the distributor cap and a long story.

:thumbsup: I thought you had a Toyota truck for some reason....Ford? :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2019, 03:00 PM
Hey you got to your dealership. They fixed it that day and you drove it home same day. Could have been calling tow trucks etc, waiting a week to get it back etc..

Me and my 86 Buick Skylark pulled right up to a campground entrance and the car died as we rolled in. 1993. No cell phones, no pay phones etc. It turned out to be the distributor cap and a long story.

:thumbsup: I thought you had a Toyota truck for some reason....Ford? :lol:

I had a Toyota, but got rid of it almost 3 years ago now and got the Nissan.

Hal-9000
03-29-2019, 03:03 PM
I had a Toyota, but got rid of it almost 3 years ago now and got the Nissan.

I got rid of my Toyota as well.

Hey I won Apple Airpods from my old dealership and am going to pick them up this morning. Don't have an iphone..apparently they're worth 230 new up here:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2019, 03:07 PM
I got rid of my Toyota as well.

Hey I won Apple Airpods from my old dealership and am going to pick them up this morning. Don't have an iphone..apparently they're worth 230 new up here:-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKtlK7sn0JQ

Hal-9000
03-29-2019, 06:02 PM
I love loose processes at businesses. I go to the dealership, they ask my name. I say hal-9000. The girl gives me the Apple Earpods and wishes me a good day. She doesn't ask for ID, doesn't ask me to sign anything. These things are over 200 bucks retail :lol:

Pony
03-29-2019, 06:04 PM
I love loose processes at businesses. I go to the dealership, they ask my name. I say hal-9000. The girl gives me the Apple Earpods and wishes me a good day. She doesn't ask for ID, doesn't ask me to sign anything. These things are over 200 bucks retail :lol:

I'm shocked, I thought for sure they were gonna keep you there for hours trying to sell you a new car.

Hal-9000
03-29-2019, 06:18 PM
I'm shocked, I thought for sure they were gonna keep you there for hours trying to sell you a new car.

Not even a whisper of that. I kept getting their propaganda and one day a couple of months ago a sales guy called me. I told him in no uncertain terms I sold the car, hated the car and could you please get me off of any and all lists? :lol:

They may have a note in their file to this effect. I also made a stink because I won these earbuds from a promotion in the mail, drove down there two months ago and they said they ran out and didn't have any on hand. I complained about the ol bait and switch ploy while a very kind saleswoman kept making the gulping fish face as I interrupted every one of her pitches during my rant.

Hal-9000
03-29-2019, 06:19 PM
Says they work for Android phones too, huh :-k

Hal-9000
03-29-2019, 06:55 PM
Matthew Reilly is pretty good too: http://matthewreilly.com/the-novels/

Thanks Lance, I picked up a couple of his ebooks yesterday :thumbsup:

cough *that mobilism site can be a trial* cough

Pony
03-29-2019, 07:14 PM
So... Just stopped at Subway for lunch/dinner, The kid there I think was high as a kite. At least I hope he was. Moving like molasses and talking like he had a mouthful of cock that he was afraid to spit out. Anyway the convo went like this.

Him: blank stare.

Me: I'll have a footlong meatball sub.

Him: blank stare slowly coming into focus

Me (a little louder): I'll have a footlong meatball sub.

Him:"...footlong meatb.... toasted?"

No.

Him:"What kind of cheese?"

American.

Him:"um...Toasted?"

No.

*starts to make the sub, I noticed he is motioning to the sandwich with the spoon, he's counting the 4 meatballs he already has on the bread. (footlong is 8 total), Gets to 6 meatballs, stops and counts again. Puts two more meatballs on, counts again. At this point I realize his lips are moving every time he counts. :lol: Double checks, yep. 8.

Him: "what kind of cheese?"

American.

Him: "toasted"

No. And nothing else on it.

*gets to register, rings it, doesn't say another word. Just stares blankly at the counter.

I decided that I'd pay with my card so I wouldn't have to count cash out 8 times. Although I probably could have told him "I gave you $100" and gotten $165 back.

#Fightfor$15

Hal-9000
03-29-2019, 07:17 PM
So... Just stopped at Subway for lunch/dinner, The kid there I think was high as a kite. At least I hope he was. Moving like molasses and talking like he had a mouthful of cock that he was afraid to spit out. Anyway the convo went like this.

Him: blank stare.

Me: I'll have a footlong meatball sub.

Him: blank stare slowly coming into focus

Me (a little louder): I'll have a footlong meatball sub.

Him:"...footlong meatb.... toasted?"

No.

Him:"What kind of cheese?"

American.

Him:"um...Toasted?"

No.

*starts to make the sub, I noticed he is motioning to the sandwich with the spoon, he's counting the 4 meatballs he already has on the bread. (footlong is 8 total), Gets to 6 meatballs, stops and counts again. Puts two more meatballs on, counts again. At this point I realize his lips are moving every time he counts. :lol: Double checks, yep. 8.

Him: "what kind of cheese?"

American.

Him: "toasted"

No. And nothing else on it.

*gets to register, rings it, doesn't say another word. Just stares blankly at the counter.

