PDA

View Full Version : Post what you are thinking at this very moment

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221

DemonGeminiX
11-24-2020, 06:49 PM
You can't make an omelette without cracking a few eggs :hand:

I didn't make an omelette. :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-24-2020, 07:24 PM
I didn't make an omelette. :sad2:

Crack some more eggs :dunno:

DemonGeminiX
11-24-2020, 11:03 PM
Sport the war!
War support!
The sport is war, total war!
When victory's a massacre
The final swing is not a drill
It's how many people I can kill

FBD
11-25-2020, 02:27 PM
Sport the war!
War support!
The sport is war, total war!
When victory's a massacre
The final swing is not a drill
It's how many people I can kill

will never forget the first time hearing that drum fill

DemonGeminiX
11-25-2020, 03:49 PM
Really, Microsoft, if you're not going to make it easy for me to log in to my account on Edge after I've disabled all the bloated spyware shit that I don't want, then there really is no reason to keep it installed on my computer at all.

FBD
11-25-2020, 05:55 PM
time to go get some lunch and go play a round of disc golf and try not to throw out my arm :lol: its fuggin cold out, I'm contemplating some extra layers.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-25-2020, 06:19 PM
The mayor of Denver has told everyone to stay home and not to travel for the Thanksgiving holiday. But of course that doesn't include him as he left on a flight today to go see his family. :roll:

Muddy
11-25-2020, 06:20 PM
The mayor of Denver has told everyone to stay home and not to travel for the Thanksgiving holiday. But of course that doesn't include him as he left on a flight today to go see his family. :roll:

It's not an order though right? Just a request.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-25-2020, 06:22 PM
It's not an order though right? Just a request.

Nope, the city and county of Denver, as well as 14 other Colorado counties, are one 'color' away from being on full lockdown. Can't have more than 5 people in a group unless they are all from the same household.

Muddy
11-25-2020, 06:24 PM
So it is an order..?

FBD
11-25-2020, 06:31 PM
So it is an order..?

an unconstitutional one that carries no lawful weight, yeah

Muddy
11-25-2020, 07:40 PM
an unconstitutional one that carries no lawful weight, yeah

Tell it to the police.. :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
11-25-2020, 09:27 PM
Trump pardoned Michael Flynn. A full pardon.

KevinD
11-25-2020, 10:38 PM
Decided to wax the butcher block counter and bar top on my kitchen island. Been waaaaayyyy to long. Remembered I have an electric buffer. Works damned good. Cats are very, very intrigued.

FBD
11-26-2020, 01:27 PM
Tell it to the police.. :shrug:

which is why there's so many sheriffs saying they will not enforce unlawful dictat

DemonGeminiX
11-26-2020, 02:10 PM

And now the usual suspect Democrats are crying about it, falsely calling it an abuse of power, as if a President has never pardoned anyone ever before.

Why are people voting for these morons?!?

FBD
11-26-2020, 02:13 PM
And now the usual suspect Democrats are crying about it, falsely calling it an abuse of power, as if a President has never pardoned anyone ever before.

Why are people voting for these morons?!?

by and large, they're not :lol:
https://i.imgur.com/RKhZtfm.jpg

Griffin
11-26-2020, 06:17 PM

and the dems are going nuts over it.
They should peruse this list of Obama pardons.
https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-pardons

DemonGeminiX
11-26-2020, 10:57 PM
Fucking hell, I'm stuffed.

lost in melb.
11-27-2020, 12:56 AM
Fucking hell, I'm stuffed.

Food?

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2020, 01:24 AM
Yeah.

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2020, 12:41 PM
A black Friday deal for anybody on the fence with getting Hulu. They're offering the ad-supported version for $1.99/month for 12 months if purchased in the next 3 days. It goes back to $5.99/month after.

https://www.hulu.com/start?cmp=14160&utm_campaign=TVe_Disney_CIM-BFPromo_BFCM&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=TVe_Disney

deebakes
11-27-2020, 03:22 PM
hmmmm... actually tempting... maybe

FBD
11-27-2020, 06:53 PM
I wish I got my review done before today instead of procrastinating and sitting here half the gd day (also procrastinating :lol: ) especially since I already have a list to complete the damned thing.

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2020, 07:26 PM
Today's the first day I've been out in my backyard in a long while. The grass closest to my house is dead. The lawn service the HOA has been using has been cutting the backyard grass closest to the house with a weed-wacker, and they've been weed-wacking the grass down to the dirt.

I pay a lot of money to the HOA for this service. Someone's going to suffer for this.

FBD
11-27-2020, 08:10 PM
wanna take any guesses about how much the rabbits love my back yard :dance: :lol:

Godfather
11-27-2020, 09:52 PM
Today's the first day I've been out in my backyard in a long while. The grass closest to my house is dead. The lawn service the HOA has been using has been cutting the backyard grass closest to the house with a weed-wacker, and they've been weed-wacking the grass down to the dirt.

I pay a lot of money to the HOA for this service. Someone's going to suffer for this.

That's not great. Out of curiosity, is that a super muddy section of grass this time of year? I used to landscape during Uni and some HOA's we handled had areas that were so wet in the Fall that we couldn't run mowers through them without turning it into a mudpile :lol: Had to cut with a weed-wacker... but if you suck with them you'll scalp the lawn which obviously is still dumb.

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2020, 10:01 PM
That's not great. Out of curiosity, is that a super muddy section of grass this time of year? I used to landscape during Uni and some HOA's we handled had areas that were so wet in the Fall that we couldn't run mowers through them without turning it into a mudpile :lol: Had to cut with a weed-wacker... but if you suck with them you'll scalp the lawn which obviously is still dumb.

No, not really. The house was built at the top of a mound so there's a slight downgrade from the foundation in all directions. There's no threat of standing water in my yard. The lawn guys use this huge ass standing mower and it can't get close to concrete walkway, patio, and house foundation edges. They bring in the weed-whackers to cover the areas that the mowers can't get close to. Obviously, the guys doing the weed-whacking have no idea what the hell they're doing. So yeah, they suck.

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2020, 01:44 AM
Don't get involved. Don't get involved. Don't get involved. Don't get involved. Don't get involved. Don't get involved. It's none of your business, Ed. Don't get involved.

Muddy
11-28-2020, 04:12 AM
Don't do anything stupid if you can't handle it..

lost in melb.
11-28-2020, 04:53 AM

What is HOA? Is that a body corporate service?

I solved all the problems with my apartment by becoming the body corporate chair and getting competent people in myself. Too much work though....

deebakes
11-28-2020, 05:19 AM
home owners association

A homeowner's association (HOA) is an organization in a subdivision, planned community, or condominium building that makes and enforces rules for the properties and its residents. Those who purchase property within an HOA's jurisdiction automatically become members and are required to pay dues, known as HOA fees.

google is a wonderful thing :lol:

lost in melb.
11-28-2020, 05:22 AM
home owners association

A homeowner's association (HOA) is an organization in a subdivision, planned community, or condominium building that makes and enforces rules for the properties and its residents. Those who purchase property within an HOA's jurisdiction automatically become members and are required to pay dues, known as HOA fees.

google is a wonderful thing :lol:

ok, so it's a body corporate association. Americans just wanted to change the name got it :tup:

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2020, 05:28 AM
What is HOA? Is that a body corporate service?

I solved all the problems with my apartment by becoming the body corporate chair and getting competent people in myself. Too much work though....

