PDA

View Full Version : Post what you are thinking at this very moment

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221

DemonGeminiX
09-25-2020, 11:27 PM
When masked politicians answer reporters' questions on the fly, they sound like Kenny from South Park.

lost in melb.
09-26-2020, 02:52 AM
Christ! You had 3 packages to deliver today Amazon. You delivered 2 and fucked up the third, and they all came from the same warehouse? How does that happen?

It just so happens that the 3rd package that they fucked up was the black ink for my printer, the thing I absolutely needed.

You don't have to answer this, but I'm wondering what you use a printer for? :-k

lost in melb.
09-26-2020, 03:03 AM
Fox News confirms that Trump will nominate Amy Coney Barrett for the Supreme Court to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

She's supposedly an originalist, so let's hope she doesn't turn out to be another Roberts.

So the constitutional equivalent of an evangelical Christian?

DemonGeminiX
09-26-2020, 06:15 AM
You don't have to answer this, but I'm wondering what you use a printer for? :-k

I have a scanner/printer combo. I like to print images of my hairy white ass and nutsack and mail them to people I don't like.

:-k

Say, what's your mailing address? :nana:

So the constitutional equivalent of an evangelical Christian?

The constitution is the law, from sea to shining sea. It wasn't supposed to be reinterpreted on a whim because of people's feelings. If you could do that whenever you felt like it, then what's the point of having a constitution to begin with? If you can reinterpret law whenever you felt like, then what's the point of having a society governed by the rule of law? The law becomes meaningless if you don't hold to it's meaning and intention. The constitution is static. The founding fathers had very particular reasoning and intended meaning for what they wrote. We were given a method for changing the constitution: passing and repealing amendments. Admittedly, passing and repealing amendments is a very difficult thing to do, and that's by design. It can be changed, but if and only if the entire country is on board with the proposed changes. Progressives try to get around that by saying that the constitution can or needs to be reinterpreted for our time without the need for amendments, but that's wrong. It undermines the importance and the value of the constitution. It undermines the concept of a society governed by rule of law. If you wanna call not allowing that evangelical, then so be it, but the justices that sit on the Supreme Court are supposed to be constitutional scholars and they're supposed to understand precisely what the founders intended by what they wrote, and pass judgments on issues that arise based on that. So the justices sitting on the Supreme Court are supposed to be originalists.

lost in melb.
09-26-2020, 08:01 AM
I have a scanner/printer combo. I like to print images of my hairy white ass and nutsack and mail them to people I don't like.

Say, what's your mailing address? :nana:

:watching:

https://i.ibb.co/H7Pk776/0y3atcokyr351.jpg (https://ibb.co/LSg2SSm)

The constitution is the law, from sea to shining sea. It wasn't supposed to be reinterpreted on a whim because of people's feelings. If you could do that whenever you felt like it, then what's the point of having a constitution to begin with? If you can reinterpret law whenever you felt like, then what's the point of having a society governed by the rule of law? The law becomes meaningless if you don't hold to it's meaning and intention. The constitution is static. The founding fathers had very particular reasoning and intended meaning for what they wrote. We were given a method for changing the constitution: passing and repealing amendments. Admittedly, passing and repealing amendments is a very difficult thing to do, and that's by design. It can be changed, but if and only if the entire country is on board with the proposed changes. Progressives try to get around that by saying that the constitution can or needs to be reinterpreted for our time without the need for amendments, but that's wrong. It undermines the importance and the value of the constitution. It undermines the concept of a society governed by rule of law. If you wanna call not allowing that evangelical, then so be it, but the justices that sit on the Supreme Court are supposed to be constitutional scholars and they're supposed to understand precisely what the founders intended by what they wrote, and pass judgments on issues that arise based on that. So the justices sitting on the Supreme Court are supposed to be originalists.

I get it and kind of agree. I wonder though what the constitution was before the present one?

Also, the supreme court has changed major stuff over the years...did they really adhere to the constitution by the letter then?

DemonGeminiX
09-26-2020, 10:28 AM
:watching:

https://i.ibb.co/H7Pk776/0y3atcokyr351.jpg (https://ibb.co/LSg2SSm)

That made me laugh... jerk. :lol:

I get it and kind of agree. I wonder though what the constitution was before the present one?

Also, the supreme court has changed major stuff over the years...did they really adhere to the constitution by the letter then?

If you're talking about documents, then pre-constitution post-Revolution, the founders had the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union. The government was decidedly different back then. We had the Congress of the Confederation up until everybody decided that it wasn't working and we needed something new. It's a fascinating thing to read about, but it's far too long to post about in considerable detail.

The Supreme Court has changed stuff over the years... not really. Congress changes things. They're the legislative branch. Ideally, the Supreme Court is only supposed to rule whether the things that are changed are constitutional or not, or whether the parties involved need to go pound sand back to the lower courts to duke it out on their own. They're not supposed to legislate from the bench, and that's why I had a problem with the whole gay marriage ruling. It's not in their constitutional power to do stuff like that. It should have been left up to the states. Frankly, I didn't give a shit whether gay and lesbian people could get married or not, I just didn't think the Supreme Court had the constitutional authority to say so. And like I said before, the Supreme Court is a political beast. Even though the justices that get put there should be originalists, the majority of the time, they're beholden to their masters, the President and Congress, at least up until they're confirmed for the seat. Obama nominated and got a few activist judges. So did Bill Clinton (RBG was one of Clinton's). Trump, both of the Bush Presidents, and Reagan got conservative judges... not necessarily originalists, mind you, but they were conservative. Gorsuch is more of an originalist, but Kavanaugh is more conservative conscious.

And no, elected and appointed officials post-founders have been violating the constitution, then reaffirming it again, then violating it again, then reaffirming it again, over and over again since the last of the founding fathers had mostly passed on. It's a frustrating dance to watch.

I've said this before and I honestly believe it, that if the founding fathers were alive today, they'd execute a whole mess of elected and appointed people, then they'd marvel at how we butchered the English language, marvel at how we got so many things wrong, and probably would set out to rewrite the constitution to make it more clear (as if it actually needed it... but really, you just can't trust people to understand things today).

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2020, 02:12 PM
Looks like Roku and NBCUniversal have come to an agreement. Peacock was available as a new app this morning on my Roku.

lost in melb.
09-26-2020, 02:34 PM
Thanks dgx, that's interesting... Just to check,
I've said this before and I honestly believe it, that if the founding fathers were alive today, they'd execute a whole mess of elected and appointed people, then they'd marvel at how we butchered the English language, ...

What did you mean by execute? :-k

FBD
09-26-2020, 02:47 PM
Fox News confirms that Trump will nominate Amy Coney Barrett for the Supreme Court to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

She's supposedly an originalist, so let's hope she doesn't turn out to be another Roberts.Its going to come out that Bush installed Roberts at the behest of the English crown, wait for it!

So the constitutional equivalent of an evangelical Christian?most of 'em's beliefs are consistent with the constitution

An interesting place to start is with the revelation that there was an original 13th amendment that differed from the "current" 13th amendment.
https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/the-case-of-the-missing-13th-amendment-to-the-constitution
If you follow the trail from here, you wind up discovering that "the constitution" we use today is a set of corporate bylaws used by the corporation of the United States and it resembles The Constitution For These United States of America rather closely. Except for that whole matter of the original only having 12 Amendments, because once the banksters "got paid" for financing the civil war, it included the corporate overlay that we see today. So as you will see if you dig enough, adhering to the letter of the Constitution was enough of a problem that they made a forgery of it and shoehorned it into the confines of maritime Admiralty Law, which never ever should have been in use on land.

