PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Accused Of Performing Oral Sex On 8th Grade Student

Teh One Who Knocks
04-01-2014, 11:25 AM
The Huffington Post | by Andres Jauregui

http://i.imgur.com/ZIFim8p.jpg

A Texas middle school teacher faces criminal charges after a student told police that she had performed oral sex on him in a classroom.

Corrie Anne Long, 43, is charged with sexual assault on a minor under age 17 and improper relationship with a student, who authorities say is an 8th grader at Hopper Middle School in Harris County, northwest of Houston.

Administrators contacted police after one of the alleged victim's classmates told a teacher that he saw Long and the student engaged in suspicious horseplay. According to court documents obtained by the Houston Chronicle, the student said he saw the alleged victim spanking the teacher's rear end, and also saw the teacher sit in the student's lap.

"The teacher, it sounds like, had some sort of supervisory role over the student at some point and time and an inappropriate relationship was spawned from that," Harris County prosecutor Joshua Phanco told KTRK.

When interviewed by police, the victim told investigators that he had known Long since he was in 6th grade, and that she was currently his math teacher. He told investigators that Long performed oral sex on him in November 2013 while the pair was alone in her classroom before Thanksgiving break.

Prosecutors think that inappropriate contact between the pair happened more than once.

Long was removed from her position once the allegations came to light. KPRC reports that she is on administrative leave. The Cypress Fairbanks Independent School District released a statement Monday:

The safety of our students is always our highest priority. The district took immediate action to remove the teacher once the allegations were made, and we will continue to cooperate fully with law enforcement in this matter.

Long was released on $30,000 bond. Her next court appearance is scheduled for April.

Goofy
04-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Looks guilty to me :thumbsdown:

Hal-9000
04-01-2014, 06:04 PM
OMG what are they putting in the coffee???

again my question - Did this behavior exist 20 years ago and we just didn't hear about it? Or did the advent of the net and selfies somehow encourage this?

or has society changed to such a degree where adult women feel more confident picking on the young 'uns?

PorkChopSandwiches
04-01-2014, 06:08 PM
We didn't have this kind of access to news 20 years ago is probably a lot of it, plus most of this type of shit was covered up back then*

*see catholic church

Noilly Pratt
04-01-2014, 06:35 PM
I think it was suppressed and hushed up before.

In high school I had no frickin' clue about oral sex. It didn't even occur to me. I did know about regular sex and that anal sex was how gay people did it...that's all I knew.

As I've said before, in my high school a gym teacher had sex with a Grade 12 student I knew (1983).

The guy was at first pretty proud of himself, and bragged about it to us. We didn't believe him as boasting about your sexual prowess is fairly common. He said it was after a track meet. He was an all-star jock type and she was the coach of whatever team he was on.

Then there were whispers that it was true. After a short while, after we asked him if it was true, he said "Look, we're both in a lot of trouble. I'm not allowed to talk about it...drop it, OK?" She just left the school after the year ended and the matter wasn't discussed. No idea if it meant her dismissal, or what happened - didn't make the papers at all.

I asked a friend who was there the next year after I graduated and he said nothing was mentioned, only that the teacher wasn't there the next year.

Hal-9000
04-01-2014, 06:47 PM
I think it was suppressed and hushed up before.

In high school I had no frickin' clue about oral sex. It didn't even occur to me. I did know about regular sex and that anal sex was how gay people did it...that's all I knew.

As I've said before, in my high school a gym teacher had sex with a Grade 12 student I knew (1983).

The guy was at first pretty proud of himself, and bragged about it to us. We didn't believe him as boasting about your sexual prowess is fairly common. He said it was after a track meet. He was an all-star jock type and she was the coach of whatever team he was on.

Then there were whispers that it was true. After a short while, after we asked him if it was true, he said "Look, we're both in a lot of trouble. I'm not allowed to talk about it...drop it, OK?" She just left the school after the year ended and the matter wasn't discussed. No idea if it meant her dismissal, or what happened - didn't make the papers at all.

I asked a friend who was there the next year after I graduated and he said nothing was mentioned, only that the teacher wasn't there the next year.

Yeah it may be like Porky's Catholic church analogy...covered up and not spoken about.

I suspect that it has more to do with feminism and the empowerment of women over the years. They feel bolder going after what they want...and let's face it, dating is more confusing than ever (I know most of you guys don't date anymore, but trust me..) and perhaps it's as simple as women not wanting to put in the effort on developing a real relationship, or they're scared of men their age, or they figure that young boys will just acquiesce and enjoy the attention.....

Griffin
04-02-2014, 12:41 AM
I think it's more prevalent now because of the stigma attached to it. True or not the accused will still be perceived as being guilty.
Kids know this and use it in their favor.