Homeowner's association.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeowner_association

From my experience, when you live in a development governed by an HOA, you pay a yearly HOA fee, and you and every other resident in the development agrees to live by certain rules, mostly having to do with keeping your house and yard up to a certain expected appearance. Most of the people here would tell you that HOAs are penultimate evil, and judging by some of the articles that people/Lance posts about them, I'd agree. However, my HOA isn't that bad. In fact the rules here are pretty laid back, and we all have a say in how things operate. They expect you to do things like yardwork and in general keeping up appearances, mostly stuff most responsible homeowners with a smidgen of pride would do anyway. Our HOA fees go towards various services that mostly benefit us, like lawn care (except when idiots working for a lawn care company don't know not to use a weed-whacker to dig up grass instead of just trimming it). The only real problem living in the development I live in has nothing to do with our HOA at all. It has to do with a resident with a big mouth that can't mind her own fucking business. I'm not on Facebook, but my neighbors are, and I have to listen to what this fucking idiot posts about all the time. Not oddly enough, she's originally from New Jersey. Anyway, other residents got shafted by the county, because the development is right off a major road in the county, and about 2 years in, the county decided to widen the road, effectively tearing down the tree cover that blocked their houses' backyards from road driver's views. It doesn't effect me, because I'm deeper in the development, but it was a pretty shitty thing to have happened to the other residents, and they're all in negotiations with the county as to how they're gonna fix the cover issue.

lost in melb.
11-28-2020, 05:38 AM
Ok, so it kind of pertains to a privately own community. Everything is public here so your local council take care of that sort of stuff, although residents are (by and large) responsible for the lawn strips outside the front of houses. It's a grey area.

Yep, there's always one loudmouthed do-gooder. Hopefully her energy can be directed towards something useful!

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2020, 05:51 AM
Ok, so it kind of pertains to a privately own community. Everything is public here so your local council take care of that sort of stuff, although residents are (by and large) responsible for the lawn strips outside the front of houses. It's a grey area.

Yep, there's always one loudmouthed do-gooder. Hopefully her energy can be directed towards something useful!

It's kinda weird, because where I'm at, our HOA is really lax, but there are two other developments with HOAs that force their residents to do shit like eat at a restaurant inside their development twice a month, which I would be all like, "Go fuck yourself, man" if they tried to pull that horseshit on me. Several years ago, one of the restaurants fired its entire staff, and they brought in a guy claiming to be a cook, but all he knew how to do was make hot dogs, so the residents had to buy an $8 hot dog twice a month as per their by-laws. That shit only lasted for like 4 months, but it was funny as hell. :lol:

And as for the do-gooder, she's an old lady retiree that has nothing better to do. She ain't gonna do anything useful. Like I said, she's from Jersey. I grew up in Jersey, I know how Jersey people are. She just needs to get a hobby and mind her own business. People around here are gonna end up shooting her if she isn't careful. And there's a big-ass swamp not that far away. I'm sure they've got bodies in that swamp, and could probably hide a bunch more.

Godfather
11-28-2020, 06:02 AM
We call HOA's Strata corporations or condominium corporations here. I'm not sure if you have those too?

Stratas or Condos are their own legal entity owned by the unit owners collectively that set bylaws and pay utilities. Usually they exist to own residential high-rises or townhouses - apartment style buildings where you own your own unit (or the air inside the walls basically), and the strata/condo owns the building which the owners collectively run to maintain it, pay insurance, etc. They can be a nightmare when they're run by Karen's who love making rules...

Occasionally these Stratas/Condos are set up for detached home developments, and in those cases they just own the land, while the individuals own the homes that sit on them (the actual building itself, but not the lawns, roads, driveway, etc). That sounds more like what I understand HOA's to be. But they're pretty rare here. Usually detached homes are not on HOA's and just adhere to local municipal bylaws.

FBD
11-28-2020, 01:40 PM
back when I had my condo my HOA called and bitched at me for a coffee can on my back porch....but then again, there was some bitchy old bat that lived 4-5 down from me that was on the board of the HOA and she literally had nothing better to do than walk around the grounds to find things to bitch at people about. that cunt should have been in the over 55 condos where everyone is like that.

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2020, 02:50 PM
back when I had my condo my HOA called and bitched at me for a coffee can on my back porch....but then again, there was some bitchy old bat that lived 4-5 down from me that was on the board of the HOA and she literally had nothing better to do than walk around the grounds to find things to bitch at people about. that cunt should have been in the over 55 condos where everyone is like that.

Yeah, I think everybody on my HOA board works 9-to-5 jobs and has families to take care of.

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2020, 03:19 PM
:lol:

I'm sorry, hun. That wasn't an American phone number you gave me. There's 5 too many digits that I have no idea what to do with. No wonder why your company's in bankruptcy.

lost in melb.
11-28-2020, 03:50 PM
It's kinda weird, because where I'm at, our HOA is really lax, but there are two other developments with HOAs that force their residents to do shit like eat at a restaurant inside their development twice a month, which I would be all like, "Go fuck yourself, man" if they tried to pull that horseshit on me. Several years ago, one of the restaurants fired its entire staff, and they brought in a guy claiming to be a cook, but all he knew how to do was make hot dogs, so the residents had to buy an $8 hot dog twice a month as per their by-laws. That shit only lasted for like 4 months, but it was funny as hell. :lol:

And as for the do-gooder, she's an old lady retiree that has nothing better to do. She ain't gonna do anything useful. Like I said, she's from Jersey. I grew up in Jersey, I know how Jersey people are. She just needs to get a hobby and mind her own business. People around here are gonna end up shooting her if she isn't careful. And there's a big-ass swamp not that far away. I'm sure they've got bodies in that swamp, and could probably hide a bunch more.

Oh man, that is ridiculous. And un-american! what happened to competition and Darwinism?

Somebody just needs to feed her the right kind of mushrooms, and she'll go all dopey and submissive :)

Griffin
11-28-2020, 04:10 PM
you mean go all liberal? :-s

lost in melb.
11-28-2020, 04:36 PM
you mean go all liberal? :-s

I'm not sure why you would associate being liberal with forcing people to eat at a restaurant?

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Oh man, that is ridiculous. And un-american! what happened to competition and Darwinism?

Somebody just needs to feed her the right kind of mushrooms, and she'll go all dopey and submissive :)

It's just an agreement that's made upfront. A choice you make. If you want to live in the development and don't mind having to go out to the development's restaurant twice a month (provided you can get good food for your money), then you do it. Technically, it's not really infringing on anything. You made that choice to agree to the terms of the HOA. You didn't have to move there. There are plenty of other places that you could move to in my county, but there's no security, and they don't have the perks that the HOA developments have. You know what you're getting into before you sign on the dotted line. Unless you're an idiot.

Personally, I'm fairly young and idealistic at 45. I have a problem with 'authority' telling me that I have to do something, and frankly, I prefer to stay at home and cook, so the restaurant requirement thing's a bit too much for me. The other stuff gets done through the HOA fee, or I take care of it myself and I don't mind that because that's stuff I would have done anyway. Truth be told, I don't know many people older than me that mind going out to eat instead of staying in and cooking themselves. Most of the older folks I know are going to restaurants once or twice a week anyway, so it works for them. I've gone out to these restaurants. They're not bad. They're not 4 or 5-star establishments, but they throw together decent meals for an ok price.

But the $8 hotdog for 4 months was still hilarious.

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2020, 12:17 AM
If I buy this now and the lowers become available, I'm gonna be pissed. Also, I will have proved FBD right.

hell yeah man, I've got a Blackstar HT Dual with a '54 Tung Sol double d getter 12AX7 and it gives viciously searing distortion

kinda sounds like you have more of an immediate need for the combo :dance:

That was from a conversation back in the beginning of September. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2020, 02:04 AM
And I did it.

