PDA

View Full Version : Post what you are thinking at this very moment

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 [210] 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221

Teh One Who Knocks
12-08-2021, 02:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNelnqsmnlM

DemonGeminiX
12-08-2021, 04:24 PM
Is it Lupus??????

It might be a tumor.

deebakes
12-09-2021, 04:28 AM
it is not a tumah

Teh One Who Knocks
12-09-2021, 08:31 PM
Okay, here's something that happened the other day here at the shop and it still has me a little freaked out.

As everyone here most likely knows, I get into work super early and I'm the first one here every day, so I unlock the gate to the yard, unlock the doors, disarm the alarm system, turn on the lights and compressor, and so on. Well it was Tuesday morning this week and when I first got here I had to use the bathroom as soon as I got here, so all I had done was unlocked the front door, disarmed the alarm, and turned on the lights in the entry way. The bathroom isn't far away from the front door, and two things about the front door is, it slams pretty loudly when someone comes in (spring loaded) and when the alarm is disarmed, the keypad will 'chirp' audibly when the door opens, which when it's quiet in here, you can hear it a fair distance away from the front door and you can easily hear it from the bathroom, even with the door closed.

So, I'm in the bathroom and even though I didn't hear anyone come in the building, I heard footsteps and a light switch getting flipped on. Then a few minutes after that, I heard someone popping open a can of soda. I figured it was just my boss coming in early which 2 or 3 times a year he does if he can't sleep. I didn't think anything about it except to hurry my ass up and get out of the bathroom. So I finish up and head into the back of the shop where the washroom is to change into my work boots and turn on the air compressor. I didn't see him anywhere so I just assumed he went upstairs to where our offices are. So to make it look like I was extra busy I turned on the waterjet since there was a job still in process that had a long runtime. Firing the machine up takes a little while so I was down there getting the machine going for about 15 minutes give or take. After it's fired up and running, I go back towards the front of the shop and turn on the rest of the shop lights and then finally head upstairs. No boss anywhere to be found. So I go back downstairs and look out front and his vehicle isn't there. Weird I thought but maybe he parked out back. So I go back to the back of the shop and look out in the yard and there nothing there either. Now I'm thinking that maybe someone wandered into the building looking to steal stuff thinking the building was unlocked an empty (since I was in the bathroom they wouldn't have known anyone was here). So I look through the whole shop twice and nothing looks out of place and looking outside up and down the street, there's nobody to be seen.

Now at this point I'm borderline worried. I go upstairs again and check in then far back storage area in case someone was hiding up there. Again, nothing. So I go over to the computer that has the security camera system on it. I go back and look at all the cameras pointing at the street and near the two unlocked entrances. The only thing that tripped the cameras was me. Both when I was coming to work and again when I went outside to look if someone was here. Now I'm REALLY creeped out. There have always been weird sounds and happenings here and I'm not the only one that's heard them. Usually when someone is here alone, you can sometimes here things falling onto the floor, sounds like doors opening and closing, just really creepy stuff to hear when you know that you're alone in the building.

This was BY FAR the creepiest instance of this happening to me here and I cannot explain what I heard, especially since the cameras all prove that I was the only one here.

Hugh_Janus
12-09-2021, 08:49 PM
I miss my moustache :sad2:

Pony
12-09-2021, 10:28 PM
Okay, here's something that happened the other day here at the shop and it still has me a little freaked out.

This was BY FAR the creepiest instance of this happening to me here and I cannot explain what I heard, especially since the cameras all prove that I was the only one here.

I bet the hair on the back of your neck was standing up!

DemonGeminiX
12-09-2021, 11:04 PM

As everyone here most likely knows, I get into work super early and I'm the first one here every day, so I unlock the gate to the yard, unlock the doors, disarm the alarm system, turn on the lights and compressor, and so on. Well it was Tuesday morning this week and when I first got here I had to use the bathroom as soon as I got here, so all I had done was unlocked the front door, disarmed the alarm, and turned on the lights in the entry way. The bathroom isn't far away from the front door, and two things about the front door is, it slams pretty loudly when someone comes in (spring loaded) and when the alarm is disarmed, the keypad will 'chirp' audibly when the door opens, which when it's quiet in here, you can hear it a fair distance away from the front door and you can easily hear it from the bathroom, even with the door closed.

So, I'm in the bathroom and even though I didn't hear anyone come in the building, I heard footsteps and a light switch getting flipped on. Then a few minutes after that, I heard someone popping open a can of soda. I figured it was just my boss coming in early which 2 or 3 times a year he does if he can't sleep. I didn't think anything about it except to hurry my ass up and get out of the bathroom. So I finish up and head into the back of the shop where the washroom is to change into my work boots and turn on the air compressor. I didn't see him anywhere so I just assumed he went upstairs to where our offices are. So to make it look like I was extra busy I turned on the waterjet since there was a job still in process that had a long runtime. Firing the machine up takes a little while so I was down there getting the machine going for about 15 minutes give or take. After it's fired up and running, I go back towards the front of the shop and turn on the rest of the shop lights and then finally head upstairs. No boss anywhere to be found. So I go back downstairs and look out front and his vehicle isn't there. Weird I thought but maybe he parked out back. So I go back to the back of the shop and look out in the yard and there nothing there either. Now I'm thinking that maybe someone wandered into the building looking to steal stuff thinking the building was unlocked an empty (since I was in the bathroom they wouldn't have known anyone was here). So I look through the whole shop twice and nothing looks out of place and looking outside up and down the street, there's nobody to be seen.

Now at this point I'm borderline worried. I go upstairs again and check in then far back storage area in case someone was hiding up there. Again, nothing. So I go over to the computer that has the security camera system on it. I go back and look at all the cameras pointing at the street and near the two unlocked entrances. The only thing that tripped the cameras was me. Both when I was coming to work and again when I went outside to look if someone was here. Now I'm REALLY creeped out. There have always been weird sounds and happenings here and I'm not the only one that's heard them. Usually when someone is here alone, you can sometimes here things falling onto the floor, sounds like doors opening and closing, just really creepy stuff to hear when you know that you're alone in the building.

You best start believin' in ghost stories, Miss Turner. You're in one!

Muddy
12-09-2021, 11:16 PM

1. Do you believe in ghosts?
2. Has anyone ever died in there?

Godfather
12-10-2021, 04:23 AM
Well that's just creepy...

lost in melb.
12-10-2021, 06:35 AM
I heard footsteps and a light switch getting flipped on. Then a few minutes after that, I heard someone popping open a can of soda.

Can of soda inventory??

:-k

Godfather
12-10-2021, 07:03 AM
Can of soda inventory??

This needs to be investigated

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2021, 11:38 AM
I bet the hair on the back of your neck was standing up!

For sure, there have been other instances where I've heard weird sounds and have actually went thru the shop to try and find the source, but there was nothing that even compared to what I heard the other day.

1. Do you believe in ghosts?
2. Has anyone ever died in there?

1) I don't know
2) Good question, not sure about that either. Before my boss bought this building, it was a facility for a well drilling company. Before that, I don't know what it was.

Well that's just creepy...

It was very intense.

Can of soda inventory??

This needs to be investigated

No way to know because people bring in all their own stuff and I doubt people would know if something was missing. I keep soda in the mini fridge in the office and I couldn't tell you how many cans are inside it at any one time, especially since my boss helps himself to the inventory whenever he wants.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2021, 01:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/nOeH2VI.png

https://www.hammacher.com/product/elements-of-periodic-table

:wtf:

Pony
12-10-2021, 01:36 PM
For sure, there have been other instances where I've heard weird sounds and have actually went thru the shop to try and find the source, but there was nothing that even compared to what I heard the other day.

