PDA

View Full Version : May 21 is Judgment Day: Christian group

Teh One Who Knocks
05-11-2011, 02:06 PM
By Janet Davison, CBC News

http://i.imgur.com/wIxOS.jpg

If the signs are to be believed, the end of the world as we know it starts on May 21.

Billboards are popping up around the globe, including in major Canadian cities, proclaiming May 21 as Judgment Day. "Cry mightily unto GOD for HIS mercy," says one of the mounted signs from Family Radio, a California-based sectarian Christian group that is sending one if its four travelling caravans of believers into Vancouver and Calgary within the next 10 days.

Family Radio's website is blunt in its prediction of Judgment Day and the rolling earthquake that will mark the beginning of the end. "The Bible guarantees it!" the site proclaims, under a passage from the book of Ezekiel, which says "blow the trumpet … warn the people."

Richard Ascough, a professor in the School of Religion at Queen's University in Kingston, Ont., has been watching Family Radio's campaign, and fully expects life as we know it to continue on May 22.

He has seen other apocalyptic predictions come and go, but Family Radio's differs in a notable way: it isn't accompanied by a bold, up-front request for money. And that's worrisome, in his mind.

"I think they really believe it's going to happen," Ascough said in an interview Tuesday.

What if Judgment Day doesn't come?

When groups such as this ask for a lot of money up front, it's possible to think they're "charlatans," Ascough said.

"When they're not doing that so blatantly, it worries me more, because I think they really do believe it and they can convince people who may end up in fact doing things like … quitting their jobs, selling their house, not necessarily to give the money to this group, but simply to divest themselves in light of Judgment Day."

And then that predicted Judgment Day doesn't come.

"We've seen that happen in groups before, and then people are just wiped out, not just emotionally because it didn't happen, but financially," said Ascough. "Some people, it's led to them taking their own lives when they realize what they have done."

Family Radio identifies itself on its website as a "non-profit, non-commercial, Christian radio network" set up in 1958 with one FM station in the San Francisco Bay area. From that station bought by Harold Camping and two others "with the sole intent of proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ," it has grown to a network of 66 stations through the U.S. It also broadcasts its programming internationally.

Some published estimates have put its net worth at $120 million or more.

"To have that kind of revenue base, if that's correct, suggests there must be quite a few listeners," said Ascough.

He said it is "hard to get a read" on the sectarian Christian group.

"Their theology is fundamentalist and yet still generally within the bounds of Christianity, until one gets to this date-setting business."

'Evidence found in the Bible'

On its website, Family Radio says May 21 as Judgment Day is "derived solely from evidence found in the Bible."

"Mr. Camping saw God had placed, in scripture, many important signs and proofs. These proofs alert believers that May 21st of 2011 is the date Christ will return for His people and begin a period of the final destruction of the world." All will be over on Oct. 21, "when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants," the website says.

The isn't the first time Camping has predicted the end of the world. He also targeted 1994 as a probable time, but on the website, Family Radio says, "important subsequent Biblical information was not yet known."

Ascough said he thinks Camping's way of reading scripture is "irresponsible."

"It's not the way these Biblical texts were meant to be read, even by their original writers."

And even if they were, scholars can find mistakes in the mathematics and historical assumptions put forward in the Judgment Day predictions, he said. "It's all very slippery."

Ascough hasn't seen such visible activities like billboards from Family Radio in Canada before. He credits technology with allowing the group to reach more broadly into Canada and worldwide.

"They're savvy enough to have figured out how to market themselves well."

Cultural fascination

Family Radio is hardly the first group to predict the end. Movies, literature and television have told tales of a coming apocalypse, in many forms.

"Once it gets mocked on The Simpsons, you know it's taken hold," said Ascough.

Ascough sees both a cultural fascination with end-of-the-world scenarios and a fascination with the Bible behind the appeal that religious groups such as Family Radio can hold for followers.

"Quite a few people are attracted to fundamentalist groups of all stripes because many people don't like to live with ambiguity."

While Ascough predicts the world will survive any suggestions of its demise on May 21, he fully expects such ideas will be revived from time to time.

"Almost every generation has this kind of group, so I don't think they're going to go away."

Doomsday predictions

End-of-the-world predictions — or suggestions of other calamities — have been made for centuries. Here's a look at some of them:

Dec. 12, 2012. The Mayan calendar is widely misinterpreted as ending on that date. Many have predicted that cataclysmic events will take place.