FBD
11-29-2020, 07:00 PM
I didnt replace all the components in that mic, the row of resistors tested out fine and removing them was likely going to be a nightmare for the PCB. I didnt replace those two main caps because I was lazy, and in testing the son of a bitch was quiet. Not too pleased with that, but I guess now I replace those two caps and see what it does. Will post pics if I dont wind up putting it in the goddam 12 ton press and making a $750 hockey puck :lol:

fan fuckin tastic, I somehow only have one 1uf 250v, you mudda fugga :hitler:

its ok I guess, I still havent gotten operation wolf working so I'm going to replace all the caps on those boards and have to put in another order anyway....still tho, wtf

Godfather
11-30-2020, 06:41 AM
For some reason I've stumbled across a youtube rabbit hole of people reviewing first class flight experiences :lol: These videos have millions of views and I'm sure most people are like me and never plan to spend that much cash on an 8 hour flight... but I have to admit it's pretty entertaining to marvel at the product. Maybe it's so entertaining partly because it's such a stark contrast from economy flying.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2020, 12:56 PM
For some reason I've stumbled across a youtube rabbit hole of people reviewing first class flight experiences :lol: These videos have millions of views and I'm sure most people are like me and never plan to spend that much cash on an 8 hour flight... but I have to admit it's pretty entertaining to marvel at the product. Maybe it's so entertaining partly because it's such a stark contrast from economy flying.

It would be nice to fly First Class just one time, but damn, the cost difference between Coach and First Class is absolutely ridiculous.

First Class Denver to Boston non-stop round trip:

https://i.imgur.com/FbrJKos.png

Coach Denver to Boston non-stop round trip:

https://i.imgur.com/y3BK1Gn.png

Almost three times the cost....would be REALLY hard to justify unless you were independently wealthy. Especially for a 4 hour flight.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2020, 01:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/mnix5ay.png

First Class Denver to Paris, France :rofl:

deebakes
11-30-2020, 02:05 PM
i've gotten bumped up to first class on several domestic flights due to status at the airlines. there is nothing about that experience that would justify me spending the extra money for that. can buy the over-priced alcohol in the back that you get for free up front.

never had the privilege of getting that bump internationally, but being able to sleep uninterrupted in a more comfortable seat could be really nice, especially if the expectation is that i will be at my best for a presentation or meeting shortly after arrival.

lost in melb.
11-30-2020, 02:42 PM
i've gotten bumped up to first class on several domestic flights due to status at the airlines. there is nothing about that experience that would justify me spending the extra money for that. can buy the over-priced alcohol in the back that you get for free up front.

never had the privilege of getting that bump internationally, but being able to sleep uninterrupted in a more comfortable seat could be really nice, especially if the expectation is that i will be at my best for a presentation or meeting shortly after arrival.

What's your secret to getting bumped up? Are you suggesting that you pass for respectable or something?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2020, 02:50 PM

$15K would be an expensive night sleep :lol:

deebakes
11-30-2020, 03:03 PM
What's your secret to getting bumped up? Are you suggesting that you pass for respectable or something?

i used to travel a lot :(

DemonGeminiX
11-30-2020, 03:34 PM
Yay! Windows is working again... and I have no idea why.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2020, 03:38 PM
Yay! Windows is working again... and I have no idea why.

Did you confuse an uppy-downy window with a slidey window again and just realize it? :-k

DemonGeminiX
11-30-2020, 03:51 PM
Did you confuse an uppy-downy window with a slidey window again and just realize it? :-k

:-s

What are you talking about? Those app window thingies? I shut that junk off on the very first day I started using Win10. My system looks like it's Windows 7.

I had some kind of MS app error that kept popping up saying I couldn't get to the internet... while I was on the internet. It was preventing me from getting into things, like my email and a few other MS apps I had set to run directly from Windows. So I was having to access everything in some half-assed convoluted way. Well, I got tired of it, and just sat for the past 2 1/2 hours trying to figure out what was going on. I ran through a bunch of things and tried a bunch of fixes, and all of a sudden, everything works again. Since I can't pinpoint which thing worked to fix the problem, I can't really identify what the problem was to begin with. But it's fixed now, so I don't care anymore. I just find it amusing that I fixed a problem without knowing what the problem was and what the fix was and why it worked. Only on Windows. :lol:

Griffin
11-30-2020, 03:52 PM
[-(

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fblog.constellation.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F02%2Fsingle-hung-vs-sliding-windows.png&f=1&nofb=1

DemonGeminiX
11-30-2020, 03:59 PM
Ok, I just finished wrestling with an incredibly frustrating nondetrimental computer problem and successfully beat it (kind of). I'm totally not in This Old House mode, so shut up... both of you. I will not be denied my proud feeling of accomplishment, dammit. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-30-2020, 04:05 PM
... and nothing's on sale again. Man, I need better hobbies. :lol:

Muddy
11-30-2020, 04:10 PM
Man, I need better hobbies. :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/gPHRrAb.jpg

FBD
11-30-2020, 04:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/gPHRrAb.jpg

all its missing is the turret :lol:

Muddy
11-30-2020, 04:21 PM
all its missing is the turret :lol:

There is an $8600 option for adder.

http://www.howeandhowe.com/uploads/1/5/2/4/15246154/ripchair_order_form_dimension_sheet.pdf

FBD
11-30-2020, 04:22 PM
There is an $8600 option for adder.

http://www.howeandhowe.com/uploads/1/5/2/4/15246154/ripchair_order_form_dimension_sheet.pdf

:woot:

Equalizer Shooting System: Set up for crossbow, rifle or both. Comes with Iphone scope for hands free targeting (low functional quadriplegic, can be sip & puff or remote joystick). $8600

Muddy
11-30-2020, 04:24 PM
:woot:

Sip and puff to blow a mother fuckers head off... :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-30-2020, 05:09 PM
If you took that to go hunting, you'd never get anything. Animals would hear it from a mile away and run.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2020, 05:12 PM
Ok, I just finished wrestling with an incredibly frustrating nondetrimental computer problem and successfully beat it (kind of). I'm totally not in This Old House mode, so shut up... both of you. I will not be denied my proud feeling of accomplishment, dammit. :lol:

:empathy:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2020, 05:12 PM
I stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

DemonGeminiX
11-30-2020, 05:16 PM
I stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah

FBD
11-30-2020, 06:06 PM
If you took that to go hunting, you'd never get anything. Animals would hear it from a mile away and run.

would be more fun with a paintball gun mounted to it, larp mechwarrior

lost in melb.
12-01-2020, 02:01 AM
[-(

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fblog.constellation.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F02%2Fsingle-hung-vs-sliding-windows.png&f=1&nofb=1

I think it depends on the design. Technically the window surface area would be the main issue

Griffin
12-01-2020, 02:24 AM
I think it depends on the design. Technically the window surface area would be the main issue

It's all about context. If you don't know the reference your assumption will always be wrong.

Godfather
12-01-2020, 03:55 AM
Of course our office would flood over the weekend and destroy our recently renovated space :lol: What a 2020 thing to happen.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2020, 11:20 AM
Of course our office would flood over the weekend and destroy our recently renovated space :lol: What a 2020 thing to happen.

What's crazier is that you're on the 20th floor :shock:

FBD
12-01-2020, 12:45 PM

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2020, 02:09 PM
I want to be your dominated love slave
I want to be the one that takes the pain
You can spank me when I do not behave
Mack me in the forehead with a chain

Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep

I want you to slap me and call me naughty
Put a belt sander against my skin
I want to feel pain all over my body
Can't wait to be punished for my sins.

Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2020, 02:36 PM
I can't believe it. Those mother fuckers are still out of stock. It's been like a month and a half.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2020, 02:39 PM
I can't believe it. Those mother fuckers are still out of stock. It's been like a month and a half.

Make your own :tup:

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2020, 03:39 PM

:-k

I'd need some tools to do that.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2020, 04:06 PM

I'd need some tools to do that.