I decided that I'd pay with my card so I wouldn't have to count cash out 8 times. Although I probably could have told him "I gave you $100" and gotten $165 back.

#Fightfor$15

Toasted...yes he was :lol:

I find that some immigrants tend to do that stare thing rather than speak. I just wait it out and say nothing :lol:

Pony
03-29-2019, 07:26 PM
I've seen that too, at least immigrants make eye contact. This was a white guy, probably early 20's, with a beard. Not a care in the world. His eyes were clear, so either eye drops or he was on something else.

Right before, I stopped at Walmart, (not realizing it was take your grandkids to Walmart day). Anyway, I kept hearing a water bottle hit the floor, round the corner of an aisle and find FIVE employees there flipping a bottle in the air trying to get it to land upright.

#Maybeifwepaythesepeoplemoretheywillworkharder

Godfather
03-30-2019, 03:05 AM
Says they work for Android phones too, huh :-k

You know, they look a bit goofy, but I got my wife a pair because she loves apple shit... and they're slick. They connect almost instantly, the battery life (compared to my two sets of bluetooth headphones I have for commuting and the gym) is ridiculously good between the headphones themselves and the case. She only charges them maybe twice a week, and they're tiny enough to fit in your pocket (without the usual magical tangle from the 4th dimension that wire headphones get). I bet you'll really like them if you're keeping them. Biggest downside as an Android user would be that now you'll need a second type of charging cable because Apple has to be a special flower with the lightning cable :roll:

KevinD
03-30-2019, 04:40 AM
Well...okay, just had a conversation with my aunt on social media.never, ever thought I'd say some of those things to anyone. Some of us here are close, as far as not irl goes, but, I'd NEVER mention some of that here. I think, perhaps, once she gets over the shock she may still love me, and accept who I was, but damn....I thought I'd take some of that to the grave..

someone here was closer than they thought as to who I was, but, oh so far away.

RBP
03-30-2019, 11:33 AM
Well...okay, just had a conversation with my aunt on social media.never, ever thought I'd say some of those things to anyone. Some of us here are close, as far as not irl goes, but, I'd NEVER mention some of that here. I think, perhaps, once she gets over the shock she may still love me, and accept who I was, but damn....I thought I'd take some of that to the grave..

That was cryptic as fuck. Now I think you're the Russian that Trump colluded with.

DemonGeminiX
03-30-2019, 12:29 PM
:-k

I'm thinking it may have been a drunk night for Kevin.

RBP
03-30-2019, 12:50 PM

I'm thinking it may have been a drunk night for Kevin.

FriYay!

Hal-9000
03-30-2019, 02:24 PM

Canadian judge estimates 7.9 beers for that post.

Hal-9000
03-30-2019, 02:25 PM
Found out my cool iphone airpods are really a knock off brand. And they suck :sad2:

KevinD
03-30-2019, 03:47 PM
I was definitely drunk, lol. But, the post is still true. Hal is off though...more like 7.9 whiskeys, after 8 beers. I haven't been that lit in years. Was fun though.

Hal-9000
03-30-2019, 04:07 PM
I was definitely drunk, lol. But, the post is still true. Hal is off though...more like 7.9 whiskeys, after 8 beers. I haven't been that lit in years. Was fun though.

I'm still trying to translate...you had a convo with your aunt, and you mentioned some intensely personal things?

I find I've been doing that lately with some of my Dad's old friends when talking to them on the phone. And I'm straight while doing it :oops:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-30-2019, 04:12 PM
I'm still trying to translate...you had a convo with your aunt, and you mentioned some intensely personal things?

I find I've been doing that lately with some of my Dad's old friends when talking to them on the phone. And I'm straight while doing it :oops:Yeah, "straight" :rolleyes:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-30-2019, 04:12 PM
Found out my cool iphone airpods are really a knock off brand. And they suck :sad2::giggle:

Hal-9000
03-30-2019, 04:22 PM
:giggle:

Christ man it's like trying to figure out nuclear reactor codes :lol:

First, charge up the charger. (with or without earbuds in it?)

When the red light on charger stops blinking, it's ready to charge earbuds.

One earbud may be red and one may be blue when sitting in the charger, depending on individual charge within.

When every *&(&^! light is blue, you are now ready to pair the earbuds to your phone.

Hold down both buttons on earbuds for 5.3 to 10.9 seconds simultaneously. They will both start flashing red, then blue.

Then hold only one button down on an earbud, to make it only blink one color.

Then open the bluetooth function on phone (if the bluetooth function was on during the previous steps, ha-ha! now it won't work and you must start over).

Phone will recognize both earbuds, make two listings and good luck choosing one to connect. It will be the wrong one no matter what. Start over.

Finally, I got the ^^%$! earbuds recognized by phone, sound is okay but not great and the earbuds are about 300% larger that the iPhone versions they're based on.

Ears hurt after listening 20 minutes :( Take them out.

Hal-9000
03-30-2019, 04:35 PM
Yeah, "straight" :rolleyes:

I'm always straight while doing it :x

Hal-9000
03-30-2019, 04:47 PM
comment about Cardi B from the net:

Who is this idiot and why do we care?