Jan. 1, 2000. Otherwise known as Y2K, it was a widespread prediction that computers wouldn't be able to handle the arrival of 01/01/2000. They did.

Aug. 18, 1999. Charles Criswell King, an American psychic, said the world would end that day. His other predictions ranged from Denver being struck by a ray from space to saying in March 1963 that something would happen to U.S. President John F. Kennedy in November 1963 that would mean he wouldn't run for re-election in 1964.

Dec. 17, 1919. Meteorologist Albert Porta said that six planets would come together that day, with the resulting magnetic current causing the Earth to be engulfed by the exploding sun.

1914: Based on the Bible's book of Daniel, the Jehovah's Witnesses (Watchtower Bible and Tract Society) estimated the beginning of the war of Armageddon. It was one of several similar predictions.

Oct. 22, 1844. Followers of American Baptist preacher William Miller, founder of the Millerite movement, considered it the Great Disappointment when the second coming of Jesus, which he had predicted, did not occur on that date.

DemonGeminiX
05-11-2011, 02:16 PM
:shock:

You mean we only have 10 days left!!!

But that's going to interrupt baseball season.

:no:

FBD
05-11-2011, 02:21 PM
screw baseball, are they going to finish the hockey season?

DemonGeminiX
05-11-2011, 02:28 PM
:dunno:

I know. We're in the middle of the Stanley Cup playoffs!!!

:hand:

They're just gonna have to wait until the playoffs are over.

[-(

Noilly Pratt
05-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Nero fiddled while Rome burned...I'll listen to REM and U2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eyFiClAzq8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI6sBdA99c8
I've always loved the lyrics of this U2 song...

10 days...:-k what to do...time to buy that Mustang with zero down and no payments 'til next month!

http://www.gotbroken.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/2006-ford-mustang-fr500-gt-front-side-view-588x441.jpg

FBD
05-11-2011, 03:11 PM
wow, I wish I had the time to finish watching the detroit game last night...I thought they were done for when I left! nuttin like playoff hockey, everyone's rabid and hellbent to win at all costs. *that* is fkn sport right there.

RBP
05-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Beam me up Scotty

Godfather
05-11-2011, 03:30 PM
So so sorry JC,
but this week don't work for me,
girlfriends' got her period this week you see,
Can't end the world before a little skeet skeet

RBP
05-11-2011, 03:32 PM
The world's going to end and you're still faithful?

Godfather
05-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm getting too old for this shit... found a big 'ol pair of titties I like that are disease free and make lots of money so I'm locking them down

On the veeeeery off chance this prediction isn't correct I'd be very disappointed if I ran off and got herpes :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
05-11-2011, 03:38 PM
You doubt the prophecy? :shock:

Acid Trip
05-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Bring on the Rapture!

Edit: I just started reading the "Left Behind" series which is about the Rapture. If you are interested in that kind of stuff it's a good read (totally Fiction of course).

Hal-9000
05-12-2011, 02:16 AM
these type of predictions scare the hell outta me...

"Aug. 18, 1999. Charles Criswell King, an American psychic, said the world would end that day. His other predictions ranged from Denver being struck by a ray from space to saying in March 1963 that something would happen to U.S. President John F. Kennedy in November 1963 that would mean he wouldn't run for re-election in 1964."

Hal-9000
05-12-2011, 02:20 AM
They're coming to MY city??? :shock:

Oh good, now I don't have to quit smoking :cheerlead:

Godfather
05-12-2011, 02:36 AM
These predictions make me roll my eyes big time.

Individuals like Nostradamus wrote poems misinterpreted as prophecy. Of the tens of thousands of predictions made by hundreds of 'prophets' over centuries.... the overwhelming majority don't come true.

In fact, the majority are so vague that what 'true' is, is mostly dependant on who is reading it. Nostradamus' work in modern media is the greatest example of that.

But... you can surf through predictions for a few that are close, narrow them down to a couple accurate enough to be startling if viewed alone, and leave the last one post-dated and you have a very haunting article :roll: Nobody writing this nonsense mentions it still leaves the batting average around .000002

Charles Criswell King filled tomes with his dribble. He is famous for one sentence. Boourns.

Hal-9000
05-12-2011, 02:40 AM
You don't think the Kennedy prediction was eerily close and he nailed the exact month...before it happened?

What drew me to that one is that he just didn't say - Something is going to happen to him during this particular year

He noted that it would happen in November '63 and prevent him from running for office the next year.Remember that Kennedy was popular enough to likely get in the next term..

