PDA

View Full Version : Man enraged after vomiting on cell phone goes on rampage in Port St. Lucie, police say

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Jana Eschbach and Scott T. Smith / CBS12 News

http://i.imgur.com/jtmL8PJ.jpg

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- An intoxicated man angered after he vomited on his own cell phone took it out on his wife, holding a machete to her neck before firing a shotgun round over a responding officer's head, police reported.

Port St. Lucie police responded to 1902 SE Hillmoor Drive at 10:15 p.m. Saturday. A woman told dispatchers she fled her apartment with her children after Trevor Campbell, 31, had come home drunk, vomited on his phone and argued with her, at one point holding a machete to her neck causing minor cuts.

According to a police report, she told police that he had a shotgun and was threatening to kill himself, at one point putting the muzzle in his mouth before she pulled it away. A round discharged and punched a hole through the ceiling.

The wife and daughter escaped from the home and ran.

"I located the female victim and her daughter behind the dumpster. They were hiding from him," Sgt. Schichtel said.

Sgt. Richard Schichtel now became the negotiator. He had to get Campbell to surrender.

Police then called Campbell to get him to come out.

Campbell answered his cell phone.

"We had a good dialogue going with him, next thing I know the phone goes dead and a round is discharged," Sgt. Schichtel said.

As officers were positioned around the house, Campbell, who was on the second floor of the apartment, fired a shotgun round at the officers.

Crime Scene Investigators trajectory showed the round exiting the window and was fired directly over the officers head.

A rifle round went out the window, passing within inches of another officer's chest.

The police called Campbell again and asked him to surrender, promising if he left the rifle inside he would not be shot.

"I convinced him to empty his pockets, because they were full of ammunition," Sgt. Schichtel said. "He emptied his pockets and come down the stairs and out the front door with his hands up."

Police then took Campbell into custody.

At the jail Campbell complained of shoulder pain from an old football injury. He was taken to Lawnwood Medical Center, where police say he was initially combative with staff. En route to the hospital, Campbell had maneuvered his handcuffed arms in front of his body, forcing the officer to pull over and re-apply them behind his back.

While at the hospital, a detective attempted to interview Campbell but he refused, telling her he "pleaded the fifth," invoking his 5th Amendment right not to incriminate himself.

He was released from the hospital and taken to the St. Lucie County Jail, where he is held under $250,000 bond on charges of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault and attempted murder of a police officer.

redred
03-26-2014, 12:43 PM
wow , someone needs help :lol: