PDA

View Full Version : Is the $12 McDonald's burger for real?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Bruce Horovitz, USA TODAY

http://i.imgur.com/25tSfs3.jpg

You probably never thought you'd sink your teeth into a $12 burger at McDonald's.

But you can — if you head to Switzerland. That's where the fast-food giant just rolled out The Prime, a 6.3 ounce Swiss beef patty topped with "rustic mountain cheese," bacon, coleslaw, arugula and a special sauce.

The new burger, part of the fast-food giant's upscale "Signature" lineup in Switzerland, has some Swiss — well-accustomed to overpaying for everything — grumbling on the chain's Facebook page.

"Twelve dollars is enough to even get Swiss consumers asking: How the devil can we pay $12 for a burger?" says Scott Hume, editor of the BurgerBusiness.com blog, which first posted the story.

The Prime burger and other items in the Swiss Signature Line were developed in conjunction with local TV cooking show host Rene Schudel, who appears in the TV ads. The ads boast that the burger's got it all: "character, taste and size."

But, amazingly, it's also got company. At least in the casual dining sector. With the economy getting a bit a of lift for the well-to-do sector, restaurants are vying for their business with pricier burgers, says Hume. Red Robin, for example, is now promoting a line of "Finest" gourmet burgers, which cost up to $12, with an image of a woman holding one while wearing white gloves, pearl bracelet and a diamond ring.

Even McDonald's, in the U.S., just rolled out a Bacon Clubhouse burger for just under $5.

"Posh is OK, again," says Hume.

But could the $12 burger show up at your corner McDonald's?

In a word, no, says Becca Hary, a McDonald's spokeswoman. "There are no plans to bring this to the U.S."

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Im not dropping $12 @ McDonalds, at that price I would go to a resturant

Muddy
03-27-2014, 04:38 PM

It's in Switzerland.. They tattoo receipts and shit on their arms..

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2014, 04:39 PM
:lol:

I think that close to $15 American

perrhaps
03-27-2014, 05:40 PM
It's in Switzerland.. They tattoo receipts and shit on their arms..

That's Norway, I think, but those damn Europeans do all look alike.

Muddy
03-27-2014, 05:44 PM
That's Norway, I think, but those damn Europeans do all look alike.

Whats the difference, a line drawn in the snow?

Hal-9000
03-27-2014, 06:42 PM
you guys need to come up here for a few weeks and eat... seriously, our fast food prices are about 15% more for items.

Muddy
03-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Why do we need to do that?

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2014, 06:53 PM
garbage ass ho

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2014, 07:00 PM

Same here, and even then it makes me shake my head when I see $10+ priced burgers on the menus. Went to TGIFriday's a couple of weeks ago and had one of their burgers, it was right around $12, but at least there you are sitting at a table and being waited on.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Yeah $10 seems a bit much for a burger, its just ground beef. About the cheapest thing in a restaurant :)

Hal-9000
03-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Why do we need to do that?

so you don't bitch about paying 12 bucks for a burger and consider going to a restaurant instead? :shrug:

:perspective:

Hal-9000
03-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Same here, and even then it makes me shake my head when I see $10+ priced burgers on the menus. Went to TGIFriday's a couple of weeks ago and had one of their burgers, it was right around $12, but at least there you are sitting at a table and being waited on.

We had a burger place years ago called Merlins and each burger plate was a dish...specialty burgers and it was damned hard to finish one :lol:

really good and about 15 bucks average for each type of burger