Buy some tools :tup:

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2020, 04:26 PM
Buy some tools :tup:

They're out of stock too.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2020, 04:39 PM

They're out of stock too.

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2020, 04:44 PM

But... I'd... need... tools... for... that... too.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2020, 04:47 PM

But... I'd... need... tools... for... that... too.

:facepalm:

How do you think the cave men invented tools? :-s They didn't have tools to use to make tools with :hand:

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2020, 05:04 PM
:suspect:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2020, 05:08 PM
:suspect:

Get crackin' :tup:

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2020, 05:23 PM
[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2020, 05:31 PM
[-(

DO IT!!! :x

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2020, 05:43 PM
:umno:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2020, 05:49 PM
:umno:

I guess that makes you and American't [-(

FBD
12-01-2020, 05:53 PM
I guess that makes you and American't [-(

heh, made me think of some ol buddies of mine

https://img.discogs.com/gwfuLLmnGYJRvYgoHI7loa_CHzM=/fit-in/600x566/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():qualit y(90)/discogs-images/R-9159431-1475831770-4597.jpeg.jpg

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2020, 06:48 PM
We're off to the witch
We may never never never come home
But the magic that we'll feel is worth a lifetime
We're all born upon the cross
We're the throw before the toss
You can release yourself
But the only way is down

We don't come alone
We are fire, we are stone
We're the hand that writes
And quickly moves away

DemonGeminiX
12-02-2020, 02:23 AM
I have a mansion but forget the price
Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice
I live in hotels, tear out the walls
I have accountants pay for it all

They say I'm crazy but I have a good time
I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime.
Life's been good to me so far.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2020, 12:23 PM
And said "doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I said "doctor, to relieve this belly ache"
I said "doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?"
I said "doctor, to relieve this belly ache"
Now lemme get this straight

You put the lime in the coconut, you drank 'em bot' up
Put the lime in the coconut, you drank 'em bot' up
Put the lime in the coconut, you drank 'em bot'up
Put the lime in the coconut, you call your doctor, woke 'I'm up

lost in melb.
12-02-2020, 12:40 PM
[-(

DO IT!!! :x

Do you even know what he's talking about :dunno:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2020, 12:42 PM
Do you even know what he's talking about :dunno:

Do you? :-s

lost in melb.
12-02-2020, 12:45 PM
Do you? :-s

I was hoping you might know :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2020, 12:47 PM

I know lots of things :hand:

Pony
12-02-2020, 01:53 PM

He's talking about making tools to make tools so he can make it himself.

FBD
12-02-2020, 02:19 PM
usually those inanities are at check out :lol:

lost in melb.
12-02-2020, 02:40 PM
I know lots of things :hand:

He's talking about making tools to make tools so he can make it himself.

:yclick::shakehead:

FBD
12-02-2020, 05:04 PM
Well, it was a fun raffle - buddy of mine is a member of a mustang cobra owners forum or something of the like, someone there raffled off a red 93 cobra, 100 bucks a pop, 200 entries. My buddy bought 2, I bought 1, the guy used a random number gen to pick the numbers. First place got the car, second 500, 3rd 250. My number was a couple off from third place, my buddy's was a couple off from first place, but all that really happened is we're collectively out 300 bucks :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2020, 05:10 PM
Well, it was a fun raffle - buddy of mine is a member of a mustang cobra owners forum or something of the like, someone there raffled off a red 93 cobra, 100 bucks a pop, 200 entries. My buddy bought 2, I bought 1, the guy used a random number gen to pick the numbers. First place got the car, second 500, 3rd 250. My number was a couple off from third place, my buddy's was a couple off from first place, but all that really happened is we're collectively out 300 bucks :lol:

The only odds worse than 200-1 are 200-0 :tup:

DemonGeminiX
12-02-2020, 06:41 PM
Health insurance rates are going up again for 2021.

FBD
12-02-2020, 06:50 PM
I'm trying to think if I've even used my health insurance aside from dental cleanings in the past 15 years :lol: It still feels like a bargain for the past few years since my boy's old enough I dont have to have him on my plan any longer and he's got his own job with his own insurance.

DemonGeminiX
12-03-2020, 01:56 AM
What a waste of time.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-03-2020, 03:55 PM
Wife got a new vehicle over the weekend. The lease on the Rogue was ending in a couple of months and she wanted to get something different. So she went back to getting a Pathfinder, something bigger than the Rogue. It's a 2020 model and it was at 0% financing for 72 months, so basically free money. Hard deal to beat.

https://i.imgur.com/qlKUKqph.jpeg

DemonGeminiX
12-04-2020, 12:11 AM
So Hailee Steinfeld has been cast as Kate Bishop. And Lucky the Pizza Dog is confirmed.

Godfather
12-04-2020, 02:45 AM
Well, I haven't royally fucked up a dinner like that in a while :lol: My cod turned to absolute mush the second it hit the pan. Got it delivered from a local company, guess it was shitty fish. Hopefully they're replace it.

lost in melb.
12-04-2020, 05:11 AM
Wife got a new vehicle over the weekend. The lease on the Rogue was ending in a couple of months and she wanted to get something different. So she went back to getting a Pathfinder, something bigger than the Rogue. It's a 2020 model and it was at 0% financing for 72 months, so basically free money. Hard deal to beat.

https://i.imgur.com/qlKUKqph.jpeg

Sweet!

Teh One Who Knocks
12-04-2020, 11:01 AM
So Hailee Steinfeld has been cast as Kate Bishop. And Lucky the Pizza Dog is confirmed.

Hailee is hot :thumbsup:

Well, I haven't royally fucked up a dinner like that in a while :lol: My cod turned to absolute mush the second it hit the pan. Got it delivered from a local company, guess it was shitty fish. Hopefully they're replace it.

What's wrong with fish paste? :-s

FBD
12-04-2020, 06:05 PM
woooooo weeeeeeee I made some general tso's chicken and used a couple smoked habaneros in there for heat, my head be perspirin' :pewpew:

DemonGeminiX
12-05-2020, 10:30 PM
Go far enough and you will reach,
A place where the sea runs underneath.
And we'll see our shadow, high in the sky,
Drying away in the night.

I've sailed the world for seven years,
And left all I love behind in tears.
Won't you come here, wherever you are,
I've been alone long enough.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-07-2020, 03:19 PM
What is the flavor of plain water? :-k

FBD
12-07-2020, 04:18 PM
plain water's flavor is pretty much dictated by the mineral content. but there are definitely other factors that come into play in its enjoyment, for example I have one of those water vortex magnetizer things, and running a bottle though it seems to reduce the viscosity of the water somehow - ionic alignment/coherence is really the only thing relevant there since the permittivity of water is very low. and I cant begin to describe the water from the glacial melt pool that I sampled in alaska, that was a whole nothing thing altogether. if I lived up there I'd be hiking up there regularly with a 5 gallon bottle strapped to my back.

DemonGeminiX
12-07-2020, 05:56 PM
Son of a fucking whore

Teh One Who Knocks
12-07-2020, 06:07 PM
Son of a fucking whore

:snapout:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-07-2020, 06:08 PM
I burned the roof of my mouth on some molten cheese on a slice of pizza on Friday and it still fucking hurts :|

PorkChopSandwiches
12-07-2020, 06:12 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4d/b8/ba/4db8ba184db05cccf611fed0e29ce8a1.jpg

DemonGeminiX
12-07-2020, 06:16 PM
Who the fuck is calling me from Ontario??? And nobody leaves a message. So much for these do not call lists. :rolleyes:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-07-2020, 06:18 PM
Probably GF

DemonGeminiX
12-07-2020, 06:25 PM
GF doesn't live in Ontario, he lives in Nunavut.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-08-2020, 12:07 PM
Where, where, are you tonight?
Why did you leave me here all alone?
I searched the world over,
And thought I found true love.
You met another and
Phht! you were gone.

