PDA

View Full Version : Post what you are thinking at this very moment

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 06:18 PM
I'm suddenly very tired and have hit the wall today :|

Less Game of Thrones posts, more work! :x

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2019, 06:21 PM
Less Game of Thrones posts, more work! :x

Dracarys! :x

Hal-9000
05-13-2019, 06:22 PM
*rings bell* 8-[

RBP
05-14-2019, 05:16 AM
and you should clam up.

:dance:

https://i.imgur.com/fqMpvYm.png?1

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Hey Lance I forgot to mention.

I always appreciate culture tips when it comes to shows or books.

But that Matthew Reilly guy is a horrible writer :lol:

He admittedly writes 'action' stories and I read three of his books. There won't be a fourth :hand:

Every story features the same huge, tall central spire structure and then inevitably bridges or support structures.

And two of the stories featured contests with multiple foes against the main protagonist.

I thought James Rollins was bad :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 06:12 PM
:dunno:

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 06:13 PM
There's a thank you in there, really :lol:

didn't mean to be a dick

Hal-9000
05-14-2019, 06:14 PM
I have to go, be cool Yul

Teh One Who Knocks
05-14-2019, 06:14 PM
It's okay, not a big deal :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 11:41 AM
The long days of Shockley are gone
So is football Kennedy style
Famous last words taken all wrong
Wind up on the very same pile
Two-fifty for a decade
And a buck and half for a year happy hour
Happy hour, happy hour is here

DemonGeminiX
05-15-2019, 02:12 PM
Well, it's been 3 days since I sent an email to Ruby Tuesday detailing my disappointment with their service, and I have yet to get a response. The fucking cowards.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 02:18 PM
Well, it's been 3 days since I sent an email to Ruby Tuesday detailing my disappointment with their service, and I have yet to get a response. The fucking cowards.

Do you have an account on Yelp? I know that a lot of whiners post on Yelp, but the one time I posted a detailed and bad review of the service we had (and I rarely post bad reviews, mostly just good ones when I do rarely post one) I got a response from the corporate manager within 48 hours.

DemonGeminiX
05-15-2019, 02:22 PM
Nope, don't have one. Maybe I should.

:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 02:25 PM
It can't hurt to try :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 02:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/aumugQG.png

That's the review I wrote that got me a pretty quick response. And our experience was worse than I can express in words. :lol:

Hal-9000
05-15-2019, 02:34 PM
Sounds to me like y'all were a bunch of drinkers and shouldn't have harassed that nice waitress. You came at a bad time!

:lol:

Sounds horrible Lance and the 'rejected tip' part was the icing on the cake.

You want to really alienate customers? - Don't bring them the regular things that come with meals like sauces etc and make them ask.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 02:39 PM
Sounds to me like y'all were a bunch of drinkers and shouldn't have harassed that nice waitress. You came at a bad time!

Sounds horrible Lance and the 'rejected tip' part was the icing on the cake.

You want to really alienate customers? - Don't bring them the regular things that come with meals like sauces etc and make them ask.

Yeah, she turned into a real bitch. She was all about "poor me" :(

DemonGeminiX
05-15-2019, 02:48 PM
I'm reading some of the reviews about the Ruby Tuesday restaurant here on Yelp, and honestly, I can't see how me leaving a review about them not helping out a guy with shellfish allergies is gonna get a positive response with all of the horrible reviews that people have left for this restaurant. There are a few that are whiny nitpicking, but the majority of these are legitimate complaints. Dirty dishes, tables, silverware, long waits, shit on the floor that the servers just leave there even when pointed out, wrong food, moldy shit on the salad bar, shit not cooked... etc etc etc....

I think I'll just let this go. :lol:

Hal-9000
05-15-2019, 03:00 PM
Yeah, she turned into a real bitch. She was all about "poor me" :(

I took my folks out to nice place after finishing paying off a small loan they gave me.

Dad ordered salmon, Mom ordered chicken breasts. They always ordered basic items at restaurants, never anything wild.

Dad didn't finish his salmon, Mom picked at her chicken. There was nothing else on her plate :-k Asked to see a menu again and sure enough she was supposed to get potatoes and veggies, along with a choice of something else. My meal was less than great too.

My folks never complain if you buy them something. Old school manners I think.

Long one short as I was paying I expressed my displeasure to the girl on the way out and she looked at me like a deer in the headlights. No offer of anything or even an I'm sorry.

Driving home I lose my temper and say it was a horrible place, we will never go again etc and finally my Dad says - Yes, I wouldn't spend my money at a place like that.

:lol: close as he would come to saying - it fucking really sucked

Hal-9000
05-15-2019, 03:04 PM
I'm reading some of the reviews about the Ruby Tuesday restaurant here on Yelp, and honestly, I can't see how me leaving a review about them not helping out a guy with shellfish allergies is gonna get a positive response with all of the horrible reviews that people have left for this restaurant. There are a few that are whiny nitpicking, but the majority of these are legitimate complaints. Dirty dishes, tables, silverware, long waits, shit on the floor that the servers just leave there even when pointed out, wrong food, moldy shit on the salad bar, shit not cooked... etc etc etc....

I think I'll just let this go. :lol:

I tried a pizza place near me and ran into the same thing. Food looked nothing like the ads online, kid couldn't even work the debit machine when I paid...and I tried their 'signature' pizza and a donair.

Both were almost inedible.

Their site didn't have YELP reviews but they did have google reviews. Lots of them. The average star rating was 1.5 :lol:

I'm all fired up to leave a bad review and warn people off from the place - Nope, too late. Smarter and more creative people had been there before me writing reviews :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 03:11 PM
I took my folks out to nice place after finishing paying off a small loan they gave me.

Dad ordered salmon, Mom ordered chicken breasts. They always ordered basic items at restaurants, never anything wild.

Dad didn't finish his salmon, Mom picked at her chicken. There was nothing else on her plate :-k Asked to see a menu again and sure enough she was supposed to get potatoes and veggies, along with a choice of something else. My meal was less than great too.

My folks never complain if you buy them something. Old school manners I think.

Long one short as I was paying I expressed my displeasure to the girl on the way out and she looked at me like a deer in the headlights. No offer of anything or even an I'm sorry.

Driving home I lose my temper and say it was a horrible place, we will never go again etc and finally my Dad says - Yes, I wouldn't spend my money at a place like that.

:lol: close as he would come to saying - it fucking really sucked

Yeah, I'm one of those people that rarely, if ever, complains. If the food was edible I will eat it. I've heard too many horror stories about sending food back. :lol: At the end of the meal when the server asks how everything was, I might say something like, "it was okay" and they will ask what is wrong. And as long as it was decent, I really don't take it further than that. But usually at that point if the server is good and realizes that something wasn't perfect, they are already getting the check reduced, which I will always thank them profusely for and I give them a great tip for the extra service of doing that.

DemonGeminiX
05-15-2019, 03:16 PM
I really don't want to complain, but I can't help but notice how 15 years ago, restaurants were ready and willing to bend over backwards to get me what I wanted without exposing me to the allergens I was trying to avoid, and now they just don't give a shit any more.

Hal-9000
05-15-2019, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I'm one of those people that rarely, if ever, complains. If the food was edible I will eat it. I've had too many horror stories about sending food back. :lol: At the end of the meal when the server asks how everything was, I might say something like, "it was okay" and they will ask what is wrong. And as long as it was decent, I really don't take it further than that. But usually at that point if the server is good and realizes that something wasn't perfect, they are already getting the check reduced, which I will always thank them profusely for and I give them a great tip for the extra service of doing that.

This same place had four young hot girls in short dresses standing near the front. Not servers or waitresses, just some sort of concierges? ...hospitality persons? ... Walmart Greeters?

I know they worked there because I had to pick the most intelligent looking one on the way out so I could complain. She really didn't know what to say or how to handle it so I left.

Do you guys have Phil's pancake houses down there? If not they're kind of like Denny's. Old school menu items and decor.

My Dad would take me and my Mom there and in over 30 years we've never had a bad meal. They've never forgotten an item and we've never waited for menus or items no matter how busy they are.

I'm beginning to see why my Dad liked it so much :thumbsup: (I snobbily used to think it was a 'ghetto place' and embarrassing to visit)

Hal-9000
05-15-2019, 03:20 PM
I really don't want to complain, but I can't help but notice how 15 years ago, restaurants were ready and willing to bend over backwards to get me what I wanted without exposing me to the allergens I was trying to avoid, and now they just don't give a shit any more.

That's weird because up here in recent years the restaurants are almost overly sensitive to people with allergies/specific food needs.(which they should be)

The social media aspect helps with that I think because they don't want any bad press if someone gets sick or has a reaction.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 03:23 PM

That's weird because up here in recent years the restaurants are almost overly sensitive to people with allergies/specific food needs.(which they should be)

The social media aspect helps with that I think because they don't want any bad press if someone gets sick or has a reaction.

I think part of the problem with the food allergies issue, at least here in the States, is that there are so many pompous 'self-diagnosed' people who claim to have this whole laundry list of allergies and expect the restaurant to cater to their every specific request. It's ruined it for people with actual food allergies.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 03:23 PM
This same place had four young hot girls in short dresses standing near the front. Not servers or waitresses, just some sort of concierges? ...hospitality persons? ... Walmart Greeters?

I know they worked there because I had to pick the most intelligent looking one on the way out so I could complain. She really didn't know what to say or how to handle it so I left.

Do you guys have Phil's pancake houses down there? If not they're kind of like Denny's. Old school menu items and decor.

My Dad would take me and my Mom there and in over 30 years we've never had a bad meal. They've never forgotten an item and we've never waited for menus or items no matter how busy they are.

I'm beginning to see why my Dad liked it so much :thumbsup: (I snobbily used to think it was a 'ghetto place' and embarrassing to visit)

Nope, no Phil's down here, but I know what you mean about those kinds of places. Sadly they are becoming the exception rather than the rule when it comes to going out to eat.

Hal-9000
05-15-2019, 03:28 PM
I think part of the problem with the food allergies issue, at least here in the States, is that there are so many pompous 'self-diagnosed' people who claim to have this whole laundry list of allergies and expect the restaurant to cater to their every specific request. It's ruined it for people with actual food allergies.

I think our country is a fairly leftist sort of environment due to all of the immigration and I guess our heritage and reputation of being polite and accommodating.