Godfather
05-12-2011, 02:48 AM
You don't think the Kennedy prediction was eerily close and he nailed the exact month...before it happened?

What drew me to that one is that he just didn't say - Something is going to happen to him during this particular year

He noted that it would happen in November '63 and prevent him from running for office the next year.Remember that Kennedy was popular enough to likely get in the next term..

He also said Mae West would be President and said her, himself and a few others would ride a rocketship to the moon together;

IMO, the dude got filthy rich filling books upon books and doing TV appearances spewing nonsense.

I bet I could find predictions of every president since Garfield or Lincoln being assassinated :lol:

deebakes
05-12-2011, 02:54 AM
shit, i got a lot to get done and not much time to do it :shock:

Loser
05-12-2011, 03:53 AM
:wank:....

What?! If the worlds gonna end in ten days, I'm checkin' out with my penis in my hand..

:naughty:

samarchepas
05-12-2011, 05:35 AM
The Apocalypse on my birthday! :woot:....:lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-12-2011, 08:44 AM
IMO, the dude got filthy rich filling books upon books and doing TV appearances spewing nonsense.

:-k

*Reconsiders career path*

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 10:56 AM
:wank:....

What?! If the worlds gonna end in ten days, I'm checkin' out with my penis in my hand..

:tmi:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 10:57 AM
He also said Mae West would be President and said her, himself and a few others would ride a rocketship to the moon together;

I bet I could find predictions of every president since Garfield or Lincoln being assassinated :lol:

Yeah, but I think the part about Denver being hit by a 'space ray' is his best one :lol:

Deepsepia
05-12-2011, 11:15 AM

So that's what they mean by "The Rapture"

DemonGeminiX
05-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Yeah, but I think the part about Denver being hit by a 'space ray' is his best one :lol:

:nono:

Don't laugh. Me and Stewie Griffin are working on that space ray. Denver's as good as gone.

[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2011, 02:00 PM
:nono:

Don't laugh. Me and Stewie Griffin are working on that space ray. Denver's as good as gone.

[-(

:tapfoot:

DemonGeminiX
05-19-2011, 12:37 AM
3 days!!!

:cheerlead:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 12:38 AM
And the space ray? :-s

DemonGeminiX
05-19-2011, 12:41 AM
It's coming.

[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 12:42 AM
The world will have ended before you get it done :rolleyes:

DemonGeminiX
05-19-2011, 12:43 AM
:lol:

Good one.

Hal-9000
05-19-2011, 12:49 AM
The world will have ended before you get it done :rolleyes:

if it's anything like his last pc build, you got generations to kick back and relax :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 12:49 AM
if it's anything like his last pc build, you got generations to kick back and relax :lol:

:burn:

Hal-9000
05-19-2011, 12:50 AM
WAIT! :shock:

It's our May 24th long weekend.....the world can't end on Saturday :(

Pony
05-19-2011, 01:08 AM
It won't. It's just the beginning of the end. We won't be finished until Oct.

DemonGeminiX
05-19-2011, 01:09 AM

:suspect:

deebakes
05-19-2011, 01:12 AM
72 hour bender! :dance:

Hal-9000
05-19-2011, 01:24 AM
:suspect:

oh sure, Lance burns you and you laugh....I burn you and get the stink-eye :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-19-2011, 01:26 AM
oh sure, Lance burns you and you laugh....I burn you and get the stink-eye :lol:

His burn was subtle and clever.

[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 01:29 AM
8-)

Hal-9000
05-19-2011, 01:29 AM
oh...that's how it is :(

wish I had a sense of humor

:coat:

Hal-9000
05-19-2011, 01:32 AM
kudos Lance :(

http://i.imgur.com/DYnMA.gif

DemonGeminiX
05-19-2011, 03:07 PM
2 Days!!!

:dance:

Acid Trip
05-19-2011, 03:38 PM
If you REALLY want to be freaked out by future predictions you need to read about Mother Shipton. Here is a site with some of her predictions from back in 1488 - 1561.

http://www.2012supplies.com/what_is_2012/mother_shipton_prophecy_2012.html

Acid Trip
05-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Check these out (for those too lazy to follow the link)

The signs will be there for all to read;
when man shall do most heinous
deed man will ruin kinder lives;
by taking them as to their wives.
And murder foul and brutal deed:
when man will only think of greed.
and man shall walk as if asleep;
he does not look - he may not peep
And iron men the tail shall do;
and iron cart and carriage too.

Tony Blair and George W. Bush have been
rumored to have planned the "war on terror"
long before the 9/11 attacks.