FBD
12-08-2020, 02:16 PM
:sad:

https://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/3/dimebag-darrell-sunset-chad-lee.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
12-08-2020, 04:07 PM
Take a pull for DIMEBAG

DemonGeminiX
12-08-2020, 05:42 PM
There's a local place offering a "stay-in-your-car" 10-minute oil change for $25.

Why didn't somebody come up with this earlier? :-k

DemonGeminiX
12-08-2020, 05:51 PM
There's a local place offering a "stay-in-your-car" 10-minute oil change for $25.

Why didn't somebody come up with this earlier? :-k

A review from a female google user:

First one to come in and a man saw me, I thought he was going to come help me but he just walked right passed me to the vehicle that had a pretty girl in a low cut tank top in the front seat. Then another man went straight for her. 2 men filling her tires... it was pretty clear why they passed by me and went to her. Then one was especially rude when I asked for help and said I’d pulled up first and didn’t understand why she was helped, he just told me to get back in my car and wait... I will NEVER do business there again or my husband who works on vehicles for his military buddies and could’ve brought A LOT of business to them, but the incredibly unprofessional, rude, and honestly just sleazy encounter I had with the employees ruined that for Take 5. All I needed was 2 tires filled.. I’m also going to share my encounter around KBNB if anyone asks about them. I wish I could give 0 stars since they didn’t even service me.

:rofl:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-08-2020, 05:56 PM
#BeastMode

PorkChopSandwiches
12-08-2020, 07:52 PM
Grewsom has decided outside eating is causing the spread of covid in CA, even though the science tells them more then double that number come from government buildings. I decided months ago I would not be closing my brewery again. But, I will carry on with outdoor dining and employees/customers wearing masks when inside. So far most the southern CA counties that he pushed this order on have said they will not be enforcing it. So my only issue will be if ABC comes and try's to pull my alcohol license. Which I doubt they will as I have been going to plenty of indoor seated restaurants who are still serving alcohol. So I dont believe they are even trying to enforce this nonsense.

The funny part is my food trucks are stoked, they are complaining so many places are closing their doors, they are lining up to come to our spot :lol:

DemonGeminiX
12-08-2020, 08:08 PM
You vill obey!!! Or you shall face ze consequences!!! :hitler:

FBD
12-08-2020, 08:09 PM
https://www.vhaudio.com/v-cap.html

goddam, there's capacitors and then there's capacitors. was watching a ps audio clip figuring I might as well go something high end in this mic.....$77.95 a pop :lol: can get a decent vishay or nichicon for 1/10th that....but muh high end :dance: (more like, 4 bucks lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq5Ph2ySlD8

:-k seeing as how I only need one to test and make sure, I'm going to order a normal one and get the mic up and running first, and if its all good at that point, then I'll spend the buck fitty on hq caps

PorkChopSandwiches
12-08-2020, 08:16 PM
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/130191995_1773641539457809_1971956072624567907_n.j pg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=u5gipnwY4qoAX8WaU5w&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=b29cf854241ca8a33a2614f738f1be02&oe=5FF3A501

FBD
12-08-2020, 08:43 PM
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/130191995_1773641539457809_1971956072624567907_n.j pg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=u5gipnwY4qoAX8WaU5w&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=b29cf854241ca8a33a2614f738f1be02&oe=5FF3A501

:lol: that's awesome....but everyone knows you cant let the smoke out, its what keeps everything working :dance:

KevinD
12-08-2020, 10:03 PM
:lol: that's awesome....but everyone knows you cant let the smoke out, its what keeps everything working :dance:

As an electronic tech, I concur.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-08-2020, 11:18 PM
Where's Muddy been? Vacay?

FBD
12-09-2020, 01:13 AM
either that or he's realized he's going to lose his bet and he's hiding :fbd: :lol: :dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1l-nR1Apj4

Q !!Hs1Jq13jV6 ID: 54e39d No.11953143 📁
Dec 8 2020 17:05:50 (EST) NEW
watch?v=O1l-nR1Apj4📁
Q

PorkChopSandwiches
12-09-2020, 05:00 PM
Where's Muddy been? Vacay?

I think at the river, he sent me some pics the other day

DemonGeminiX
12-09-2020, 11:24 PM
Man, I cannot wait for this horseshit year to be over.

KevinD
12-10-2020, 01:28 AM
I need a haircut...

https://i.postimg.cc/bY5gL6KV/20201209-172509.jpg

lost in melb.
12-10-2020, 01:45 AM
I think at the river, he sent me some pics the other day

Nice

I need a haircut...

Is that legal where you are?

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2020, 01:51 AM
I need a haircut...

My hair's longer than yours. I needed a haircut badly before the Chinese started lying about the pandemic last year.

KevinD
12-10-2020, 02:06 AM
I managed to get one hair cut this year back in March. I got a regular #4on top, and #2 on sides and back.

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2020, 02:54 AM
I managed to get one hair cut this year back in March. I got a regular #4on top, and #2 on sides and back.

I actually bought a set of clippers and a set of hair scissors. I haven't had the courage to use them yet. :lol:

Griffin
12-10-2020, 03:08 AM
I couldn't tell you the last time I had a store bought haircut.

...and it's damn obvious.:lol:

lost in melb.
12-10-2020, 03:43 AM
I cut my own. Number 1.5 all over. Trim the back.

Godfather
12-10-2020, 07:12 AM
I actually bought a set of clippers and a set of hair scissors. I haven't had the courage to use them yet. :lol:

Man, I should find the picture but I did the same.... I had all these zoom calls with clients and had to tidy up my hair, so I just shaved the sides and left the top longer which looked fine from the front on video calls... but I was scared to do the back in the mirror so I just had a mullet for a month. My wife hated it but she wasn't sure how the hell to cut the back of my hair with my weird double crown so she wouldn't fix it either :rofl:

FBD
12-10-2020, 02:06 PM

Man, I should find the picture but I did the same.... I had all these zoom calls with clients and had to tidy up my hair, so I just shaved the sides and left the top longer which looked fine from the front on video calls... but I was scared to do the back in the mirror so I just had a mullet for a month. My wife hated it but she wasn't sure how the hell to cut the back of my hair with my weird double crown so she wouldn't fix it either :rofl:

I started cutting my own hair in 2006 or so, I got sick of going to the fuggin barber, and I'd watched what they do a million times over. For scissor work all you really need to do is take logically contiguous clumps of hair between your fingers and snip above, that's really all they do at the shop anyway. Then choose appropriate buzz for the sides and go bottom to top straight up. You kinda feel like you're giving yourself a jarhead cut at first but that's really just how its done - you basically choose a line where you go from following the skin, to going vertically. Voila!

In 2009 or so, I just said fuckit and started shaving my head :dance:

FBD
12-10-2020, 05:09 PM
I hate it when morons do stupid things in the drive through and try to pick a fight because they were being le stupide.

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2020, 06:38 PM
Covid zapping robots.

Why do I get the feeling this isn't going to end well?

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2020, 10:06 PM
My neighbor spent the entire night in the parking lot at the new Moe's Southwestern grill in town. Apparently, the first 50 customers at newly opened locations win free burritos, one a week, for a year. My neighbor was second in line. :lol:

KevinD
12-10-2020, 11:22 PM
Was the forum down most of the day for anyone else?

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2020, 11:28 PM

No. It wasn't for me.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2020, 11:59 PM
Was fine for me too.

KevinD
12-10-2020, 11:59 PM
Hmm. I just kept getting dns error messages. I was on mobile. So nabbed the network was just busy. Other sites worked fine.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2020, 12:47 AM
Hmm. I just kept getting dns error messages. I was on mobile. So nabbed the network was just busy. Other sites worked fine.I'll reboot the server on the morning when I get to work, just to clean out any cobwebs.

DemonGeminiX
12-11-2020, 02:43 AM
That's enough of that for the evening.

Godfather
12-11-2020, 06:41 AM
Covid zapping robots.

Why do I get the feeling this isn't going to end well?

What's that about?

My wife was telling me they've had these R2D2 looking things they put in hospital rooms to sanitize them with UV light for a few years. Doesn't make much sense to me though, any shadows or corners wouldn't be disinfected.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.4919135.1588271836!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2020, 11:34 AM
I'll reboot the server on the morning when I get to work, just to clean out any cobwebs.

Done.

lost in melb.
12-11-2020, 12:55 PM
What's that about?

My wife was telling me they've had these R2D2 looking things they put in hospital rooms to sanitize them with UV light for a few years. Doesn't make much sense to me though, any shadows or corners wouldn't be disinfected.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.4919135.1588271836!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

That's true, but any exposed area - even if it's got a complicated surface - would be clean. Imagine trying to clean some of that equipment by hand

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2020, 12:57 PM
Imagine trying to clean some of that equipment by hand

https://i.imgur.com/doRupC6l.jpg

lost in melb.
12-12-2020, 02:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/doRupC6l.jpg

Too messy :hand:

Just pop this plutonium in there for a couple of hours

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/Radioisotope_thermoelectric_generator_plutonium_pe llet.jpg

Pony
12-12-2020, 02:20 PM
Too messy :hand:

Just pop this plutonium in there for a couple of hours

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/Radioisotope_thermoelectric_generator_plutonium_pe llet.jpg

I'm gonna break that down and sell it in little chunks as necklaces. To protect against Covid.

BTW, expect a knock on your door after searching for that pic.:lol:

lost in melb.
12-12-2020, 04:27 PM
I'm gonna break that down and sell it in little chunks as necklaces. To protect against Covid.

BTW, expect a knock on your door after searching for that pic.:lol:

I have a VPN :hand:

:doh:

DemonGeminiX
12-13-2020, 10:56 AM
Keep fighting. Just pick yourself back up and keep fighting. You're the only one who can carry this burden. If you couldn't, it wouldn't have been given to you. I know that it feels like too much sometimes. I know you're tired. I know you feel like you've had enough, but it ain't over yet. Keep fighting. Don't give up. Put away your despair and do what's necessary. Take one step at a time. Crawl if you have to. But don't give up. Keep fighting.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2020, 12:57 AM
I have a VPN :hand:

:doh:Like the government couldn't track you thru a VPN :rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2020, 12:59 AM
Annie, are you okay?
So, Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?
Annie, are you okay?
Annie, are you okay?
Annie, are you okay?

lost in melb.
12-14-2020, 01:48 AM

lost in melb.
12-14-2020, 01:49 AM
Like the government couldn't track you thru a VPN :rofl:

No logs policy :nono:

deebakes
12-14-2020, 02:38 AM
Annie, are you okay?
Annie, are you okay?
Annie, are you okay?
Annie, are you okay?

too bad about that whole kid fucking thing

FBD
12-14-2020, 01:07 PM
too bad about that whole kid fucking thing

that's a conspiracy theory far as I can tell. basically it seems that MJ was told he needs to be a pedo, and when he declined, he was told Michael Jackson is going to be a pedo whether you like it or not, so give us some compromising material on you or we start waving bribes at kids with shady parents and you will be publicly accused of being a pedo.

Joe Jackson was the sickass, not Michael.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pnoQqlygQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yTTEwBLfUQ

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2020, 01:12 PM
No logs policy :nono:

:uhhuh:

I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if you're interested :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
12-14-2020, 07:26 PM
President Trump is going to pardon Assange

DemonGeminiX
12-14-2020, 08:04 PM

What about Snowden?

FBD
12-14-2020, 08:08 PM
What about Snowden?

Assange can verify that Seth Rich was who gave up the DNC, he means exponentially more than Snowden, who far as I can tell was a CIA agent contracted to the NSA through Booze Allen Hamilton and was at one point there to leak shit about the NSA's tools. Inter-Agency IC war shit, more or less. Who knows what the full story is on him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chiIIum/status/1338543667628433408

https://i.imgur.com/vEzQjWY.png

PorkChopSandwiches
12-14-2020, 09:30 PM
What about Snowden?

He should

DemonGeminiX
12-14-2020, 11:57 PM
Oh my god, the onslaught of political calls and texts regarding the runoff election in January. Early voting started today and everybody is spamming the house and cellphones to make sure I know.

I already sent in the fucking absentee ballot, now shut the fuck up and go away!

KevinD
12-15-2020, 12:41 AM
One more day..

Griffin
12-15-2020, 02:38 AM
I already sent in the fucking absentee ballot, now shut the fuck up and go away!

If you had registered as a democrat you'd get like 50 more though.

FBD
12-15-2020, 12:53 PM

One thing not considered is that Assange is still in Belmarsh and would more than likely need to be brought home in order to ensure his security, pardoning him while he's still there is likely a death sentence

FBD
12-15-2020, 02:56 PM
"If I were faced with an enemy and a traitor and had but one bullet, I would let the traitor have it"

KevinD
12-16-2020, 04:42 AM
Annnnd home.

Godfather
12-16-2020, 07:19 AM
Company announced a major change to a product we just released 6 months ago for the worse. How nobody got fired for this fuckup I'm not sure, but being in business development, all I've done this week is apologize to our business partners and get yelled at. What a fun week.

lost in melb.
12-16-2020, 10:19 AM
I just closed 336 Chrome tabs on my Android phone

lost in melb.
12-16-2020, 10:20 AM
Company announced a major change to a product we just released 6 months ago for the worse. How nobody got fired for this fuckup I'm not sure, but being in business development, all I've done this week is apologize to our business partners and get yelled at. What a fun week.

Why is changing a product a bad thing. Is it because it's already in production etc.? :-k

FBD
12-16-2020, 01:10 PM
Why is changing a product a bad thing. Is it because it's already in production etc.? :-k

"Major change" is why typically its best to avoid the first year or two of a given production vehicle. I know when I create a process for something, the amount it changes in between instance 1 and instance 4 or 5 is often astronomical, after realizing some on-the-ground realities

FBD
12-16-2020, 09:13 PM
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, my crock pot o chili boiled over and was halfway across the kitchen floor while I was working

DemonGeminiX
12-17-2020, 12:23 AM
Water dissolving and water removing. There is water at the bottom of the ocean. Under the water, carry the water. Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean. Water dissolving and water removing.

Godfather
12-17-2020, 03:41 AM

Basically we've been selling this financial product for 6 months, and are now cutting the benefit by 1/5th only 6 months later because we only just now realized we can't actually afford to offer it.... It's an enormous disaster that makes us look inept :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-17-2020, 02:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/x3ERd3y.png

HBO Max is available on Roku starting today :tup:

Pony
12-17-2020, 02:47 PM
:cheerlead:

lost in melb.
12-17-2020, 02:55 PM
Basically we've been selling this financial product for 6 months, and are now cutting the benefit by 1/5th only 6 months later because we only just now realized we can't actually afford to offer it.... It's an enormous disaster that makes us look inept :lol:

Ahh, now I get it. And you're on the frontline having to explain it all. That's rough!

KevinD
12-18-2020, 12:04 AM
6 fugging hrs today burning weeds/grass out of driveways. Not even 1/4 way done.

