PDA

View Full Version : ...so you think the 4th Amendment means something anymore...

FBD
03-17-2014, 06:24 PM
http://politicaloutcast.com/2014/03/police-point-guns-people-massive-270-road-block/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PoliticalOutcast+%28Political +Outcast%29

http://i.imgur.com/CZLSTWP.jpg

What caused this open manhunt and dismissal of the citizen's 4th Amendment rights? A bank robbery where the three suspects were believed to have driven their getaway car onto the freeway.

Motorist Carlton Higdon told local reporters there was, "a lot of yelling, a lot of orders being given... helicopters, dogs barking, sirens, police cars driving by".

Traffic backed up for miles on the freeway for over an hour with no explanation from police. Commuters exiting their vehicles to see what was happened were met with hostility from police. As one woman leaned out of her vehicle to vomit she was yelled at by an officer to stay inside and close her door. I suppose she's supposed to puke inside her car while they trample her rights.

During this encounter motorists were approached by armed officers and ordered at gunpoint to submit to warrantless searches of their vehicles. According to one witness police were just walking along, weapons drawn ordering people to "Pop the trunk! Pop the trunk!". He overheard a man in a truck next to him call out to another motorist: The police are looking for bank robbers. Shortly after, about nine officers approached his car - including state police in tan uniforms, county police in dark uniforms and at least one plainclothes officer wearing a yellow tie.

Is it possible that there were consensual searches? Is anything ordered at gunpoint consensual? Reportedly not one person was brave enough (foolish enough?) to refuse the hostile violation of the 4th Amendment. Would you be?

Montgomery County Police Captain Paul Starks described the searches as an operation of "systematically checking the trunks and rear hatches" of the vehicles caught in the roadblock.

Rockville Police Chief Tom Manger remained defiant and unapologetic when he told local station WTOP, "For those folks that wondered how is that the police can just walk through traffic like that and get folks to show their hands, get folks to pop their trunks, between the exigency of the circumstances and the information that we had, it gave us the legal foundation to do what we did".

The massive roadblock and 4th Amendment violations did net the bank robbers and the stolen $7,000 dollars. The robbers were found in their vehicle and did not resist when taken into custody. They were not found hiding in anyone else's trunk.

Of course, by putting armed criminals into a miles long roadblock authorities made it more likely they would take someone hostage or commandeer an innocent bystanders vehicle. Some will say that the ends justify the means and as long as the robbers were arrested, the "operation was worth it".

Was the roadblock worth it? Not if you believe in the principles of "liberty and justice for all". The criminals were caught, but the innocent motorists were treated as part of the crime during warrantless searches by officers with weapons drawn simply because they happened to be on a stretch of highway going about their day.

Was this Maryland's "Intro to Police State" class?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Fourth Amendment WILL be discarded in a split second when mr fuckng Jackboots decides its a good idea for him to ignore it.

FBD
03-17-2014, 06:25 PM
...and there's plenty of people that think there was nothing improper done when the Boston jackboots came for house to house searches after the boston false flag...

those deserve neither liberty nor security...

KevinD
03-17-2014, 06:33 PM
I've told officers before that I do not consent to search. Never been a problem.

FBD
03-17-2014, 06:37 PM
haha, you think those fuckers would have taken no for an answer? :lol: you think the boston popo would not have dragged you by your hair and said "go ahead and sue, good luck with that one"...

I know normally, we can simply point at the constitution and tell them to go on their merry fucking way - but these days when the shit hits the fan, these guys think they are martial law for any situation outside of "normal."

and of course what those assholes overlooked in this situation here, that by creating a miles long roadblock, you are severely increasing the chances of a hostage situation emerging. they are DAMN lucky the guys just gave up and noone was hurt.

I would still sue, had my rights been violated. (unfortunately its the only recourse, its not quite pitchfork and torch time yet.)

KevinD
03-17-2014, 06:44 PM
It's different here, at least for now. I've also yet to have a problem when I inform the officers I have a weapon in my vehicle.

KevinD
03-17-2014, 06:47 PM
The only time I have a problem with 4th amendment stuff in this area is when Harris County does their "no refusal" weekends. How this works is they set up roadblocks, question every driver, and is dwi is suspected, they will draw your blood on the spot. They have an " open" warrant which I think is utter bs.

Loser
03-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Pretty simple. Run a dash cam, or turn on your cell cam. DO NOT CONSENT to a search. Then file a lawsuit later.

Free money.

FBD
03-17-2014, 07:08 PM
They have an " open" warrant which I think is utter bs.

:facepalm: "open warrant" is an oxymoron

Pretty simple. Run a dash cam, or turn on your cell cam. DO NOT CONSENT to a search. Then file a lawsuit later.

Free money.

and hope you get a judge that believes in the constitution...

Acid Trip
03-19-2014, 04:21 PM
:facepalm: "open warrant" is an oxymoron

and hope you get a judge that believes in the constitution...

Kev lives in Texas so his chances of that happening are very good.

KevinD
03-20-2014, 01:35 AM
I dunno At, the judges are the ones signing the "open" warrants.

FBD
03-20-2014, 12:34 PM
Why do you think George Soros and certain lawyers associations have been pushing to get judges "certified" by a panel of expert lawyers - so they can all express the same groupthink at us.

FBD
05-06-2014, 02:27 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2014-05-05/%E2%80%9C-us-supreme-court-decision-%E2%80%A6-means-nation-has-entered-post-constitutional-er

supreme court denies even hearing an appeal. unreal. all 3 branches of government, captured as all hell.

The trial judge ruled that the indefinite detention bill was unconstitutional, holding:

This Court rejects the government’s suggestion that American citizens can be placed in military detention indefinitely, for acts they could not predict might subject them to detention.

But the court of appeal overturned that decision, based upon the assumption that limited the NDAA to non-U.S. citizens:

We thus conclude, consistent with the text and buttressed in part by the legislative history, that Section 1021 [of the 2012 NDAA] means this: With respect to individuals who are not citizens, are not lawful resident aliens, and are not captured or arrested within the United States, the President’s [Authorization for Use of Military Force] authority includes the authority to detain those responsible for 9/11 as well as those who were a part of, or substantially supported, al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners—a detention authority that Section 1021 concludes was granted by the original AUMF. But with respect to citizens, lawful resident aliens, or individuals captured or arrested in the United States, Section 1021 simply says nothing at all.

The court of appeal ignored the fact that the co-sponsors of the indefinite detention law said it does apply to American citizens, and that top legal scholars agree.

Last week, the U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear an appeal of the case, thus blessing and letting stand the indefinite detention law stand unchanged.