The king shall false promise make;
and talk just for talking's sake.
And nations plan horrific war;
the like as never seen before.
and taxes rise and lively down;
and nations wear perpetual frown.

The Pakistan, India, Afghanistan
earthquake killed more than 75,000 in
2005 after Afghanistan had been
obliterated by the "war on terror"

yet greater sign there be to see;
as man nears latter century.
three sleeping mountains gather
breath,
and spew out mud, ice and death.
an earthquake swallow town and
town;

China, the emerging superpower, has been
said to be eying Russian (mighty bear)
land as overpopulation persists.

In lands as yet to me unknown
And Christian one fights Christian two
and nations sigh, yet nothing do.
And yellow men great power gain;
from mighty bear with whom they've
lain.

These mightly tyrants will fail to do,
they fail to split the world in two.
But from their acts a danger bred;
an ague, leaving many dead.

And physics find no remedy;
for this is worse than lepresy.
Oh many signs for all to see;
the truth of this true prophecy.

Horseless carriages, aka cars, transporting
mankind about.

A carriage without horse will go,
disaster fill the world with woe.
In London, Primrose Hill shall be
in center hold a bishops sea.

The Internet has transformed global
consciousness.

Around the world men's thoughts will fly,
quick as the twinkling of an eye.
And water shall great wonders do,
How strange, and yet it shall come true.

Through towering hills proud men shall
ride,
no horse or ass move by his side.
Beneath the water, men shall walk,
shall ride, shall sleep, shall even talk.
And in the air men shall be seen,
In white and black and even green.
A great man, shall come and go
for prophecy declares it so.

Any modern ship is made of metal and no
longer wood.

In water, iron then shall float
as easy as a wooden boat.
Gold shall be seen in stream and stone,
In land that is yet unknown.

And England shall admit a Jew,
Do you think this strange, but it is true.
The Jew that once was led in scorn,
shall of a Christian then be born.

A house of glass shall come to pass,
In England. But alas, alas,
a war will follow with the work
where dwells the pagan and the turk.

These states will lock in fiercest strife,
and seek to take each other's life.
When north shall thus divide the south
an eagle build in lion's mouth
then tax and blood and cruel war
shall come to every humble door.

Three times shall lovely sunny France
be led to play a bloody dance.
Before the people shall be free
three tyrant rulers shall she see.

Three rulers in succession be
each springs from different dynasty.
Then when the fiercest strife is done.
England and France shall be as one.

The British olive shall next then twine,
in marriage with a German vine.
Men walk beneath and over streams
fulfilled shall be their wondrous dreams.

Compared to the days of Mother Shipton,
women do indeed dress like men.

For in those wondrous far off days,
the women shall adopt a craze
to dress like men, and trousers wear
and to cut off their locks of hair.

They'll ride astride with brazen brow,
as witches do on broomsticks now.

Harvesting corn in a roaring combine.
And roaring monsters with men atop,
does seem to eat the verdent crop.
And men shall fly as birds do now,
and give away the horse and plow.

Divorce rates have skyrocketed and fertility
rates have plunged in the last century.

They'll be a sign for all to see
be sure that it will certain be.
Then love shall die and marriage cease
and nations wane as babes decrease.
And wives shall fondle cats and dogs
and men live much the same as hogs.

I know I go, I know I'm free,
I know that this will come to be,
Secreted this, for this will be
found by later dynasty.

A dairy maid, a bonnie lass,
shall kick this tome as she does pass
And five generations she shall breed
before one male child does learn to
read.

This is then held year by year,
till an iron monster trembling fear,
eats parchment, words and quill and ink,
and mankind is given time to think.

And only when this comes to be
will mankind read this prophecy.
But one man sweets another's bain
so I shall not have burned in vein.

Japan has been said to have planned the war
against the US as early as 1926.

In nineteen hundred and twenty-six
build houses light of straw and sticks.
For then shall mighty wars be planned
and fire and swords shall sweep the
land.

Television, submarines, and aircraft certainly
fit this prophecy.

When pictures seem alive with
movements free,
when boats like fishes swim beneath
the sea.
When men like birds shall scour the sky.
Then half the world, deep drenched in
blood shall die.

For those who live the century through
in fear and trembling this shall do.
Flee to the mountains and the dens
to bog and forest and wild fens.

For storms will rage and oceans roar
when Gabriel stands on sea and shore,
and as he blows his wondrous horn
old worlds die and new be born.