Meaning certain industries like food service have really had to adapt to ensure they don't get bad press. Hard to put in words but it does feel like a movement, rather than something restaurants should be practicing anyway.

Just try to sneak a little pork into a Muslim person's food and then buckle down for the ensuing jihad :lol:

that was mean, sorry :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-15-2019, 03:35 PM

Yeah, there aren't nearly as many people that are sincerely allergic to gluten as there are people who claim they are, but lo and behold! Every restaurant has gluten-free options on their menus!

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 03:39 PM
Yeah, there aren't nearly as many people that are sincerely allergic to gluten as there are people who claim they are, but lo and behold! Every restaurant has gluten-free options on their menus!

https://i.imgur.com/Ru6wixa.png

It's these kinds of people...I mean seriously, if you are REALLY allergic to all that shit, maybe you shouldn't be going out to eat at all. Expecting a restaurant/kitchen staff to cater to that kinda crap is way over the top and if you expect that, then you're an asshole.

Hal-9000
05-15-2019, 03:40 PM

So you have the shellfish allergy?

Up here that's pretty common along with the peanut allergy. Not sure why places would have issues understanding it.
Unless you keep going to Sam's Shellfish Hideaway for dinner :lol:

Seriously...we had a kid up here go into anaphylactic shock and it made the local news. He had the peanut allergy and got the reaction from a food you'd never think would come close to peanuts. Something like salad or another side dish.

Hal-9000
05-15-2019, 03:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Ru6wixa.png

It's these kinds of people...I mean seriously, if you are REALLY allergic to all that shit, maybe you shouldn't be going out to eat at all. Expecting a restaurant/kitchen staff to cater to that kinda crap is way over the top and if you expect that, then you're an asshole.

"cow's milk products" NOTE I can eat butter...

Umm, no you can't.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 03:47 PM
"cow's milk products" NOTE I can eat butter...

Umm, no you can't.

Exactly. You're allergic to dairy (from a cow) but you can magically eat butter? When it's main ingredient is cream from COW'S MILK??

:facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
05-15-2019, 04:12 PM
So you have the shellfish allergy?

Up here that's pretty common along with the peanut allergy. Not sure why places would have issues understanding it.
Unless you keep going to Sam's Shellfish Hideaway for dinner :lol:

Seriously...we had a kid up here go into anaphylactic shock and it made the local news. He had the peanut allergy and got the reaction from a food you'd never think would come close to peanuts. Something like salad or another side dish.

Maybe that's what it takes, having a customer have a bad reaction and getting bad press before making a simple and easy change that could have easily been done to begin with to avoid the issue in the first place.

Hal-9000
05-15-2019, 04:19 PM
Maybe that's what it takes, having a customer have a bad reaction and getting bad press before making a simple and easy change that could have easily been done to begin with to avoid the issue in the first place.

Food prep stories like that scare me because the people responsible said they didn't know how the ___ got contaminated.

I heard a horror story about a couple on vacation at a small island resort in Thailand.

It's long but the bullet points are they both ate something, got violently ill for days, and due to bad resort maintenance support couldn't leave the island because there were no working boats.

Women said she finally recovered after three days, husband was sick for five days and finally he was taken to the mainland for a hospital stay to replenish body fluids. He lost over 20 pounds in that time.

I guess they used to travel a few times a year worldwide, they haven't left home since the experience and to this day don't know what got them sick.

Pony
05-15-2019, 09:18 PM

Too many people with "made up" allergies have ruined it for those with serious real problems.

Pony
05-15-2019, 09:31 PM

Yea, I've found some of the little dive places have the best food, biggest portions, cheap prices and great fast service. I've stopped a couple times at Catawba Inn (nicknamed Food Beer because that's what it says in huge letters on the side of the building). It's by the ferry dock to the island, I can order a burger and fries, comes out a huge 1/2 pound burger, giant portion of fries and a coke for like $12. And I'm in and out in well under an hour.

https://i.imgur.com/4q3xVQO.jpg

DemonGeminiX
05-15-2019, 10:16 PM
I have no idea how the hell I managed to do this, but I just knocked one of my refrigerator door shelves out of the refrigerator and onto the floor. It was full of glass bottles. Oddly enough, the only thing that broke was the plastic shelf itself. Again, I have no idea how I managed to do it. I swear I didn't even hit it.

Before that, a plate I was washing in the sink slipped out of my hand and into the sink, and the plate cracked, and a small sliver of a shard shot out of the sink and fell to the floor.

I'm not having a very good day here. I think maybe I should just sit still and not move for the rest of the day.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2019, 11:48 PM
I have no idea how the hell I managed to do this, but I just knocked one of my refrigerator door shelves out of the refrigerator and onto the floor. It was full of glass bottles. Oddly enough, the only thing that broke was the plastic shelf itself. Again, I have no idea how I managed to do it. I swear I didn't even hit it.

Before that, a plate I was washing in the sink slipped out of my hand and into the sink, and the plate cracked, and a small sliver of a shard shot out of the sink and fell to the floor.

I'm not having a very good day here. I think maybe I should just sit still and not move for the rest of the day.Have you broken a mirror? Any black cats cross your path? Go under a ladder recently? :-k

DemonGeminiX
05-16-2019, 12:42 AM
Have you broken a mirror? Any black cats cross your path? Go under a ladder recently? :-k

No. Mirrors are all fine. I don't know anybody around here that has a black cat, let alone any kind of cat. The neighbors here are all dog people. And there are/were no ladders anywhere as far as thee eye can see.

Muddy
05-16-2019, 01:10 AM
Did you check your scalp for 3 #6's..?

RBP
05-16-2019, 02:21 AM
Was there an Italian woman watching you during the seafood issue? Maybe she gave you the malocchio. :shock:

DemonGeminiX
05-16-2019, 06:48 AM
Did you check your scalp for 3 #6's..?

:hand:

Those have been there forever.

Was there an Italian woman watching you during the seafood issue? Maybe she gave you the malocchio. :shock:

I think most full-blooded Italian women would know better than to eat at that restaurant.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-16-2019, 10:32 AM
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has announced his candidacy for president.

RBP
05-16-2019, 12:41 PM

https://i.imgur.com/EV4C6O0.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
05-16-2019, 12:50 PM
https://i.imgur.com/EV4C6O0.jpg

Not the hero we need but the hero we deserve...

DemonGeminiX
05-16-2019, 12:54 PM
Not anything this country needs. At all.

RBP
05-16-2019, 01:34 PM
Not the hero we need but the hero we deserve...

https://i.imgur.com/VSdVYfT.mp4

Teh One Who Knocks
05-16-2019, 01:45 PM
[-(

DemonGeminiX
05-16-2019, 04:12 PM
The Jumbo Shrimp are dead last in the Southern League standings

Teh One Who Knocks
05-16-2019, 04:24 PM
:suicide:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-16-2019, 04:36 PM

https://i.imgur.com/AkUvxlJ.png

The cover of today's NY Post :lol:

Hal-9000
05-16-2019, 04:38 PM

Hal-9000
05-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Celery is now 6 bucks for one head or bunch :|

Fuck you California :x

Hal-9000
05-16-2019, 04:48 PM
Who are we, North Korea?? :x

fricnjay
Im thinking Hal is pretty jealous of the weather over here...:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
Celery is now 6 bucks for one head or bunch :|

Fuck you California :x

Who eats celery on purpose? :-s

DemonGeminiX
05-16-2019, 04:50 PM
:-s

I do on occasion.

Hal-9000
05-16-2019, 05:01 PM
Who eats celery on purpose? :-s

I do on occasion.

I make a ghetto salad using green lettuce (just as good for you as romaine) and celery. That's it. Because my teeth have been adjusted so much, it's difficult for me to chew raw vegetables like carrots :oops:

If you read about celery it has tons of nutrients. So the world catches up with me this year and now everyone wants it to put in juicers. Combine that with a bad growing season down south and the price has gone up over double what it was last year. Even restaurants are getting dinged heavily buying it in bulk.

So yeah, one bunch of celery - 6 bucks, one small head of green lettuce, over 3 bucks.

That's almost 10 bucks to make a home made salad.

I can't keep up :|

Pony
05-16-2019, 10:21 PM
I make a ghetto salad using green lettuce (just as good for you as romaine) and celery. That's it. Because my teeth have been adjusted so much, it's difficult for me to chew raw vegetables like carrots :oops:

If you read about celery it has tons of nutrients. So the world catches up with me this year and now everyone wants it to put in juicers. Combine that with a bad growing season down south and the price has gone up over double what it was last year. Even restaurants are getting dinged heavily buying it in bulk.

So yeah, one bunch of celery - 6 bucks, one small head of green lettuce, over 3 bucks.

That's almost 10 bucks to make a home made salad.

I can't keep up :|

I get my vegetables by eating bacon.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2019, 09:25 AM
Sleep, why dost thou forsake me? :|

Muddy
05-17-2019, 12:38 PM

I do on occasion.

I love it with Blue cheese and a side of chicken wings... :)

Hal-9000
05-17-2019, 03:05 PM
Sleep, why dost thou forsake me? :|

Puff some weed around 3pm today and I guarantee you'll be sleeping by 8pm :thumbsup:

after eating all of the ice cream in the house

fricnjay
05-17-2019, 03:58 PM
Man it sure sucks waking up at 10 and having to do a few hours of work from home. :(

:razz:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2019, 04:16 PM
Well, I think I'm done with FF and any of it's variants (I was using Waterfox because it was a FF based browser that still supported the 'legacy addons' that Mozilla decided weren't worth supporting anymore and a lot of developers didn't want to change everything to Mozilla's new standard). The only reason I liked FF is because it had some addons that I couldn't find anywhere that worked well. But, every time there's an update to FF, it seems like the fuck things up. I use Chrome for work related stuff here and that's fine, but for everything else I used FF. I've switched over to Opera now and this is my 2nd day of using it and the more I get used to it, the better I'm liking it. Of course there's things to get used to, like buttons being in different places and the context menu being different, but that won't take too long to get used to. So I'm another ex-FF user, never thought I'd say that.

And FYI, yes, Opera has shit for addons, just some of the major ones, but there's an addon for Opera that will let you use addons for Chrome from the Chrome store, so you can use anything out there that was made for Chrome. Most of the addons I'm using are Chrome addons and they seem to be working perfectly.

