PDA

View Full Version : Ukraine sets deadline for militia disarmament.

Loser
03-22-2014, 01:04 AM
KIEV, Ukraine — In an effort to stabilize Ukraine and extend its authority, the interim government has set a deadline of Friday for turning in the illegal firearms that are now carried openly by so-called self-defense groups in Independence Square, the politically important plaza in the center of the capital.

The order was seconded on Thursday by the French ambassador to Ukraine, Alain Rémy, who said the disarmament of the militias that helped overthrow the former government is a central requirement for the European Union to begin disbursing financial aid, along with the government fighting corruption.

Full article in the link.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/21/world/europe/ukraine-sets-deadline-for-militias-to-surrender-illegal-guns.html?_r=0

RBP
03-22-2014, 03:25 AM
Wait, what? The people the overthrew the old government and installed a new one are now being disarmed. And a disarmed public is a deterrent to Russian aggression.

Huh. Interesting. Illogical, but interesting.

FBD
03-22-2014, 01:48 PM
jesus christ, this is ridiculous. fuck the EU, fuck the IMF, fuck the USA for getting involved in this.

disarmament of the militias that helped overthrow the former government is a central requirement for the European Union to begin disbursing financial aid,

sure we'll bail you out and make you subject to austerity and you can send every "extra" (and we'll tell you what that is) bit of your currency to Brussels, so that it may be more effectively managed. and did you see, they are already discussing having the same fucking bail ins that they did to cyprus!!!! yyou got over 100k hryvnia? we're gonna take some of that, and you have no say in how much it is - but hey the words out now so all of the big players and smart money has already pulled out, leaving the little people to get fucked with this just like they did with cyprus.

this is BULL SHIT. I've really had enough with the whole god damned puppet regime thing that the US & cohorts have been trying in every single country that has a modicum of resources or significant geographic position.

my great grumps was from kyiv, and as far as he was concerned it was kyiv russia, and ukraine was some farcical fabrication. always considered himself russian.

most of us have dismissed the old geopolitical cold war gamesmanship, but its pretty fuggin obvious that the ol players are still playin 'em, and....TO WHOSE GAIN???

Certainly not the populations of russia, ukraine, crimea, the EU, the USA,

just the mother fuckers that control 'em.

perrhaps
03-22-2014, 07:00 PM
jesus christ, this is ridiculous. fuck the EU, fuck the IMF, fuck the USA for getting involved in this.

sure we'll bail you out and make you subject to austerity and you can send every "extra" (and we'll tell you what that is) bit of your currency to Brussels, so that it may be more effectively managed. and did you see, they are already discussing having the same fucking bail ins that they did to cyprus!!!! yyou got over 100k hryvnia? we're gonna take some of that, and you have no say in how much it is - but hey the words out now so all of the big players and smart money has already pulled out, leaving the little people to get fucked with this just like they did with cyprus.

this is BULL SHIT. I've really had enough with the whole god damned puppet regime thing that the US & cohorts have been trying in every single country that has a modicum of resources or significant geographic position.

my great grumps was from kyiv, and as far as he was concerned it was kyiv russia, and ukraine was some farcical fabrication. always considered himself russian.

most of us have dismissed the old geopolitical cold war gamesmanship, but its pretty fuggin obvious that the ol players are still playin 'em, and....TO WHOSE GAIN???

Certainly not the populations of russia, ukraine, crimea, the EU, the USA,

just the mother fuckers that control 'em.

So, I take it you're opposed to this idea?

FBD
03-23-2014, 02:22 PM
what, the EU absorbing Ukraine and enslaving them with IMF bailouts? fuckin a I am!

FBD
03-23-2014, 04:43 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/1506015_10151986888097011_1794204162_n.jpg