A celestial body, such as an asteroid entering
Earth's atmosphere may certainly appear to
be a fiery dragon. Extinction due to
extraterrestrial impacts have occurred several
times on this planet

A fiery dragon will cross the sky
six times before the earth shall die.
Mankind will tremble and frightened be
for the six heralds in this prophecy.

For seven days and seven nights
man will watch this awesome sight.
The tides will rise beyond their ken.
To bite away the shores and then
the mountains will begin to roar
and earthquakes split the plain to shore.

And flooding waters rushing in,
will flood the lands with such a din
that mankind cowers in muddy fen
and snarls about his fellow men.

Cheyenne Mountain's northern entrance to the
home of NORAD, among other top
government programs. This facility holds food
and water for the worst of possible times.

He bares his teeth and fights and kills
and secrets food in secret hill
and ugly in his fear, he lies
to kill marauders, thieves and spies.

Man flees in terror from the floods
and kills, and rapes and lies in blood
and spilling blood by mankind's hand
will stain and bitter many lands.

And when the dragon's tail is gone
man forgets and smiles and carries on.
To apply himself - too late, too late
for mankind has earned deserved fate.

His masked smile, his false grandeur,
will serve the gods their anger stir
and they will send the dragon back
to light the sky - his tail will crack.
Upon the earth and rend the earth
and man shall flee, king, lord and serf.

Africa is being torn apart due to continental
drift. Eventually the sea will fill the void,
creating two new continents.

But slowly they are routed out
to seek diminishing water spout
and men will die of thirst before
the oceans rise to mount to the shore.
And lands will crack and rend anew
do you think it strange, it will come true.

And in some far - off distant land
some men - oh such a tiny band
will have to leave their solid mount
and span the earth, those few to count.

Who survives this (unreadable) and
then
begin the human race again.
But not on land already there,
but on ocean beds, stark, dry and bare.

Not every soul on earth will die,
as the dragon's tail goes sweeping by,
not every land on earth will sink,
but these will wallow in stench and stink,
of rotting bodies of beast and man,
of vegetation crisped on land.

But the land that rises from the sea
will be dry and clean and soft and free.
Of mankinds dirt and therefore be,
the source of man's new dynasty.
and those that live will ever fear
the dragon's tail for many year
but time erases memory
You think it strange. but it will be.

A typical UFO looks like a silver serpent. Does
Mother Shipton predict intervention from alien
beings in 2012?

And before the race is built anew,
a silver serpent comes to view
and spew out men of like unknown
to mingle with the earth now grown
cold from its heat and these men can
enlighten the minds of future man
to intermingle and show them how
to live and love and thus endow.
the children with the second sight.
a natural thing so that they might
grow graceful, humble and when they do
the golden age will start anew.

The dragon's tail is but a sign
for mankind's fall and man's decline.
and before this prophecy is done
I shall be burned at the stake, at l
My body cinged and my soul set free
You think I utter blastphemy
your wrong. These things have come to
me
this prophecy will come to be.

Hal-9000
05-19-2011, 06:52 PM
the ones about the net, lesbians, submarines and the 'fiery dragon' or 'dragon's tail' (sure sounds like nuclear destruction to me) are very eerie considering the time they were written

her stuff even rhymes :shock:

RBP
05-19-2011, 07:13 PM
I only take Haiku form prognostications as legit :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Oh please, if anyone believe that stuff I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale too :rolleyes:

DemonGeminiX
05-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Oh please, if anyone believe that stuff I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale too :rolleyes:

Hey! I'm selling that!

[-(

RBP
05-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Wait, so all the religious zealots will be leaving and the rest of us staying?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Hey! I'm selling that!

[-(

I didn't see your name on it :hand:

Yup, but we have to deal with hell on earth :(

RBP
05-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Yup, but we have to deal with hell on earth :(

as opposed to... ?

Hal-9000
05-19-2011, 07:35 PM
I only take Haiku form prognostications as legit :hand:

Fiery rain from sky
North Korea hates us lots
We are fuck-ed

:face:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 07:40 PM
as opposed to... ?

You do realize that hell on earth is being forced to watch Rosie O'Donnell 24/7 until you die? :-s

PorkChopSandwiches
05-19-2011, 07:40 PM

WIN!!

RBP
05-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Fiery rain from sky
North Korea hates us lots
We are fuck-ed

:face:

last line has 4 :hand:

RBP
05-19-2011, 07:43 PM
You do realize that hell on earth is being forced to watch Rosie O'Donnell 24/7 until you die? :-s

do we get pizza and ice cream?