Before that, see DGX's response ;)

If you're talking about documents, then pre-constitution post-Revolution, the founders had the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union. The government was decidedly different back then. We had the Congress of the Confederation up until everybody decided that it wasn't working and we needed something new. It's a fascinating thing to read about, but it's far too long to post about in considerable detail.

The Supreme Court has changed stuff over the years... not really. Congress changes things. They're the legislative branch. Ideally, the Supreme Court is only supposed to rule whether the things that are changed are constitutional or not, or whether the parties involved need to go pound sand back to the lower courts to duke it out on their own. They're not supposed to legislate from the bench, and that's why I had a problem with the whole gay marriage ruling. It's not in their constitutional power to do stuff like that. It should have been left up to the states. Frankly, I didn't give a shit whether gay and lesbian people could get married or not, I just didn't think the Supreme Court had the constitutional authority to say so. And like I said before, the Supreme Court is a political beast. Even though the justices that get put there should be originalists, the majority of the time, they're beholden to their masters, the President and Congress, at least up until they're confirmed for the seat. Obama nominated and got a few activist judges. So did Bill Clinton (RBG was one of Clinton's). Trump, both of the Bush Presidents, and Reagan got conservative judges... not necessarily originalists, mind you, but they were conservative. Gorsuch is more of an originalist, but Kavanaugh is more conservative conscious.

And no, elected and appointed officials post-founders have been violating the constitution, then reaffirming it again, then violating it again, then reaffirming it again, over and over again since the last of the founding fathers had mostly passed on. It's a frustrating dance to watch.

I've said this before and I honestly believe it, that if the founding fathers were alive today, they'd execute a whole mess of elected and appointed people, then they'd marvel at how we butchered the English language, marvel at how we got so many things wrong, and probably would set out to rewrite the constitution to make it more clear (as if it actually needed it... but really, you just can't trust people to understand things today).There's a decent argument that could be made that it was fledgling oligarchs who decided the States needed to band together...

Thanks dgx, that's interesting... Just to check, ...

Execute as in d-e-d, like what's coming for John Brennan

DemonGeminiX
09-26-2020, 08:50 PM
Thanks dgx, that's interesting... Just to check, ...

I mean execute... put to death. To understand why I feel that way, we'd have to delve into the history of the colonies leading up to the Revolution and go over everything the British did to the colonists, how those things shaped the US government and the Bill of Rights, and what governments, both federal and state, have been doing for the past 150 years that makes me believe that the founders would be absolutely livid if they came forward in time to see what their efforts had wrought. Again, a very long discussion and I don't feel like typing it all out, let alone make you read it.

Pony
09-27-2020, 12:05 AM
Looks like Roku and NBCUniversal have come to an agreement. Peacock was available as a new app this morning on my Roku.

Now I just need Roku to come to an agreement with Warner media over HBO Max.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2020, 12:13 AM
Now I just need Roku to come to an agreement with Warner media over HBO Max.I'm sure the agreement with Peacock will now put more pressure on HBO Max to get a deal done.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2020, 04:08 PM

She's supposedly an originalist, so let's hope she doesn't turn out to be another Roberts.1309916696296198146

DemonGeminiX
09-27-2020, 04:24 PM

The last time I checked, children are adopted because their biological parents give them up. So the biological parents are cutting themselves out of the picture, and it has nothing to do with the people adopting them.

DemonGeminiX
09-28-2020, 08:53 AM
I've seen everything I need to see and know everything I need to know. My ballot's been filled out and I'll mail it in by the end of the week.

lost in melb.
09-28-2020, 09:16 AM
The last time I checked, children are adopted because their biological parents give them up. So the biological parents are cutting themselves out of the picture, and it has nothing to do with the people adopting them.

Not necessarily so. Back in the mid-twentieth century we forcibly removed Aboriginal children from their parents and put them up for adoption

DemonGeminiX
09-28-2020, 09:33 AM
Not necessarily so. Back in the mid-twentieth century we forcibly removed Aboriginal children from their parents and put them up for adoption

Good point. I didn't think of that. In the US, children are removed from homes when it's determined that the home/parents are detrimental to the child's well-being. But in that case, parents are effectively removing themselves from the picture by not providing a beneficial environment for the child to be raised in. The children are usually placed with family, though. They're not usually put up for adoption.

However, I doubt that this is what the tweeting race-baiter had in mind.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-28-2020, 09:43 AM

Spoken like a true Colonizer :hand:

DemonGeminiX
09-28-2020, 09:48 AM

Wait a minute... you guys really did that? :-s

DemonGeminiX
09-28-2020, 09:49 AM
Spoken like a true Colonizer :hand:

:slap:

You shush.

FBD
09-28-2020, 12:40 PM
I mean execute... put to death. To understand why I feel that way, we'd have to delve into the history of the colonies leading up to the Revolution and go over everything the British did to the colonists, how those things shaped the US government and the Bill of Rights, and what governments, both federal and state, have been doing for the past 150 years that makes me believe that the founders would be absolutely livid if they came forward in time to see what their efforts had wrought. Again, a very long discussion and I don't feel like typing it all out, let alone make you read it.

see lost, I only sound crazy because I'm leaping straight for the clitoris :dance:

DemonGeminiX
09-29-2020, 12:16 AM
Amazon Prime Day(s) has been announced. It's October 13-14.

I should prepare myself for the yearly disappointment.

Godfather
09-29-2020, 06:40 AM
Fucking amazon man.

I got a notification today that the hand sani I bought in April is counterfeit. This is a fairly well-known brand name that was on Health Canada's approved list of products. The order was shipped and fulfilled by Amazon Canada directly. I bought two 750ml bottles to fill small bottles when all the shelves were cleared out, and sent my wife off to work at the hospital with them during a pandemic... and the product was garbage. All the times I've pulled bandaids and weird stuff out of my dog's mouth and then hand-sanitized with this fake shit *shudders*

To Amazon's credit they refunded me right away when I sent a support ticket, but they have a huge issue with fake shit. I've had a couple items now that were clearly fake or deceptive despite being Amazon FBA, but this one takes the cake.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-29-2020, 10:18 AM
Amazon Prime Day(s) has been announced. It's October 13-14.

I should prepare myself for the yearly disappointment.

:facepalm:

Fucking amazon man.

I got a notification today that the hand sani I bought in April is counterfeit. This is a fairly well-known brand name that was on Health Canada's approved list of products. The order was shipped and fulfilled by Amazon Canada directly. I bought two 750ml bottles to fill small bottles when all the shelves were cleared out, and sent my wife off to work at the hospital with them during a pandemic... and the product was garbage. All the times I've pulled bandaids and weird stuff out of my dog's mouth and then hand-sanitized with this fake shit *shudders*

To Amazon's credit they refunded me right away when I sent a support ticket, but they have a huge issue with fake shit. I've had a couple items now that were clearly fake or deceptive despite being Amazon FBA, but this one takes the cake.

Not absolving Amazon, but to be fair, there was A LOT of crap hand sanitizer being marketed and sold during this whole thing. They (Amazon) aren't the only company that got bit by this. Fucking people out there trying to take advantage of all the panic buying and selling 'snake oil'.

lost in melb.
09-29-2020, 11:54 AM
Wait a minute... you guys really did that? :-s

Yeah, unbelievable huh? Can you imagine the psychological pain.

Official government estimates are that in certain regions between one in ten and one in three Indigenous Australian children were forcibly taken from their families and communities between 1910 and 1970.

DemonGeminiX
09-29-2020, 04:38 PM
Yeah, unbelievable huh? Can you imagine the psychological pain.

I'd point the finger and call y'all pieces of crap, but upon investigation, I learned that we, and most other Western nations, pulled the same crap with different minority groups, indigenous and otherwise, over a similar time frame.

We're all a bunch of assholes.

DemonGeminiX
09-29-2020, 04:41 PM
And my face is red, but that's what happens when you drag a piece of sharpened metal across your face and you don't lather your face up sufficiently. I've been shaving for more than 30 years. You'd think I would have figured it out by now.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-29-2020, 04:46 PM
And my face is red, but that's what happens when you drag a piece of sharpened metal across your face and you don't lather your face up sufficiently. I've been shaving for more than 30 years. You'd think I would have figured it out by now.

https://i.imgur.com/zl8wduo.png

I tried this stuff on a whim and I really like it.

DemonGeminiX
09-29-2020, 05:06 PM
The Biden campaign initially agreed to having Biden checked for an ear piece prior to the debate, but now they're reneging on that. They're also trying to get the Trump campaign to agree to several breaks. The Trump campaign has said no. I'm starting to think that those who said Biden's gonna pull out right before the debate just might be right. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-29-2020, 05:06 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zl8wduo.png

I tried this stuff on a whim and I really like it.

I'll check it out.

FBD
09-29-2020, 05:11 PM

I hate that the only co who makes a good razor is fkn Gilette....any other brand is basically good for 1-2 maybe 3 shaves and the razors are fkn toast.

brah pitt
09-30-2020, 12:19 AM
My body is ready for tonight.

Let Trump come out with jabs and body blows and when Glass Joe tries to defend himself, DJT puts him down permanently.

http://i.imgur.com/klOU3A2.jpeg

DemonGeminiX
09-30-2020, 02:58 AM
Chris Wallace definitely showed his true colors tonight.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-30-2020, 10:22 AM
Chris Wallace definitely showed his true colors tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPn0KFlbqX8

Teh One Who Knocks
09-30-2020, 04:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/l8UErMDh.jpeg

Smoke from the fires is REALLY bad here today. :|

Muddy
09-30-2020, 06:06 PM
The Proud Boys are not a white supremacist group.

FBD
09-30-2020, 06:26 PM

:hand: most of them have white skin

Muddy
10-01-2020, 12:04 AM
:hand: most of them have white skin

Yeah except their frakkin leader..!

Godfather
10-01-2020, 05:56 AM
https://i.imgur.com/l8UErMDh.jpeg

Smoke from the fires is REALLY bad here today. :|

Is that from Oregon and Cali or do you guys have your own fires? We're getting it from there right now again. Not to blame, usually it's fires from within the province but we had a wet summer.

Godfather
10-01-2020, 06:09 AM

What are they?

DemonGeminiX
10-01-2020, 08:19 AM
What are they?

The Proud Boys were founded in 2016 by Vice Media co-founder Gavin McInnes and described themselves at the time as a politically incorrect men’s club for “Western chauvinists."

Current Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who is Afro-Cuban, says the group has "longstanding regulations prohibiting racist, white supremacist or violent activity," Ronald D. Coleman wrote in an email to USA TODAY. Coleman said he is a spokesman for the Proud Boys.

"We do not care what color you are or what your background is ... if you love America ... we consider you a brother," Tarrio said in a written statement provided by Coleman. The group condemns racism, fascism, communism and socialism, the statement says.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/09/30/who-proud-boys-group-mentioned-debate-has-violent-history/5868406002/

No offense, but I believe Gavin McInnes is one of yours.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2020, 10:24 AM
Is that from Oregon and Cali or do you guys have your own fires? We're getting it from there right now again. Not to blame, usually it's fires from within the province but we had a wet summer.

From both...this year we have the largest and 3rd largest fires in state history burning. Compound that with the rest of the fires all over the west and it's been a very bad summer air quality wise.

lost in melb.
10-01-2020, 11:33 AM
From both...this year we have the largest and 3rd largest fires in state history burning. Compound that with the rest of the fires all over the west and it's been a very bad summer air quality wise.

Can't believe they are still going... It's not even summer

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2020, 11:42 AM

It's still been pretty warm here for this time of year. And the one that is the 3rd largest is the one closest to Denver and it's only about 27% contained last time I heard.

KevinD
10-01-2020, 01:26 PM
Hmm. Wife just told me to keep an eye out for FedEx today and tomorrow. Seems my early Christmas present is coming in. She won't tell me what it is.. The only thing I can think of is a couple months ago I showed her a cheap guitar I was thinking of buying just to try.

FBD
10-01-2020, 09:27 PM

*bites tongue* :shifty:

Muddy
10-01-2020, 10:28 PM
Hmm. Wife just told me to keep an eye out for FedEx today and tomorrow. Seems my early Christmas present is coming in. She won't tell me what it is.. The only thing I can think of is a couple months ago I showed her a cheap guitar I was thinking of buying just to try.

Best of luck..!

DemonGeminiX
10-02-2020, 03:57 PM
Utah Senator Mike Lee has tested positive for Covid-19.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2020, 04:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HqZKDmkh.jpeg

Smoke is even worse today than it was the other day.

FBD
10-02-2020, 04:39 PM
:hand: can still see the mountains

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2020, 04:39 PM
:hand: can still see the mountains

Where? :-s

FBD
10-02-2020, 04:42 PM
Where? :-s

I pass all the color detection eye tests :dance:

KevinD
10-02-2020, 11:04 PM
Hmm. Seems wifey-poo can't read emails correctly. Apparently the guitar is shipping out today. This means it'll arrive while I'm away at work next week. Oh well. The place she ordered it from (thoman) has a decent return policy if there's something wrong with it.

The guitar is the Harley Benton DC jr fat in red.

KevinD
10-03-2020, 02:05 AM
Surprise, Surprise, surprise

It actually showed up today.

DemonGeminiX
10-03-2020, 04:22 AM
I've been looking at the Harley Bentons. They're supposed to be really good.

I love cheap shit. :lol:

KevinD
10-03-2020, 11:42 AM
The only real complaint is there's a fair amount of dust tyle stuff under the finish. You can't see most of it, but can feel it. I hit the back and neck with some 4000 grit sanding pads, and it smooth now. The fretboard is listed as ebony. Nice and dark, tight grain. Frets are a normal polish. Ill polish them some more today when I change strings. The fret edges are surprisingly good. The action from 7th fret up was a tad higher than I like, so I dropped the bridge. Its fine now though the bridge is all the way down now. The neck relief is normal. Not sure I like the pickup, but I've never had a p90, so ill reserve judgment until I've played it some more. It actually has a long neck tenon. Go figure. Overall, its out of the box condition was much better than the couple of gibson DC jr I played in GC and SA. Hranted, this is the only HB I've held, but if the other products are similar, I don't hesitate recommend them. Granted, a major brand will always be worth more, but $250 vs $1000?

DemonGeminiX
10-03-2020, 12:05 PM
The cool thing about decent cheap guitars is that you don't feel the least bit guilty spending a little more to upgrade the components. With expensive guitars, they're supposed to be that way, and if you don't like it, then why the hell did you fork out the cash for it to begin with? If it's an expensive guitar I'm gonna need to play it through an amp and run it through its paces before I open up my wallet. I have to be sure that I love it from the get-go. But if it's a cheap guitar, I can buy it online without a second thought. Unless the neck sucks, then I can deal with the issues after I find out what they are when I receive it.