Salt the doors and windows of your office. Apparently that will protect you.

lost in melb.
12-10-2021, 01:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/nOeH2VI.png

https://www.hammacher.com/product/elements-of-periodic-table

:wtf:

Does it include Uranium? :-k

Muddy
12-10-2021, 02:10 PM

Who wants to know? :fbd:

Griffin
12-10-2021, 02:28 PM

According to the website, radioactive elements just have a picture in the plastic.

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2021, 03:17 PM
Salt the doors and windows of your office. Apparently that will protect you.

He may want to pick up a crucifix, some silver (bullets), some blunt iron object(s), and a bunch of wooden stakes... maybe a necklace made of garlic.

He could copy some sigils from that 15 year long documentary, Supernatural.

deebakes
12-10-2021, 08:53 PM
i think lance needs hearing aids

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2021, 09:27 PM
Michael Nesmith of the Monkees has died. That leaves Micky Dolenz as the last remaining member alive. Peter Tork and Davy Jones both passed away.

Godfather
12-11-2021, 07:04 AM
https://www.amazon.ca/4M-3446-Fingerprint-Kit/dp/B000GKU7BG

Let's get lance a fingerprint kit

Griffin
12-11-2021, 02:03 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-17-2015/24Y5ID.gif

DemonGeminiX
12-11-2021, 04:47 PM
I texted my nephew: So, where do you want your $50 Amazon.com Christmas gift card to come from?

He texts back: Umm... Amazon, I guess.

:lol: The kid catches on real quick.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2021, 05:34 PM
I texted my nephew: So, where do you want your $50 Amazon.com Christmas gift card to come from?

:lol: The kid catches on real quick.I would have said something like Lowe's. I'd tell you to go to Lowe's, but the Amazon gift card from their card rack, and send me the receipt to prove you got it there.

Godfather
12-11-2021, 05:37 PM

:lol: The kid catches on real quick.

:lol:

My favorite uncle always emails us amazon GC's on Christmas morning. It's really sweet, I keep telling him we're grown adults now this really isn't necessary but he keeps doing it.

DemonGeminiX
12-11-2021, 05:42 PM
I would have said something like Lowe's. I'd tell you to go to Lowe's, but the Amazon gift card from their card rack, and send me the receipt to prove you got it there.

You'd get the text from Amazon with a note from me saying "Lowes was all sold out of physical Amazon gift cards. Enjoy this one that was sent directly from Amazon's e-services".

DemonGeminiX
12-11-2021, 05:48 PM

My favorite uncle always emails us amazon GC's on Christmas morning. It's really sweet, I keep telling him we're grown adults now this really isn't necessary but he keeps doing it.

I guess they both can call me their favorite uncle, since I'm the only uncle they've got. No competition. My sister has to worry, since they have two other aunts on their mother's side of the family.

I've resolved to cut them both off at 25.

My mother's uncle is 92 and he still sends me money for Christmas and birthdays. I quit telling him to stop years ago since I already know that he's not gonna listen to me and he'll just keep doing it anyway. I usually buy the thank you card with the money he sends and maybe some lunch.

Godfather
12-11-2021, 06:00 PM
I guess they both can call me their favorite uncle, since I'm the only uncle they've got. No competition. My sister has to worry, since they have two other aunts on their mother's side of the family.

I've resolved to cut them both off at 25.

My mother's uncle is 92 and he still sends me money for Christmas and birthdays. I quit telling him to stop years ago since I already know that he's not gonna listen to me and he'll just keep doing it anyway. I usually buy the thank you card with the money he sends and maybe some lunch.

That's really sweet. My uncle is in his 70's, retired and never had a family so he just loves spoiling his nieces and nephews. I wish he'd just spend that money on himself but I know he enjoys doing it.

KevinD
12-11-2021, 07:34 PM
We had early Christmas today since I'll be at work Christmas day. I was surprised with some pedal patch cables, a MXR power brick, a Radial Bigshot aby, and a Fender Mustang micro headphone amp. Now I gotta get some headphones, lol

Hugh_Janus
12-12-2021, 08:47 PM
just weighrd myself for the first time in ages and I'm 80 fuckin kilos. what the actual fuck. That's 3kg more than I weighed at my most... for want of a better word "muscular" I hope these scales are wrong because while I don't like what I see in the mirror, I don't look 80kg fat:-s

Pony
12-12-2021, 09:09 PM
just weighrd myself for the first time in ages and I'm 80 fuckin kilos. what the actual fuck. That's 3kg more than I weighed at my most... for want of a better word "muscular" I hope these scales are wrong because while I don't like what I see in the mirror, I don't look 80kg fat:-s

Could be worse, you could be 176lbs

DemonGeminiX
12-13-2021, 12:32 AM
Could be worse, you could be 176lbs

https://i.imgur.com/FQRb6lA.jpeg

deebakes
12-13-2021, 12:37 AM
virtual meetings in japan are not nearly as fun as actual meetings in japan :unimpressed:

Muddy
12-13-2021, 01:19 AM
I bet..!!!!

lost in melb.
12-13-2021, 01:31 AM
virtual meetings in japan are not nearly as fun as actual meetings in japan :unimpressed:

https://us.123rf.com/450wm/chomnancoffee/chomnancoffee1712/chomnancoffee171200015/91505714-young-asian-woman-executive-working-with-a-mobile-phone-in-office-building.jpg?ver=6

lost in melb.
12-13-2021, 01:32 AM
Chris Wallace has left Fox and joined CNN :)

Muddy
12-13-2021, 01:44 AM
I'm not familiar with him..

deebakes
12-13-2021, 02:07 AM
https://us.123rf.com/450wm/chomnancoffee/chomnancoffee1712/chomnancoffee171200015/91505714-young-asian-woman-executive-working-with-a-mobile-phone-in-office-building.jpg?ver=6

i am a big fan of asian women :wank:

now i am filling in for another presenter that is awol in 30 minutes... and i've been drinking :lol: this will be a fun one

DemonGeminiX
12-13-2021, 03:31 AM
Chris Wallace has left Fox and joined CNN :)

CNN Live and good riddance. He belongs with those deluded progressive shills.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-13-2021, 11:33 AM
CNN Live and good riddance. He belongs with those deluded progressive shills.

Prior to 2016, Wallace was an actual news reporter and kept his biases mostly under wraps, but as soon as the rise of Trump happened, Wallace turned into a partisan hack.

Hugh_Janus
12-13-2021, 08:26 PM
quads, hammies, arse cheeks and calves are wrecked

deebakes
12-14-2021, 12:06 AM
fag :hand:

KevinD
12-14-2021, 02:10 AM
Back to work tomorrow. May work an extra week. Got to put a new transmission in the truck, and don't want to pull money out of savings.

Muddy
12-14-2021, 03:00 AM
Back to work tomorrow. May work an extra week. Got to put a new transmission in the truck, and don't want to pull money out of savings.

Get it done.. A man making good decisions with his money.. pull a week, eliminate a bill..

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2021, 11:53 AM

Just steal one, seems to be what everyone is doing nowadays :dunno:

DemonGeminiX
12-14-2021, 01:22 PM
Just steal one, seems to be what everyone is doing nowadays :dunno:

He can't, he's white and employed. He has to pay for it so everybody else can steal it.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2021, 01:22 PM
He can't, he's white and employed. He has to pay for it so everybody else can steal it.