DemonGeminiX
05-19-2011, 07:44 PM

Well, hang on a second now. Do all religious zealots believe in the same thing? No. Unfortunately, only one group of religious zealots will be right... so the rest of them would be left here with the rest of us.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-19-2011, 07:45 PM
do we get pizza and ice cream?

No....and in fact you have to sit close to her while she talks so you can smell her as well as hear her :|

PorkChopSandwiches
05-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Well, hang on a second now. Do all religious zealots believe in the same thing? No. Unfortunately, only one group of religious zealots will be right... so the rest of them would be left here with the rest of us.

FAIL!

Hal-9000
05-19-2011, 08:17 PM
last line has 4 :hand:

you try composing and posting a haiku on the forklift!!!

RBP
05-19-2011, 08:34 PM
you try composing
and posting a haiku while
driving a forklift

Hal-9000
05-19-2011, 08:40 PM
I feel like I'm being judged :(

get it? thread title tie-in?

Hal-9000
05-19-2011, 08:41 PM
you try composing
and posting a haiku while
driving a forklift

ok....that was good :lol:

Hal-9000
05-19-2011, 08:59 PM
hey....these guys are in my city for the next couple of days...

I should dress up real creepy-like and make a sign that says -YOUR world will end on the 21st
and then go hang out with them for a bit

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2011, 05:30 AM
One day left!

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Space ray? :-s

Pony
05-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Today at 5PM EST.

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Space ray? :-s

:-s

Are you still going to be alive after the asteroid hits your apartment complex while you're sitting on the toilet doing a number 2 tomorrow?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Today at 5PM EST.

It starts tomorrow, not this evening :nono:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2011, 11:10 AM

Are you still going to be alive after the asteroid hits your apartment complex while you're sitting on the toilet doing a number 2 tomorrow?

So you're saying that you lied and failed? :-k

Pony
05-20-2011, 11:10 AM

*explosions* *building shakes*

Damn Lance, what are you doing in there?

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2011, 11:12 AM
So you're saying that you lied and failed? :-k

I never put a target date on that space ray. But if you're alive after tomorrow, you can expect it sometime in the future. Don't be surprised if I wait until you're sitting on the toilet doing a number 2 to do it.

[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2011, 11:15 AM
*explosions* *building shakes*

Damn Lance, what are you doing in there?

Jalapeno brats for dinner last night :oops:

I never put a target date on that space ray. But if you're alive after tomorrow, you can expect it sometime in the future. Don't be surprised if I wait until you're sitting on the toilet doing a number 2 to do it.

[-(

:waiting:

Softdreamer
05-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Holy shit!

Why wasnt this thread a sticky??
I only just found out and its happening tomorrow.

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Lance is gonna be checking out the window before he goes to the bathroom from now on.

Softdreamer
05-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Lance is potty trained??

Pony
05-20-2011, 11:39 AM
It starts tomorrow, not this evening :nono:

Midnight in Jerusalem is 5PM this evening. Better get your affairs in order. :nana:

Muddy
05-20-2011, 12:25 PM
It's gonna be a beautiful weekend, so I don't have time for this shit...:beerchug:

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Midnight in Jerusalem is 5PM this evening. Better get your affairs in order. :nana:

And don't forget to flush.

:mrgreen:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2011, 12:31 PM

Who says it starts on Jerusalem time? :-s

Hal-9000
05-20-2011, 03:10 PM
If it ends tomorrow...that means I get next week off of work :cheerlead:

DemonGeminiX
05-20-2011, 03:13 PM
It's the end of the world as we know it
And I feel fine...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2011, 03:15 PM
If it ends tomorrow...that means I get next week off of work :cheerlead:

That reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons...Homer calls in sick and then the plant calls back and Marge answers the phone...she tells Homer, it's the plant, they said if you don't come in today (Friday) then don't bother coming in on Monday. And Homer was all WOOHOO! 4 day weekend!

Hal-9000
05-20-2011, 04:10 PM
That reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons...Homer calls in sick and then the plant calls back and Marge answers the phone...she tells Homer, it's the plant, they said if you don't come in today (Friday) then don't bother coming in on Monday. And Homer was all WOOHOO! 4 day weekend!

I often take my lead from cultural icons that are more intelligent than me :thumbsup:

Pony
05-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Who says it starts on Jerusalem time? :-s

Jesus.

:slap:

Pony
05-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Well it's 5:10 and I'm still h

RBP
05-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Well it's 5:10 and I'm still h