Pony
05-17-2019, 04:38 PM
I'm switching back and forth between Palemoon (firefox variant) and Epic Privacy Browser (Chrome variant).

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2019, 04:42 PM
I'm switching back and forth between Palemoon (firefox variant) and Epic Privacy Browser (Chrome variant).

Like I said, I had been using Waterfox, which was okay, but it had two major issues. It was a memory hog, and it would randomly crash. Some days it wouldn't crash at all, and then other days, it would crash 3 or 4 or 5 times. It was frustrating as hell.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2019, 10:20 PM
Kim and Kanye named their new kid Psalm :shakehead:

RBP
05-18-2019, 01:18 AM
Kim and Kanye named their new kid Psalm :shakehead:

North, Saint, Chicago, and Psalm.

RBP
05-18-2019, 05:39 AM
My CPR re-certification class was canceled for illness. I guess people will just have to die. Not my problem.

Godfather
05-18-2019, 06:22 AM
Alright trip to New York booked, leaving in two weeks. If anyone has any recommendations lemme know! Haven't been since I was a teen. Planning on seeing a ball game, the MET, a broadway show, good pizza and bagels. Would love if anyone has other suggestions though :mrgreen:

DemonGeminiX
05-18-2019, 11:34 AM
Alright trip to New York booked, leaving in two weeks. If anyone has any recommendations lemme know! Haven't been since I was a teen. Planning on seeing a ball game, the MET, a broadway show, good pizza and bagels. Would love if anyone has other suggestions though :mrgreen:

Bagels notwithstanding, hit a Jewish deli and get a decent sandwich. Katz is usually the go to, but I hear the crowds can be a bit insane. Expect to spend a shitload of money on everything.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-18-2019, 02:18 PM
Alright trip to New York booked, leaving in two weeks. If anyone has any recommendations lemme know! Haven't been since I was a teen. Planning on seeing a ball game, the MET, a broadway show, good pizza and bagels. Would love if anyone has other suggestions though :mrgreen:Have you been to Ellis Island before? Or the top of the Empire State Building? There's always the ever iconic Bronx Zoo as well.

Hal-9000
05-18-2019, 04:25 PM

Trip through Central Park and pictures for us pleebs?

Or maybe one of those world famous crappy pieces of pizza with no cheese that you can fold...I think they call them large dough triangles with sauce :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-18-2019, 04:37 PM
Trip through Central Park and pictures for us pleebs?

Or maybe one of those world famous crappy pieces of pizza with no cheese that you can fold...I think they call them large dough triangles with sauce :lol:And extra grease :tup:

Hal-9000
05-18-2019, 04:43 PM
And extra grease :tup:

Girl I know online lives in New Jersey and we're pretty good buddies.

She got real mad when I started insulting their pizza :lol:

She's a lesbian and an admitted 'whiny SJW, so as a joke I said their pizza was shit and accused them of appropriating another country's food.

She called me Canadian boy and made one the funniest angry posts against me I've ever read talking about moose pizza and french speaking delivery guys :lol:

I call her Snooki now and she really hates it :tup:

Hal-9000
05-18-2019, 05:01 PM
Wow, Ashley Massaro died. She was only 39 and they suspect suicide.

She played on the Survivor China season and didn't do well, despite being a WWE wrestler for years. She also did Playboy and I thought she was totally hot before the botox.

I hate seeing someone's last Tweet....hers was May 15th and she talked about answering fan mail :(

Hal-9000
05-18-2019, 05:07 PM
NSFW Ashley

https://i.imgur.com/PeM2O3w.jpg

DemonGeminiX
05-18-2019, 06:13 PM
Or maybe one of those world famous crappy pieces of pizza with no cheese that you can fold...I think they call them large dough triangles with sauce :lol:

This is gonna start a flame war with a particular Chicago native on this board, but NYC pizza's the best. You can't get better than that.

GF: Most people will tell you to go to Ray's pizza shop, but what they won't tell you is which Ray's to go to in NYC. There's like 500 of them and they're all independently owned and operated. For some reason, pizza joints in NYC don't have any clout unless they're named after some guy named Ray. The real funny thing is that locals are divided between which Rays to go to, but if you go to 2 of them, you're gonna find the pizza tastes the same to you. But locals will get into fights over which one of the two is better.

Stay away from DiFara's. Their pizza might be the bomb, but their prices are fucking ludicrous. It's like $30-$40 for one large pie. It could be more, I haven't checked in a while.

Coney Island is pretty cool to visit if you've got the time. You could spend your entire vacation there alone if you want.

Lance's suggestions are on point, but be aware that if you get to the top of the Empire State Building, it'll seem like everybody else in NYC will be up there too. Apparently, every couple's seen You've Got Mail and/or An Affair to Remember and want to live out their own romantic movie fantasy.

You could visit the Rockefeller Center. Radio City Music Hall. You mentioned the MET, but there's also the Museum of Modern Art (not the same). The Guggenheim museum. The American Museum of Natural History. There's a few more that I'm not gonna name. NYC has museums and pizza shops named after some guy named Ray all over the place.

Grand Central Terminal, if you're into trains and subways and shit. The Brooklyn Bridge, if you're into bridges.

The 9/11 Memorial. One World Trade Center (there's supposedly fine dining on the 101st floor).

Bryant Park and the main NY Public Library (same location). SoHo. The Chrysler Building. Greenwich Village. Chinatown. St. Patrick's Cathedral.

There's parks everywhere, there's tons of shit to do, places to eat, places to visit. The vast majority of people that have lived in NYC for their entire lives and have the means haven't seen and done everything that NYC has to offer. It's a daunting task.

https://www.google.com/destination/map/topsights?ei=dkXgXMObCM-QsAX3_I6AAg&q=things+to+do+in+nyc&oq=Things+to+do+in+N&gs_l=psy-ab.1.3.0l10.331582.340778..343872...0.0..0.436.713 8.24j30j3j0j2....2..0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i71j33i22i29i30j0i67j0i131j0i131i67.BB SPE3t7CI0&tcfs=&dest_src=ts&dest_mid=/m/02_286&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwirmouE06XiAhWPZd8KHTeiCLUQ6tEBKAQwAHoEC AsQBw#dest_mid=/m/02_286&dest_src=ts&tcfs=EhUKCS9tLzAyXzI4NhIITmV3IFlvcms

Godfather
05-18-2019, 07:29 PM
That's fantastic, thanks DGX, I've saved your recs to my phone. Thanks everyone else too! Katz's is on my list for sure and I'm prepared to wait in line for good bagels and deli subs.

I've got some good pizza spots in mind. Davey Pageviews One Bite Pizza reviews rated Prince Street, John's of Bleeker, Vezzo Thin Crust and Lazzara's as the highest in Manhatten. Not sure if you've been to any of those? They all look awesome.

I'll definitely visit the 9/11 memorial, the WTC reconstruction hadn't started yet last time I was there so I'm eager to see it again now. I've been to many of the major tourists spots, but my wife hasn't so we'll do all those. I did MOMA last time I was there but it wasn't really for me, so I think I"ll skip that and do a few of the other museums you've recommended!

Godfather
05-18-2019, 07:31 PM
One more question though: Yankees game or Mets :-k

DemonGeminiX
05-18-2019, 07:41 PM
One more question though: Yankees game or Mets :-k

In NYC? Yankees.

DemonGeminiX
05-18-2019, 07:50 PM
That's like asking a Chicagoan the Cubs or White Sox. The answer will always be the Cubs. A Los Angeles native Angels or Dodgers, the answer will always be the Dodgers. Yankees or Mets, the answer's the Yankees. Always. That's just the way it is.

Godfather
05-18-2019, 07:53 PM
:lol: Fair enough, twas a silly question now that I think about it.

DemonGeminiX
05-18-2019, 10:55 PM
Man, I miss the 90s.

lost in melb.
05-19-2019, 08:11 AM
Australia is officially a dirty shit-hole country :suicide:

RBP
05-19-2019, 01:47 PM
Australia is officially a dirty shit-hole country :suicide:

Context?

Is the impending extinction of koalas?

RBP
05-19-2019, 01:52 PM
This is gonna start a flame war with a particular Chicago native on this board, but NYC pizza's the best. You can't get better than that.

I don't mind that you like shitty pizza. Some people like to nosh on the fried shit canals of pigs. :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
05-19-2019, 02:27 PM
I don't mind that you like shitty pizza. Some people like to nosh on the fried shit canals of pigs. :shrug:

lost in melb.
05-19-2019, 06:46 PM
Context?

Is the impending extinction of koalas?

Federal election yesterday

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 12:21 AM
Federal election yesterday

The "conservatives" won?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 10:13 AM

The best kind of pizza is obviously Denver pizza....eat whatever the fuck you like for pizza and who cares what anyone else thinks :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 10:14 AM
That's fantastic, thanks DGX, I've saved your recs to my phone. Thanks everyone else too! Katz's is on my list for sure and I'm prepared to wait in line for good bagels and deli subs.

I've got some good pizza spots in mind. Davey Pageviews One Bite Pizza reviews rated Prince Street, John's of Bleeker, Vezzo Thin Crust and Lazzara's as the highest in Manhatten. Not sure if you've been to any of those? They all look awesome.

I'll definitely visit the 9/11 memorial, the WTC reconstruction hadn't started yet last time I was there so I'm eager to see it again now. I've been to many of the major tourists spots, but my wife hasn't so we'll do all those. I did MOMA last time I was there but it wasn't really for me, so I think I"ll skip that and do a few of the other museums you've recommended!

I read that as: Thanks DGX, thank you so much! Oh yeah, and the rest of you peons too, whatever.

Pony
05-20-2019, 10:14 AM
The best kind of pizza is obviously Denver pizza....eat whatever the fuck you like for pizza and who cares what anyone else thinks :tup:

Is Denver Pizza in Ohio? If it's not, you're wrong.

Godfather
05-20-2019, 05:40 PM
Happy Victoria Day! I'm not sure why only Canadians observe this one, but I'm enjoying the day off :lol:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 05:46 PM
Happy Victoria Day! I'm not sure why only Canadians observe this one, but I'm enjoying the day off :lol:

We call it The May Long over here and it's always the same thing. People consider it the start of summer and then stress on camping plans because it inevitably rains.

This year it snowed in some places :lol:

It's Queen Victoria's Birthday (and Elizabeth the II) or some shit like that. You can google the other stuff about the military and why we celebrate it.

Godfather
05-20-2019, 06:04 PM
We call it The May Long over here and it's always the same thing. People consider it the start of summer and then stress on camping plans because it inevitably rains.

This year it snowed in some places :lol:

It's Queen Victoria's Birthday (and Elizabeth the II) or some shit like that. You can google the other stuff about the military and why we celebrate it.

Funny I was just reading about it. Seems we started celebrating it in Canada long before she even gave us Confederation. Don't think it has anything to do with the military, we just liked the excuse to party on Queeniepoo's b-day as far back as 1845 from what I can tell :lol:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 06:07 PM
Funny I was just reading about it. Seems we started celebrating it in Canada long before she even gave us Confederation. Don't think it has anything to do with the military, we just liked the excuse to party on Queeniepoo's b-day as far back as 1845 from what I can tell :lol:

Military thing is something that happens in modern times...read on McDuff :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 06:08 PM
I read that as: Thanks DGX, thank you so much! Oh yeah, and the rest of you peons too, whatever.

:rofl:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 06:15 PM

I was going to suggest to GF to go to the place John Lennon was shot and I toned it down to Central Park and pictures. (Lennon lived across the street)

Not even a mention ffs :lol:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 06:17 PM

You should have seen the New Jersey girl blow a shitstack when I said that paper thin foldable NYC shit wasn't even real pizza :lol:

I get her to the point of admitting she's never tried many other types of pizza and then I accuse her (and all New Yorkers) of appropriating pizza from Italy you fucking thieves :lol:

Godfather
05-20-2019, 06:24 PM
Military thing is something that happens in modern times...read on McDuff :lol:

I dono, I don't see how it's tied to anything to do with the military other than that they observe it like the rest of us?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Day

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 06:30 PM
I dono, I don't see how it's tied to anything to do with the military other than that they observe it like the rest of us?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_Day

God...you have the whole day off and I gotta do your web searches? Fuck me :lol:

" Celebrating the monarch’s birthday is a long tradition in Canada, according to Garry Toffoli, vice-chairman and executive director of the Canadian Royal Heritage Trust, going back to George III’s reign in the 18th and 19th century.

In Canada, as in England, the day was associated with the military – although England’s “Trooping the Colour” military parade was more impressive than Canada’s annual militia muster, said Toffoli. "

https://globalnews.ca/news/2714339/why-we-still-celebrate-queen-victorias-birthday/

There's more in there but I ain't going trolling to find it you damn millennial :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 06:31 PM
Canada bends the knee :giggle:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 06:33 PM
Canada bends the knee :giggle:

Ever notice we removed the U from our words years ago?

All except fuck U when we talk about the queen and their actual influence on us :lol:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 06:37 PM
Just tried to upload something at Imgur and no links provided and it asks me to sign in now?

Is this correct?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 06:38 PM
Ever notice we removed the U from our words years ago?

All except fuck U when we talk about the queen and their actual influence on us :lol:

U bend the knee :hand:

Just tried to upload something at Imgur and no links provided and it asks me to sign in now?

Is this correct?

I'm always logged into my account, so I dunno :dunno:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 06:40 PM
U bend the knee :hand:

I'm always logged into my account, so I dunno :dunno:

Those fuckers. It does the upload and then says 'image saved' under the logon prompt.

I don't log into Imgur to upload pictures, what kind of weenie does that?? :x

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 06:46 PM
Those fuckers. It does the upload and then says 'image saved' under the logon prompt.

I don't log into Imgur to upload pictures, what kind of weenie does that?? :x

:snapout:

Godfather
05-20-2019, 06:51 PM
So those British militia weebs would march around for a few minutes in their little red tunics, then go get drunk at picnics :lol: Hardly a tradition mired in military history :P

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2019, 07:16 PM

There's a hurricane brewing out in the Atlantic.

Mother nature hasn't gotten the memo that hurricane season doesn't start until June. [-(

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2019, 07:23 PM

There's a hurricane brewing out in the Atlantic.

Mother nature hasn't gotten the memo that hurricane season doesn't start until June. [-(

It's supposed to snow here tonite, it's past the middle of May :dunno:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 07:54 PM
So those British militia weebs would march around for a few minutes in their little red tunics, then go get drunk at picnics :lol: Hardly a tradition mired in military history :P

I never said it was a tradition mired in military history. In fact this is exactly what I said - "It's Queen Victoria's Birthday (and Elizabeth the II) or some shit like that. You can google the other stuff about the military and why we celebrate it."

don't be an internet person :hand:

And yes they observe the dates and march around and stuff out of respect for the queens. Kinda like you do on Pride Day :lol:

Hal-9000
05-20-2019, 07:57 PM
Just cut the front lawn and it's around 1 degree...storm is a-brewin out there.

Fourth winter we've had this spring and I beat you this time, fucker :haha:

Godfather
05-20-2019, 08:59 PM
And yes they observe the dates and march around and stuff out of respect for the queens. Kinda like you do on Pride Day :lol:

Bitch, I don't march I sashay :gay:

Love you, mean it!

brah pitt
05-20-2019, 11:13 PM
Couple of beers and some cheap whiskey.

Pony
05-21-2019, 12:02 AM

We kinda sorta recognize it here on the Lake Erie islands, it's on the calendar as one of the "event" weekends.

Hal-9000
05-21-2019, 03:39 PM
Bitch, I don't march I sashay :gay:

Love you, mean it!

Sashay is such a good word :lol:

I was told by a doctor of sports medicine that I clomp..I don't glide when I walk (hamstring problem). Then he says - walk for me again. I told him I was going to sashay.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 03:42 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ckUFq96.jpg

Hal-9000
05-21-2019, 03:57 PM
Full story because it is funny. I get referred to a sports medicine doctor for a hamstring injury...

Get there and they ask me if I brought a pair of shorts to the appointment. I say no and make a few jokes with the receptionist and she says - We have some shorts you can borrow. I make a joke about wrong day to be wearing my Hello Kitty underwear and she laughs, then runs in and talks to the doctor for a moment. I'm changing into the borrowed shorts and I swear to God I can hear some male laughing and then making Meow sounds, and then two people laughing. It was the doctor.

Shorts they lend me are white satin/silk...very 80's and very female from what I recall. Get in to see the doctor and he examines me, gives some advice and prescribes physio for me. I make my sashaying comment during the exam. Then he makes a small joke saying don't forget to leave the borrowed shorts here. You're the Hello Kitty guy aren't you? :lol:

I respond - I get caught wearing my Hello Kitty underwear once in public and all of a sudden - I'm that guy forever. He can't stop laughing and I hear other patients laughing as the physio area is right there and it's huge :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 03:59 PM

Hal-9000
05-21-2019, 04:06 PM
It continues. I get referred for physio and my guy is about 6'2'', totally buff and bald. He introduces himself and says - Hey, I'm Damien Wild and I'll be helping you.

Me - Damien Wild?? No way, so what is your other stripper name?

More nearby patients laughing in other beds and this huge guy has to sit down while he facepalms and laughs his ass off :lol:

Muddy
05-21-2019, 05:59 PM
Sometimes on redditt I wish I could get my hands around the throats of some of these people mid type.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-21-2019, 10:08 PM
Sometimes on redditt I wish I could get my hands around the throats of some of these people mid type.I pretty much loathe Reddit

RBP
05-21-2019, 11:13 PM
I pretty much loathe Reddit

Really good source of smut; really bad source of political and social information.

Godfather
05-22-2019, 01:15 AM
I pretty much loathe Reddit

I'm not going to change your mind, but there's a stark contrast between the 'Front Page' that most people's reddit experience is based on, and the niche subreddits. The algorithms and administration of the overall front page is hard left (although The_Donald is always on the front page now too), and they've done some shady shit to steer the general direction of discussions, so I can't defend them as a company. I'd entirely stay off their political and news subs as they're just echo chambers too...

I will say though, there are some really cool subreddits all lumped together on one website that can be extremely handy (versus subscribing to many various forums for example). You can highly customize your own splash page to only see the subs that you like. The Watches subreddit is fantastic, there are some good cooking and grilling subs, the legal advice sub has helped me a few times, the Canucks subreddit is hilarious and has decent commentary, my wife likes the make-up and fashion subs, my brother loves the fishing subs, etc. Personally I hate YouTube's recommended videos these days so much, I heavily rely on /r/videos to find new and interesting channels because it's got better quality control than whatever the fuck goes into Youtube's 'trending' bullshit tabs. There's a subs for really any hobby or special interest you might have, and a lot of good people. Not to mention the A++ smut like RBP pointed out :lol: It's an ugly UI though so even knowing there are some great small communities I can still see why some people hate it.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-22-2019, 11:27 AM
I'm not going to change your mind, but there's a stark contrast between the 'Front Page' that most people's reddit experience is based on, and the niche subreddits. The algorithms and administration of the overall front page is hard left (although The_Donald is always on the front page now too), and they've done some shady shit to steer the general direction of discussions, so I can't defend them as a company. I'd entirely stay off their political and news subs as they're just echo chambers too...

I will say though, there are some really cool subreddits all lumped together on one website that can be extremely handy (versus subscribing to many various forums for example). You can highly customize your own splash page to only see the subs that you like. The Watches subreddit is fantastic, there are some good cooking and grilling subs, the legal advice sub has helped me a few times, the Canucks subreddit is hilarious and has decent commentary, my wife likes the make-up and fashion subs, my brother loves the fishing subs, etc. Personally I hate YouTube's recommended videos these days so much, I heavily rely on /r/videos to find new and interesting channels because it's got better quality control than whatever the fuck goes into Youtube's 'trending' bullshit tabs. There's a subs for really any hobby or special interest you might have, and a lot of good people. Not to mention the A++ smut like RBP pointed out :lol: It's an ugly UI though so even knowing there are some great small communities I can still see why some people hate it.

My problems with Reddit are many and varied :lol: Their shitty UI is the least of the issues, but it definitely is bothersome, considering how big an entity they are and they do nothing to improve it. From my, albeit limited, interactions on Reditt, I find the people there arrogant, full of themselves, and a lot of those sub-reddits I found where I might be interested in some of their stuff are run like a Nazi internment camp. Fall in line or get booted. There is one (sub-reddit) for a TV show that I enjoy and wanted to read up on the comments and add my 2 cents here and there until I found out that it's not allowed to be critical of the show in your posts. Huh? :huh: And the politics on that site lean soooooo far left that I'm surprised they don't tip over. And from several sub-reddits I have looked into, that ideology permeates the whole site, excpet for maybe that 'The_Donald' one, which I have no desire to be a part of. To me, a lot of posters there take themselves way too seriously and a lot of them are combative if you don't believe what they are preaching. For an 'all inclusive' kinda site, they sure do have a very narrow view on lots of things. Not to mention that hals the shit posted on there I think is made up just so some 'redditor' (they have their own name for being a poster there, not conceited at all :facepalm: )can get their 15 minutes of fame because now news sites runs actual stories on some of the BS posted on some of those sub-reddits. :shakehead:

As for smut, there plenty of that on the world wibe interwebz, I don't need Reddit for that :lol: But hey, whatever people like, they like, and it's not my position to change that, but I'm not going to think less of anyone that likes going there (okay, well maybe I will judge a little bit, to myself :giggle: ), it's just not for me.

/rant

TL;DR - I don't like Reddit, but 'you do you' in the general sense :)

Teh One Who Knocks
05-22-2019, 11:42 AM
I think this is the first time that I've had my phone paid off and don't have the desire to upgrade. :-k My S8 still runs like a top and it just might be the best phone I've ever had, no real desire (or need) to upgrade to a new on e at this point.

RBP
05-22-2019, 12:07 PM
I think this is the first time that I've had my phone paid off and don't have the desire to upgrade. :-k My S8 still runs like a top and it just might be the best phone I've ever had, no real desire (or need) to upgrade to a new on e at this point.

Decreasing phone sales may indicate a lot of people have reached that point. Diminishing returns.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-22-2019, 12:11 PM
Decreasing phone sales may indicate a lot of people have reached that point. Diminishing returns.

Yeah, I mean there's nothing really I can gain by upgrading that would justify the expense. Maybe the new phone would be a little faster? But it wouldn't be enough to make it worth it. My phone does everything I need/want it to do just fine.

DemonGeminiX
05-23-2019, 01:32 AM
Sharif don't like it
Rockin' the Casbah
Rock the Casbah
Sharif don't like it
Rockin' the Casbah
Rock the Casbah

Muddy
05-23-2019, 01:55 AM

S7 edge over here.. same feeling

Godfather
05-23-2019, 06:24 AM
Same here... phone is 2.5 years old, contract was up in September. The battery life is getting bad but nothing released in the last year or so has me itching to upgrade... Going to give it another 6 months to see what else comes out.

RBP
05-23-2019, 01:18 PM
Same here... phone is 2.5 years old, contract was up in September. The battery life is getting bad but nothing released in the last year or so has me itching to upgrade... Going to give it another 6 months to see what else comes out.

So far, I love my Mophie battery case. First full test is on 2 AMZL routes today. Going to see if I can only charge between routes.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-23-2019, 01:26 PM
Battery in my phone is pretty decent still. Goes down faster than it used to, especially with heavy usage, but I have chargers everywhere whether at work, home, or in my truck. And if it's just on standby, it goes down faster than it used to, but still will last me at least a full day before it's really low.

DemonGeminiX
05-23-2019, 01:50 PM
I still have my S5. Works fine for me, although the battery drains faster than it used to.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-23-2019, 01:52 PM
'Cause I live and breathe this Philadelphia freedom
From the day that I was born I've waved the flag
Philadelphia freedom took me knee high to a man, yeah
Gave me a piece of mama, daddy never had

Oh Philadelphia freedom, shine on me, I love you
Shine the light, through the eyes of the ones left behind
Shine the light, shine the light
Shine the light, won't you shine the light
Philadelphia freedom, I love-ve-ve you, yes I do

Muddy
05-23-2019, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah, my neighbor is a Samsung rep so I dont buy phones.. I wait for him to give me his scraps.. :mrgreen:

DemonGeminiX
05-23-2019, 02:09 PM
Oh yeah, my neighbor is a Samsung rep so I dont buy phones.. I wait for him to give me his scraps.. :mrgreen:

It's not the same neighbor that you put the fence up close to his house to block his view of your yard, is it?

Muddy
05-23-2019, 02:35 PM
It's not the same neighbor that you put the fence up close to his house to block his view of your yard, is it?

No.. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-23-2019, 02:42 PM
I looked to see if the battery could be replaced on an S8 and it can, but holy fuck what a pain in the ass it would be. :shakehead: Worst "advancement" Samsung ever did with their phones is make it so that you can't open them and easily replace the battery like you used to be able to do. Of course this was for planned obsolescence so you would have to get a new device when your battery finally kicks the bucket. Not a very user friendly thing to do. But maybe with the sales of smartphones slowing down, they will see there would be a market for new batteries and they will go back to being able to open the phones up so you can swap batteries.

DemonGeminiX
05-23-2019, 02:54 PM
I looked to see if the battery could be replaced on an S8 and it can, but holy fuck what a pain in the ass it would be. :shakehead: Worst "advancement" Samsung ever did with their phones is make it so that you can't open them and easily replace the battery like you used to be able to do. Of course this was for planned obsolescence so you would have to get a new device when your battery finally kicks the bucket. Not a very user friendly thing to do. But maybe with the sales of smartphones slowing down, they will see there would be a market for new batteries and they will go back to being able to open the phones up so you can swap batteries.

That's the main reason I haven't upgraded past the S5. They took the removable battery away starting with the S6. They've also stopped making batteries for the S5, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do when I can't find them anymore.

DemonGeminiX
05-23-2019, 02:54 PM
Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one

Teh One Who Knocks
05-23-2019, 03:07 PM
That's the main reason I haven't upgraded past the S5. They took the removable battery away starting with the S6. They've also stopped making batteries for the S5, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do when I can't find them anymore.

Get a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really long USB cord? :-k

DemonGeminiX
05-23-2019, 03:16 PM
Get a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really long USB cord? :-k

The current batteries I have will last, and there are 3rd party replacement batteries available but they don't have very good reviews. I was kind of hoping somebody would step up and make a decent replacement battery.

Muddy
05-23-2019, 03:21 PM

And replacing a screen? pffft.. Might as well buy a used phone on eBay for half the price..

Teh One Who Knocks
05-23-2019, 03:29 PM
And replacing a screen? pffft.. Might as well buy a used phone on eBay for half the price..

Luckily I've only ever FUBAR'ed one phone by completely cracking screen.

Muddy
05-23-2019, 03:44 PM
Luckily I've only ever FUBAR'ed one phone by completely cracking screen.

I have had some hard falls and nothing.. One day, 12 inch drop.. shattered. Uggh

Teh One Who Knocks
05-23-2019, 03:48 PM
I have had some hard falls and nothing.. One day, 12 inch drop.. shattered. Uggh

Same with me :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2019, 02:26 PM
We're so sorry Uncle Albert
We're so sorry if we caused you any pain
We're so sorry Uncle Albert
But there's no one left at home
And I believe I'm gonna rain

Hal-9000
05-24-2019, 05:25 PM
I'm going to see my Mom.

Happy Friday to all you working people out there. :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
05-24-2019, 05:37 PM
See ya, dude.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2019, 05:38 PM
:sadwavey:

DemonGeminiX
05-24-2019, 05:40 PM
I'm wondering if anybody watched that Star Wars video I posted in Dee's thread last night. I thought it was pretty cool, albeit not perfect.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2019, 05:48 PM
I only watch perfection :hand:

DemonGeminiX
05-24-2019, 05:53 PM

There's no such thing.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2019, 06:02 PM
Sure there is :)

DemonGeminiX
05-24-2019, 06:05 PM

No there isn't.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2019, 06:29 PM
:yup:

DemonGeminiX
05-24-2019, 07:06 PM
:nono:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2019, 07:09 PM
:nono:

:snapout:

DemonGeminiX
05-24-2019, 07:11 PM
[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
05-25-2019, 01:47 PM
When I left work yesterday I was in no real hurry to get home so I took the "scenic" route and went through downtown. It's been awhile since I've gone through downtown Denver (too much traffic, too many people, yada yada) but I just wanted to see what's new. I can't believe the amount of construction going on. New buildings going up everywhere and areas that used to be old industrial and distressed are being heavily redeveloped. I hardly recognized some parts of the city any more. And if course with gentrification comes all the millennials along with it. No idea how they can afford to live downtown, especially in the newly developed stuff because usually the new places charge a premium. And most of all this new redevelopment has only been in the last 5 years or so. Crazy how fast and how much the city is changing, and not necessarily for the better.

lost in melb.
05-25-2019, 02:02 PM
When I left work yesterday I was in no real hurry to get home so I took the "scenic" route and went through downtown. It's been awhile since I've gone through downtown Denver (too much traffic, too many people, yada yada) but I just wanted to see what's new. I can't believe the amount of construction going on. New buildings going up everywhere and areas that used to be old industrial and distressed are being heavily redeveloped. I hardly recognized some parts of the city any more. And if course with gentrification comes all the millennials along with it. No idea how they can afford to live downtown, especially in the newly developed stuff because usually the new places charge a premium. And most of all this new redevelopment has only been in the last 5 years or so. Crazy how fast and how much the city is changing, and not necessarily for the better.

In my view cities go downhill once the population gets too big, no matter how glossed up they become. Too much traffic & stress.

One arguable advantage due to the intense revenue, population and wealth is you get amazing sports stadiums, events & institutions ( if you're into that) - or museums, arts galleries and theatre (if you're into that)

Teh One Who Knocks
05-25-2019, 02:47 PM
In my view cities go downhill once the population gets too big, no matter how glossed up they become. Too much traffic & stress.

One arguable advantage due to the intense revenue, population and wealth is you get amazing sports stadiums, events & institutions ( if you're into that) - or museums, arts galleries and theatre (if you're into that)When I first moved here in 1995, the population of metro Denver was less than 2 million, and now it's up to 2.9 million people and growing. The population of the metro area is up 400K just since 2010 alone, and now there's almost 6 million people in the state. It's ridiculous how many people are moving here. And there's definitely a lot more traffic and stress than there used to be.

DemonGeminiX
05-26-2019, 05:30 PM
Today is porktastic. Bacon for breakfast, ribs for dinner.

Godfather
05-26-2019, 05:32 PM
Today is porktastic. Bacon for breakfast, ribs for dinner.

:drool: Tell me more, how you doing those ribs?

DemonGeminiX
05-26-2019, 06:09 PM
I use this junk. The Wib wub and the widowmaker bbq sauce.

http://www.smackyomama.com/

Godfather
05-26-2019, 06:51 PM
I use this junk. The Wib wub and the widowmaker bbq sauce.

http://www.smackyomama.com/

Awesome, love the local stuff

Godfather
05-26-2019, 06:51 PM
Got an email from a buddy to sign up for something called BabyBookie pool... you send the couple money and bet on the date of birth, length and weight and win the pool if you're closest... what the fuck? :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-26-2019, 07:17 PM
Got an email from a buddy to sign up for something called BabyBookie pool... you send the couple money and bet on the date of birth, length and weight and win the pool if you're closest... what the fuck? :lol:

I'd say "Nope. But I do wish you have a happy, healthy baby."

Hugh_Janus
05-27-2019, 07:37 PM
my calves need a massage

RBP
05-27-2019, 08:16 PM
my calves need a massage

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/1UU9aB91xxVIEJDuUi" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/1UU9aB91xxVIEJDuUi">via GIPHY</a></p>...

DemonGeminiX
05-28-2019, 05:12 PM
If you're so committed to protecting my personal information, then you wouldn't store it to begin with. There's no chance of stealing information if the information doesn't exist. I haven't dealt with you people since 2001, and I sincerely doubt that I'm ever going to deal with you people again, so really? Is there really any reason to store my personal information, Georgia Tech? And how the fuck did a hacker get into your systems to begin with? You're supposed to be one of the premiere education institutes, among the best with all thing computing, and you can't even secure a fucking server?

Hal-9000
05-28-2019, 06:36 PM
I'm on a points thing for the store I shop at. 1000 points = one dollar off, redeem at 10 dollars or 10000 points scenario.

Every week they give me items I can get points on based on my past shopping purchases.

I think the program that monitors items is on drugs :lol:

Rio Mare Tuna? I've never eaten or even heard of the brand.
Revlon products? I don't wear much make up.
Some sort of blistex shit for herpes-like issues on lips? Never had that problem :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-28-2019, 06:41 PM
Safeway does something similar here, but it's just a straight 1 point for every dollar you spend there. And you can only accumulate points during each month. Rewards will roll over one month but then will expire if you don't use them.

They give digital coupons for stuff you buy from time to time and it's usually pretty accurate based on past shopping.

Hal-9000
05-29-2019, 03:42 PM
I just heard something in my backyard. It's my internet provider adding a fiber optic line from the alley to the house.

I ran out the front door, went around back and yelled over the fence - HEY CAN I HELP YOU???!!

Poor little dude just about fell off his ladder :lol: He couldn't speak much English and he called the older guy in from the alley. We had a nice little chat about permission and freaking the hell out of home owners...we all were laughing at the end :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-29-2019, 03:48 PM
Why didn't you just shoot them? :-s

lost in melb.
05-29-2019, 04:08 PM
What do you think about this Papadopoulos nutter going off on Australia?? :?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-29-2019, 07:16 PM
Not going to help with my stress level at work because that's thru the roof right now, but I just found out I'm getting $1/hour raise :)

DemonGeminiX
05-29-2019, 07:29 PM
The last prescription I was waiting on to go generic finally has. Thank God. The price was getting outrageous.

RBP
05-29-2019, 08:32 PM
What do you think about this Papadopoulos nutter going off on Australia?? :?Not sure. Your foreign minister was involved at the start of the investigation. We'll have to wait and see what comes out of the new special council investigation. I do, however, believe the new investigation would not have happened if the Dems would have accepted Mueller's report and moved on.

Godfather
05-30-2019, 06:07 AM
Went to a friend's for dinner. They bought this pretty reasonably sized pizza oven called a Roccbox that works just on those smallish green propane canisters. The thing is really steep at $900 (more than my BBQ!) but it gets up over 600 degrees and cooks a pizza in 90 seconds like a real italian pizza oven. Tastes as good as one too. Very tempting...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2019, 10:20 AM
Went to a friend's for dinner. They bought this pretty reasonably sized pizza oven called a Roccbox that works just on those smallish green propane canisters. The thing is really steep at $900 (more than my BBQ!) but it gets up over 600 degrees and cooks a pizza in 90 seconds like a real italian pizza oven. Tastes as good as one too. Very tempting...

If you can buy an appliance that costs nearly a grand and cooks only one item, then you are Richey McRicherson :hand:

RBP
05-30-2019, 11:00 AM

If you can buy an appliance that costs nearly a grand and cooks only one item, then you are Richey McRicherson :hand:

Unless you order out a lot and stop. At $25 a pie, that's only a 36-pizza break even point.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2019, 11:03 AM
Unless you order out a lot and stop. At $25 a pie, that's only a 36-pizza break even point.

That's .7 pizzas per week, every week for a year just to break even. I would be sick of pizza long before then. :lol:

RBP
05-30-2019, 11:05 AM
That's .7 pizzas per week, every week for a year just to break even. I would be sick of pizza long before then. :lol:

How many weeks do you think are in a year? :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2019, 11:07 AM
How many weeks do you think are in a year? :-s

:huh:

RBP
05-30-2019, 11:13 AM
:nono: Abuse of power! :x

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2019, 11:13 AM
:nono: Abuse of power! :x

:fbd:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2019, 04:50 PM
We've had this huge job running thru the shop this month and I've been on my boss all month trying to make sure it gets done on time. All month. So today, the day before it's due, this is the day he realizes that we're running behind and asks me why I haven't been keeping up on it. :|

:banghead:

:suicide:

Godfather
05-31-2019, 01:15 AM

I found one for $400. I might see if my Dad will go in on it with me and we'll share it. Even if it only gets used a couple times each per year, it's a really fun thing to have, it was a big hit at this dinner party and honestly 10x better than even my very best, totally made from scratch pie that I cook in the oven on a pizza stone. Totally night and day between oven cooked, and this thing.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2019, 10:13 AM

I found one for $400. I might see if my Dad will go in on it with me and we'll share it. Even if it only gets used a couple times each per year, it's a really fun thing to have, it was a big hit at this dinner party and honestly 10x better than even my very best, totally made from scratch pie that I cook in the oven on a pizza stone. Totally night and day between oven cooked, and this thing.

Review: Gozney Roccbox Outdoor Pizza Oven
By Enne So - Wired

https://i.imgur.com/jRUnXHn.png

NO ONE EVER wants to know about the secret lives of tax preparers or bank branch managers. But since the journeys of Anthony Bourdain, everyone wants to learn the secrets and wield the tools of commercial cookery. Who wouldn’t want to be a swaggering night pirate that can also bake a perfect pie?

The $599 Gozney Roccbox is one of those tools that looks great on paper. I’ve met pizza chefs who use the Roccbox for commercial purposes, and they love it. The Roccbox is an imposing 45 pounds of smooth steel, silicone, and stone that heats up to 900+ degrees. It retains that heat well enough to bake pizza after pizza, at less than two minutes a pie.

While I like many things about the Roccbox, it’s too much for a backyard pizza chef. Does anyone really need to cook 30 pizzas in an hour? Probably not. It’s just too expensive and heavy—I put closed-toe shoes on every time I have to move it.

Trying to use the optional wood hopper to make it a wood-fired oven is also an incredibly difficult task. If you must have a wood-fired pizza oven, I recommend the Ooni Pro instead.

Heavy Lifting
If you can overlook the fact that the Roccbox is heavier than a Sisyphean stone, it has a few delightful features that make it particularly easy to set up as a propane oven. First, the oven’s stone baking surface is secured on the oven floor. I don’t have to remove a charred, loose stone to move it or worry about it slipping out of the oven and breaking.

Second, it comes with a padded handle. Just Velcro the wide strap around the oven’s body and haul it from your living room. Finally, the wood and gas attachments don’t require complicated assembly. Both use a simple, secure bayonet mount on the bottom of the oven. Just (carefully!) turn the oven over, insert the pegs into the holes, and slide to click it on.

Once you’ve hooked up your chosen fuel attachment (wood or propane), unfold the Roccbox’s jointed, stainless steel legs and let ‘er rip. The Roccbox’s body is made from a dense, insulating calcium silicate, covered by a thin, soft, silicone jacket. The flame rises from the back of the oven and flows over the top of the pizza, heating the body of the oven and its floor.

As measured by the included thermometer, it took about 30 minutes for the floor to reach 600 degrees—the minimum temperature at which I can bake a wood-fired pizza—with both the propane tank and the gas nozzles completely open. The temperature was consistent with the results that I got from my infrared thermometer.

The Roccbox oven door is 12.2 inches wide and 3.34 inches tall. It accommodates the included 12-inch "perfect pizza peel," as well as my 10-inch Lodge cast iron skillet. I did find the peel a little annoying. It's nonstick, but I still like a little cornmeal on the bottom of my pizzas. With a perforated peel, most of the cornmeal just dropped directly onto my counter.

Where the Roccbox especially shone was in recovery time. With smaller ovens, I have to wait 10 to 15 minutes between pizzas to let the stone heat up again, char the bottom properly, and not get the pizza stuck to the bottom.

But with its heavy steel layers and insulating jacket, the Roccbox retained heat exceptionally well. It worked so well that my friends and I could bake 10 pizzas in 30 minutes! Unfortunately, that was about four pizzas too many. I had to put a stop to the proceedings when people started pulling eggs and bacon out of the fridge and talking about breakfast pizza.

https://i.imgur.com/WBooUeQ.gif

Total burnout
Propane leads to 30 pizzas an hour, but with wood I never made a single pie.

When I showed the Roccbox’s wood hopper to a pizza chef friend on my phone, he looked at it, turned to me slowly, and said, “I really don't think this is going to work.” I was at his house to borrow some wood. But when I saw those huge, hard logs—almost as thick as my waist—I understood that making a wood-fired pizza in this thing might not be as easy as promised.

The Roccbox’s hopper is a small cylinder that utilizes secondary combustion to jack up the fire's temperature. As the flame shoots out the top of the hopper and heats the body of the oven, the resulting vacuum draws oxygen back through the body of the hopper to feed the fire. It’s an ingenious, space-saving design, until you realize that you actually have to get wood into the hopper. The only fuel access is through a narrow chute with a door that can close, whose opening I measured at 3 inches by 2 inches.

Imagine that your friend has asked you to start the charcoal for a barbecue, but instead of dumping briquettes onto a grate, you have to slide them into the grill one by one, down a toilet paper tube and onto a flickering fire starter. Now you have a glimmer of an idea how difficult it was to light a wood fire in the Roccbox.

Roccbox recommends chopping kindling to about the size of a pencil, so I borrowed my husband’s hatchet. I split those darn things to splinters and stood in the dripping rain, sliding them down the chute ... until I got fed up and took my kids out for bratwurst.

Once the sun was shining, I tried again. But, as my pizzaiolo warned me, any wood that was soft enough for me to split into tiny pieces wasn't dense enough to get a really hot fire. I tried for an hour and never got the temperature to rise above 400 degrees. Finally, I gave up and bought pressed wood chunks and fire starters at the hardware store. But even then, maintaining the flame required constant maintenance. I thought longingly of the Ooni Pro and its easy-access wood tray.

Only for (patient) pros
If you're a backyard pizza cook who is going to stick to propane, you might as well get the much cheaper and lighter Ooni Koda. The Roccbox does have plenty to recommend it: It's great-looking, retains heat, and I appreciate a lot of its small design details. But unless you’re planning on catering your daughter’s wedding yourself, it’s just too heavy and expensive. And if you want a wood-fired pizza, look elsewhere.

(The Gozney Roccbox costs $599 at Williams-Sonoma and Gozney.)

Hal-9000
05-31-2019, 06:55 PM
:x

Hal-9000
05-31-2019, 07:10 PM
I find a 39$ special for an oil change at a garage that does general repairs. I go online and make an APPOINTMENT as they have days divided into one hour blocks and you choose one.

Last week online, I picked this morning at 7:30-8:30 as my time. Take my car there and the dickhead informs me "There are no real appointments. You drop your car off in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon, based on when they can get to it. We'll give you a call, bye."

Long bitchfest short - I ask the guy how am I supposed to get home and he sarcastically says there is a bus stop right in front or he could call me a cab...

I tell him I have to wait there (and just about jump across the counter to hit him).

He says - Oh people don't do that, it could be 3pm today by the time we're finished.

I ask for his manager and I tell him that their website/process is misleading, he kind of agrees and then says - We hear this all the time.

So my "39" dollar oil change turns into a 71 dollar oil change because they have to use dextrose oil, shop supplies, tax etc etc...

I just got home. Fuck it, next time I go to one of those quickie oil change places :x

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2019, 07:20 PM
I find a 39$ special for an oil change at a garage that does general repairs. I go online and make an APPOINTMENT as they have days divided into one hour blocks and you choose one.

Last week online, I picked this morning at 7:30-8:30 as my time. Take my car there and the dickhead informs me "There are no real appointments. You drop your car off in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon, based on when they can get to it. We'll give you a call, bye."

Long bitchfest short - I ask the guy how am I supposed to get home and he sarcastically says there is a bus stop right in front or he could call me a cab...

I tell him I have to wait there (and just about jump across the counter to hit him).

He says - Oh people don't do that, it could be 3pm today by the time we're finished.

I ask for his manager and I tell him that their website/process is misleading, he kind of agrees and then says - We hear this all the time.

So my "39" dollar oil change turns into a 71 dollar oil change because they have to use dextrose oil, shop supplies, tax etc etc...

I just got home. Fuck it, next time I go to one of those quickie oil change places :x

$39 is a 'special'? :shock:

Hal-9000
05-31-2019, 07:32 PM
$39 is a 'special'? :shock:

You haven't read the 882761612 posts where I explain that everything in Canada is on average 30% more than you guys pay?

Homes, cars, electronics, food, services...

Next time you think something is expensive and want to complain, try to remember things could be worse

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2019, 07:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/3qkd6k8.png

https://i.imgur.com/c50hMm2.png

At firestone where we take our vehicles...

Hal-9000
05-31-2019, 07:39 PM
that's it, rub some salt right in there :|

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2019, 07:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bW6vFRo.png

There's a Midas near me too 8-[

Hal-9000
05-31-2019, 07:53 PM
How did you know it was a Midas?

and you're a big fag, did you know that? [-(

Hal-9000
05-31-2019, 07:54 PM
I shouldn't call you that. Gives the real fags a bad name.

Apologies to Nation of Faglam

Hal-9000
05-31-2019, 08:10 PM
I have to roll, have a good one :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2019, 10:04 PM
How did you know it was a Midas?

and you're a big fag, did you know that? [-(

I didn't know, I was just looking for oil change specials near me :nana:

I shouldn't call you that. Gives the real fags a bad name.

Apologies to Nation of Faglam

:beatdown:

Pony
05-31-2019, 11:33 PM
Friday evening and I am wiped out. Just did a two day roof job (steel) from start to finish in 12 hours. Pushed too hard because it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. I'm hurting, sunburned and totally exhausted.

Not to bad though for two guys whose combined ages are 100 years. And my help had never done a steel roof before. Old guys still kicking ass.

DemonGeminiX
06-01-2019, 04:56 PM
She don't like fashions, she don't like phonies
She don't like junkies, she don't like druggies
She just wants my beef baloney

Beef, beef, beef!
Beef baloney!
Beef, beef, beef!
Beef baloney!
Beef, beef, beef!
Beef baloney!
Beef, beef, beef!
Beef baloney!

She don't like salami, she don't want pastrami
She don't want a chicken, she don't want a roast
She just wants her double dose of my

Beef, beef, beef!
Beef baloney!
Beef, beef, beef!
Beef baloney!
Beef, beef, beef!
Beef baloney!

lost in melb.
06-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Now give Wumples a warm welcome in the UK, please.
He has been very restrained and only insulted 2 people so far :nono:

Muddy
06-03-2019, 01:24 PM
Friday evening and I am wiped out. Just did a two day roof job (steel) from start to finish in 12 hours. Pushed too hard because it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow. I'm hurting, sunburned and totally exhausted.

Not to bad though for two guys whose combined ages are 100 years. And my help had never done a steel roof before. Old guys still kicking ass.

Are you still doing body work any more, or are you just doing home repairs?

Pony
06-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Are you still doing body work any more, or are you just doing home repairs?

No body work for now. It was starting to really beat up my body and the trend of shops these days seemed to be "Maximize profits by ripping off your employees". I'm basically subcontracting for a company on the islands that manages over 100 rental properties a few days a week and the rest of the week I'm on my own on my summer "home" island doing odd jobs ranging from painting to roofs to plumbing and electrical.

Painting job I did two weeks ago paid $800 for 14 hours work. cash. Roof job I did Friday for $2700 total inc materials,etc. Profit of $1500 for 12 hours work.

I may try to find winter work in a body shop for a few months in winters at some point but right now I'm focused on work, trying to get my house and "stuff" sold off.

Muddy
06-03-2019, 02:05 PM
No body work for now. It was starting to really beat up my body and the trend of shops these days seemed to be "Maximize profits by ripping off your employees". I'm basically subcontracting for a company on the islands that manages over 100 rental properties a few days a week and the rest of the week I'm on my own on my summer "home" island doing odd jobs ranging from painting to roofs to plumbing and electrical.

Painting job I did two weeks ago paid $800 for 14 hours work. cash. Roof job I did Friday for $2700 total inc materials,etc. Profit of $1500 for 12 hours work.

I may try to find winter work in a body shop for a few months in winters at some point but right now I'm focused on work, trying to get my house and "stuff" sold off.

Man that's really great and I'm happy for you.. I hope you enjoy the new gig..!

Hal-9000
06-03-2019, 02:52 PM
Reading about the Virginia Beach shooting and there's been 150 mass shootings during the past 151 days in America?

:| that can't be right

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2019, 02:53 PM
Reading about the Virginia Beach shooting and there's been 150 mass shootings during the past 151 days in America?

:| that can't be right

It's not.

Hal-9000
06-03-2019, 02:54 PM
fuck this shit I'm going to subscribe to a cryptids news feed rather than regular news

too much for a Monday morning

Hal-9000
06-03-2019, 03:38 PM
Imgur isn't posting properly again and I can barely sit here...gotta go

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2019, 03:39 PM
:sadwavey:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2019, 03:41 PM
Have you noticed that the shooting in Virginia Beach has pretty much dropped out of the news cycle a;ready even though 12 people were shot and killed? I wonder if that has anything to do with the shooter being a black man using a handgun instead of an "angry white Trump supporter with an AR-15"? :-k

Nah, that can't be it......

:rolleyes:

Muddy
06-03-2019, 05:03 PM
Have you noticed that the shooting in Virginia Beach has pretty much dropped out of the news cycle a;ready even though 12 people were shot and killed? I wonder if that has anything to do with the shooter being a black man using a handgun instead of an "angry white Trump supporter with an AR-15"? :-k

Nah, that can't be it......

:rolleyes:

Its still rotating pretty heavy around here obviously.. It appears the guy lost his mental shit or something.. He was an American engineer.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2019, 05:15 PM
Its still rotating pretty heavy around here obviously.. It appears the guy lost his mental shit or something.. He was an American engineer.

Yeah, I would expect it to be big there being local and all, but as far as here and on national stuff I've seen, it's dropping off fast.

From what I've seen he's black, a registered democrat, and I've seen reports that he was also a Muslim (not the bad kind, just that was his religion). So none of that fits the narrative.

It's the same as the kids here that shot up the school. That story is gone even from the local news and that was only a month ago, because it was "troubled" kids and one was transgendered.

lost in melb.
06-03-2019, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I would expect it to be big there being local and all, but as far as here and on national stuff I've seen, it's dropping off fast.

From what I've seen he's black, a registered democrat, and I've seen reports that he was also a Muslim (not the bad kind, just that was his religion). So none of that fits the narrative.

It's the same as the kids here that shot up the school. That story is gone even from the local news and that was only a month ago, because it was "troubled" kids and one was transgendered.

It wasn't an ideologically motivated shooting. Perhaps there is no fear of a follow up or more of them, so people aren't so interested. :dunno:

DemonGeminiX
06-03-2019, 07:40 PM
A bunch of people came to the house. In the middle of the conversations they all agreed that I look no older than 25.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2019, 07:48 PM
A bunch of people came to the house. In the middle of the conversations they all agreed that I look no older than 25.

