PDA

View Full Version : Former student, 18, sues teacher, 34, who had sex with him because he's now so traumatized he can't join the Marines

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2014, 11:06 AM
By Zoe Szathmary - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/rgegJe7.jpg

A former high school student is suing his former science teacher and school district for distress he suffered as a result of a sexual relationship with her -- and says it delayed his plans to join the military.

The student, using the pseudonym Mark Smith, claimed in a lawsuit filed on Friday that teacher Rachelle Heenan took advantage of him, The Star-Telegram reports.

Smith met Heenan in her class as a 17-year-old senior attending Hollenstein Career and Technology Center in February 2012. He had planned to join the Marine Corps as a diesel mechanic and was scheduled to do so one day after graduation.

The two soon exchanged 'sexting' conversations,' the paper reports. They later met in a gym parking lot and checked into a hotel where they had sex.

Heenan also allegedly engaged Smith in multiple sexual encounters -- including at school events, in hotels and her in own car.

Heenan, the Star-Telegram says, was placed on administrative leave in May 2012 and indicted in February 2013 for an improper relationship between an educator and a student. She also was reportedly given five years of deferred adjudicated probation in a plea bargain.

Heenan's page on the school's website said she has been married for ten years and has two children, WFAA reported in July 2012.

Smith's attorney Bobbie Edmonds told the paper the illicit relationship damaged him both mentally and emotionally -- and that his plans to join the Marine Corps were delayed.

'He was mentally impacted by what happened,' Edmonds said. 'He was impressionable, and there was the age difference and the fact that she was a teacher,' she said.

In court documents, Edmonds says Heenan 'assaulted, raped and battered [Smith] in her capacity of teacher/educator, in violation of the law.'

Smith also reportedly damaged school district property, costing over $24,000. Edmonds told the paper that emotional trauma related to the relationship caused him to act out.

The lawsuit also reportedly claims that the Eagle Mountain-Saginaw school district 'failed to provide proper supervision, failed to act to warn or otherwise protect young victims and failed to secure the school premises from the sexual assaults that occurred on school premises and at school sponsored events and activities.'

RBP
03-26-2014, 11:21 AM
Whine?

Why can't he file a civil suit like anyone else?

She also was reportedly given five years of deferred adjudicated probation in a plea bargain.

That's not justice.

redred
03-26-2014, 12:40 PM
if he's traumatized by having sex with someone older than him maybe the Marines isn't the right place for him after all :shrug:

Muddy
03-26-2014, 12:42 PM
What a faggot.. He doesn't need to be in the marines with a pussy attitude like that anyway.

deebakes
03-26-2014, 12:46 PM
i think he is just looking for an easy meal ticket :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-26-2014, 03:58 PM
Shes not even hideous, he's fine

perrhaps
03-26-2014, 06:44 PM
The few, the flaccid, the Marines.

FBD
03-26-2014, 06:48 PM
too bad our military has become our puppet masters private mercenary crew

RBP
03-26-2014, 07:18 PM
if he's traumatized by having sex with someone older than him maybe the Marines isn't the right place for him after all :shrug:

What a faggot.. He doesn't need to be in the marines with a pussy attitude like that anyway.

People are traumatized by criminal sexual assault... male and female. Just because you refuse to accept that fact doesn't change that reality.

Muddy
03-26-2014, 07:42 PM
People are traumatized by criminal sexual assault... male and female. Just because you refuse to accept that fact doesn't change that reality.

How was it assault when he was the one slinging cock?

PorkChopSandwiches
03-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Because she manipulated him

redred
03-26-2014, 07:59 PM

i accept it and am fine with your statement but feel a warzone would be a lot more traumatic than having sex with a half tidy looking woman thats the point i'm trying to make

FBD
03-26-2014, 07:59 PM
she manipulated him into slinging cock at her :rofl:

cmon RBP, I can see if it was Jay Leno... :lol:

Hal-9000
03-26-2014, 09:56 PM
i accept it and am fine with your statement but feel a warzone would be a lot more traumatic than having sex with a half tidy looking woman thats the point i'm trying to make

half tidy looking :lol:

silver tongued devil you

RBP
03-26-2014, 10:30 PM

Then why do so many soldiers, particularly female, return from war zones suffering from PTSD not from combat, but from sexual assault.

You have no idea what impact the assaults had on this kid. Trying to create some trauma equivalence is meaningless and intended only to justify the notion that boys being sexually assaulted is not a serious issue.

Muddy
03-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Because she manipulated him

With her hips?

RBP
03-27-2014, 02:41 AM
With her hips?

You guys with young daughters that take this perspective are beyond my comprehension.

The exact same scenario with your daughter and a male teacher and you'd be at the front of the lynch mob.

Muddy
03-27-2014, 10:38 AM
You guys with young daughters that take this perspective are beyond my comprehension.

The exact same scenario with your daughter and a male teacher and you'd be at the front of the lynch mob.

Thats because women are from Venus and men are from Mars.

FBD
03-27-2014, 12:35 PM

we're not saying its right, but we're by no means making an equivalence either ;)

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2014, 03:34 PM

I have a son and a daughter, and I think my view would be similar if my son banged his math teacher or a teacher raped my daughter :twisted:

Muddy
03-27-2014, 04:34 PM
I agree Porky.. But really Rainbow.. You shouldn't make references to any of our personal situations and how they relate to these news stories unless you are ready to divulge yours and reveal why you are so over driven by this subject. :)

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2014, 04:38 PM
:rbp:

RBP
03-27-2014, 05:12 PM
I agree Porky.. But really Rainbow.. You shouldn't make references to any of our personal situations and how they relate to these news stories unless you are ready to divulge yours and reveal why you are so over driven by this subject. :)

Hypocrisy and related societal decline is not enough?