:doh:

Hugh_Janus
12-14-2021, 07:20 PM
why is it almost impossible to massage yourself? A proper massage hurts, but its quite a nice kind of pain, if i do it myself, its the same pain, but i'd dather punch myself in the dick than do it for more than 10 seconds

also, fuck doms

Godfather
12-15-2021, 04:49 AM
why is it almost impossible to massage yourself? A proper massage hurts, but its quite a nice kind of pain, if i do it myself, its the same pain, but i'd dather punch myself in the dick than do it for more than 10 seconds

also, fuck doms

Sometimes do you pull on it so hard, you rip the skin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxeWlx2p2tw

lost in melb.
12-15-2021, 09:41 AM

also, fuck doms

Try warm cured sesame oil or quality organic coconut oil. I do it daily when I'm on meditation retreat.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-15-2021, 11:17 AM
Try warm cured sesame oil or quality organic coconut oil. I do it daily when I'm on meditation retreat.

:ghey:

lost in melb.
12-15-2021, 02:30 PM
:ghey:

The scrotum gets particularly dry.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-15-2021, 02:33 PM
The scrotum gets particularly dry.

https://i.imgur.com/JHEOTIi.png

lost in melb.
12-15-2021, 02:41 PM
https://i.imgur.com/JHEOTIi.png

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0KmieOqUpI6oudiYnN9l3g4dZk-QZjGgL9A&usqp=CAU

Teh One Who Knocks
12-16-2021, 12:09 PM
I saw in a Jen Psaki presser the other day that the current inflation, at least when it comes to meat and gasoline has nothing to do with the Biden administration economic policies, it all has to do with corporate greed. The "meat conglomerate" and "big petroleum" are driving the price increases because of their greed. Nothing to do with the current economic policies at all.

Funny that everyone waited to become greedy until after Biden got elected. :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
12-16-2021, 03:02 PM
I got my Covid booster last week. Pretty much felt like the first shot I got 8 months ago, arm was just really sore for about 3 days. Wife got hers on Monday, completely wiped her out for two days. I had the Pfizer shot and hers was the Moderna, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

DemonGeminiX
12-16-2021, 05:05 PM
I got my Covid booster last week. Pretty much felt like the first shot I got 8 months ago, arm was just really sore for about 3 days. Wife got hers on Monday, completely wiped her out for two days. I had the Pfizer shot and hers was the Moderna, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Different people react to things in different ways. Moderna didn't hurt me at all. I have yet to get the booster, but I'm sure I'll sail through it without issue.

RBP
12-16-2021, 08:42 PM
My lung scan said no cancer but an aneurysm in my aorta. Then the electrocardiogram said no aneurysm in my aorta.

So no lung cancer and the heart's fine. So fuck all ya'll, I'm still kickin.

Muddy
12-16-2021, 08:51 PM
:afraid:

Godfather
12-16-2021, 09:12 PM
Damn RBP that sound like it must have given you a scare though, glad it sounds like all is okay? Or are you still dealing with whatever symptoms sent you to the doc in the first place?

RBP
12-16-2021, 09:23 PM
Damn RBP that sound like it must have given you a scare though, glad it sounds like all is okay? Or are you still dealing with whatever symptoms sent you to the doc in the first place?

Really just started as the doc saying well, maybe after smoking for 37 years and all the other weird stuff going on, we might want to do this. Then my anxiety said my aorta was about to explode at any minute and I would bleed out, likely on the highway, so fuck you anxiety. :lol:

I'm good, brother.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-16-2021, 11:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sQigLNc.gif

Godfather
12-17-2021, 04:15 AM
Really just started as the doc saying well, maybe after smoking for 37 years and all the other weird stuff going on, we might want to do this. Then my anxiety said my aorta was about to explode at any minute and I would bleed out, likely on the highway, so fuck you anxiety. :lol:

I'm good, brother.

Glad to hear it. I hear you there on the anxiety. I don't get outwardly stressed, everyone I work with thinks I'm always chill in the face of stress, but when I get stressed out I get bizarre symptoms like my knee hurts or my tooth feels lose or something stupid like that :lol: Stupid brain.

Godfather
12-17-2021, 04:16 AM
Took the day off work today to burn up some of my PTO that I can't carry over. Made chicken meatballs and marinara sauce. I browned the meatballs on the cast iron before simmering them in the sauce.. delicious. Wife was very pleased.

Also did the laundry, cleaned, got the dog exhausted, finished Christmas shopping, changed some lightbulbs, did some banking.... I could be a stay at home husband no problem.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-17-2021, 11:39 AM
Took the day off work today to burn up some of my PTO that I can't carry over. Made chicken meatballs and marinara sauce. I browned the meatballs on the cast iron before simmering them in the sauce.. delicious. Wife was very pleased.

Also did the laundry, cleaned, got the dog exhausted, finished Christmas shopping, changed some lightbulbs, did some banking.... I could be a stay at home husband no problem.

https://i.imgur.com/g4r3KUYl.jpg

lost in melb.
12-17-2021, 12:38 PM

I'm good, brother.

:clue: to the medical system!

lost in melb.
12-17-2021, 12:39 PM

Feel free to share the recipe, bro

:link:

Godfather
12-18-2021, 08:13 AM
https://i.imgur.com/g4r3KUYl.jpg

:lol: Forgive me brother, I'm trying so hard not to get fat in my 30's (my dad developed a major beer gut around my age), and I just feel if I let go now at 34 it's going to be even harder to reel it in when I'm 40+.

RBP
12-18-2021, 02:49 PM
:lol: Forgive me brother, I'm trying so hard not to get fat in my 30's (my dad developed a major beer gut around my age), and I just feel if I let go now at 34 it's going to be even harder to reel it in when I'm 40+.

it's called a "dickiedo" - when your belly sticks out further than your dickie do.

lost in melb.
12-18-2021, 07:02 PM
it's called a "dickiedo" - when your belly sticks out further than your dickie do.

From eye perspective looking down :-k

Griffin
12-19-2021, 09:47 PM
I saw in a Jen Psaki presser the other day that the current inflation, at least when it comes to meat and gasoline has nothing to do with the Biden administration economic policies, it all has to do with corporate greed. The "meat conglomerate" and "big petroleum" are driving the price increases because of their greed. Nothing to do with the current economic policies at all.

this is too easy...

DemonGeminiX
12-20-2021, 09:46 PM
My car battery died again. This time, it's because my brake lights won't turn off and I don't know why.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-20-2021, 11:30 PM
My car battery died again. This time, it's because my brake lights won't turn off and I don't know why.Because they are stuck in the on position? :-k

DemonGeminiX
12-21-2021, 12:31 AM
Because they are stuck in the on position? :-k

After watching a few Youtube videos and verifying in my car, there's a piece that broke off the brake light switch. The switch's above the brake pedal under the dash. I have to replace it. I bought the part online for $5. Apparently, it's an easy fix. I'll just have to jump start my car again after I fix it, because there's nothing I can do about it now. Unfortunately, the part won't get here until next week, and nobody local has it.

Godfather
12-21-2021, 03:36 AM
I hate work this time of year. It should be quiet the last week before Christmas but everyone else is playing hot potato getting work out of their inboxes, and I'm losing the battle since our team is so short staffed :lol:

Muddy
12-21-2021, 03:42 AM
I hate work this time of year. It should be quiet the last week before Christmas but everyone else is playing hot potato getting work out of their inboxes, and I'm losing the battle since our team is so short staffed :lol:

I'm rushing ass as well.

lost in melb.
12-23-2021, 08:29 AM
"Victorians aged eight years and older will have to wear masks in all indoor settings - except private homes - and at all large outdoor events, from 11.59pm on Thursday."

:|

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2021, 11:19 AM
"Victorians aged eight years and older will have to wear masks in all indoor settings - except private homes - and at all large outdoor events, from 11.59pm on Thursday."