She makes music for people that wash paper plates.

KevinD
03-30-2019, 04:59 PM

I find I've been doing that lately with some of my Dad's old friends when talking to them on the phone. And I'm straight while doing it :oops:

Ah, yes, the conversations was on social media. I was very drunk (not a good idea, I know) I informed her of some (most) of my less than stellar qualities, and previous actions.

DemonGeminiX
03-31-2019, 02:39 PM
Mark Hamill's voicing Chucky in the Child's Play remake.

Hal-9000
03-31-2019, 05:32 PM
Siegfried and Roy's tiger handler finally revealed there was more behind the attack on Roy than previously released.

The story was Roy suffered a stroke during the performance and Mantecore the tiger somehow sensed his distress and was trying to save him.

Trainer now says Roy wasn't doing the correct movements, regular cues with the tiger and it confused the animal. It bit him on the neck releasing a massive amount of blood that caused the stroke to occur later.

Hal-9000
03-31-2019, 05:35 PM
So Bollywood is going to remake Forrest Gump.

Life is like a box of curry? :-s

DemonGeminiX
03-31-2019, 08:28 PM
I was gonna search for something on the web and completely forgot what it was.

DemonGeminiX
03-31-2019, 11:06 PM
I still can't remember what I wanted to search for. It's starting to piss me off.

Pony
04-01-2019, 12:42 AM
I still can't remember what I wanted to search for. It's starting to piss me off.

Don't worry, you'll wake up at 3AM and remember.

RBP
04-01-2019, 02:49 AM
I was gonna search for something on the web and completely forgot what it was.

Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwDSDDQVJeI

Griffin
04-01-2019, 02:54 AM

Teh One Who Knocks
04-01-2019, 09:54 AM
Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwDSDDQVJeI

:hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqWwsUhrFBw

DemonGeminiX
04-01-2019, 11:28 AM
Shit, the ball bearing cover on my caster came off. Hopefully I can put it back on and I won't need to waste $50 for a new set of casters.

Dammit. This always pops up at the most inopportune times. I hate messing with ball bearings. Where's my silicone spray at?

:meh:

DemonGeminiX
04-01-2019, 03:09 PM
https://snake.googlemaps.com/?utm_source=search_promo&utm_medium=google_com

Hal-9000
04-01-2019, 03:15 PM
My twisted sister arrived for a visit last night :)

And of course today the toilet is running/not filling up properly. There are two screws on the assembly in the tank...A and B...and they determine the water level and the rate water flows back in.

And of course it's a fucking mystical relationship to get them exactly right so enough water comes in and conversely so your water meter doesn't constantly run after :x

Teh One Who Knocks
04-01-2019, 03:19 PM

And of course today the toilet is running/not filling up properly. There are two screws on the assembly in the tank...A and B...and they determine the water level and the rate water flows back in.

And of course it's a fucking mystical relationship to get them exactly right so enough water comes in and conversely so your water meter doesn't constantly run after :x

Sounds like it might be your Johnson Rod, might need a plumber :-k

DemonGeminiX
04-01-2019, 03:21 PM
It's April Fool's Day.

Pony
04-01-2019, 03:23 PM

#Firstworldproblems

I just spent the weekend checking on my island place to see how it survived the winter, water isn't even on yet.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-01-2019, 03:23 PM
It's April Fool's Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aTLyXzHm-M

DemonGeminiX
04-01-2019, 03:27 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/04/01/its-april-fools-day-heres-s-updating-depressing-comprehensive-list-pranks-hoaxes/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.c206c5882084

Hal-9000
04-01-2019, 03:39 PM
#Firstworldproblems

I just spent the weekend checking on my island place to see how it survived the winter, water isn't even on yet.

I fixed/replaced parts in the upstairs toilet last year around this time.

Toilet down here is a real pain in the ass because it's two adjustment screws that dictate flow rate and level of water, then running to the water meter every time to see if it's still moving :x

Pony
04-01-2019, 03:45 PM
I fixed/replaced parts in the upstairs toilet last year around this time.

Toilet down here is a real pain in the ass because it's two adjustment screws that dictate flow rate and level of water, then running to the water meter every time to see if it's still moving :x

I feel your pain, I fixed 4 toilets at work last week. Lots of plumbing related problems this year as we fired up houses for the season.

Worst one was the one I replaced the Fluidmaster in, not typically an issue but someone took the hose off my little wet vac I use to suck the remaining water out of the tank. I ended up just dumping the water into a towel. 36 degrees outside, 45 in the house. I really didn't wanna get wet.

Hal-9000
04-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Enough of this crap, we're going shopping :dance:

see you in a bit

fricnjay
04-01-2019, 04:32 PM
Its April 1st and I think the weather is doing an April Fools joke. Its 43 degrees in Texas in Spring. :huh:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 10:03 AM
:tumble:

Goofy
04-02-2019, 11:19 AM
:tumble:
:beatdown:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 11:19 AM
:beatdown:

:x

Goofy
04-02-2019, 11:20 AM
:dance2:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Numpty :roll:

Goofy
04-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Numpty :roll:
Where? :-k

DemonGeminiX
04-02-2019, 11:26 AM
I fixed the front casters but I went ahead and bought a pair anyway, just in case. If I have to mess with ball bearings, then it usually doesn't bode well.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 11:37 AM
I fixed the front casters but I went ahead and bought a pair anyway, just in case. If I have to mess with ball bearings, then it usually doesn't bode well.

