PDA

View Full Version : Man finishes 15-year prison sentence for robbery, takes bus from prison to rob same store, police say

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2014, 11:32 AM
KBOI-TV Channel 2

http://i.imgur.com/p6IH2fO.jpg

OCEAN COUNTY, New Jersey (WBFF) -- After spending 15 years in state prison for robbing a "Stride Rite" shoe store, police say Christopher M. Miller, 40, took the bus from prison to rob the same store again.

On March 22, Ocean County, NJ police responded to the Stride Rite shoe store for a Robbery. Two store employees told police the suspect entered the store, demanded cash and their cell phones and fled on foot. According to the employees the man also demanded they go to the back of the store and hand over their car keys, but they refused those requests.

Soon after an alert with the suspect's description was sent out a patrol officer located Miller a few blocks away and detained him. The officers found the cell phones in a plaza garbage can and the cash hidden in a gutter downspout behind the shopping plaza. "In 1999 the same Stride Rite was the victim of a robbery in which the store employees were taken to the rear storage room and tied up prior to the suspect fleeing with cash," police explained in a press release. "The suspect was apprehended for that crime as well as several others. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison and was released on March 21, 2014.

That person was, in fact, Christopher M. Miller. " Investigation found that Miller took a bus after his release from South Woods State Prison n Bridgetown NJ to the Toms River store. Miller lists his last address as being in Tulsa, OK. Police continue to investigate any local residential connection to Toms River. Miller was charged with Robbery and is being held in the Ocean County Jail on $100,000 bail.

redred
03-26-2014, 12:37 PM
:facepalm:

FBD
03-26-2014, 01:18 PM
stride rite still exists? :lol: yeah, right next to bradley's, channel, caldors...

lost in melb.
03-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Back to his $40,000 a year brain-degradation room.

Hal-9000
03-26-2014, 10:18 PM
Back to his $40,000 a year brain-degradation room.

He can get a college education there for free, while I have to pay 30000/yr in tuition and expenses :x

KevinD
03-26-2014, 10:56 PM
Hal, I though college in Canada was subsidized by the government? Guess I'm wrong. Oh well,
this guy obviously just wanted to go back to bubba.

Hal-9000
03-26-2014, 11:15 PM
Hal, I though college in Canada was subsidized by the government? Guess I'm wrong. Oh well,
this guy obviously just wanted to go back to bubba.

Right across the street from here (work) there's an IT based college called DeVry...about 65000 the first year :lol:

we get student loans but I'm sure the gov doesn't subsidize anyone (maybe immigrants..) GF would know, he just finished a stint at the Uni out in Victoria...

Hal-9000
03-26-2014, 11:17 PM
I attended U of WM (university of weed and meth)

I failed meth :sad2:

KevinD
03-26-2014, 11:50 PM
DeVry is here in the states as well. I'd be shocked if tuition is that much here. I go my asee from ITT and iirc total tuition for 2 years was about 18k or so. Of course, that was 23 years ago, lol

KevinD
03-26-2014, 11:54 PM
I was wrong. Most expensive course of study stateside at DeVry is about 78k

Noilly Pratt
03-27-2014, 03:04 AM
Right across the street from here (work) there's an IT based college called DeVry...about 65000 the first year :lol:

we get student loans but I'm sure the gov doesn't subsidize anyone (maybe immigrants..) GF would know, he just finished a stint at the Uni out in Victoria...

You can get a bunch of grants and subsidies from the government, if you qualify. If you're lucky you might get something like 6k - 10k But that's about it.