:|

:facepalm:

Griffin
12-23-2021, 11:53 AM
ya gotta hate when a virus gives you a time deadline

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2021, 04:13 PM

My credit union's mobile app doesn't work. Maybe I should put on a Karen wig and demand to speak to the manager?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2021, 04:19 PM

My credit union's mobile app doesn't work. Maybe I should put on a Karen wig and demand to speak to the manager?

Is it undergoing maintenance?

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2021, 04:22 PM
Is it undergoing maintenance?

I dunno. It just won't open. Neither on my phone, nor my tablet. I sent them a message on their website. We'll see what they say... probably next year.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2021, 04:33 PM
I dunno. It just won't open. Neither on my phone, nor my tablet. I sent them a message on their website. We'll see what they say... probably next year.

Have you tried clearing the app's cache? Sometimes it helps with an unresponsive app.

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2021, 04:58 PM
Have you tried clearing the app's cache? Sometimes it helps with an unresponsive app.

Yeah, I did that. I also uninstalled it and reinstalled it. No change.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I did that. I also uninstalled it and reinstalled it. No change.

I guess you broke it :dunno:

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2021, 06:04 PM
I guess you broke it :dunno:

I guess. Dammit. :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2021, 06:10 PM
I guess. Dammit. :sad2:

Wait until they debit your account for the cost to repair it!

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2021, 06:21 PM
I noticed that a bunch of apps on my phone won't update because the latest updates aren't compatible with my older phone. It looks like everybody's phasing out my legacy device's older android os. So maybe my credit union's doing the same thing. But it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't work on my tablet, which is fairly new.

And I know other people aren't having this problem. Apparently, I'm gonna have to upgrade.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2021, 06:24 PM
I noticed that a bunch of apps on my phone won't update because the latest updates aren't compatible with my older phone. It looks like everybody's phasing out my legacy device's older android os. So maybe my credit union's doing the same thing. But it doesn't make sense that it wouldn't work on my tablet, which is fairly new.

And I know other people aren't having this problem. Apparently, I'm gonna have to upgrade.

My S8 was having all kinds of issues with apps being weird or not working at all. Plus it was becoming increasingly slow. I had it for 4+ years, so I figured I had gotten my money's worth out of it, that's why I upgraded a few months ago.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2021, 06:24 PM
ABC is reporting that there's an "outcome" in the Kim Potter trial.

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2021, 06:44 PM
My S8 was having all kinds of issues with apps being weird or not working at all. Plus it was becoming increasingly slow. I had it for 4+ years, so I figured I had gotten my money's worth out of it, that's why I upgraded a few months ago.

Yeah, I'm looking at Verizon's website right now. I'd hate to do this so close to Christmas, but what choice do I have? Maybe there'll be some deals on or after Christmas.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2021, 07:47 PM
ABC is reporting that there's an "outcome" in the Kim Potter trial.

She's been found guilty of felony first and second degree manslaughter. Absolutely ridiculous.

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2021, 09:37 PM
She's been found guilty of felony first and second degree manslaughter. Absolutely ridiculous.

What misdemeanor did they say she was committing in the first degree manslaughter charge?

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2021, 09:52 PM
I'm going back and forth with my credit union's support people, and they're now telling me that the app should be compatible with Android OS 5. I've got 6.0whatever. They're telling me that the issue is with the latest update and they've passed the concern on to the relevant parties.

Godfather
12-27-2021, 06:34 PM
Late Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all had some good family and friends time.

Just got back from a 6 day marathon Christmas tour. Few days on the island at my MIL's place where we had a white christmas with a ton of snow, then went to my folk's place for Christmas with that side of the family. Home today, wife is at work and I'm finally alone for the first time in almost a week. It's so nice :lol:

Muddy
12-28-2021, 04:04 PM
What's up guys? Good holiday I hope?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-28-2021, 04:22 PM
What's up guys? Good holiday I hope?

Are you the new guy? :suspect:

It was okay, could have been better. Yours?

Muddy
12-28-2021, 04:35 PM
Are you the new guy? :suspect:

It was okay, could have been better. Yours?

Not quite as gripping as yours but intense none the less. Pops in the ICU for 4 days now.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-28-2021, 04:36 PM
Not quite as gripping as yours but intense none the less. Pops in the ICU for 4 days now.

What happened?

Muddy
12-28-2021, 04:40 PM
What happened?

It started with his Potassium and Sodium levels dropping dangerously low and presenting as confusion and loss of the ability to walk. And progressed into the ICU doctors almost killing him by jerking all his medications and sending him into severe withdrawals including non-responsiveness and seizures, fast forward to now where he has started leaking out blood from his rectum for at this point an unknown reason.

deebakes
12-28-2021, 05:08 PM
sorry to hear homie, hoping for the best

Teh One Who Knocks
12-28-2021, 05:11 PM
It started with his Potassium and Sodium levels dropping dangerously low and presenting as confusion and loss of the ability to walk. And progressed into the ICU doctors almost killing him by jerking all his medications and sending him into severe withdrawals including non-responsiveness and seizures, fast forward to now where he has started leaking out blood from his rectum for at this point an unknown reason.

Damn, that's awful. Hoping he has a speedy recovery from all that. :(

Muddy
12-28-2021, 05:19 PM
Thanks Guys...!

lost in melb.
12-28-2021, 11:41 PM

Rough! Hopeful they can find out what caused the drop once he stabalizes

Teh One Who Knocks
12-29-2021, 12:32 AM
John Madden has passed away.

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2021, 12:50 AM
:rip:

deebakes
12-29-2021, 01:43 AM
boom :(

Teh One Who Knocks
12-29-2021, 10:06 PM
A verdict has been reached in the Ghislaine Maxwell trial.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-29-2021, 10:21 PM
A verdict has been reached in the Ghislaine Maxwell trial.Guilty on 5 of the 6 counts.

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2021, 11:04 PM
Guilty on 5 of the 6 counts.

The countdown to the murder by the Clintons begins after she's sentenced.

deebakes
12-30-2021, 12:06 AM
lenient sentence after incriminating all the a list celebs coming?

RBP
12-30-2021, 05:31 AM
I hope she spills her fucking guts.

deebakes
12-30-2021, 08:31 PM
that would be stellar... i want names of those pervs :lol:

Griffin
12-30-2021, 09:26 PM
I hope she spills her fucking guts.

and if she does they will call it harakiri

Teh One Who Knocks
12-31-2021, 04:22 PM
https://kdvr.com/news/local/boulder-fire-marshall-damages-uncertain/

This is only about 10 to 15 miles away west from me. What a way to end your year. :(

deebakes
12-31-2021, 04:33 PM
saw that on the news last night and was thinking about you

Godfather
12-31-2021, 07:03 PM
Wow that's awful, Lance.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-31-2021, 07:05 PM
It's so scary, just watching the news and all the complete devastation. Whole subdivisions just gone.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-31-2021, 07:06 PM
TMZ is reporting that Betty White has died at 99 years old.

deebakes
12-31-2021, 07:49 PM
:rip: betty

Griffin
12-31-2021, 08:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXL8QPWLbBo

Godfather
12-31-2021, 08:32 PM
RIP Betty White. What a long life she lived! Died in her home home at a ripe old age in her sleep. That's the most you can ask for.

deebakes
12-31-2021, 09:32 PM
yep

DemonGeminiX
12-31-2021, 09:50 PM
:rip: Betty

Muddy
12-31-2021, 10:23 PM
Doo Doo Brown

DemonGeminiX
01-01-2022, 05:05 AM
Happy New Year, y'all.

lost in melb.
01-01-2022, 10:08 AM
https://i.ibb.co/FwmK2cK/271113793-137681005362778-7485793920508282113-n.jpg (https://ibb.co/xjXDWwD)

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 11:35 AM
First day back at work since last Tuesday. I could tell on Tuesday that I was coming down with something, but it really hit late in the day/evening on Tuesday and I couldn't get any sleep and felt like absolute dog shit on Wednesday morning. Normally I would just go to work and be miserable there since I'm pretty sure that's where I picked it up from, but with everyone in Covid paranoia, I just stayed home. Didn't feel any better on Thursday so stayed home that day too. Finally started to feel a little better on Friday by mid-day. Feel about 80% today so back at the grind.

