View Full Version : A fast food worker posted a picture of her misusing the oven. Then things got heated.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2014, 11:24 AM
by Jonathan Corbett - Happy Place

http://i.imgur.com/MlwTlrO.jpg

The words "Socks and gloves drying in the oven at work ha" wouldn't be problem if you worked in a factory that made clay pots, or for a subway system with a toaster oven in the breakroom, but when you're employed by Subway restaurant and the oven is used to bake bread, that sentence will likely get you in trouble.

That's what happened when Alice Sykes snapped a shot of her socks and gloves drying in the oven of a Subway in Worcester, England recently and posted it to Instagram. The stunt may have gone unnoticed if it weren't for Jessica Hinton, who regularly eats there and was probably looking for information on #Worcester or #floods and spotted the #WTF photo and #freaked. After she complained, she was contacted by the store mangager who offered an apology along with vouchers for sandwiches, which might have done the trick if Hinton didn't know the bread oven was being used as a clothes dryer.

Then she received a Facebook message from Sykes who attempted to explain herself by saying it was a "one-off thing" that was done because her clothes were soaked with a nine-hour shift ahead of her, and that the oven was cleaned afterwards, even referring to herself as a "prized cunt." Despite that personal touch, Hinton thought the message was "borderline harassment" and went to the local paper with the story, and now a big shot from Subway says they're looking into the matter.

People are always complaining about social media, saying that's it a waste of time and serves no purpose, but without it we'd probably never know about things like meat being stored by dumpsters, taco shells being licked, workers soft-serving ice cream directly into their mouths, or Alice Sykes and her wet socks.

Maybe they have a point.

deebakes
03-19-2014, 12:56 PM
people's stupidity almost amazes me these days :|

Goofy
03-19-2014, 12:58 PM
people's stupidity almost amazes me these days :|

Not me, i've learned to expect stupidity from everyone....... makes life easier :)

Acid Trip
03-19-2014, 01:33 PM
The world is full of idiots. For proof just look at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.

perrhaps
03-19-2014, 02:24 PM
The world is full of idiots. For proof just look at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.

A mirror works just as well for me.

Hal-9000
03-19-2014, 10:56 PM
employee getting fired ha...

#dipshit #toostupidtobreathe

Muddy
03-19-2014, 11:44 PM

I sent you a friend request..