DemonGeminiX
12-18-2020, 06:42 AM
Signs, signs
Everywhere there's signs
Fucking up the scenery
Breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that
Can't you read the sign?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-18-2020, 12:23 PM
Well that's been a fun 9 hours or so. About 8 last night I started feeling pain in my abdomen. It wasn't too bad...at first. Not too long after that I was in so much pain I was doubled over. Could barely stand up. Tried to ride it out and it actually did start to back off a little bit where I tried to go to sleep. Just as I dozed off back came the pain, every bit as bad as before. Wife asked if I was okay and I told her I didn't know, but I was going to try and just deal with it until morning. Nope, that didn't work. By 1 AM I woke up the wife and told her that I needed to go to the hospital. Went to the closest one (less than 10 minutes away) and got right in. Took a little bit to get all the preliminary stuff done and luckily the pain backed off from about an 8 to a 4 during this time. Doctor did a quick cursory exam and then wanted blood drawn and a urinalysis done. Ran the urine sample then off to the CAT scan room. That was the test that sealed it....kidney stone. And a huge one too, it's approximately 7mm in size. She said because of the size, now I need to call a urologist and figure out what the next step(s) will be.

By the time I got home from the hospital, it was almost the time I usually get up for work, so here I am. Won't be here TOO long, but I have too much to finish up to miss the whole day. Happy Friday to me.

:suicide:

FBD
12-18-2020, 12:36 PM
ugh you poor bastard. they use ultrasound to break 'em up. from what I understand, that shit happens when you're not uptaking calcium well enough, one of the forums I used to be on some of the guys dug up some data about there being a calcium-magnesium-boron trifecta that helps manage calcium uptake but also other things like sinew repair. I get my traces of boron when I periodically do some alkalizing with some borax.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-18-2020, 12:42 PM
ugh you poor bastard. they use ultrasound to break 'em up. from what I understand, that shit happens when you're not uptaking calcium well enough, one of the forums I used to be on some of the guys dug up some data about there being a calcium-magnesium-boron trifecta that helps manage calcium uptake but also other things like sinew repair. I get my traces of boron when I periodically do some alkalizing with some borax.

Yeah, I think I'd rather have Wu Flu than this to deal with :lol: Luckily it's the only stone that the CAT scan found. so I guess there's a plus there. But definitely not looking forward to dealing with this going forward.

lost in melb.
12-18-2020, 01:49 PM
Well that's been a fun 9 hours or so. About 8 last night I started feeling pain in my abdomen. It wasn't too bad...at first. Not too long after that I was in so much pain I was doubled over. Could barely stand up. Tried to ride it out and it actually did start to back off a little bit where I tried to go to sleep. Just as I dozed off back came the pain, every bit as bad as before. Wife asked if I was okay and I told her I didn't know, but I was going to try and just deal with it until morning. Nope, that didn't work. By 1 AM I woke up the wife and told her that I needed to go to the hospital. Went to the closest one (less than 10 minutes away) and got right in. Took a little bit to get all the preliminary stuff done and luckily the pain backed off from about an 8 to a 4 during this time. Doctor did a quick cursory exam and then wanted blood drawn and a urinalysis done. Ran the urine sample then off to the CAT scan room. That was the test that sealed it....kidney stone. And a huge one too, it's approximately 7mm in size. She said because of the size, now I need to call a urologist and figure out what the next step(s) will be.

By the time I got home from the hospital, it was almost the time I usually get up for work, so here I am. Won't be here TOO long, but I have too much to finish up to miss the whole day. Happy Friday to me.

Shit. Sorry to hear, buddy. That must have been one almighty pain!

FBD
12-18-2020, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I think I'd rather have Wu Flu than this to deal with :lol: Luckily it's the only stone that the CAT scan found. so I guess there's a plus there. But definitely not looking forward to dealing with this going forward.

its one big one though, which is going to unfortunately turn into many small ones once they ultrasound blast it :(

Goofy
12-18-2020, 02:46 PM

My workmate has had kidney stones, apparently its not much fun pissing them out once theyve been broken down :lol:

Godfather
12-19-2020, 07:14 AM
Ugh fuck lance, sorry buddy. That sounds awful. Hope your weekend isn't too miserable waiting on treatment, that sucks.

Griffin
12-19-2020, 09:52 PM
Switched all the labels on the spice rack.
I'm not in trouble yet but the thyme is cumin.

Godfather
12-20-2020, 02:45 AM
My father in law passed away from cancer 5 years ago today.

Such a wonderful man. I was lucky enough to know him almost 10 years, and he died just 6 months after my wife and I were married in 2015. He was so sick at our wedding, but made a speech I can still close my eyes and hear.

Wickedly smart guy, highly specialized neonatal physician who moved to Canada from Northern Ireland for a Fellowship and to leave The Troubles behind after working in an ER and seeing horrific things.

Incredibly avid reader who owned hundreds of books and wrote his own reviews. A music lover, who'd listen to everything, took my wife and I to shows in the grungiest bars and clubs to see some up and coming band he'd discovered, and even came to filthy music festivals with our friends and camped in the mud and dirt. A world traveler, beer lover, marathon runner, massive soccer fan, and absolute foodie. Truly one of the most fascinating people I've ever met. When my wife and I started dating, he didn't know a thing about hockey but started watching it so he could chat to me about the Canucks. What kind of guy who already knows almost everything and has a zillion other hobbies does that, just to connect with the kid dating his daughter? Just an all around loving, super interesting, brilliant, kind, and generous human who should've lived a lot longer.

I don't love the 'lost their battle with cancer' cliche, but my FIL truly fought to the end to enjoy life. I miss him as a friend and a mentor, and wish he could see the wonderful people and physicians that his two daughters are today.

Go get your scheduled colonoscopies boys. Cancer can take even the greatest human beings far too soon.

deebakes
12-20-2020, 04:35 AM
that was beautiful gf :tup:

DemonGeminiX
12-21-2020, 07:34 AM

I wonder when that Chapelwaite series is coming out on Epix?

DemonGeminiX
12-21-2020, 09:01 AM
Today's the first day of winter.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-21-2020, 12:16 PM
Well, I get to go in and see my doctor today so that then he can issue me a referral to see a urologist. Is there any specific reason for this unnecessary extra step instead of just trying to see the urologist that the ER doctor recommended? :facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
12-21-2020, 12:29 PM
Well, I get to go in and see my doctor today so that then he can issue me a referral to see a urologist. Is there any specific reason for this unnecessary extra step instead of just trying to see the urologist that the ER doctor recommended? :facepalm:

So they can charge you more money, of course. Did you try to make an appointment with the urologist on your own?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-21-2020, 12:35 PM
So they can charge you more money, of course. Did you try to make an appointment with the urologist on your own?

Can't, the plan we have at work is an HMO and while we have the freedom to pretty much choose any doctor we want to see, if that doctor is a specialist, then we need a referral from out PCP.

DemonGeminiX
12-21-2020, 01:01 PM
Can't, the plan we have at work is an HMO and while we have the freedom to pretty much choose any doctor we want to see, if that doctor is a specialist, then we need a referral from out PCP.

And of course the ER doctor isn't a PCP, because they never are.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-21-2020, 01:21 PM
And of course the ER doctor isn't a PCP, because they never are.

Exactly. So I get to go through the completely unneeded step of seeing another doctor just to say that yes, I can go see the specialist that the ER doctor told me to go see. Or, there is a chance that my PCP will have a preferred urologist and they may refer me there instead. But either way, this is a wasted step since my PCP can see all my paperwork because they are all in-network.

Pony
12-21-2020, 01:26 PM
What a racket. Still in a lot of pain?

lost in melb.
12-21-2020, 01:29 PM
My father in law passed away from cancer 5 years ago today.