Muddy
01-03-2022, 01:20 PM
First day back at work since last Tuesday. I could tell on Tuesday that I was coming down with something, but it really hit late in the day/evening on Tuesday and I couldn't get any sleep and felt like absolute dog shit on Wednesday morning. Normally I would just go to work and be miserable there since I'm pretty sure that's where I picked it up from, but with everyone in Covid paranoia, I just stayed home. Didn't feel any better on Thursday so stayed home that day too. Finally started to feel a little better on Friday by mid-day. Feel about 80% today so back at the grind.

That's pretty much our story too, except for today being a snow day..

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 01:25 PM
That's pretty much our story too, except for today being a snow day..

We had our snow on Friday night/Saturday. First real snow we've had all year, hell the first real precipitation we've had in more than 6 months. Got about 6 inches and it was in the upper teens temp-wise all day Saturday. Supposed to be near 50 today though, so it will mostly be gone by the end of the day.

lost in melb.
01-03-2022, 01:34 PM

Did you test for Covid?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 01:38 PM
Did you test for Covid?

No, why would I?

lost in melb.
01-03-2022, 02:27 PM
No, why would I?

To see if you have Covid.

deebakes
01-03-2022, 02:50 PM

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 02:51 PM
To see if you have Covid.

Why do I care what caused what I had? I had a moderate cold of some kind. I stayed home from work, I took OTC cold meds, tried to get some rest, felt like crap for 2 to 3 days and now am almost back to 100%. Just like for every single other cold/flu I've had in my life. When I get sick, I don't need to run to the doctor every time I get a cold to see what I've got. During flu season, I don't run to the doctor to see if I have the flu if I come down with something, so why would this be any different?

deebakes
01-03-2022, 02:53 PM
i guess i would rather know that not know today, which is different than where i was 2 years ago :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 02:58 PM
i guess i would rather know that not know today, which is different than where i was 2 years ago :shrug:

If it was severe, maybe that would be different, but what I have had the last week was no worse than any other cold I've ever had :dunno:

lost in melb.
01-03-2022, 03:07 PM
Why do I care what caused what I had? I had a moderate cold of some kind. I stayed home from work, I took OTC cold meds, tried to get some rest, felt like crap for 2 to 3 days and now am almost back to 100%. Just like for every single other cold/flu I've had in my life. When I get sick, I don't need to run to the doctor every time I get a cold to see what I've got. During flu season, I don't run to the doctor to see if I have the flu if I come down with something, so why would this be any different?

Fair enough. If it's more like a cold that's fine. I didn't get covid test when I had sniffles and sneezing

If I had a sore throat and cough, I would get a covid test. I would want to know for numerous reasons.

Muddy
01-03-2022, 03:18 PM

Us too.. Why would We alert the wolves to something we will deal with internally..?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 03:21 PM
Us too.. Why would We alert the wolves to something we will deal with internally..?

100%

deebakes
01-03-2022, 03:21 PM
they aren't tracking or contact tracing any longer (at least here), so i'm not so worried about that

lost in melb.
01-03-2022, 04:17 PM

Well, yes it's a factor if you have a little sniffle. People were avoiding pre Christmas parties so that they weren't shut down on Christmas Day if they had a close contact with covid.

Still ID want to know if I had covid, for dads sake. And visitors, etc. I would change my behaviour and also monitor a bit more closely.

Griffin
01-03-2022, 04:22 PM
It shouldn't matter what the name is, I think we all agree that an awareness to protect those with a compromised immune system is a good tact.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 04:32 PM
Well, yes it's a factor if you have a little sniffle. People were avoiding pre Christmas parties so that they weren't shut down on Christmas Day if they had a close contact with covid.

Still ID want to know if I had covid, for dads sake. And visitors, etc. I would change my behaviour and also monitor a bit more closely.

I guess I just refuse to live in fear of this. By almost all accounts, if you are healthy and have no underlying conditions, the new variant is no worse than a mild to moderate cold/mild case of the flu. Covid is following the progression of almost all of these types of viruses before it, becoming far more virulent and far less deadly. I refuse to wear a mask in public even though the county is under a mask mandate. And from being out and about, at least half the people agree with me because I see a LOYT of people ignoring the mask mandate. There's a good possibility that I picked this bug up when I was out at one of my trips to the grocery store, who knows, but I am not changing my life permanently because life itself is a risk. If you were to treat everything else like people are treating Covid, you would never leave your house. You're far more likely to die slipping in your shower or getting in a car accident than you are to die from Covid, especially if you are on the healthy side. We're now going into year #3 of "15 days to slow the spread" and I am just done with it.

Muddy
01-03-2022, 05:02 PM
I had to go to Lowes yesterday. I wore an n95 mask for the sake of others.. But that's just how I operate..

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 05:16 PM
I had to go to Lowes yesterday. I wore an n95 mask for the sake of others.. But that's just how I operate..

And that's fine, I have no issues with personal preference. If someone wears one, that's up to them. But forcing everyone to wear one, that's no bueno.

And it's not like I'm out there without a mask and trying to crowd people or get in their faces or anything, I juts do my thing. I won't crowd them unless they are being an asshole and refuse to get out of the way after I've been patiently waiting for them to move along.

Satan
01-03-2022, 05:28 PM
Ok. This is weird. Somehow, I got logged out under my regular account, and now my password won't work.

Muddy
01-03-2022, 05:30 PM
And that's fine, I have no issues with personal preference. If someone wears one, that's up to them. But forcing everyone to wear one, that's no bueno.

And it's not like I'm out there without a mask and trying to crowd people or get in their faces or anything, I juts do my thing. I won't crowd them unless they are being an asshole and refuse to get out of the way after I've been patiently waiting for them to move along.

I don't usually wear one, but on this day my wife and I felt like crud.. I don't want to knowingly fuck somebody up.. Like I was saying, that's just me and it seemed like the logical thing to do..

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 05:35 PM
Ok. This is weird. Somehow, I got logged out under my regular account, and now my password won't work.

Do you need me to reset it?

Satan
01-03-2022, 05:38 PM
Do you need me to reset it?

I'm thinking I might, Lance. :lol:

Muddy
01-03-2022, 05:40 PM
Thats P right? Not Hal?

Satan
01-03-2022, 05:41 PM
Thats P right? Not Hal?

No, it's DGX.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 05:46 PM
I'm thinking I might, Lance. :lol:

Gimme a sec. I'm just going to set the password as 123456 so you'll need to change it right away :lol:

deebakes
i was wondering where he went

Teh One Who Knocks
Gimme a sec. I'm just going to set the password as 123456 so you'll need to change it right away :lol:

Done.

Satan
01-03-2022, 05:47 PM
Ok, go.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 05:47 PM
Ok, go.

It's done.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 06:15 PM
Ok, go.

