PDA

View Full Version : School says 8-year-old student not feminine enough

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Melanie Eversley, USA TODAY

The family of a little girl in western Virginia has removed her from her school after administrators said she did not appear feminine enough.

Sunnie Kahle, 8, likes autographed baseballs and hunting knives alongside stuffed animals and jewelry, according to CBS affiliate WDBJ.

"It's fun," Sunnie said.

Sometimes her schoolmates at Timberlake Christian School asked if she was a boy or girl, Sunnie told CBS affiliate WDBJ.

Her grandmother, who is her legal guardian, said she has just always been like that.

"Sunnie realizes she's a female but she wants to do boy things," Doris Thompson told WDBJ.

But administrators at Timberlake Christian School in Timberlake, Va., did not appear to agree. They sent Sunnie's grandparents a letter reminding them of school policy.

"You're probably aware that Timberlake Christian School is a religious, Bible believing institution providing education in a distinctly Christian environment,"Doris Thompson, Sunnie's grandmother, read from the letter to ABC 27. "We believe that unless Sunnie as well as her family clearly understand that God has made her female and her dress and behavior need to follow suit with her God-ordained indentity, that TCS is not the best place for her future education."

School administrators told ABC 27 they have not accused Sunnie of any wrongdoing and simply want the family to follow all guidelines set for students.

The school's website says Timberlake was founded in 1966 and is a ministry of Timberlake Baptist Church. It has 400 students from pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade, according to the school's website.

deebakes
03-27-2014, 12:43 PM
this is ridiculous :facepalm:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Got to love these Christians so ready to pass judgment

Muddy
03-27-2014, 03:59 PM
Got to love these Christians so ready to pass judgment

Unfortunately there are a lot of them out there like that.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2014, 04:07 PM
More then not in my experience

Muddy
03-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Well, a lot of their stance comes from a complete misunderstanding of homosexuality. They think it's a sin and have disbelief that it's not a conscious decision.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2014, 04:25 PM
This scenario here may not even be about that. A tomboy can grow into a "normal" woman. Who cares if she wants to run around in jeans and play with trucks. She's fucking 8, I hate people ;)

Muddy
03-27-2014, 04:29 PM
I know.. But it's most likely their angle. Homosexuality.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2014, 04:37 PM
Im sure it is the underlying issue

Acid Trip
03-27-2014, 04:39 PM
If you don't like what the PRIVATE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL is doing then send your kid elsewhere.

Muddy
03-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Im sure it is the underlying issue

I sit next to Jesus Jr.. There's a pretty big disdain for Homosexuals..

If you don't like what the PRIVATE CHRISTIAN SCHOOL is doing then send your kid elsewhere.

I agree with this.. Don't like their ways? Don't go to their schools.. It's no big secret Christians are not tolerant when it comes to homosexuality..

Hal-9000
03-27-2014, 06:27 PM
is it a Christian issue or an old school redneck value issue??

gotta be careful as both skirt the same lines...

Muddy
03-27-2014, 06:31 PM
is it a Christian issue or an old school redneck value issue??

gotta be careful as both skirt the same lines...

The whole area is infested with both.