Don't they make casters with sealed bearings? :-k

DemonGeminiX
04-02-2019, 11:49 AM
Don't they make casters with sealed bearings? :-k

They are sealed. But they're so low to the ground that they pick up dirt and hair real easily, and the junk gets inside. Before you know it, the seal's popped out and the bearings are exposed. If I can get to it before the bearings start popping out, then I can clean them, lubricate them, and reseal them. But they're small and frequently shit goes wrong before I even notice it.

DemonGeminiX
04-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Hold up. These aren't sealed. You have to buy those separately. And they're expensive. It's too early in the morning.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 11:56 AM
I was gonna say, if they are sealed but still getting contaminated, then there's a problem with the bearings.

DemonGeminiX
04-02-2019, 12:04 PM
Yeah the sealed ones cost about the same amount as replacing the entire caster wheel, as far as I can find. I suppose it would save money over the long haul, but since they're small, like 7/8" on the outer diameter, they're a pain in the ass to get out and get in the caster hub. I suppose I could get some and put them in as a project to save money for the future.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Sometimes convenience is worth more than saving a few buck really.

DemonGeminiX
04-02-2019, 12:06 PM
But then again, I'd have to replace the casters anyway, as the tires on them deteriorate. Either way I'm gonna be spending the money.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 12:07 PM
Exactly, more convenient just to change the whole thing.

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 01:59 PM
got a plumber coming in today, hopefully we don't get raped

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 02:02 PM
got a plumber coming in today, hopefully we don't get raped

https://i.imgur.com/UU9592t.jpg

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 02:04 PM
:sad2: right in the pooper

:dance:

RBP
04-02-2019, 02:08 PM
I need a new suit because I've lost weight. When did they change the suit categories?

Not making this up. The new suit categories: Skinny Fit, Slim Fit, Modern Fit, and Classic. Of course the only category I would consider is Classic, but guess which category has only a few options? Yup.

Fucking Millennials ruin everything.

RBP
04-02-2019, 02:08 PM
:sad2: right in the pooper

:dance:

:rimshot:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 02:09 PM
I need a new suit because I've lost weight. When did they change the suit categories?

Not making this up. The new suit categories: Skinny Fit, Slim Fit, Modern Fit, and Classic. Of course the only category I would consider is Classic, but guess which category has only a few options? Yup.

Fucking Millennials ruin everything.

Can you have the suit you own now altered?

RBP
04-02-2019, 02:21 PM
Can you have the suit you own now altered?

I'm not sure, but it would cost almost as much as a new suit. I'm down 4 inches in the waist.

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 02:22 PM
I'm not sure, but it would cost almost as much as a new suit. I'm down 4 inches in the waist.

Sucks about needing the suit but good job man!

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 02:23 PM
*googles Buffalo Bill*

8-[

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 02:24 PM
*googles Buffalo Bill*

8-[

RBP
04-02-2019, 02:25 PM
:facepalm:

http://i65.tinypic.com/10wl0tt.jpg

RBP
04-02-2019, 02:26 PM
*googles Buffalo Bill*

8-[

Suit made from skin.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 02:27 PM
I take it this is the first time you've seen this new 'fashion trend' for suits :rofl:

There's worse out there :|

RBP
04-02-2019, 02:28 PM
First time I've seen it at a normal retail store. :|

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 02:29 PM

*suit from OTHER people's skin*

:thumbsup:

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 02:30 PM
First time I've seen it at a normal retail store. :|

ffs what are the new styles called...WR?

*white/racist

RBP
04-02-2019, 02:31 PM
I think I am going to puke.

https://i.imgur.com/9Aao1jl.jpg?1

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 02:34 PM
we used to beat up those band guys in high school

Muddy
04-02-2019, 02:37 PM
it's a suit made for Easter..!

RBP
04-02-2019, 02:39 PM
it's a suit made for Easter..!

The style is called "light in the loafers".

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 02:42 PM

old dude I worked with used that expression :lol:

and he would call a guy with long hair and beard - Creepin Jesus.

Hey, check out Creeping Jesus over there :lol:

fricnjay
04-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Allergens SUCK. :meh:

Allergens Forecast for this week.
https://i.imgur.com/7RFWMhd.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 02:49 PM

There's so many styles like that out there now :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 02:50 PM
https://www.thetrendspotter.net/guide-to-mens-shirt-tie-and-suit-combinations/

Here ya go RBP, this should help you pick out something :rofl:

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 02:54 PM

Christ I'm out of the fashion loop but that would be called fashion-goodwill a few years ago...

RBP
04-02-2019, 02:55 PM

Muddy
04-02-2019, 03:07 PM

Honestly?