:tapfoot:

DemonGeminiX
01-03-2022, 06:36 PM
Son of a bitch. It kicked me out for trying to log in too often. :lol:

deebakes
01-03-2022, 06:38 PM
:spam:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 06:52 PM
Son of a bitch. It kicked me out for trying to log in too often. :lol:

:facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
01-03-2022, 06:55 PM
I have no idea what happened. I opened the forum frontpage, and I'm usually autologged in, but for some odd reason, I wasn't today. No biggie, I'll just type everything in manually. Nope, didn't work. What the fuck? Ok, maybe I fucked up and misspelled everything. I open up Notepad, type out the username and password, just to be on the safe side, and I copy and paste both in the appropriate fields. Nope, didn't work. Seriously? What the fuck? Try it once or twice more. Nope. Oh shit, something's wrong here. Ok, I log in as Satan and see if that works. At least I'll be able to get a message out, as you have seen. So I'm logged in and go over to my profile to see if anything has changed. Everything looks alright, so I post. You change the password for me, I try it, and I have logged in unsuccessfully too many times, I have to wait 15 minutes. In the immortal words of Samuel L. Jackson, Motherfucker! I try to remember which email address I used at the forum. I guess and fill out the forgot username/password form, which I probably should have done to begin with, I pull up the email and Voila! Password's changed, but it still won't let me log in because I have to wait 15 minutes. So I go get some lunch, when I come back, it works. I change the password so that it's impossible to figure out. The original one was too easy. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 06:57 PM

deebakes
01-03-2022, 07:01 PM
The original one was too easy. :lol:

iheartlance69?

DemonGeminiX
01-03-2022, 07:02 PM
iheartlance69?

No, it was easier than that. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 07:05 PM

123456 :-s

deebakes
01-03-2022, 07:06 PM

:rofl:

DemonGeminiX
01-03-2022, 07:08 PM
123456 :-s

No, not that easy. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-03-2022, 07:09 PM
Alright, I have to run. I have an appointment to make. Thanks for the help and laughs. It's an interesting day. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2022, 07:10 PM
No, not that easy. :lol:

Lies :hand: I know for a fact that was your password at one time [-(

KevinD
01-03-2022, 11:43 PM
Last of the extended 21 day hitch. Tomorrow head home for 7 days.

deebakes
01-04-2022, 12:03 AM
enjoy the time, grant mode for me for the next week :puke:

KevinD
01-04-2022, 12:05 AM
Dam, it just hit me. Taxes on next paycheck are gonna rape me. I get paid bi-weekly, and usually have one weeks pay per check and that's around 80hrs/week. Next paycheck will be 2 weeks paycheck at 150hrs....

A quick guesstimate on taxes comes out to just over $2000, including federal, medicaid and SS. Luckily no state taxes. Gotta calculate the 401k and redo the taxes, but I'd bet the total is still over $2500 out before take home pay.

lost in melb.
01-04-2022, 12:51 AM
Last of the extended 21 day hitch. Tomorrow head home for 7 days.

:shots:

lost in melb.
01-04-2022, 12:52 AM
enjoy the time, grant mode for me for the next week :puke:

The most hated part of being a scientist. Imagine if other professions had to apply for their job again every year

Pony
01-04-2022, 02:15 PM
I guess I just refuse to live in fear of this. By almost all accounts, if you are healthy and have no underlying conditions, the new variant is no worse than a mild to moderate cold/mild case of the flu. Covid is following the progression of almost all of these types of viruses before it, becoming far more virulent and far less deadly.

:hand:

"We are looking at a winter of severe illness and death" -Creepy Uncle Joe

Teh One Who Knocks
01-04-2022, 02:44 PM
:hand:

"We are looking at a winter of severe illness and death" -Creepy Uncle Joe

:sad2:

KevinD
01-04-2022, 09:58 PM
And home. Now for the scheduled 2hr talk by my wife repeating everything she's already told me over the last couple weeks.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-04-2022, 10:16 PM
And home. Now for the scheduled 2hr talk by my wife repeating everything she's already told me over the last couple weeks.Always a good time :tup:

Godfather
01-05-2022, 03:52 AM
And home. Now for the scheduled 2hr talk by my wife repeating everything she's already told me over the last couple weeks.

Always a good time :tup:

Mine likes to call me on her way home from work, then come home and tell me the same thing :lol:

It's sweet cus the alternative is not wanting to share with me but jeeze your commute is like 15 minutes, can we chat then? :lol:

deebakes
01-05-2022, 04:29 AM
short answer, no

lost in melb.
01-05-2022, 05:56 AM

You know that as far as she's concerned that's a double dosing of Love, right? :)

Griffin
01-05-2022, 12:27 PM
...like a booster, right?

DemonGeminiX
01-05-2022, 01:05 PM
Andrew Cuomo is CLEARED of all charges stemming from accusations of sexual misconduct and nursing home deaths. You can't make this shit up.

Griffin
01-05-2022, 01:06 PM
he paid his protection money

lost in melb.
01-05-2022, 01:44 PM
Andrew Cuomo is CLEARED of all charges stemming from accusations of sexual misconduct and nursing home deaths. You can't make this shit up.

Charges, yes. But the victims of sexual misconduct can sue, right?

PorkChopSandwiches
01-05-2022, 04:37 PM

:shockface:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2022, 11:26 AM
Our dog Pepper (the Great Dane) has been having some kind of degenerative issue with her hind end. At first it was just a weakness that made her struggle some but lately she's been going downhill and very quickly. Now she really struggles and she slips and falls down, especially with trying to use stairs. The last thing we ever want to do is have her live a life in pain so we are pretty sure that the end is very near and that we're going to have to put her to sleep in the next few days. I'm going to be an absolute mess when that day gets here. :(

PorkChopSandwiches
01-06-2022, 06:47 PM
:sad:

I hate those days, took years for us to finally get another dog

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2022, 06:51 PM
Our dog Pepper (the Great Dane) has been having some kind of degenerative issue with her hind end. At first it was just a weakness that made her struggle some but lately she's been going downhill and very quickly. Now she really struggles and she slips and falls down, especially with trying to use stairs. The last thing we ever want to do is have her live a life in pain so we are pretty sure that the end is very near and that we're going to have to put her to sleep in the next few days. I'm going to be an absolute mess when that day gets here. :(

Poor Pepper. So sorry, Lance. :empathy:

Muddy
01-06-2022, 07:00 PM

Sorry, Bud... Lukes been falling apart lately as well.

deebakes
01-07-2022, 03:31 AM
terribly sorry to hear lance :cry:

we scheduled the vet to come tomorrow to put down my gf's 16-year-old lab/shepherd that she's had since it was 4 weeks old. tomorrow is going to be an awful day.

https://i.imgur.com/Cv36Tg9.jpg

Muddy
01-07-2022, 05:06 AM
Sorry Dee.. that sucks homie.. dogs are our greatest friends, but their time is short from the onset.. you have to enjoy their few years of awesome and realize their existence is probably pound for pound better than ours..

Godfather
01-07-2022, 07:01 AM

I'm so sorry buddy.

Went through the same thing with my childhood dog with his hind legs going, I know exactly what you mean by going downhill very quickly. Wishing your pup sweet and peaceful final days together and will be thinking about you.

Godfather
01-07-2022, 07:02 AM
terribly sorry to hear lance :cry:

we scheduled the vet to come tomorrow to put down my gf's 16-year-old lab/shepherd that she's had since it was 4 weeks old. tomorrow is going to be an awful day.

https://i.imgur.com/Cv36Tg9.jpg

Aw man you too... awful. So sorry Dee. Thinking of your pup and a peaceful goodbye for now.

lost in melb.
01-07-2022, 07:50 AM
Sorry to hear, guys. They are the best little souls and leave many humans behind for dust in terms of loyalty and companionship.