KevinD
10-03-2020, 01:58 PM
My thoughts exactly. I wanted a DC jr type guitar, to see if I like it, but didn't want to spend Gibson money, so started looking around the budget guitar world. HB had overall great reviews. I was going to buy the regular HB DC jr, then they came out with the "fat" its supposed to have a thicjer neck, and ebony fretboard. I havent put my calipers on the neck yet, but it feels great to me. I don't like the tone pot ( its a push pull) and turns too easily. But that stuff, like you mentioned is easily changed. At the dentist today. Will fart around with it later

FBD
10-03-2020, 03:48 PM
The action from 7th fret up was a tad higher than I like, so I dropped the bridge. Its fine now though the bridge is all the way down now.

you shouldnt have to bottom out the bridge to balance the sumbich - sometimes if the truss is too loose, people wind up going after the bridge. especially if you're talking 7th fret, it makes me think that your truss is likely a little more loose than it should be.

KevinD
10-03-2020, 04:10 PM
Checked the neck with a stewmac tool (with fret cutouts) seemed pretty normal, about how I have my other necks setup with a slight bend. The action wasn't real high, just a tad higher than i like. Looking at the angles, if it was a bolt on, I'd put a neck shim in. I think it's just the bridge. Its kinda like a stopbar combined with a nashville tunomatic. Its thick.

FBD
10-03-2020, 04:53 PM
Checked the neck with a stewmac tool (with fret cutouts) seemed pretty normal, about how I have my other necks setup with a slight bend. The action wasn't real high, just a tad higher than i like. Looking at the angles, if it was a bolt on, I'd put a neck shim in. I think it's just the bridge. Its kinda like a stopbar combined with a nashville tunomatic. Its thick.

ah, gotcha...I usually go for dead flat and as close to the frets as possible without buzz!

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2020, 05:28 PM
Are there any planetary moons visible to the naked eye? :-k

lost in melb.
10-03-2020, 05:39 PM

Nope. But I think a pair of binoculars can

DemonGeminiX
10-03-2020, 06:07 PM

Yeah, Earth's. :razz:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-03-2020, 06:23 PM
Nope. But I think a pair of binoculars canI know you can with binoculars, but this morning in the eastern sky there was either a planet or a star that had a much smaller and much fainter body to the upper right of it. If there's no moons visible to the naked eye, then it must have been a farther distant star.
Yeah, Earth's. :razz::gtfo:

DemonGeminiX
10-03-2020, 09:03 PM
When I graduated from college, I swore up and down that I would never eat another one of those microwaveable TV dinners again. I should have kept that promise. I can't get the salt taste out of my mouth. How the hell did I survive on this garbage?

:yuck:

Griffin
10-03-2020, 11:43 PM

the ones around uranus

FBD
10-04-2020, 01:48 PM
I know you can with binoculars, but this morning in the eastern sky there was either a planet or a star that had a much smaller and much fainter body to the upper right of it. If there's no moons visible to the naked eye, then it must have been a farther distant star. :gtfo:

sounds like
https://earthsky.org/upl/2020/10/East-Regulus-Venus-Oct-2020-2-3-2020-.jpg

DemonGeminiX
10-04-2020, 09:48 PM
Then when he's found who he's looking for
Listen in awe and you'll hear him...

Hugh_Janus
10-05-2020, 07:31 PM
if you have sex with a woman who used to be a man but they didn't tell you they were a man, is that rape? :-k

Muddy
10-05-2020, 07:33 PM
Oh fuck.. What have you done now?

Hugh_Janus
10-05-2020, 07:41 PM
had a sex change :dance:

Muddy
10-05-2020, 08:13 PM
Well... Ok.. I don't judge... :lol:

Griffin
10-06-2020, 01:49 AM
A man who recently had a sex-change operation was talking to his former buddies at work about the operation.
"Was it painful?" someone asked.
"Well,"she said. "There was one part that was extremely painful."
"I bet I know what part was so painful," someone else said. "I bet it was when they cut off your cock balls," they said.
"No," she said. "I was heavily sedated and didn't feel a thing."
"Then it must have been when they put in the breast implants" another person offered.
"No," she said. "I was sedated then too, and didn't feel anything."
"Then what part of the operation was so painful?" They wanted to know.
"Well," she said. "After they were done cutting, they stuck a straw in my ear and sucked out half of my brains."

FBD
10-06-2020, 12:57 PM
A man who recently had a sex-change operation was talking to his former buddies at work about the operation.
"Was it painful?" someone asked.
"Well,"she said. "There was one part that was extremely painful."
"I bet I know what part was so painful," someone else said. "I bet it was when they cut off your cock balls," they said.
"No," she said. "I was heavily sedated and didn't feel a thing."
"Then it must have been when they put in the breast implants" another person offered.
"No," she said. "I was sedated then too, and didn't feel anything."
"Then what part of the operation was so painful?" They wanted to know.
"Well," she said. "After they were done cutting, they stuck a straw in my ear and sucked out half of my brains."

if you want to know what's truly the most painful part, go look at post op horror stories and the massive regrets that follow...and make sure your stomach is empty if you view any of those pics

DemonGeminiX
10-06-2020, 05:54 PM
I need to construct a master list of (American) Chinese dishes that doesn't contain shrimp and shellfish products.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2020, 06:02 PM
I need to construct a master list of (American) Chinese dishes that doesn't contain shrimp and shellfish products.

Sweet and sour shrimp? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2020, 06:03 PM
Why is today going by so slow? :suicide:

DemonGeminiX
10-06-2020, 07:12 PM
Sweet and sour shrimp? :-k

FBD
10-06-2020, 07:15 PM

allergic?

PorkChopSandwiches
10-06-2020, 07:16 PM
Insomnia will be the death of me

DemonGeminiX
10-06-2020, 07:18 PM
allergic?

Yep.

Insomnia will be the death of me

If by insomnia you mean Gavin Newsom, then...

FBD
10-06-2020, 07:25 PM
Insomnia will be the death of mestart a morning workout routine, it'll only be a matter of time

Yep.ahh that sucks. at least general tso's chicken is on the ok list!

PorkChopSandwiches
10-06-2020, 07:50 PM
start a morning workout routine, it'll only be a matter of time

:tup:

KevinD
10-06-2020, 09:41 PM
Nissan Kicks is a horrible highway vehicle

FBD
10-07-2020, 12:49 PM
wow, its nice having a new hub on my passenger side :lol:

Hugh_Janus
10-07-2020, 07:26 PM
I'm crazy but you like that

KevinD
10-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Well, that went waaaayyy better than expected. Esp for first day back at work.

Looks around, waiting for the other shoe to drop...

DemonGeminiX
10-08-2020, 01:30 PM
Supernatural resumes its final season tonight.

FBD
10-08-2020, 02:12 PM
wow, its nice having a new hub on my passenger side :lol:

made me realize how shitty the hub is on my driver's side :lol: but I gotta redo the intake and pass emissions before I worry about that

best part is when I changed the hub I noticed I had 3 lug nuts on :dance:

DemonGeminiX
10-08-2020, 05:26 PM
I'd walk, but I want it
Oh, what a fool believes
I've get her in my sights
But just outta reach
Well...