RBP
04-02-2019, 03:10 PM
Honestly?

https://i.imgur.com/Tg5RbU3.jpg

Muddy
04-02-2019, 03:11 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Tg5RbU3.jpg

Gotcha.. I had to look that one up, BTW.. :d

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 05:09 PM
plumber is here...sounds like a really cool guy. 49.99 to have a look and do the estimate....not 130/hr while he dicks around with it trying to find the problem :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 05:12 PM
plumber is here...sounds like a really cool guy. 49.99 to have a look and do the estimate....not 130/hr while he dicks around with it trying to find the problem :thumbsup:

That's what he told you :giggle:

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 05:14 PM
That's what he told you :giggle:

stop! :x I'm really nervous about this...could be millions according to some horror show plumber stories I've heard :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 05:23 PM
stop! :x I'm really nervous about this...could be millions according to some horror show plumber stories I've heard :lol:

I'm sure it will be fine, plumbers have never been known to take advantage of people :)

:shifty:

KevinD
04-02-2019, 07:45 PM
Well, that's weeding and yard work done for the day. Gonna have a couple beers, take a shower and mebbe work on guitar stuff. Gotta new looper to figure out.

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 07:52 PM
I'm sure it will be fine, plumbers have never been known to take advantage of people :)

:shifty:

700 all in, new toilet fully installed with labor, GST and 50 dollar estimate fee and 10 dollar shop supplies fee. 2 year warranty.

He's almost done :shock:

Pony
04-02-2019, 11:41 PM
700 all in, new toilet fully installed with labor, GST and 50 dollar estimate fee and 10 dollar shop supplies fee. 2 year warranty.

He's almost done :shock:

What the hell did you eat that made him have to replace the entire toilet?

Muddy
04-03-2019, 12:02 AM
Ouch..700 for a toilet..? It better be like comfort height and Toto or something..

KevinD
04-03-2019, 12:07 AM
I dunno, doesn't sound that bad to me. $700 Canadian is around $525 us. A good toilet is about $200 us, plus labor, time to get toilet and install. Seems about right. That said, I do my own, but let's see, round trip on the clock, 2hrs, materials about $225, install about an hour. Disposing of old toilet, another hour...

Muddy
04-03-2019, 12:09 AM
Yeah he didn't get raped, but I feel like in my neck of the woods I would have been 400 to 500 for a really good brand

RBP
04-03-2019, 03:13 AM
Found a very nice suit on the clearance rack at JCP. Michael Strahan collection. $360 tag price. Paid $100 with tax. Fits great.

Godfather
04-03-2019, 07:38 AM
That's a great price.

Reminds me, I should mention this. There's this great guy named Ken who has a company in Bangkok (he's Indian oddly, I keep meaning to ask how his family ended up in Thailand) called Lucky & Oscar. Similar model to Indochino but much better quality. He comes to town once or twice a year and goes all over the US and Europe as well. He'll show up at your office or you can go to him, and he measures you up for a custom made suit. Anyone who's been to Asia know how cheap the tailors work for there. You get a tailored suit that fits exactly how you like it to for about $400-600 Canadian depending on the quality of materials, his catalogue of materials and options is massive, and if there are any issues he'll pay for the alterations. Custom dress shirts are $40-60 and he does sports coats and jackets too, plus he keeps your measurements so you can always order more. You c an check out their website and get on the mailing list to find out when he's in your town, and he won't spam email you . Highly recommend if anyone needs a new suit and doesn't have luck with off-the-rack suits like me.

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2019, 10:17 AM
Netflix is going up again.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2019, 11:37 AM
Security/OS update for Android this morning and now everything on my phone has changed. :|

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2019, 11:38 AM
Found a very nice suit on the clearance rack at JCP. Michael Strahan collection. $360 tag price. Paid $100 with tax. Fits great.

What was wrong with the Deion Sanders Collection? :-s

https://i.imgur.com/57sh5UF.jpg

RBP
04-03-2019, 11:40 AM
Security/OS update for Android this morning and now everything on my phone has changed. :|

I didn't get a notification. You must be special.

RBP
04-03-2019, 11:42 AM
What was wrong with the Deion Sanders Collection? :-s

https://i.imgur.com/57sh5UF.jpg

Pimpin ain't easy.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2019, 11:42 AM
I didn't get a notification. You must be special.

I got it this morning when I woke up. Wife had it happen months ago and we're on the same carrier/plan.

RBP
04-03-2019, 11:47 AM
I got it this morning when I woke up. Wife had it happen months ago and we're on the same carrier/plan.

Different phone models?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2019, 11:48 AM
Different phone models?

Yeah, she has an S9 and I have an S8.

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2019, 11:57 AM
My S5's not being updated anymore. Samsung stopped making batteries for them too. Forced obsolescence.

Cocksuckers.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2019, 12:24 PM
My S5's not being updated anymore. Samsung stopped making batteries for them too. Forced obsolescence.

Cocksuckers.

Well, that phone is a little over 5 years old now (since it came out) and they're up to the S10 now so yeah, I doubt they would give it much support any more :lol:

RBP
04-03-2019, 12:29 PM
Yeah, she has an S9 and I have an S8.

The roll out updates, so that makes sense.

Hal-9000
04-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Yeah he didn't get raped, but I feel like in my neck of the woods I would have been 400 to 500 for a really good brand

I dunno, doesn't sound that bad to me. $700 Canadian is around $525 us. A good toilet is about $200 us, plus labor, time to get toilet and install. Seems about right. That said, I do my own, but let's see, round trip on the clock, 2hrs, materials about $225, install about an hour. Disposing of old toilet, another hour...

Not sure if it's a good brand...it does work well though and use less water. On the invoice they list the job as one price, 659 for full toilet install (including flange extender kit, braided hoses etc) and yes they did remove the old toilet. The guy was here from 11 to after 2. He also did a full inspection on all plumbed items in the house/hot water tank, and estimates for the two things he recommended from that. We asked him for estimates on about five other things and he did those as well.

Hal-9000
04-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Have the annual meeting about my Mom at her place this morning.

I've got a real Negan beard going so I have to change my appearance :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Not sure if it's a good brand...it does work well though and use less water. On the invoice they list the job as one price, 659 for full toilet install (including flange extender kit, braided hoses etc) and yes they did remove the old toilet. The guy was here from 11 to after 2. He also did a full inspection on all plumbed items in the house/hot water tank, and estimates for the two things he recommended from that. We asked him for estimates on about five other things and he did those as well.

Not sure if this is worth what you paid for it, but if you think this is a good toilet, then that's all that matters :)

https://i.imgur.com/AYtUhlx.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Have the annual meeting about my Mom at her place this morning.

I've got a real Negan beard going so I have to change my appearance :-s

Why? That way they will know you mean business when you say something :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
04-03-2019, 01:48 PM

Cocksuckers.

Well, that phone is a little over 5 years old now (since it came out) and they're up to the S10 now so yeah, I doubt they would give it much support any more :lol:

The roll out updates, so that makes sense.

I have a huawei phone and due to our relationship with the Chinese after doing that favor for the Americans, I may not get a huawei phone again.

Because we held their CEO in custody, China has decided to not buy our canola anymore. They were our biggest customer for the crop.

Hal-9000
04-03-2019, 01:49 PM
Why? That way they will know you mean business when you say something :thumbsup:

Maybe I should bring a baseball bat :-k

Hal-9000
04-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Not sure if this is worth what you paid for it, but if you think this is a good toilet, then that's all that matters :)

The shut off valve from the wall to the toilet became leaky after we turned it possibly for the first time since the toilet was installed...pre-80's ffs :lol: The fixture is almost 40 years old and I guess the rubber O ring or whatever eventually breaks down inside the valve.

He gets the toilet installed no problem but I still see a slight leak from the shut off tap. Call him back, he returns last night after his last job around 7 pm. New valve installation is estimated at another 279 (he didn't break it, it was leaking slightly when we turned it for the first time since the Ark was built). So I'm not happy and making noise and he somehow tightened the shit out of the valve/pipe assembly and now it's not leaking at all. :thumbsup:

RBP
04-03-2019, 02:58 PM
:facepalm: For all the years I have done my own networking and cable installs, I ordered a cable modem without built in WIFI.

The Target run will be a walk of shame. I may self-flagellate.

But I went from 16 to 176 Mbps.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2019, 03:01 PM
:facepalm: For all the years I have done my own networking and cable installs, I ordered a cable modem without built in WIFI.

:empathy:

Goofy
04-03-2019, 03:49 PM

N00b

8-[

RBP
04-03-2019, 03:54 PM
N00b

8-[

:sad2:

https://i.imgur.com/lW6fLYD.jpg?1

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2019, 05:03 PM
I gotta run.

Hal-9000
04-03-2019, 08:06 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Aq279xM.gif

Hey man I started out in the pc world by building computers around 2003. And my knowledge base has stopped firmly at 2010 :oops: I don't know any of the new tech or networking. I still have a hardlined modem/router going into the wall for my home network. It provides housewide wifi and TV if I want that but I didn't install any of it.

Hal-9000
04-03-2019, 08:25 PM
So my Mom's care meeting went well. Me and the sister were there, brother called in from BC. We sit with the floor's doctor, on call nurse, dietician, someone from occupational therapy and a social worker. They each give us an update from their specific department.

I normally bring my sense of humor and today I was asking some great stuff, making everyone laugh (according to my sis) and then I had to ask about the protocol about what happens when my Mom dies.

I'm explaining about being there when my Dad passed away and what steps I had to take for the medical examiner/funeral home etc.

Midsentence my voice totally cracks, tears start streaming down my face and I can't finish the thought. My sister starts blubbering because she's a suck and I hear the ladies saying - awww, it's okay hal :(

I look right at the doctor and exclaim loudly - And I really need you to write me a prescription for these damn allergies!!! :x

:lol: saved whatever was left of my shredded dignity.

Hal-9000
04-03-2019, 08:30 PM

I just finished unclogging the downstairs bathroom sink. It was really slow and I removed the P joint, took out the stopper and cleaned everything up well. Plumber had quoted 100 bucks to snake a clogged pipe and I used rags/coat hanger/elbow grease :thumbsup:

The worst part about cleaning the pipes in that sink, is the stopper - pull up dealy arrangement. What a stupid engineering idea that was. I still can't get it back to where when I pull up the dealy, the plug stays down.

it's reeeeeeal clean tho :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 09:57 AM
I just finished unclogging the downstairs bathroom sink. It was really slow and I removed the P joint, took out the stopper and cleaned everything up well. Plumber had quoted 100 bucks to snake a clogged pipe and I used rags/coat hanger/elbow grease :thumbsup:

The worst part about cleaning the pipes in that sink, is the stopper - pull up dealy arrangement. What a stupid engineering idea that was. I still can't get it back to where when I pull up the dealy, the plug stays down.

it's reeeeeeal clean tho :tup:

https://i.imgur.com/x5wDN1Kl.jpg

RBP
04-04-2019, 02:10 PM
I ended up installing a dual-band router. Boy am I glad I did. I have tried since we moved here to use dynamic switching, even moved the router to different positions, because the interference in this building is so bad. It's not like it's a big apartment nor a big building. It's been fairly baffling and frustrating.

My wife tried her Mac at 2.4ghz in the living room and got about 26mbps. I had her to switch to the 5ghz signal and it jumped to 80mbps! My desktop was at 32 and jumped to 90 when I switched to 5ghz. So it's definitely signal and building interference. The wired speed is about 170.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 02:17 PM
I ended up installing a dual-band router. Boy am I glad I did. I have tried since we moved here to use dynamic switching, even moved the router to different positions, because the interference in this building is so bad. It's not like it's a big apartment nor a big building. It's been fairly baffling and frustrating.

My wife tried her Mac at 2.4ghz in the living room and got about 26mbps. I had her to switch to the 5ghz signal and it jumped to 80mbps! My desktop was at 32 and jumped to 90 when I switched to 5ghz. So it's definitely signal and building interference. The wired speed is about 170.

So many things run on that 2.4 signal, that's why it's usually so hideous and so much interference. It's definitely best if you can run on the 5 gHz if you can, as you now know.

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 02:36 PM

Hang the router OUTSIDE the building, duh.

regards,
He who knows little

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 02:43 PM
Just started the prep on a crockpot roast :yumyum:

*just need to wait until my sister has chopped up most of the vegetables...and then appear asking - Hey, you need some help :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 02:45 PM
:patriarchy:

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 02:51 PM
I just told her she's right where a woman should be.

She says where?

I replied - At the sink cutting up vegetables IN THE KITCHEN!

I'm hiding downstairs now :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Why is it when software/hardware gets "updated", whether it's for your smartphone or your PC or whatever, it seems like they just change things for the sake of changing things? :|

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 02:54 PM
I should go help her for a few minutes....gotta sear the meat.

brb in 20 minutes

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 03:42 PM
3lb roast and all the veggies and seasonings into the pool!

8 hours from now, the meat will be complete :wank:

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Unbelievable. The power company is behind my house right now taking down the lines and replacing the behemoth power poles that have been there since I was a kid.

They have three trucks set up behind my garage and have a little shop set up on the ground to make things.

We got a letter last week saying if any crews are going to impeded your travel in the alley, they will notify with advanced warning.

I GOTTA go out and open my garage door right now and display my WTF look. This is going to be great :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 03:56 PM
Damn interloper [-(

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 04:17 PM

I'm an ass

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 04:22 PM
I sneak out to the garage, open the large door and stand there with an expression on my face like a kid who didn't get what he wanted at Christmas.

There are no fewer than eight guys working. Two in a bucket way up on the pole, two on the ground cutting and fixing lines, four moving the various lines across two trucks.

They all look at me and one guy comes running over apologizing :lol: And I say - Dude, my sister has an important appointment to go to, wtf???

He looks REAL sad and says - We should of notified you. We can move two of the trucks (you'd have to see the work area...it's immense) if you have to leave :( :( :(

Dude is not happy. I say I'll check with my sister. Go back out there and tell him we've made other arrangements, you guys are good! :thumbsup:

I think he was going to hug me :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 04:29 PM
:facepalm:

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 04:31 PM
If I had a job or an appointment, these posts would have an entirely different tone.

and in other news...the crockpot roast smells wondrous already :yumyum:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 04:35 PM
Is it done yet? :-s

DemonGeminiX
04-04-2019, 04:36 PM
If I had a job or an appointment, these posts would have an entirely different tone.

and in other news...the crockpot roast smells wondrous already :yumyum:

Until you lose power because of the guys outside and the crockpot shuts off.

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 04:41 PM
Until you lose power because of the guys outside and the crockpot shuts off.

You should see it. They are somehow taking all lines on the power pole off...and then transferring them to a new pole without dropping them or hopefully hitting buildings.

And yes the crockpot and computer and lights etc are all being powered by the line from my house that is now sagging and resting over a cross line about 30 feet up :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-04-2019, 04:49 PM
We'll know what happened if your online light by your username goes dark for an hour. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 05:04 PM
I'm ready to fall asleep :sleepy:

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 05:05 PM
It really is amazing. There's a f-ton of lines on that pole and they don't disconnect or cut any of them. While they bring down the pole they're attached to and erect a new one :wank:

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 05:07 PM
I'm ready to fall asleep :sleepy:

I have the gas company coming today to inspect the furnace, no naps for me.

And oh joy look at that, Discovery is on tonight. My pending excitement could be measured in....microscopic increments :|

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 05:07 PM
It really is amazing. There's a f-ton of lines on that pole and they don't disconnect or cut any of them. While they bring down the pole they're attached to and erect a new one :wank:

:ghey:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 05:08 PM
I have the gas company coming today to inspect the furnace, no naps for me.

And oh joy look at that, Discovery is on tonight. My pending excitement could be measured in....microscopic increments :|

I won't get to watch it until this weekend. Just think, it's building up to an exciting finish with just 3 episodes left :tup:

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 05:08 PM
:ghey:

8 big strong handsome menz erecting poles and getting sweaty :wank:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 05:13 PM
8 big strong handsome menz erecting poles and getting sweaty :wank:

:snapout:

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 05:20 PM
I should open the garage door again...then shout JUST KIDDING! :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 05:21 PM
I should open the garage door again...then shout JUST KIDDING! :dance:

:snapout:

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 05:22 PM
shit...guy was just here. Power will be shut off for 20 minutes.

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 05:46 PM
That was hilarious. DGX makes his post about the power being turned off and three things happen simultaneously:

Land line rings - gas company on their way

my cell phone alarm goes off - time to put onions and garlic in crockpot

back door bell rings - power guys says they need to turn the power off for about 20 minutes (they dropped our house line to the ground, then hooked it up again to the cross lines in the alley)

I tell the power guy he can't turn it off because I'm on the net looking at boobies - he thought that was great :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 05:51 PM
:shakehead:

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 06:05 PM
What...things all happened at once and I feared for my dinner's life :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 06:11 PM
Just put it in the microwave to finish it :-s

Hal-9000
04-04-2019, 06:16 PM
Just put it in the microwave to finish it :-s

Hey Steak Pan-Fry boy...we don't murder the meat, after murdering the meat up here.

I use the microwave to explode little men I make out of hot dogs :face:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2019, 06:23 PM
If you watch any cooking shows, they show that the way to cook a steak, if you can't get it on a grill, is to do it in a cast iron pan :facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
04-05-2019, 01:51 AM
Well, that's not very fair. Not surprising, but still not very fair.

Hal-9000
04-05-2019, 03:05 PM
Sister is going to stay at her friend's house tonight...last day with her :(

We're going shopping this morning for food (fuck am I fat this week).

She helped me take down the Christmas lights yesterday. Well, she stood at the bottom of the ladder while I threw down the light sections :lol:

Not used to having help with anything or someone to make coffee for in the morning. I'm going to miss her.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-05-2019, 03:07 PM
How was dinner last night? As good as it smelled?

Hal-9000
04-05-2019, 03:12 PM
How was dinner last night? As good as it smelled?

Oh man it was divine. Since there's only a baseline on how to do a crockpot roast (and a person really can't screw it up..) I love the randomness of being able to throw almost anything you want into it.

We had lots of vegetables, lots of onion and garlic cloves (sister chopped up 12 cloves because we're related :lol: ) and I used a combo of packaged gravy mix, flour, some Saskatchewan Steak Seasoning my Dad had...and it turned out awesome :yumyum:

Cheaper cut of meat and it turned out super tender because you know...eight hours on high in a crockpot will make even the most stubborn piece of meat submit :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Yup, can't beat a crockpot, they are awesome :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
04-05-2019, 03:27 PM
I gotta head out for about an hour

brb

Hal-9000
04-05-2019, 07:23 PM
Going to spend some time with my sis. Have a happy Friday everyone :thumbsup:

Muddy
04-07-2019, 02:47 PM
White boy, UVA, Clutch Mfcka..!

http://i63.tinypic.com/nda2wi.jpg

DemonGeminiX
04-07-2019, 05:34 PM
If I don't stop looking at this junk, I'm gonna end up buying it. Goodbye, Ebay.

Pony
04-07-2019, 06:56 PM
If I don't stop looking at this junk, I'm gonna end up buying it. Goodbye, Ebay.

I'm doing the same thing on Home Depot and Menards websites. Need to get out and do yardwork instead.

RBP
04-07-2019, 08:12 PM
I went to the ghetto Walmart not far from home because they had something listed at a ridiculously low price. Probably an error, but I thought I'd check. The store is packed, 99% POC, and I am trying to find the item, with no luck. I get weird looks in that store anyway, but today was a lot of stink eye and disdain. Then I started laughing. A middle aged white dude in that store wondering around with an empty cart. :-k They pegged me as a Narc! :lol:

(They didn't have it by the way)

Griffin
04-07-2019, 08:53 PM
You should have tilted your head slightly and said into your pocket, "Yeah they're here, bring in the K9s."

DemonGeminiX
04-07-2019, 09:05 PM

RBP
04-08-2019, 02:50 AM
I heard today that the average American watches 4 hours of TV a day. Really? :shock:

RBP
04-08-2019, 02:55 AM
You now have to be 21 to buy cigarettes in Illinois.

In other news, you can go to war and vote at 18.