Here's a bit of good news. My old girl has been given a second lease on life with a cruciate ligament operation.

https://i.ibb.co/c2200QQ/IMG-20211024-WA0000.jpg (https://ibb.co/BTTbbBB)

Teh One Who Knocks
01-07-2022, 01:00 PM
Thanks everyone, she seemed to have a better day yesterday, so we are going to have to play it by ear, but we are going to make sure that when it's time, we will make sure that she goes out with dignity. We'll see how she does today.

And that sucks Dee, that's probably what we are going to do, schedule to have someone come out and do it at our home. Mostly because she would be more comfortable at home, plus the fact with the weakness in her back end/legs. getting her in a vehicle won't be the easiest thing and we don't want to put her thru anything else traumatic on that last day.

lost in melb.
01-07-2022, 01:15 PM
I second having it done at home. We did this last time with mum's dog.

Comfy place that she/he knows with family around vs a strange environment with slippery stainless steel bench and bright lights. This is not a dignified way to depart a love one.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-07-2022, 01:29 PM
I second having it done at home. We did this last time with mum's dog.

Comfy place that she/he knows with family around vs a strange environment with slippery stainless steel bench and bright lights. This is not a dignified way to depart a love one.

Our vet actually has a pretty decent set-up for having to put your pets to sleep. It's a quiet room with very soft instrumental music playing, there's a water fountain in it so you hear the sounds of the running water. The lights are dimmed. For a very horrible situation, they actually try and make it as easy on everyone as possible.

Muddy
01-07-2022, 03:15 PM
Thanks everyone, she seemed to have a better day yesterday, so we are going to have to play it by ear, but we are going to make sure that when it's time, we will make sure that she goes out with dignity. We'll see how she does today.

And that sucks Dee, that's probably what we are going to do, schedule to have someone come out and do it at our home. Mostly because she would be more comfortable at home, plus the fact with the weakness in her back end/legs. getting her in a vehicle won't be the easiest thing and we don't want to put her thru anything else traumatic on that last day.

Our Vet put Luke on a CBD chew.. It has brought him back from us thinking he was going to die..

Teh One Who Knocks
01-07-2022, 03:24 PM
Our Vet put Luke on a CBD chew.. It has brought him back from us thinking he was going to die..

The wife has been giving Thor CBD oil with his meds for his seizures. Not sure if it's just the meds or if the CBD oil is helping too, but it's almost been a full year since his last seizure.

deebakes
01-07-2022, 04:01 PM
my gf's great dog has had a tremendous run, we've been doing cbd and all kinds of pain management over the last year. you can tell from the picture, but she is having some vestibular disease that is causing her head to tilt and really only turn in one direction. she had acl repair several years ago on her 'driver's side rear' as we call it, she almost puts no weight on that leg anymore. she's a big dog so needs help getting up from laying down and hasn't taken the stairs for about 3 months.

this will not be an easy one and the thought 'just get a new one' is insulting to how important the dog has been to her. you wouldn't say that about someone if they lost a child

Muddy
01-07-2022, 05:38 PM
The wife has been giving Thor CBD oil with his meds for his seizures. Not sure if it's just the meds or if the CBD oil is helping too, but it's almost been a full year since his last seizure.

This stuff is called "Chroniquin" it's in the form of a chew, we have to get it from the vet... For real.. We thought he was gonna die.. This bought him some time.

https://www.drugs.com/vet/chroniquin-soft-chew.html

Muddy
01-07-2022, 05:39 PM
my gf's great dog has had a tremendous run, we've been doing cbd and all kinds of pain management over the last year. you can tell from the picture, but she is having some vestibular disease that is causing her head to tilt and really only turn in one direction. she had acl repair several years ago on her 'driver's side rear' as we call it, she almost puts no weight on that leg anymore. she's a big dog so needs help getting up from laying down and hasn't taken the stairs for about 3 months.

this will not be an easy one and the thought 'just get a new one' is insulting to how important the dog has been to her. you wouldn't say that about someone if they lost a child

Rear acl is a mthr fkr for a dog..

DemonGeminiX
01-07-2022, 09:30 PM
Sinners in the Hands of an Indifferent God - Kevin Williamson, National Review 2014

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2022, 03:50 AM
I'm watching an old Phil Donahue interview with Milton Friedman from 1979. Friedman was saying back then that the US has moved too far into Socialist territory as a country. He died in 2006. I wonder what he would be saying about us today?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2022, 09:48 PM
It hasn't been a good day for Pepper. :(. So we're discussed it and because it's short notice, we're going to bring her to our vet this evening for the final time. Like I mentioned a few posts ago, our vet has a very decent set up for this kind of thing, plus Pepper likes going to the vet, so it's not like there will be added trauma or anything like that.

I just got back from the grocery store and bought some boneless center cut pork chops for her dinner tonight. Her favorite meat has always been pork, so it will be a good dinner for her. We've tried to just keep loving on her and giving her attention all day today. I'm tearing up now as I'm writing this, so these last few hours are going to be absolutely awful. It seems like we've had Pepper with us forever and also like we haven't had her long enough. I hate myself for this decision today but we always promised ourselves that when it was time, we would let them go with dignity. She deserves nothing less and we aren't going to keep her around longer when it's obviously time to say goodbye. She isn't happy anymore and we don't want her to be this way.

Goodbye Pepper, we'll see you again when we meet at the Rainbow Bridge because I know that's where you'll be waiting.

deebakes
01-08-2022, 10:10 PM
so sorry lance :( good dogs are terrible to lose :sad:

we put leski down yesterday afternoon and is has been a full weekend of tears and sadness here. i made her some venison jerky to have as treats before she went and i was so happy to see how happy that made her in those last moments.

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2022, 10:46 PM
My condolences, Lance. Condolences, Dee. :(

KevinD
01-08-2022, 11:54 PM
Man Lance and Dee. I feel for you both. My oldest dog is on her last legs. The only reaon I haven't had her put down quite yet is that she's not in much pain.

lost in melb.
01-09-2022, 01:23 AM
Condolences to both of you :(

Muddy
01-09-2022, 02:29 AM
My condolences, guys.. Godspeed

Godfather
01-09-2022, 06:45 AM
I'm so sorry Lance and Dee. Putting down a dog is awful. Thinking of both of you.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-10-2022, 10:25 AM
Thanks everyone, it was a very rough couple of days. Yesterday the house just felt so....empty. I miss her a lot and it's going to take awhile to get over this. I couldn't sleep last night and I think it will be a long time before things feel even close to normal again.

And sorry for your loss too Dee, I know exactly what you are going through. It's absolutely awful.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-10-2022, 12:08 PM
Sorry, I know I am probably going to talk about her too much in the near future, but one thing I am definitely dreading is actually going home from work today because it's going to hit hard all over again this afternoon. When I would get home, all 4 of the dogs would obviously be excited, but Pepper always seemed just a little more excited to see me. She would get up against me and lean into me while I said hi and gave her scratches. But then she knew as I made the way towards the kitchen that it was time for her afternoon treat. We always have a giant box of the large sized Milkbones and she knew she was always getting one when I got home. So she would follow me (as did the other dogs) but if I paused even for a minute, she would start barking at me telling me "where's my bone??" :x :lol: So demanding, but in such an endearing way. So after she would have her bone, and it was time for me to go clean up the poop in the backyard, she would almost always come outside with me to "help" me. She would follow me around the yard as I did it and then we would get over to the gate and I would tie up the bag, she would look at me so expectantly because sometimes I let her come with me through the gate and come into the front side yard where the garbage bins were. She was always SO HAPPY to take this little adventure with me. She was such a good dog and I just miss her so much.

lost in melb.
01-10-2022, 12:18 PM
Dogs have the capacity to enjoy the simplest things :lol: (something us humans have sometimes forgotten)

Griffin
01-10-2022, 12:45 PM
bet you never heard a dog say, "sleep is WAY over rated"

deebakes
01-10-2022, 09:09 PM
Thanks everyone, it was a very rough couple of days. Yesterday the house just felt so....empty. I miss her a lot and it's going to take awhile to get over this. I couldn't sleep last night and I think it will be a long time before things feel even close to normal again.