Teh One Who Knocks
10-08-2020, 05:41 PM
How is it possible that the individual days this week feel like they are going by so s-l-o-w-l-y yet the week seems to be flying by? :-k

FBD
10-08-2020, 06:06 PM
I've got a real strange relationship with time :lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-08-2020, 06:44 PM
How is it possible that the individual days this week feel like they are going by so s-l-o-w-l-y yet the week seems to be flying by? :-k

Because you're a weirdo?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-08-2020, 07:06 PM

Because you're a weirdo?

:beatdown:

Goofy
10-08-2020, 07:22 PM

Because you're a weirdo?

:beatdown:

I think DGX has a point :-k

:outtahere:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-08-2020, 07:28 PM
I think DGX has a point :-k

:outtahere:

:fire:

DemonGeminiX
10-08-2020, 07:32 PM
[-(

Only weirdos resort to violence when it's pointed out to them that they're weirdos.

DemonGeminiX
10-08-2020, 07:43 PM
Netflix is releasing The Haunting of Bly Manor tomorrow.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-08-2020, 07:46 PM
[-(

Only weirdos resort to violence when it's pointed out to them that they're weirdos.

:acid:

Goofy
10-08-2020, 07:53 PM
:fire:
[-(

[-(

:agreed:

FBD
10-08-2020, 07:55 PM
https://s.hdnux.com/photos/61/03/75/12861289/11/940x0.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
10-08-2020, 08:02 PM
:agreed:

:catapult:

Goofy
10-08-2020, 08:16 PM
:shakehead:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-08-2020, 09:52 PM
:shakehead::machinegun:

Godfather
10-09-2020, 05:48 AM
Went on my first in-person lunch with a client in 6 months today. I've been respectful to offer all my meetings 'in person if you're comfortable, or via zoom' and everyone has chosen zoom up until this week. A client finally asked for a real meeting. I'm a little worried still, more that I'll get someone else sick and feel awful about it than for myself... but I have to say it felt damn good to get out on the road again, put on a suit and chat about work in person.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-09-2020, 12:23 PM
Went on my first in-person lunch with a client in 6 months today. I've been respectful to offer all my meetings 'in person if you're comfortable, or via zoom' and everyone has chosen zoom up until this week. A client finally asked for a real meeting. I'm a little worried still, more that I'll get someone else sick and feel awful about it than for myself... but I have to say it felt damn good to get out on the road again, put on a suit and chat about work in person.

:rip: GF

Teh One Who Knocks
10-09-2020, 12:23 PM
They shot a movie once, in my hometown
Everybody was in it, from miles around
Out at the speedway, some kind of Elvis thing
Well, I ain't no movie star
But I can get behind anything
Yeah, I can get behind anything

KevinD
10-09-2020, 11:50 PM
salted peanuts and Stella Artois = not really a good mix.

Griffin
10-10-2020, 02:00 AM
have you tried getting your wife to lick the salt off your nuts first?

lost in melb.
10-10-2020, 05:27 AM
have you tried getting your wife to lick the salt off your nuts first?

Thanks man

:bleach:

FBD
10-10-2020, 01:20 PM
:lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-10-2020, 05:39 PM
With a hip-hip and a clippity-clop
He's out lookin' for a top to chop
So don't stop to figure out a plan
You can't reason with a headless man

Teh One Who Knocks
10-12-2020, 10:14 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Hosers :thumbsup:

lost in melb.
10-12-2020, 11:17 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Hosers :thumbsup:

Hold on... Isn't it November

Griffin
10-12-2020, 11:26 AM
hosers=Canadian. Canadian Thanksgiving is today

FBD
10-12-2020, 11:39 AM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/3o7qDXl8rgNUGgReSs/source.gif

https://www.quotemaster.org/images/d2/d296841c49018163dd57f58dda705578.jpeg

FemdomFilmFan
10-12-2020, 07:40 PM
Pretty quiet. :(

Hugh_Janus
10-12-2020, 08:13 PM
I'm sexy and I know it

Muddy
10-12-2020, 08:14 PM
I'm sexy and I know it

Are you too sexy for your shirt?

Hugh_Janus
10-12-2020, 08:23 PM
bruh, I'm too sexy for everything

DemonGeminiX
10-12-2020, 08:48 PM
Amazon prime day(s) starts at midnight. Prepare for a bunch of useless shit to go on sale. Or maybe wait until Black Friday in November when all of the same useless shit goes on sale again.

KevinD
10-12-2020, 09:28 PM
Time for some double drop D.

Alright you heathens, I didnt say Double Ds......lol

DemonGeminiX
10-13-2020, 04:55 AM
Jensen Ackles is joining The Boys in season 3. The show runners are trying to get Jeffrey Dean Morgan to join the show as well. The show runners are the same guys that ran Supernatural. Jim Beaver was in season 2 and will probably be in future seasons.

DemonGeminiX
10-13-2020, 06:58 PM
No idea why I bother. Nothing I want is on sale again. It's all crap.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2020, 07:06 PM

:empathy:

:daisy:

DemonGeminiX
10-13-2020, 07:35 PM
What a bunch of shit. Why'd they even bother?

DemonGeminiX
10-13-2020, 07:53 PM
I just placed an order... at Walmart.com.

DemonGeminiX
10-13-2020, 09:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXj1PrglKxA

DemonGeminiX
10-13-2020, 10:22 PM

And they just delivered the first part of my order 5 minutes ago. So I'm guessing it was in stock at my local Walmart, so they went and picked the stuff off the shelves, threw it in a bag, jumped in a car, and drove 2 minutes to my house, rang the doorbell, and gave it to me.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2020, 10:21 AM

And they just delivered the first part of my order 5 minutes ago.

:saysyou:

DemonGeminiX
10-14-2020, 10:50 AM
:saysyou:

[-(

Green isn't a good color on you.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2020, 10:52 AM
[-(

Green isn't a good color on you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRZ-IxZ46ng

Goofy
10-14-2020, 12:06 PM
Always the same tbh, ive got a £10 off voucher for prime day but theres nothing i want :lol: Might talk myself into a wah-wah pedal.......

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2020, 12:10 PM
Always the same tbh, ive got a £10 off voucher for prime day but theres nothing i want :lol: Might talk myself into a wah-wah pedal.......

:wah:

Goofy
10-14-2020, 12:15 PM
Bought a Fire Tablet HD 10 - £80, thats my mums christmas sorted :lol: She has the 7 version atm and uses it all the time so be a nice upgrade :)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2020, 12:22 PM
Bought a Fire Tablet HD 10 - £80, thats my mums christmas sorted :lol: She has the 7 version atm and uses it all the time so be a nice upgrade :)

Where's my gift? :-s

Goofy
10-14-2020, 12:25 PM
Where's my gift? :-s
You'll have to carry me for 9 months first :lol:

FBD
10-14-2020, 01:28 PM

I've got the dimebag darrell one, variable Q, variable center frequency, pretty decent. (doesnt do bass very well tho)

wish I could remember what kind of wah my buddy has, its an expensive one and insanely customizable

DemonGeminiX
10-14-2020, 02:15 PM

Nothing cries quite like a Crybaby.

DemonGeminiX
10-14-2020, 02:32 PM
I've got the dimebag darrell one, variable Q, variable center frequency, pretty decent. (doesnt do bass very well tho)

wish I could remember what kind of wah my buddy has, its an expensive one and insanely customizable

There are bass wahs and envelope filters.