Such a wonderful man. I was lucky enough to know him almost 10 years, and he died just 6 months after my wife and I were married in 2015. He was so sick at our wedding, but made a speech I can still close my eyes and hear.

Wickedly smart guy, highly specialized neonatal physician who moved to Canada from Northern Ireland for a Fellowship and to leave The Troubles behind after working in an ER and seeing horrific things.

Incredibly avid reader who owned hundreds of books and wrote his own reviews. A music lover, who'd listen to everything, took my wife and I to shows in the grungiest bars and clubs to see some up and coming band he'd discovered, and even came to filthy music festivals with our friends and camped in the mud and dirt. A world traveler, beer lover, marathon runner, massive soccer fan, and absolute foodie. Truly one of the most fascinating people I've ever met. When my wife and I started dating, he didn't know a thing about hockey but started watching it so he could chat to me about the Canucks. What kind of guy who already knows almost everything and has a zillion other hobbies does that, just to connect with the kid dating his daughter? Just an all around loving, super interesting, brilliant, kind, and generous human who should've lived a lot longer.

I don't love the 'lost their battle with cancer' cliche, but my FIL truly fought to the end to enjoy life. I miss him as a friend and a mentor, and wish he could see the wonderful people and physicians that his two daughters are today.

Go get your scheduled colonoscopies boys. Cancer can take even the greatest human beings far too soon.

Thanks GF. This was really touching. It sounds like he was an important figure in your life and an amazing father to your wife as well.

I actually had a colonoscopy mid-year and they found a small lump. Operated and removed a few weeks later...in it's early stages and benign, but pretty scary nevertheless!

Teh One Who Knocks
12-21-2020, 01:29 PM
What a racket. Still in a lot of pain?

Yup, it's ridiculous. The great insurance industry at work.

As far as the pain, it comes and goes. Nothing nearly as bad or for as long as the night that sent me to the ER. And been pretty mild since Saturday, but it hit pretty bad for about an hour mid-day and then was still pretty sore all day. Then yesterday it was actually pretty mild, I was surprised. But then this morning it must have shifted a bit because it was sore, but still not horrible.

Pony
12-21-2020, 01:48 PM
:(

Teh One Who Knocks
12-21-2020, 01:50 PM
:(

Yeah, I'm so over this already. I'm just hoping that I can get in to see a urologist sooner rather than later.

DemonGeminiX
12-21-2020, 01:53 PM
Sorry, Lance. I hope you get this junk taken care of quick.

Griffin
12-21-2020, 02:04 PM
Sorry, Lance. I hope you get this junk taken care of quick.

not very sensitive using the word "junk"in this instance. :-s

FBD
12-21-2020, 02:09 PM
Sorry, Lance. I hope you piss those rocks out of your junk right quick.

Pony
12-21-2020, 02:17 PM
Did you try drinking a pint of moonshine with a gallon of water? You'll be shooting pebbles in no time!

Teh One Who Knocks
12-21-2020, 05:43 PM
not very sensitive using the word "junk"in this instance. :-s

:slap:

Don't encourage him :nono:

Did you try drinking a pint of moonshine with a gallon of water? You'll be shooting pebbles in no time!

KevinD
12-22-2020, 01:31 AM
I laughed, but, seriously, Lance, hope all goes well. I've never had any, but I know others that have. By all reports, they suck.

Got and extra 13hrs of work today, tomorrow will likely be longer.

brah pitt
12-22-2020, 02:32 AM
yoyoyoyoyoyoyooyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoy oyoyoyoyoyyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoy oyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoy oyoyoyoyoyoyooyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo yoyoyoyoyyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo yoyoyoyoyoyooyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoy oyoyoyoyyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoy o

Time takes its crazy toll...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnOi9Vem4sc

FBD
12-22-2020, 07:17 PM
I hate clicking on ads, but this thing looks pretty damned useful

https://www.smartsaker.com/pages/saker-contour-gauge-5?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0p7Wtqbi7QIVBKeQBB3ShAAvEAEYAS AAEgKoXPD_BwE

Teh One Who Knocks
12-22-2020, 07:21 PM

https://www.smartsaker.com/pages/saker-contour-gauge-5?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0p7Wtqbi7QIVBKeQBB3ShAAvEAEYAS AAEgKoXPD_BwE

:spam:

Actually it does look pretty useful.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-22-2020, 07:21 PM
Doesn't feel like it's only 3 more days till Christmas.

Griffin
12-22-2020, 08:06 PM

Actually it does look pretty useful.

My grandkids got me one a couple years ago.
I did use it while putting down some flooring, but the grandson has used it way more to "measure" stuff.

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2020, 12:55 AM
Doesn't feel like it's only 3 more days till Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmddeUJJEuU

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2020, 10:58 AM
I just slipped and launched a glass clear across the room. Don't know how it happened but clearly that's a harbinger of things to come today.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2020, 12:04 PM
I just slipped and launched a glass clear across the room. Don't know how it happened but clearly that's a harbinger of things to come today.

Is that something like, if your ear itches that means someone is talking about you? :-k

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2020, 12:33 PM
Is that something like, if your ear itches that means someone is talking about you? :-k

No, nothing quite so insignificant. It's more like the first in a long line of really fucked up things that are going to happen. Now I have to be ridiculously careful and paranoid all day.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2020, 12:35 PM
No, nothing quite so insignificant. It's more like the first in a long line of really fucked up things that are going to happen. Now I have to be ridiculously careful and paranoid all day.

It's not Saturday the 14th though :-k

https://i.imgur.com/KMwwI0M.jpg

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2020, 12:49 PM
I tried watching that recently. It just wasn't as funny as I thought it was back when I was a kid.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2020, 12:50 PM
Awwww :(

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2020, 12:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/UlanOUd.png

A guy on IMDB agrees with you.

Pony
12-23-2020, 12:53 PM

My dick itches, what does that mean?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2020, 12:54 PM

:nutkick:

Pony
12-23-2020, 01:02 PM
:sad2:

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2020, 01:33 PM

You need an antibiotic?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2020, 01:41 PM

FBD
12-23-2020, 02:18 PM
Its nice to be done with work for the year. Just waiting for my boy to get his ass out of bed and call me so we can go have breakfast :woot:

Pony
12-23-2020, 02:50 PM

You need an antibiotic?

Nevermind, I took care of it myself.

:wank:

Griffin
12-23-2020, 02:55 PM

Nevermind, I took care of it myself.

:wank:

wash your junk after taking the dirt road

lost in melb.
12-23-2020, 03:04 PM

Time to sober up? :dunno:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2020, 06:17 PM
Hey, the roof is leakin' and the rain's fallin' on my head, it won't stop
The roof is leakin' and the rain's fallin' on my head, I need a mop
I cried so hard, teardrops on my bed, drippity-drop

DemonGeminiX
12-24-2020, 02:03 AM
Happy Festivus!

Goofy
12-24-2020, 03:43 AM
Someone drunk all my beers and made it look like it was me :(

8-[

lost in melb.
12-24-2020, 03:45 AM

Sticking it to corner-shop Fanny wasn't a good idea :dunno:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3cI2dWhpXIzBORn_cnrazPi1YjTxI2 D8VVQ&usqp=CAU

Teh One Who Knocks
12-24-2020, 06:39 PM
I'm out and not sure how much I will be around over the weekend, so I hope that everyone has a very safe and Merry Christmas. :bye:

FBD
12-24-2020, 07:30 PM
you too Lance!

DemonGeminiX
12-26-2020, 03:42 PM
So Cabelas is having a clearance sale. The problem is they're sold out of most everything that's useful already, and what they do have they're discounting on their inflated prices, which brings the prices down, but still above what the prices were before shitstorm Covid rush drove prices up.