And sorry for your loss too Dee, I know exactly what you are going through. It's absolutely awful.

that's where we are at, my gf is still devastated three days out. going to be a long recovery on this one.

condolences lance and the family, it hurts and it sucks

Hugh_Janus
01-10-2022, 09:28 PM
should I or shouldn't I... :-k

DemonGeminiX
01-10-2022, 09:49 PM
should I or shouldn't I... :-k

You shouldn't, but knowing you, you will.

DemonGeminiX
01-11-2022, 08:29 PM
So Meta/Facebook is leaving California and moving to Austin, Texas.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-11-2022, 08:54 PM
So Meta/Facebook is leaving California and moving to Austin, Texas.

CA is losing business right and left with their out of control taxing

DemonGeminiX
01-11-2022, 09:34 PM
CA is losing business right and left with their out of control taxing

You're going to be driving to Arizona for your groceries and day to day expenses.

KevinD
01-11-2022, 09:43 PM
Yay, yet another libtard company moving to Austin.

DemonGeminiX
01-11-2022, 09:56 PM
Yay, yet another libtard company moving to Austin.

They're trying to ruin Texas now. It's not enough that they ruined Colorado. Y'all should go on a killing spree in Austin.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-12-2022, 01:07 AM
They're trying to ruin Texas now. It's not enough that they ruined Colorado. Y'all should go on a killing spree in Austin.Yup, Colorado was a strong red state when I moved here 25 odd years ago.

RBP
01-12-2022, 01:37 AM
I missed that, sorry. Putting a close pet down is really hard.

Condolences Lance. Condolences Dee. Hope you and the family are okay.

RBP
01-12-2022, 01:44 AM
I was looking some nearby county data on COVID. Something wasn't making sense to me. And the weirdest graph.. the vaccinated and unvaccinated deaths were converging, almost equal, then the graph suddenly shot apart with the label that 88% of the new deaths were people not "fully vaccinated". What the....

OHHHHHHH.... the language changed! It is not longer vaccinated or unvaccinated. It's fully vaccinated or not fully vaccinated. They even changed the definition of a breakthrough case to say that a case is not a "breakthrough" unless the person has been fully vaccinated by all guidelines. SO... my friends... the new government language appears to be that unless you got both shots and are following the exact guidelines for boosters, you are no longer the chosen ones. You are the problem.

Wow.

Check your local information... looks like subterfuge to me.

deebakes
01-12-2022, 03:03 AM
nothing to see here, move along

lost in melb.
01-12-2022, 06:58 AM
I was looking some nearby county data on COVID. Something wasn't making sense to me. And the weirdest graph.. the vaccinated and unvaccinated deaths were converging, almost equal, then the graph suddenly shot apart with the label that 88% of the new deaths were people not "fully vaccinated". What the....

OHHHHHHH.... the language changed! It is not longer vaccinated or unvaccinated. It's fully vaccinated or not fully vaccinated. They even changed the definition of a breakthrough case to say that a case is not a "breakthrough" unless the person has been fully vaccinated by all guidelines. SO... my friends... the new government language appears to be that unless you got both shots and are following the exact guidelines for boosters, you are no longer the chosen ones. You are the problem.

Wow.

Check your local information... looks like subterfuge to me.

This makes complete sense. The vaccines are much less effective against Omicron. The biggest difference in protection from infection and symptom severity is between 2 shots and booster.

Can't comment on whether your local interpolator is committing subterfuge or not. That is a much more complex question.

lost in melb.
01-12-2022, 08:25 AM
https://www1.racgp.org.au/getattachment/c8e604d6-d802-4e84-bd47-785f78a3c9d2/attachment.aspx

Teh One Who Knocks
01-13-2022, 02:15 PM
I got a $1.50/hour raise to start the new year off, unexpected but really pleased with it.

Muddy
01-13-2022, 02:16 PM
I got a $1.50/hour raise to start the new year off, unexpected but really pleased with it.

My raise requests usually end with, you want a raise, sell more. :(

Teh One Who Knocks
01-13-2022, 02:30 PM
My raise requests usually end with, you want a raise, sell more. :(

:empathy:

I didn't even ask, they just told me yesterday.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-13-2022, 06:16 PM

Not sure what that is

DemonGeminiX
01-13-2022, 08:52 PM
Nothing is fun
Not like before
You don't get me high anymore
Used to take one
Now it takes four
You don't get me high anymore

KevinD
01-13-2022, 09:53 PM
Not sure what that is

Me neither. A $1.50 raise would still put me about $.30 UNDER what I hired in at 8 years ago.

lost in melb.
01-14-2022, 07:00 AM
They're turning hotels into hospitals here. Seems organised. I think we've got this.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2022, 12:17 PM
Not sure what that is

Me neither. A $1.50 raise would still put me about $.30 UNDER what I hired in at 8 years ago.

I'm sorry....I went a long time without a raise not all that long ago.

DemonGeminiX
01-15-2022, 09:48 PM
Why do I keep emailing these so-called "Senators"? Every time they write me a response, they piss me off. I can't wait to vote these asshats out of office.

lost in melb.
01-15-2022, 10:46 PM
Why do I keep emailing these so-called "Senators"? Every time they write me a response, they piss me off. I can't wait to vote these asshats out of office.

Is the response personal?

DemonGeminiX
01-15-2022, 11:18 PM
Is the response personal?

No, it's intelligence-insulting. So generic as to not let on what they are really trying to do or what positions they support on various issues. To top it off, every time they reply, it's from a do-not-respond email address. As if to say "this is my final word and don't bother trying to contact me again". Well, fuck you, Senator. This conversation isn't over yet and I will contact you again over this issue, you will fuckin' listen to me, and I will not be silenced, you elitist piece of shit.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-16-2022, 12:07 AM
It's always been that way, you just get a generic form letter back. It's ridiculous.

deebakes
01-16-2022, 01:59 AM
thanks obama

DemonGeminiX
01-16-2022, 11:03 AM
It just takes some time
Little girl
You're in the middle
Of the ride
Everything, everything will be just fine
Everything, everything will be alright, alright

RBP
01-16-2022, 01:18 PM

Not sure what that is

$1.50 X 2080 = $3120 annually. :tup:

DemonGeminiX
01-16-2022, 08:47 PM
$1.50 X 2080 = $3120 annually. :tup:

Cool. Lance can now buy me that crazy awesome new TV that I really don't need but want anyway. Thanks, Lance. :tup:

lost in melb.
01-17-2022, 12:34 AM
Cool. Lance can now buy me that crazy awesome new TV that I really don't need but want anyway. Thanks, Lance. :tup:

Or he can fund me a return trip to the USA. I have some Biden car rallies to bolster...

RBP
01-17-2022, 04:47 AM
Or he can fund me a return trip to the USA. I have some Biden car rallies to bolster...

I am sure we can sponsor your trip with some "Let's go Brandon" logos.

lost in melb.
01-17-2022, 05:10 AM
I am sure we can sponsor your trip with some "Let's go Brandon" logos.

Hey, I want to arrive alive :slap: