PDA

View Full Version : Loyola Law School warns female students against cleavage, hooker heels at work

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2014, 12:08 PM
BY Deborah Hastings - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/Yo88PUkl.jpg

Memo to female law students: do not expose your breasts and do not wear spike heels.

A missive from Los Angeles' Loyola Law School warns women working for class credit at law firms, judges' chambers and government agencies to avoid looking like a hooker when reporting for duty.

"I really don't need to mention that cleavage and stiletto heels are not appropriate office wear [outside of ridiculous lawyer TV shows] do I? Yet I'm getting complaints from supervisors," said an email from the school that was obtained by legal news website Above the Law.

"Your reputation in the legal community starts now!" the memo continued. "The legal community is small in L.A. and judges [and] lawyers who have unprofessional experiences with externs TALK freely amongst themselves about the experiences. It can be embarrassing."

Above the Law noted there were no corresponding dress guidelines for men.

“We’d love to know how many complaints were received that this information needed to be presented to students in such an incredibly condescending way,” the site said.

perrhaps
03-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Yeah, God forbid that some one might actually look forward to getting screwed by an attorney.