In dog years? :-k

:outtahere:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2019, 07:54 PM
It wasn't an ideologically motivated shooting. Perhaps there is no fear of a follow up or more of them, so people aren't so interested. :dunno:

No, the anti-gun narrative in this country is that there's a MAGA hat wearing, NRA supporting, racist, angry, male, white man with an AR-15 just ready to snap and massacre a bunch of people for no reason. If that isn't the case, the media drops the story because they aren't going to demonize anyone that doesn't fit that description. Whereas if they were REALLY anti-gun and it was all about the safety of people, EVERY shooting would be major national news and would be a call to arms to ban firearms from private possession. Notice how all the shootings in Chicago aren't part of the drum beating? That's because it's black on black (for the most part) and that's not the "right story" for the news media or anti-gun politicians.

And your theory about the shootings not being idealogical is wrong, because the kids that shot up the school here a month ago were/are the prototypical loner kids with an axe to grind because they are "different" and "don't fit in" and that's what most of the school shootings in this country are a pattern of. So there is no reason for that story to have faded from the news so quickly other than the fact that it doesn't fit the 'scary racist angry white man with his assault weapon' narrative.

Pony
06-03-2019, 08:18 PM
Man that's really great and I'm happy for you.. I hope you enjoy the new gig..!

Honestly? It's about half the money but then I am only working 8 months. My stress levels and wear and tear on my body are way lower, I'm much happier. Once I sell my house in town and get out from that $1400 a month burden I'll be in pretty good shape. Summers on the islands, winters mostly with my aunt down south or traveling. Living on the cheap with disposable income. Hopefully by fall my two year "experiment" with life other than the "typical american dream" works out as planned.

lost in melb.
06-03-2019, 08:26 PM
No, the anti-gun narrative in this country is that there's a MAGA hat wearing, NRA supporting, racist, angry, male, white man with an AR-15 just ready to snap and massacre a bunch of people for no reason. If that isn't the case, the media drops the story because they aren't going to demonize anyone that doesn't fit that description. Whereas if they were REALLY anti-gun and it was all about the safety of people, EVERY shooting would be major national news and would be a call to arms to ban firearms from private possession. Notice how all the shootings in Chicago aren't part of the drum beating? That's because it's black on black (for the most part) and that's not the "right story" for the news media or anti-gun politicians.

And your theory about the shootings not being idealogical is wrong, because the kids that shot up the school here a month ago were/are the prototypical loner kids with an axe to grind because they are "different" and "don't fit in" and that's what most of the school shootings in this country are a pattern of. So there is no reason for that story to have faded from the news so quickly other than the fact that it doesn't fit the 'scary racist angry white man with his assault weapon' narrative.

I think you're right, in part.

I can keep finding justifications - for example school shootings get more coverage because children are involved. But I do acknowledge that if someone more right-wingish ( whatever that is ) starts killing people it *can* get more coverage than it deserves. I just don't think it's as one-sided as you think. This shooting was on my news feed, as well.

lost in melb.
06-03-2019, 08:29 PM
Honestly? It's about half the money but then I am only working 8 months. My stress levels and wear and tear on my body are way lower, I'm much happier. Once I sell my house in town and get out from that $1400 a month burden I'll be in pretty good shape. Summers on the islands, winters mostly with my aunt down south or traveling. Living on the cheap with disposable income. Hopefully by fall my two year "experiment" with life other than the "typical american dream" works out as planned.

Did you say you're selling up your house? Interesting move. I dug in and paid off my first mortgage while I was young, but this was a year 1999 purchase and I lost a few years eating rice and beans, so to speak. I wouldn't go through it again with the current house prices!

However, it lined my up for my second house. I can basically live off the rent and travel if I wanted. I could make more money, but
I am afraid to sell it and put my cash into shit that can disappear. There's something about bricks and mortar...

Pony
06-03-2019, 08:46 PM
Did you say you're selling up your house? Interesting move. I dug in and paid off my first mortgage while I was young, but this was a year 1999 purchase and I lost a few years eating rice and beans, so to speak. I wouldn't go through it again with the current house prices!

However, it lined my up for my second house. I can basically live off the rent and travel if I wanted. I could make more money, but
I am afraid to sell it and put my cash into shit that can disappear. There's something about bricks and mortar...

Yea, I bought around the same time, current value is right about what I paid for it after 20 years of mortgage payments. :banghead:

Renting isn't a good option for me considering rates in the ares are only about $200 above my payment. After taxes etc I'd be lucky to break even and with an aging roof and furnace it's not a good gamble. I need to be out before the next election cycle in case the market tanks.

Problem right now is I'm spending so much time on the islands working to sock away enough for winter I can't be home to finish the house and sell everything. Currently juggling a lot. Tis why I'm not around as much as I was.

lost in melb.
06-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Yea, I bought around the same time, current value is right about what I paid for it after 20 years of mortgage payments. :banghead:

Renting isn't a good option for me considering rates in the ares are only about $200 above my payment. After taxes etc I'd be lucky to break even and with an aging roof and furnace it's not a good gamble. I need to be out before the next election cycle in case the market tanks.

Problem right now is I'm spending so much time on the islands working to sock away enough for winter I can't be home to finish the house and sell everything. Currently juggling a lot. Tis why I'm not around as much as I was.

That sucks re the value. My place is 7 figures now. First home was 5 figures, lol. That's the Australian inner city property market.

Sounds like you've thought it out and are really going for it. Good luck :thumbsup:

Muddy
06-03-2019, 08:55 PM

Hell yeah I'm being honest. Anyway you can shed some of the daily grind and get to what you enjoy is a good thing..!

Pony
06-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Hell yeah I'm being honest. Anyway you can shed some of the daily grind and get to what you enjoy is a good thing..!

Yep, I'm way happier, I like my work, have lots of friends around at all times, will have time in winter to help take care of my parents and aunt. Only took me 48 years to figure out the daily grind isn't all there is.

:tup:

Pony
06-03-2019, 09:25 PM
My home county just banned single use plastic bags starting nov 1st. A lot of people are applauding this.

While I'd love to see everyone waste less and not pollute at all, I don't agree with this. I think it's excessive to ban something just so people can feel better about themselves while in reality accomplishing almost nothing.

I didn't have any real evidence to back up my theory that banning bags will have a near zero impact on overall plastic pollution coming from the US until I just ran across this article.
Turns out that 88-95% of the plastic pollution in the oceans comes from the top ten highest content rivers, all 10 are in Asia or Africa. Plus I'm sure at least a few more percentage points can be added for big events like tidal waves, hurricanes, etc that drag a bunch more off land and into the sea. So basically my life is going to be less convenient so we can do almost nothing to "save the planet".

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.est.7b02368

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/suppl/10.1021/acs.est.7b02368/suppl_file/es7b02368_si_001.pdf

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2019, 10:23 PM
The city of Boulder has banned them here and I think the city of Denver has talked about it. I agree, it's just a feel good thing, like all the cities banning plastic straws :roll:

Besides, those bags are what I use for dog poop containment when I clean the back yard [-(

Pony
06-03-2019, 10:27 PM
The city of Boulder has banned them here and I think the city of Denver has talked about it. I agree, it's just a feel good thing, like all the cities banning plastic straws :roll:

Besides, those bags are what I use for dog poop containment when I clean the back yard [-(

I should start a side business selling poop bags. It's gonna be a growing market.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 12:15 PM
I wonder what it's like to be a slice of cheese? :-k

RBP
06-04-2019, 01:38 PM
I wonder what it's like to be a slice of cheese? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 01:41 PM

Yes? :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 01:41 PM
Father to many, married to none
And in case you're unaware I carry a gun
Stepped into the party, the place was over packed
Saw the kid that dissed my home boy and shot him in the back
I had to get a beeper 'cause my phone is tapped
You better keep your mouth shut 'cause I'm fully strapped
I got money in the bank, I can still get high
That's why your girlfriend thinks that I'm so fly
I've got money and juice, twin sisters in my bed
Their father had Aids so I shot him in the head

RBP
06-04-2019, 01:43 PM
Father to many, married to none
And in case you're unaware I carry a gun
Stepped into the party, the place was over packed
Saw the kid that dissed my home boy and shot him in the back
I had to get a beeper 'cause my phone is tapped
You better keep your mouth shut 'cause I'm fully strapped
I got money in the bank, I can still get high
That's why your girlfriend thinks that I'm so fly
I've got money and juice, twin sisters in my bed
Their father had Aids so I shot him in the head

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 01:44 PM

RBP
06-04-2019, 02:17 PM

https://i.imgur.com/i9m1I0N.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 02:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/i9m1I0N.jpg

Sometimes you're the monkey, and sometimes you're the walrus :dunno:

Goo goo g'joob, goo goo goo g'joob

RBP
06-04-2019, 02:24 PM
Sometimes you're the monkey, and sometimes you're the walrus :dunno:

Goo goo g'joob, goo goo goo g'joob

https://i.imgur.com/wZylzSS.gif

Hal-9000
06-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Uploads are still not working at Imgur...grrrrr

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 03:04 PM
Uploads are still not working at Imgur...grrrrr

They work fine for me :dunno:

Hal-9000
06-04-2019, 03:05 PM
I''ll show you an example..

Hal-9000
06-04-2019, 03:06 PM
https://imgur.com/3iSj7Fe.jpg

Hal-9000
06-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Imgur sometimes uses a new interface when uploading pics. Looks more phone friendly.

When I get the BB code it turns out like above.

Hal-9000
06-04-2019, 03:09 PM
https://imgur.com/3iSj7Fe

Now if I right click on that broken image in the post and hit view image, it takes me Imgur and provides the proper BB posting links. WTF?

Hal-9000
06-04-2019, 03:09 PM
https://i.imgur.com/3iSj7Fe.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 03:11 PM
Imgur sometimes uses a new interface when uploading pics. Looks more phone friendly.

When I get the BB code it turns out like above.

Now if I right click on that broken image in the post and hit view image, it takes me Imgur and provides the proper BB posting links. WTF?

I just added .jpg to then end of your code above and the pic showed.

Hal-9000
06-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Comparing the two image codes provided...one puts an extra "i" before the word imgur in the code.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Comparing the two image codes provided...one puts an extra "i" before the word imgur in the code.

Are you still on FF?