If I could use a wah, then I might go with the 535Q.

https://www.jimdunlop.com/cry-baby-535q-multi-wah/

FBD
10-14-2020, 02:39 PM
aw shit, my buddy just send me a screen shot of a police trainer arcade game down in stamford...might have to get that sumbich

PorkChopSandwiches
10-14-2020, 04:02 PM
Post it up

FBD
10-14-2020, 04:31 PM
Post it up

even better, the guy dropped the price to 600 :dance: I'll post up some pics when we get it....that ad is on my phone

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0863/0580/files/IMG_0269_large.JPG

this will somewhat make up for Operation Wolf being an absolute motherfucker and I'm on to logic probing the bastad when I get the time

its gonna be great when we show up with another arcade game at the garage, uncle swayback is going to flip a lid :lol:

damn this guy has been trying to sell this since august and had it at 1500 back then, lol. my buddy asked me if I wanted to go get it tonight, sweet

PorkChopSandwiches
10-14-2020, 08:27 PM
I want a full size Tron and Addams Family pinball

Goofy
10-14-2020, 08:55 PM
On a long and lonesome highway, East of Omaha.........You can listen to the engine, Moanin' out his one note song...........You can think about the woman, Or the girl you knew the night before

KevinD
10-15-2020, 01:47 AM
My personal fave Segar song:

Who wants to brave those
bronzed beauties, Lyin in the sun
with their long soft hair fallen, flying as they run
ah they smile so shy and they flirt so well and
they lay me down so fast they look up and say
Oh lord am I really here at last?

lost in melb.
10-15-2020, 01:58 AM
even better, the guy dropped the price to 600 :dance: I'll post up some pics when we get it....that ad is on my phone

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0863/0580/files/IMG_0269_large.JPG

this will somewhat make up for Operation Wolf being an absolute motherfucker and I'm on to logic probing the bastad when I get the time

its gonna be great when we show up with another arcade game at the garage, uncle swayback is going to flip a lid :lol:

damn this guy has been trying to sell this since august and had it at 1500 back then, lol. my buddy asked me if I wanted to go get it tonight, sweet

Is this a fetish of yours? :-s

Goofy
10-15-2020, 07:32 AM
Its back up to £149.99 today :dance:

lost in melb.
10-15-2020, 09:28 AM
Its back up to £149.99 today :dance:

A good feeling isn't it :woot:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2020, 10:06 AM
On a long and lonesome highway, East of Omaha.........You can listen to the engine, Moanin' out his one note song...........You can think about the woman, Or the girl you knew the night before

My personal fave Segar song:

Who wants to brave those
bronzed beauties, Lyin in the sun
with their long soft hair fallen, flying as they run
ah they smile so shy and they flirt so well and
they lay me down so fast they look up and say
Oh lord am I really here at last?

I was a little too tall
Could've used a few pounds
Tight pants points hardly reknown
She was a black haired beauty with big dark eyes
And points all her own sitting way up high
Way up firm and high

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2020, 10:07 AM
A good feeling isn't it :woot:

Exploiting the enslaved Chinese workers? :-s

Goofy
10-15-2020, 12:05 PM
I was a little too tall
Could've used a few pounds
Tight pants points hardly reknown
She was a black haired beauty with big dark eyes
And points all her own sitting way up high
Way up firm and high
Workin' on the night moves :serenade:

Exploiting the enslaved Chinese workers? :-s
Yup! :woohoo:

FBD
10-15-2020, 12:29 PM
Is this a fetish of yours? :-s

:lol: a fetish? nah, my buddies and I were hanging out some time back talking about old arcade games, and we had a short list of ones we'd like to own. double dragon wasnt necessarily super high up on my list since there's accurate roms of it, but games like Operation Wolf and Police Trainer there simply arent any reproductions of them.

bastad put us off last night on picking it up since he got called into work, dunno if schedules line up today. soon.

Muddy
10-15-2020, 12:57 PM
I like the pinball games..

FBD
10-15-2020, 01:01 PM
I like the pinball games..

I'd love to get one eventually, those fuckers are expensive tho

Muddy
10-15-2020, 01:05 PM
I'd love to get one eventually, those fuckers are expensive tho

We had a refurb shop down in the city where you could pick them up for about $750. My homeboy has 3. Xenon, Future spa, and I cant think of the 3rd right now.

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2020, 01:10 PM
I miss arcades.

:sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2020, 01:11 PM
I miss arcades.

The sounds, the smells....begging your mom and/or dad to give you some quarters so you can go play....good times. And kids today have no idea what they missed by growing up in that era.

FBD
10-15-2020, 01:18 PM
hell yeah, me and my buddy used to ride our bikes down the train tracks as a shortcut

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2020, 02:15 PM
Is success skill and effort or good luck?

Muddy
10-15-2020, 02:16 PM

I think it also depends on the forthright to take some personal chances and face failure.

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2020, 02:22 PM
I think it also depends on the forthright to take some personal chances and face failure.

So it's luck then?

FBD
10-15-2020, 02:25 PM

yes, and add in perseverance

Muddy
10-15-2020, 02:29 PM
So it's luck then?

Wellll.. I dunno.. The forthright is being made on a calculated plan..

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2020, 02:30 PM

Life is all predetermined :hand:

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2020, 02:44 PM
Wellll.. I dunno.. The forthright is being made on a calculated plan..

But that doesn't guarantee anything.

Muddy
10-15-2020, 02:48 PM
But that doesn't guarantee anything.

No.. But some people just seem to have what it takes to consistently succeed.

FBD
10-15-2020, 02:51 PM
all one can do is arrange the conditions so as to provide fertile ground for the probabilities to hopefully manifest, but the wave function makes no guarantees

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2020, 02:58 PM
No.. But some people just seem to have what it takes to consistently succeed.

If you immediately know the candle light is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago.

Muddy
10-15-2020, 03:25 PM
:bong:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2020, 03:26 PM
:bong:

Though the river tells no lies the dishonest man standing on the shore, still hears them.

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2020, 03:59 PM
Shut up, Oma.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2020, 04:04 PM
Shut up, Oma.

Lightning flashes, sparked showers, in one blink of an eye, you have missed seeing.

Hugh_Janus
10-15-2020, 04:31 PM
cardi b.... I probably would smash and I hate myself for it

FBD
10-15-2020, 04:42 PM
:lol: am reminded of an old hustler cartoon where a guy's trying to stick his dick in a nasty hooker and his dick is quite visibly trying to get away and he's yelling at it saying "get the fuck in there, I paid for this!"

Hugh_Janus
10-15-2020, 04:47 PM
:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-15-2020, 04:48 PM

:puke:

Hugh_Janus
10-15-2020, 05:28 PM
I know... I'm ashamed

Muddy
10-15-2020, 06:05 PM

Is this a Haiku?

Godfather
10-16-2020, 05:46 AM
Is this a Haiku?

:rofl: It's close, hilarious catch.

Muddy
10-16-2020, 04:15 PM
Lance, can we V-bookie the presidential election?

DemonGeminiX
10-16-2020, 04:34 PM
So you have to give a phone number to look at Instawhores? Fuck that, I'll just wait until y'all post them.

DemonGeminiX
10-16-2020, 11:00 PM
I light my torch and wave it for the new moon on Monday and a fire dance through the night.
I stayed the cold day with a lonely satellite.

FBD
10-17-2020, 02:18 PM

and let's make it interesting instead of just saying trump or biden, close it at least a few weeks after the election, include potential trump & biden actions

and probably get it done soon so that our bets can be recorded before the internet goes down :lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-17-2020, 06:20 PM
And did we tell you the name of the game, boy?
We call it "Riding the Gravy Train"....

