PDA

View Full Version : Dallas pizza restaurant ‘charges’ $1000 for side of ranch dressing

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2014, 10:45 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/8UVffNp.jpg

A Dallas restaurant, famous of its Neapolitan-style pizza, is “charging” customers $1000 for the privilege of dipping their pizza crust into ranch dressing.

Jay Jerrier, owner of Cane Rosso, told Eater he’d happily give customers balsamic, Caesar or marinara, but said that the ranch will cost them.

“It's weird, it always seems to be young, college-age girls that ask for it,” he told Eater.

He decided to hang a bottle of Hidden Valley ranch dressing on the dining room wall with a sign noting its hefty price tag. “I thought it'd be funny if I could find one of those ‘in case of emergency break glass’ things.”

Jerrier told Eater that the creamy offering is just a joke after people kept asking for the condiment, but recently a patron spied the case, and thinking it was legit, uploaded a photo on Reddit sparking a heated debate with over 900 comments.

Some called Jerrier arrogant and called him out as a food fascist, while other supported him.

One user posted: "I thought our society was trying to evolve past telling people how to live their lives. So you're telling me people had the right to their own sexual, religious, and ideological preferences but they don't have the right to their own food preferences?"

“I don't actually put ranch on pizza but I fully support the rights of those that want to,” said another user.

Jerrier said he was surprised that people took the bottle of ranch seriously and that they were so offended.

"Everybody [on Reddit] seems to assume we're the worst people in the world, like how dare they tell me how to eat my pizza! Dude, it's a joke. Relax.”

What’s no joke is that in "the ranch belt"-- states like Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma --you'll likely find ranch dippers in pizza joints.

Muddy
03-26-2014, 01:11 PM
"A fool and his money are soon parted.." Isn't that the saying?

PorkChopSandwiches
03-26-2014, 04:00 PM
A fatty and her ranch are soon fat, fatty

Goofy
03-26-2014, 08:33 PM
Don't think i've ever seen a ranch, never mind dressed it :-k

Goofy
03-26-2014, 08:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AhY1zdg.jpg

Hal-9000
03-26-2014, 09:52 PM
A fatty and her ranch are soon fat, fatty

:lol:

Hal-9000
03-26-2014, 09:53 PM
"So you're telling me people had the right to their own sexual, religious, and ideological preferences but they don't have the right to their own food preferences?"

yes douchebag, it's the same right as the owner of a pizza place deciding not to put ranch dressing on his menu

KevinD
03-27-2014, 12:36 AM
I get it, and think it's funny as hell.