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2020, 06:21 PM
She was a be-bop baby on a hard day's night.
She was hangin' on Johnny , he was holdin' on tight
I could feel her coming from a mile away.
There was no use talking, there was nothing to say
When the band began to play and play.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2020, 10:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/chPRejmh.jpg

Smoke from the nearest fire to Denver. It's exploded in the last few days. It's now the largest wildfire in Colorado history, closing in on 200K acres with no end in sight. They're now closing multiple highways in the area and evacuating entire towns. It's gotten really bad.

brah pitt
10-18-2020, 01:17 AM
ROLL TIDE

lost in melb.
10-18-2020, 02:56 AM
https://i.imgur.com/chPRejmh.jpg

Smoke from the nearest fire to Denver. It's exploded in the last few days. It's now the largest wildfire in Colorado history, closing in on 200K acres with no end in sight. They're now closing multiple highways in the area and evacuating entire towns. It's gotten really bad.

Unbelievable. Can they account for why the fires are so bad this year?

DemonGeminiX
10-18-2020, 04:05 AM

I'm pretty sure that a majority of them were caused by people, so it's probably because people are idiots or assholes or both.

FBD
10-18-2020, 02:04 PM

are ya gonna throw something at me if I tell ya why :razz: (no, the Ts arent doing it directly, use getting useful I's to do it for them)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-18-2020, 04:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that a majority of them were caused by people, so it's probably because people are idiots or assholes or both.Pretty much what DGX said, but a big part of it is the EXTREMELY dry summer we had this year. More than 60% of the state is in a condition of extreme drought while the rest of it is in drought condition. We're several inches behind on precipitation this year. Plus it's been a really windy summer too. The perfect wildfire conditions.

DemonGeminiX
10-18-2020, 08:07 PM

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to buy a telecaster sometime next year.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-18-2020, 08:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6qu5ICyl.jpg

Ready to drop in the ballot drop off box after work tomorrow.

KevinD
10-18-2020, 10:06 PM

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to buy a telecaster sometime next year.

I love mine. I actually sold my American professional tele and bought the MIM roadworn. It's a keeper. I might, might buy one of the new roadworn strats too.

FBD
10-19-2020, 01:20 PM
I dont think I've ever bothered to try playing a tele

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2020, 02:02 PM
Two new wildfires popped up over the weekend, not terribly far away from the largest one. :|

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2020, 02:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2IqS2mVtkE

Teh One Who Knocks
10-20-2020, 11:40 AM
Standing in the rain, with his head hung low
Couldn't get a ticket, it was a sold out show
Heard the roar of the crowd, he could picture the scene
Put his ear to the wall, then like a distant scream
He heard one guitar, just blew him away
He saw stars in his eyes, and the very next day

Bought a beat up six string, in a secondhand store
Didn't know how to play it, but he knew for sure
That one guitar, felt good in his hands
Didn't take long, to understand
Just one guitar, slung way down low
Was a one way ticket, only one way to go
So he started rockin', ain't never gonna stop
Gotta keep on rockin', someday gonna make it to the top

Griffin
10-20-2020, 11:51 AM
I bet you always wanted to be a Juke Box Hero

Teh One Who Knocks
10-20-2020, 11:52 AM
I bet you always wanted to be a Juke Box Hero

Nope, I have absolutely ZERO musical talent. I couldn't carry a tune if you put in a Ziploc bag, sealed it, put that bag in a box, closed it and taped it up and then wrapped it completely in shrink wrap. :lol:

FBD
10-20-2020, 12:00 PM
I remember playing that song on vinyl when I was young and imagining myself in every bit of it...but not imagining myself, imagining me being that guy, more like. I used to do shit like that when I was young.

except slinging your guitar way down low only looks good, what it really does is bring your hands out of good position for playing :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2020, 01:33 PM
You may bury me with an enemy in Mount Calvary
You can stack me on a pyre and soak me down with whiskey
Roast me to a blackened crisp and throw me in a pile
I could really give a shit - I'm going out in style

You can take my urn to Fenway spread my ashes all about
Or you can bring me down to Wolly Beach
And dump the sucker out
Burn me to a rotten crisp and toast me for a while
I could really give a shit, I'm going out in style

DemonGeminiX
10-21-2020, 07:03 PM
A book I ordered 3 months ago finally arrived today. I raised hell about it with the shipping companies back then. I guess they found it and remembered me.

FBD
10-21-2020, 07:42 PM
that reminds me, I keep meaning to pick up a copy of weatherman's guide to the sun

Hugh_Janus
10-21-2020, 08:14 PM
interior crocodile alligator

KevinD
10-21-2020, 09:48 PM
The Gotoh locking tuners are fantastic. I might put the same ones on my les paul. After changing the bridge, the tuners, and shimming the stock pickup, I really, really love this guitar. Pluggged it into the cranked Blackstar, threw on the Soul Food, and instant Malcom Young tone.....fan fing tastic

I really can't believe how nice this cheap guitar plays and sounds.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2020, 09:12 AM

You mean something like this thread? - http://www.tehfalloutshelter.com/showthread.php?100239-Odds-to-win-the-2020-United-States-Presidential-Election

The one that has been up for almost a year and a half? :-k

And to use the mention feature so people know you've tagged them, you have to use their forum screen name.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2020, 10:32 AM
One of the newest fires that started in the last week has gone from 19K acres yesterday to almost 40K acres this morning. They're evacuating several entire towns in the area of the fire.

Pony
10-22-2020, 10:53 AM
You mean something like this thread? - http://www.tehfalloutshelter.com/showthread.php?100239-Odds-to-win-the-2020-United-States-Presidential-Election

The one that has been up for almost a year and a half? :-k

And to use the mention feature so people know you've tagged them, you have to use their forum screen name.

I think he wanted a short term poll with just Trump and Biden, that poll has been closed for awhile now to voting.

DemonGeminiX
10-22-2020, 10:57 AM
That asshole really did it. Obama really said that his policies created the good economy that Trump had before Covid-19 hit.

Pony
10-22-2020, 11:08 AM
That asshole really did it. Obama really said that his policies created the good economy that Trump had before Covid-19 hit.

The only surprising part about that is the millions of people that actually believe him.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2020, 11:09 AM
https://i.imgur.com/09VsNkH.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2020, 11:11 AM
I think he wanted a short term poll with just Trump and Biden, that poll has been closed for awhile now to voting.

Well, I only closed it about a month ago, it has been up there for almost 18 months.

DemonGeminiX
10-22-2020, 12:31 PM

I think I have enough delay pedals.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2020, 12:38 PM
One of the newest fires that started in the last week has gone from 19K acres yesterday to almost 40K acres this morning. They're evacuating several entire towns in the area of the fire.

They underestimated the size, as of just a few minutes ago, the estimated size of this fire is now 125K acres :|

Colorado is on fire.

Muddy
10-22-2020, 12:41 PM

:lol: good point.

FBD
10-22-2020, 12:49 PM

I think I have enough delay pedals.

I remember getting my first DOD Delay back in the early 90s and thinking wow, this makes you sound like you're playing a million miles an hour :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2020, 12:50 PM
They underestimated the size, as of just a few minutes ago, the estimated size of this fire is now 125K acres :|

Colorado is on fire.

https://i.imgur.com/qtg5jsf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/S00WdNY.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NhNdhQh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Dl8M4G0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0eRZHQ7.jpg

Muddy
10-22-2020, 12:54 PM
Fuggin hell man.. That thing is still going on..?. Do you guys expect any rains anytime soon?

FBD
10-22-2020, 01:09 PM
Fuggin hell man.. That thing is still going on..?. Do you guys expect any rains anytime soon?

It'll be snow :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2020, 01:23 PM

That's a new fire, only been going on for less than a week and already 125K acres. The biggest one is still going too, been several months and it's at 206K acres last time I saw.

Might get snow this weekend, but who knows where it will actually end up falling.

Muddy
10-22-2020, 01:38 PM
That's a new fire, only been going on for less than a week and already 125K acres. The biggest one is still going too, been several months and it's at 206K acres last time I saw.

Might get snow this weekend, but who knows where it will actually end up falling.

Are any of these pictures taken by you?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2020, 01:41 PM
Are any of these pictures taken by you?

Yes, all of them. In my spare time I'm a fire chaser :)

Muddy
10-22-2020, 01:45 PM
:triggered:

Pony
10-22-2020, 01:59 PM
:shock:

Goofy
10-22-2020, 02:18 PM
Yes, all of them. In my spare time I'm a fire chaser :)

https://i.imgur.com/v2quaea.gif

Teh One Who Knocks
10-23-2020, 11:18 AM
https://i.imgur.com/HpG0Lwe.jpg

Up to 170K acres now and it's become the 2nd largest wildfire in state history.

Muddy
10-23-2020, 12:24 PM
I think President Trump did a much better job at last nights debate. Really eased a lot of my hesitation.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-23-2020, 01:50 PM
Soooooo....here's a hypothetical. Biden wins on election day, let's say easily so that it's not going to be a contested election. But, between election night and inauguration day, something happens to Biden or god forbid, he dies from something. What happens then? The Constitution doesn't address this at all. I mean it doesn't make Harris the President because she's NOT the VP at the time this happens, she's just the VP Elect. She's not the one that people voted for to be the next President. Would it go to the congress? The courts?

Pony
10-23-2020, 02:55 PM
Soooooo....here's a hypothetical. Biden wins on election day, let's say easily so that it's not going to be a contested election. But, between election night and inauguration day, something happens to Biden or god forbid, he dies from something. What happens then? The Constitution doesn't address this at all. I mean it doesn't make Harris the President because she's NOT the VP at the time this happens, she's just the VP Elect. She's not the one that people voted for to be the next President. Would it go to the congress? The courts?

If Biden wins in a landslide, we can probably assume the Dems will keep the house and take the senate.....

Griffin
10-23-2020, 03:04 PM
... and that Beelzebub is now controlling the whole shit show.

Muddy
10-23-2020, 03:07 PM

It sickens me that she was chosen solely because of her race and gender. If Biden really cared about the American voters he would have selected the #2 selection or the runner-up to be his running mate.

Hugh_Janus
10-24-2020, 06:36 PM
nid wy'n gofun bywyd moethus, aur y byd na'i berlau man, gofun wyf am calon hapus, calon onest, calon lan

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2020, 08:30 PM
nid wy'n gofun bywyd moethus, aur y byd na'i berlau man, gofun wyf am calon hapus, calon onest, calon lanPe dymunwn olud bydol,
Hedyn buan ganddo sydd;
Golud calon lān, rinweddol,
Yn dwyn bythol elw fydd.

Pony
10-24-2020, 09:29 PM
So power went out last night for 3 hours and I finally got a chance to use my little generator. Hooked up the propane tank, threw an extension cord through the window and plugged in a lamp, laptop,TV, antenna amplifier and my wifi router. (satellite internet and the tower had battery backup and a generator)

Worked a treat! :tup: Watched Raised by Wolves for a few hours til the lights came back up.

Muddy
10-25-2020, 12:57 AM
So power went out last night for 3 hours and I finally got a chance to use my little generator. Hooked up the propane tank, threw an extension cord through the window and plugged in a lamp, laptop,TV, antenna amplifier and my wifi router. (satellite internet and the tower had battery backup and a generator)

Worked a treat! :tup: Watched Raised by Wolves for a few hours til the lights came back up.

On the island?

lost in melb.
10-25-2020, 05:50 AM
I think President Trump did a much better job at last nights debate. Really eased a lot of my hesitation.

Much better. hopefully that's the human being behind the scenes rather than the grotesque animal that he turns into in front of the camera sometimes

Pony
10-25-2020, 06:20 AM
On the island?

Yup, storm rolled through and took out a line one island south of me. That line feeds us too. I'm closing up the place this weekend.

DemonGeminiX
10-25-2020, 07:42 AM
There are a metric ton of horror movies on Prime... and the majority of them are utter shit.

Muddy
10-25-2020, 11:38 AM
Yup, storm rolled through and took out a line one island south of me. That line feeds us too. I'm closing up the place this weekend.

Thats cool you have found a place you love..

DemonGeminiX
10-26-2020, 09:05 AM
Welp, I slipped trying to make a transfer to my bed, and now I have a nasty little gash in my lower left leg. Just spent the last hour cleaning and dressing it, trying to stop the bleeding. Yay, hardwood floors.

:meh:

Goofy
10-26-2020, 10:20 AM
nid wy'n gofun bywyd moethus, aur y byd na'i berlau man, gofun wyf am calon hapus, calon onest, calon lan
Pe dymunwn olud bydol,
Hedyn buan ganddo sydd;
Golud calon lān, rinweddol,
Yn dwyn bythol elw fydd.
:drunk:

There are a metric ton of horror movies on Prime... and the majority of them are utter shit.
Yup :|

Welp, I slipped trying to make a transfer to my bed, and now I have a nasty little gash in my lower left leg. Just spent the last hour cleaning and dressing it, trying to stop the bleeding. Yay, hardwood floors.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-26-2020, 10:28 AM

Shudder

Rub some dirt on it :x

DemonGeminiX
10-26-2020, 10:38 AM
Shudder

I just saw that AMC has a new streaming service available on Amazon Prime for $9 called AMC+. From wikipedia:

AMC+ is a premium streaming bundle that includes the best of AMC, BBC America, IFC and SundanceTV, plus the complete collections of Shudder, Sundance Now and IFC Films Unlimited. With AMC+ you get early access to favorites, plus exclusive series and tons of acclaimed movies and shows— all Ad Free. The price depends on where you subscribe: Amazon Channels and Apple TV Channels have it for $8.99/mo; Xfinity have it for $4.99/mo, and on Dish and Sling TV is available for ~$7/mo.

And :slap: at that last part. Staph-related tissue infections are no laughing matter, young man. :nono:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-26-2020, 10:52 AM
I really like Shudder, it has a crap ton of stuff, originals, and new stuff and old stuff. If you can get it in a bundle, I'd say go for it. I like Sundance too, there some good dramas on that streaming service.

And rubbing dirt on it solves everything :hand:

Pony
10-26-2020, 11:22 AM
Just hit a deer while going 75 on the highway. Dont know what shape the deer is in but my car needs a new bumper. Maybe I should rub some dirt on it....

Teh One Who Knocks
10-26-2020, 11:26 AM
Just hit a deer while going 75 on the highway. Dont know what shape the deer is in but my car needs a new bumper. Maybe I should rub some dirt on it....

Is your car bleeding? :-s

You okay bud?

Pony
10-26-2020, 11:35 AM
Is your car bleeding? :-s

You okay bud?

Yea, road was wet so I couldn't swerve as aggressively as I needed to. Fucker paused right as I got to him and I clipped him in the ass. Big SOB too! Took out the corner of my bumper, the wheel shield and probably the air intake box. Still drivable so I consider myself lucky.